Perfect Fate ✔

By fanoshkaflippo

Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling i... More

Prologue
1. Captivated
2. Something I Had Never Felt Before
3. Unusual Heartache
4. Let Me Take You Home
5. Inches Away
6. Like Never Before
7. Tomorrow I'll Make It Right
8. Thank You, I'm Sorry and Goodbye
9. I Promise You and I
10. A Way Around
11. Against All Odds
12. Fate Has a Sense of Humor
13. Butterflies, Fly Away
14. Work Related
15. Passing Time
16. Not Again
17. Not Just Yet
18. So Close
19. A Little Taste
20. Good Gone Bad
21. Both Feet In
22. Question Everything
23. Over and Over
24. Perfection
25. The Right Thing To Do
26. Intimacy
27. Publicly
29. Fight For Me
30. Come and Get Me
31. Too Late For Promises
32. Trying Hard
33. No Matter What
34. I Remember
35. Spare A Life
36. Make This Right
37. I Won't Let Go
38. Adorably Back
39. ** Give Me More **
40. First and Last
41. Don't Judge a Book By Its Cover
42. Everything To Me
43. Earning His Trust
44. ** No Life Without You**
45. Hundred Percent Positive
46. Falling For The First Time
47. Gone
48. ** Stay Here Forever **
49. A Love Like No Other
50. Matching Words of Love
51. ** A Few Days **
52. Not The Drake We Know
53. A Mere Coincidence
54. Long Gone Love
55. A Terrible Mistake
56. Worth It
57. ** A Real Man **
58. A Chance At Happiness
59. A Perfect Plan
60. Alive
61. Tonight
62. Not Like This
63. No Life Without You
64. Out Of Love
65. My Perfect Fate
Love Again
Colton's Miracle
The Good Within
A Second Chance

28. Sleeping With The Enemy

146K 4.7K 722
By fanoshkaflippo

Her..

"Don't panic. It's going to be fine." Dean held my hand and I ignored the warmth his touch had brought me because it wasn't the right time for that.

"Red carpet as in the one the movie stars walk on?" I asked.

"Yeah, that's the one." Jake replied.

"And you want me to walk on it?" I asked again.

"We'll be there. You don't need to worry." Jake tried to assure me.

"I'll faint." I stated.

"What?" Jake and Dean both squeaked.

"I'll faint. You see, I had this school play once. The teacher gave me a small role. I wanted it so badly but I was really nervous. Do I told her to find someone else, but she insisted, and when the day of the play came and everyone was up the stage acting and singing, I was backstage waiting nervously my turn, trying my hardest to keep breathing and stop myself from shaking. Then it was time for me to get on stage, so I forced myself out, and once I saw the lights and heard everyone's muttering, everything turned black." I pouted as I remembered how embarrassed I was that night.

"I woke up later at home and they told me that I fainted because I was so nervous. I mean, I was ten, but still point is if I walk down that carpet I will surely faint and then I will really embarrass you, and I don't want to do that." I pouted after explained my issue with too much attention.

"Well, that's an adorable story, but embarrass us? In that dress? Did you look at your back? If you faint you'll do everything but embarrass us." Jake smirked.

"Hey." Dean groaned at him and I giggled.

"I'm trying to make her feel better." Jake shrugged and winked at me.

"You're not going to faint. You're going to be fine. We'll just stop and smile for one picture, then we'll go directly inside the hotel, okay?" Dean said.

"We're going to stop and smile!?" I shouted.

"Yes, but only once. It's going to be fine, I promise." He assured me again.

"Alright, I hope so." I swallowed.

"Well, I guess we're about to find out." He smiled as the car stopped. The limo's door got open and I instantly backed from the flashlights thats bursted in. William got out then Dean after him. He held out his left hand for me and I shakily took it. I slowly slid out and my heels touched the ground. I took a deep breath, trying to ignore the fact that I could hear my name being called by people I had never seen in my life.

I stood up next to Dean, my right hand tightly holding his left. We took a few steps forward then Jake got out and stood at me left side. He smiled at me then I saw Bobby coming standing beside his son. He smiled at me just like Jake and my head instantly went to my right to see Max next to Dean. They both smiled at me as well and I let go of Dean's hand and held my black clutch tightly.

Oh, boy. I really am standing in the middle of the four most well-known and handsome men in the fashion business.

