Who Would I Be Without You...

By MeghanTheMusicalNerd

For most of her life, Olivia Cook has been compared to her older brother Ben, and even though she loves him v... More

One: Studying and Vandalism
Two: Group Chat During Class
Three: Wake Up Call
Four: Home For Christmas
Five: Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...
Six: Coming to a Conclusion
Seven: New Year In New York
Eight: Tag Along *Part 1*
Ten: Central Park Days
Eleven: Instagram
Twelve: Birthday Surprises
Authors Note
Thirteen: Sick Day *Reupload*
Fourteen: Paint Stains and Lunch Dates
Fifteen: Surprise Visitors
*Update*
Sixteen: Family Game Night
Seventeen: Museum Date
Eighteen: Secrets UnCovered...
Nineteen: No Turning Back
Twenty: Community Love
Twenty-One: Illusions and Dellusions
Twenty-Two: The Voices That Echo...
Twenty-Three: Emergency Rooms and Pudding Cups
Twenty-Four: Road to Recovery
Twenty-Five: (Mean) Girls Night
Twenty-Six: On the Spot, in the Spotlight *Part 1*
Twenty-Seven: On the Spot, in the Spotlight *Part 2*
Twenty-Eight: Life Outside The Spotlight
Thank You (+Sequel?)
*Ben Cook Imagines*
Sequel Time!

Nine: Tag Along *Part 2*

512 12 10
By MeghanTheMusicalNerd

A/N: I have this horrible habit of not finishing fan fictions because I lose interest and think no ones that interested in them anyway so please, if you think anyone else you know would be interested in this fic, share it with them? That would be super helpful and make my day :) Enjoy Part 2! <3

I really don't know where Ben is taking me right now.

We've been up a spiral of stairs, through some doors around at least 5 corners and down 3 hallways, I think we might be going to Narnia...

After a while of all the twists and turns, we reach a door, but it's not to the ensemble dressing room that Ben resides in, there's photos and stickers all over the door, and on the left hand side of the door there's a laminated sheet that has names on the side:

Erika Henningsen

Taylor Louderman

The names are familiar due to the fact that I know they play Cady and Regina in the show and met them on the extremely rare occasion either I or (most likely) Ben have skyped each other, I look back at Ben and give him a questioning look, "why are we at Erika and Taylor's dressing room?"

He doesn't reply, just knocks on the door and opens it after hearing a voice on the other voice yell. "Come in!"

Once the door swings open fully, I stand there awkwardly, peering into the room to see two girls, one sat at the mirrors, touching up her makeup, her phone propped up against a box, open on a Twitter feed and the other girl lounging on a small couch, flipping through a book.

The girl on the couch looks up, noticing me and smiling, a strand of blonde hair falling onto her face. "Hey, you must be Olivia right?"

I look in Ben's direction for moral support but find he's not there, I furrow my brow and look around, where the hell did he go? I look back at the blonde girl and smile shyly. "Uhh, Via, yeah, that's me. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you're Taylor?"

Her smile widens as she stands, walking over to the door and taking my hand gently, pulling me into the room, "why yes I am, and that's Erika over there," she points over to the brunette girl at the mirror, who finishes with her makeup and looks up at us and smiles. "Hey!"

I smile back politely and wave timidly, "we've heard a lot about you, Ben is really happy your here." Erika continues as Taylor guides me to the couch.

"I know...a little too happy if you ask me." I say, mumbling the last part. When we were kids, whenever Ben was hiding something and wanted something from me, our other siblings or parents, he'd go out of his way to be enthusiastic about things, sometimes a little too enthusiastic if you know what I mean. Don't get me wrong, he's a great guy who is genuinely nice and enthusiastic, but when he actually tries to be overly enthusiastic, that's when you know somethings up...

Neither Erika or Taylor takes too much notice to this comment, laughing at my comment dismissively.

"Well, you can forget about him for now and hang with us for the rest of the day." Taylor tells me, squeezing my shoulders as she hugged me.

"Thanks, I'd like that." I say, sighing and leaning back on the couch, Erika groans from the mirror, tapping furiously on her phone,, I stare at her. "You okay?"

She huffed, blowing a piece of hair out of her face, looking like the Little Mermaid when she does, ad looks up at me, "sorry, my phone's just dead, do either of you have a charger or the time?" she asks, tossing her phone onto the desk, a little too hard.

Taylor felt in her pockets and around the couch and on her side of the desk, "my chargers in my bag, I think I left it downstairs at stage door." she says, getting up and heading out the door.

I take my hone out my pocket and click the power button, the lock screen lighting up my face in a gentle light. the photo of me, Alex and Talia at a Halloween party a few years ago stares back at me, ironically we were all dressed as Cady, Janis and Damian.

I turn the screen to show Erika, "it's almost 12." I tell her, about to turn the phone back around when Erika says, "hey, what's your lock screen?"

I shrug nonchalantly, "me and my friends at a Halloween party Junior Year of high school." I say as she takes the phone from me, looking at the picture closely. 

"Are you supposed to be characters from Mean Girls?" she asked, a playful smile slowly growing on her lips. I smile back at her and nod, "yeah, I'm Janis, and my friends Talia and Alex are Damian and Cady." I explain.

She nods, still smiling like a little kid, "can you send me that picture, I'd love to show it to Barrett and Grey...if you don't mind that is?" she asked, passing my phone back to me.

It takes me a second before I remember who Barrett and Grey are (they play Janis and Damian in the show) and I nod, "yeah sure, I don't mind." I say, trying not to sound too nervous, as it is an old picture and the three of us were working on a budget and made our costumes from scratch and threw a bunch of thrift store pieces together and it looks a little tacky. I still love the picture and all, but showing it to other people would be a little embarrassing.