I took a deep breath to steady myself and I let it out with a smile, moving my eyes across the hundreds of cameras in front of me, and with just that I went almost blind by the flashlights. I stayed still for a few seconds till I felt Dean's hand on my back. I looked at him and he smiled at me, making my heart calm down just a little.

"Perfect." He mouthed and winked at me then we started walking down the red carpet. Thousands of questions were thrown at us but neither Dean nor Jake stopped to answer any. They escorted me to the front gate and once I got inside everyone went silent; only the soft music could be heard.

Whoa. Breathe, Emma. Just breathe. Every single eyeball in the whole ballroom is on me! Come on, people, it's not like Angelina Jolie has walked in! It's just me.

"Why are they looking at me like that?" I quietly asked Jake and Dean.

"I told you. You're the news." Jake stated and we started walking again. The chatter eventually started to fill the room again.

Okay, I'm not bluffing when I say that seriously almost every man in the room is looking at me. I feel naked. I should've just shopped.

We walked to a table and Dean pulled out a chair for me. I sat down then he and Jake did.

"I remember like no one in here." I whispered.

"It's okay. You're new. They know that." Dean clenched his jaw.

He is not in a good mood. I can see why. I mean, I really do feel naked under everyone's gaze.

"But what I really don't get is, why am I suddenly this much of a big deal? I mean, you've had a lot of assistants before, have this always happened? I can't even see Jake's assistant, or Max's. I see Bob's standing over there, but does she have paparazzi following her too?" I asked Dean, nudging my head to the side.

"Well, let me explain it breifly. Firstly, I'm Dean Parker, the sole heir of Parker's corporation, so I'm kind of really important. Secondly, I've never brought an assistant with me anywhere. I would meet them there if it was necessary, but never let them ride with me as my dates. Thirdly, we've been seen a lot together outside of work, and we've been seen holding hands, which intrigues everyone to know what is going on between us. And all assistants are actually here, yes. Got it?" He whispered.

"Hold on, what do you mean you're the sole heir of Parker's corporation?" I frowned.

"Do you know nothing about me at all?" He shook his head in disbelief before he explained, "Honey, yes, the four of us share the title of CEO, but my dad is the only owner of the corporation."

"Seriously?" I gasped at the new information.

"Yes, try googling me sometime. It'll help." He rolled his eyes at me playfully.

"So does that mean that your father has the final say? Like if there's a conflict and you can't all agree on a decision, does he decide what happens next?" I asked with a smile of amusement.

"No, if like you say there's a conflict and the four of us can't agree on one decision then majority rules." He took as sip of water.

"Well, what if two of you agree and two disagree then?" I asked again with a grin.

"Well, it has actually never happened before, but I'm sure we'll just have to stay in the meeting long enough until one of us is convinced. We're a family. We do everything with love and we all serve the same purpose, which is the greater good of the company. Yes, the methods sometimes differ, but we always figure it out." He shrugged and I decided just then that he had a bigger piece of my heart than before, because even though the company was to be his one day, he only always treated Jake as an equal.

"Good evening, Dean, Jake." A tall man came in view and both Dean and Jake stood up. I followed and the man looked at me with a smile. He shook hands with Jake and Dean then he held out his hand for me.

"You are obviously, Emma, who everyone is talking about." He smirked. I nervously nodded and took his hand. He pulled my hand up to his mouth and kissed my knuckles.

"Well, Emma, allow me to tell you that you are by far the most beautiful woman in this ballroom." He held on my hand for longer than I liked. I tried to pull it out of his grip but he only held it tighter which creeped me out.

"Excuse me, Mr. Holland. I wanted to talk to you about some work." Jake tried to help but the man just smirked.

"I'd rather stay here and talk to this lady. No offense, Jake, but you're not as hot as she is." He winked at me and I frowned.

"Well, actually I need her to come with me. Excuse us." Dean snapped and pulled my lower arm, yanking my hand out of Mr. Holland's, before taking me to the far side of the ballroom where we were out of earshot. He took a deep breath, let go of my hand and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Calm down, okay?" I tried.

"He held your hand too long. Why the hell didn't you take it back?" He accused.

"I tried. He didn't let go." I thought that was going to calm him down but I was wrong, because it just made him angrier.

"Hey, it's okay. Forget about it. The night is still young." I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Jake came not looking happy either.

"Seriously, how can someone be that rude?" He groaned.

"Come on, not you too. Let it go, guys. He's gone, at least for now. Let's try to enjoy the evening." I smiled, trying to assure them, even though I had a feeling in my gut that something awful was to happen.