Just then, Taylor comes back in the room, holding her charger in one hand and her phone in the other, she hands the charger to Erika and plonks down next to me on the couch, I take this opportunity to unlock my phone and text Ben to see why he disappeared on me.

Me: Hey doofus, where the hell did you go??

it takes a minute or so, but he texts back.

Ben: I had to get to the stage for warm-ups before rehearsals start

Me: I could've come with you, why'd you drop me off here?

Ben: I thought you'd enjoy hanging out with the girls a lot more than your oh so annoying big brother! ;P

Me: true, but the whole point of this trip is for us to hang out and "bond" as Mom puts it.

Ben: we can afford to spend an hour or so away from each other, but if you really miss me that much, feel free to come down with the girls...which reminds me, tell Tay and E to get their asses down here, rehearsals are about to start!

I roll my eyes.

Me: don't flatter yourself Benjamin! Be down in 5 x 

I lock my phone again, putting it in my pocket and stood up, "Ben text me to tell you both that rehearsals are starting." I say, turning to the girls who immediately stand.

We all head out the door and down the spiralling staircase and around all those corners and through a few doors to get to the stage. Half way there, Taylor pulls out her phone and pulls up a photo, showing it to me, "Ben sent us a bunch of your art work, it's amazing!"

I look at the screen to see my art folder and collages from over the years and a the essays that go with them. I feel my cheeks get hot and try to hide my smile, "uuh, thanks, I guess, that's really old work anyway, it's not the best. My recent work is a lot better than that."

"Like that monkey in the suit painting? Couldn't agree more, I loved that!" Erika says from the bottom of the stairs, I roll my eyes, "that one has gotten me into a lot of trouble...so it's obviously my favourite!" I smirk as the girls laugh.

"With all your amazing artwork, you've shown to be very...perspicacious in your creative output." Taylor says slyly.

I furrow my brow, staring at her, a slow smirk rising to my lips, "thanks, I do believe I have a keen mental perception and understanding too."

Taylor's eyes widen and her mouth fell open, shocked into silence.

I smile at her sweetly, "you tried, but you failed!" I sing out in a ridiculously over the top way and skip down the stairs, "Louderman Lingoooo!"

Erika looked like she was trying to hold back her laughter as she followed behind me, Taylor slowly in tow, "that's a first for Louderman Lingo...." Taylor says, still looking bewildered, letting out an airy laugh, me and Erika joining in the giggling soon after.

I turn back to her and flash her a cheesy grin, "I have the same book you get your words from, I got it for an English assignment a year ago and used it ever since." I explain, holding the door for them before walking behind them the rest of the way.

As Erika and Taylor head to the stage, I head to the seating area near the front of the stage and slump into one of the red cushioned seats, watching as the band shuffles into the orchestra pit and settles in their own chairs, tweaking their instruments, plucking guitars, tapping piano keys and blowing into trumpets to make sure they sound clean and precise.

My phone beeps and it's a text from Alex-

Alex: Hey sista' from another mista'! How's your first week in New York going?

I huff, blowing at a piece of hair, where should I start? I think to myself as I type back a supply.

Me: It's been...interesting?

Alex: ...What's that supposed to mean? Interesting as in, you've seen a pigeon drag a whole slice of pizza? Or interesting as in you've been to an orgy and found my future husband?

I can't help but snort a laugh at that, which would've been fine if I hadn't paused to take a sip of my coffee, causing it to shoot out my nose and mouth simultaneously and cause me to choke a little.

Me: Thanks for that image! I just choked on my coffee!!

Alex: You're welcome honey ;) x

I roll my eyes, wiping the coffee off my mouth and top before blowing my nose and typing back a reply.

Me: You're gross. And no, not Orgy interesting, but I did see a pigeon sit in a taco whilst eating it!

Alex: Taking breakfast in bed to a whole other level! Now back to my husband you met at that Orgy...

Me: WHY MUST YOU BE SO GROSS?? Anyway, what happened to your plan of hooking up with my brother?

Alex: I'm keeping my options open boo! Just in case our dear Benjamin decides to break my dear little heart 

I chuckle silently at that one.

Me: It never takes much to break your heart Alex  😂 

Alex: RUDE! I have the thickest skin their ever was!

Me: Alexander Nathaniel Stevenson you HAVE to be kidding me! We went to see Toy Story 3 and you cried like a little baby!

Alex: Olivia Eleanor Cook that movie is the only exception! They accepted their fate in that incinerator and looked death DEAD IN THE FACE!!

Me: You are such a drama queen 😂

Alex: Sorry that I have a SOUL!

I smile and let out a small laugh as I hear the music begin to play. I look up, seeing them begin warm-ups and their rehearsal.

Me: Gotta go babes, starting rehearsals, don't wanna get yelled at x :)

Alex: Okay VeeVee! Talk soon! xxxx

I lock my phone and put it in my pocket, deciding to watch them all warm up for the rest of the afternoon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 2.7K 45
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝐣𝐨𝐬𝐡𝐮𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐭𝐭 " 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 " josh x fem!oc !! i created this story...
75.5K 1.2K 75
Sequal to 'The Past Is In The Past.' If you haven't read that it may be hard to read this story without context, so make sure to read part one befor...
19.7K 443 29
You and your brother move from California, to New York for his acting job. You and your brother are inseparable, and you always depended on him. When...
447K 19.7K 141
The everlasting cycle of being thrown from one foster home to another is enough to destroy a girls self love and ability to see the world as beautifu...