"What are you guys doing here? You should be out there talking and communicating with people." Max's voice came from beside us.

"Emma, you look hot!" Bobby said and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Again? I told you before not to say that in front of him." I gestured my head at Dean.

"Right. Sorry. You look nice." He winked at me with a smirk and I laughed. Dean groaned and rolled his eyes at us.

"We should go back." Jake said and we did. The five of us sat together, but Dean hadn't utter a word since.

"Dean? Will you dance with me?" I stood up and held out a hand. The four men looked at me and smiled before he nodded with a smile and stood up. He took my hand in his and escorted me to the dancing floor. He put a hand on my bare back and pulled me to him, holding my hand in his. I put my free hand on his upper arm and we started swaying with the soft music.

"Have I told you that you look absolutely amazing tonight?" He whispered in my ear, making me shiver.

"No, actually you were too busy shouting at me to do that." I teased.

"Yeah, about that. I'm sorry. I lose it sometimes." He shrugged childishly.

"You don't say?" I raised my brows sarcastically.

"Shut up. But, really, you look amazing. I wish I could just steal you away for the rest of the night." He spoke softly and I knew he meant every words.

"Excuse me." A man's voice came from behind me before I could reply.

"May I have a dance with this beautiful woman? Emma, I believe." He smiled at me and I felt Dean's hand tighten its hold around my waist, before I noticed how he seemed to be taken back a little. He nodded at him, and much to my surprise, let go of me and silently walked back to the table, as the man took his place. My eyes followed him, confused.

"So, you're the new assistant, I hear." The man smiled, grabbing my attention back to him. He was probably in his mid twenties, with blond hair and emerald green eyes that I had seen before.

"Yes, I am. And you are..?" I asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I must have forgotten my manners at the table. I'm Jason Patrick." The name rang in my head.

"Are you related to Lauren Patrick?" I asked.

"Yes, she's m--"

"Please say wife." I pleaded, even though I knew that Dean could never have gotten involved with a married woman. He shot his eyebrows up in amusement.

"No, sister actually." He chuckled.

"Why did you wan--"

"Excuse me, Jason. May I?" Someone held out a hand for me.

Seriously? Who is this as well? I have never seen either of them before, yet they want to slow dance with me. Some men are just creepy.

"Uhh.." Jason look at me as if asking me what he should do. Even though I appreciated that he gave me a chance to refuse, I still had no choice but to nod. Jason excused himself and the new man took his place, just when I wondered where Dean had gone and why he had left me alone on the dance floor for more men to awkwardly push me into dancing with the.

"Hi." He smirked wickedly and I instantly knew that he was bad news.

"Hi." I forced a smile, tensing, as I dragged my eyes across the room, trying to spot Dean.

"So who are you exactly?" He asked, eyes somewhat familiar to me yet ice cold.

"You're the one who asked to dance. You asked not knowing who I was?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yeah, because you're damn hot." He winked and I frowned.

"Emma." Dean's voice made me jump. I looked to my left and I saw him coming closet with Jake, Max and Bob. Obviously irritated, Dean held my arm and pulled me to him away from that man, harsher than he wished. I shrieked at the sudden move and stumbled a little, but didn't utter a word as I saw the two men glaring at one another.

"John. What are you doing here? I thought you were in London." Max asked and I frowned in confusion.

"I got bored. They don't have women this insanely hot there." He winked at me, making my throat close.

I swear, I just heard the four Parkers groan at the same time. Who is this man?

Possessively, Dean wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I could feel the anger and tension radiating from his figure.

"Oh, my. Who is she for the four of you to come and invade our private dance that way?" He raised his brows in amusement.

"She's my son's a--" Max started.

"Girlfriend." Both Jake and Dean spat in unison.

------

Hey, you guys! Just wanted to remind you to check my other book, A Second Chance. It's a werewolf love story, and I'm really proud of it.  I can't wait for you to read it and tell me what you think.

Love you all,
Farah Fekry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.3K 1.3K 38
Allister is brand new to the world of work; fresh out of high school. His boss is nothing like he expects and very quickly his learning that his offi...
470K 13.4K 65
⚠️⚠️Mature content⚠️⚠️ 🌟🌟I do not own rights to images on the cover or the song lyrics in the book. All rights go to the photographers and writers...
4.5K 427 34
Maan Malhotra ~ "I'm so deeply lost in my soul; how can I expect anyone else to understand me?" "A handsome and powerful CEO, he changes partners as...