Worth It

blackgirlwrites tarafından

[COMPLETED] This story is messy! Prepare to be pissed! Lol Daha Fazla

Chapter 1: Challenge Accepted
Chapter 2: All In
Chapter 3: Feels Right
Chapter 4: The Wknd
Chapter 5: A Metaphor For Always
Chapter 6: Knowing What You Deserve
Chapter 7: Got Your Back
Chapter 8: Looking Out
Chapter 9: Being Present
Chapter 10: Heart to Heart
Chapter 11: Pining After You
Chapter 12: Heated Confrontation
Chapter 13: How It Went Down
Chapter 14: The Cat is Out of the Bag
Chapter 15: You Got Served
Chapter 16: In the Blink of An Eye
Chapter 17: Major Adjustments
Chapter 18: Official
Chapter 19: The Turn Up
Chapter 20: If It's Not One Thing...
Chapter 21: ...It's Another
Chapter 22: Pinky Promise
Chapter 23: The Visit
Chapter 24: The Interlude
Chapter 25: Things Fall Apart
Chapter 26: Curveball
Chapter 27: Thanks Ma
Chapter 28: The Smoke Has Cleared
Chapter 29: Our Next Move
Chapter 30: Clear the Room
Chapter 31: The Chat
Chapter 32: First Impressions
Chapter 33: Getting Acquainted
Chapter 34: Laying it All Down
Chapter 35: Mommy Dearest
Chapter 36: Decisions
Chapter 37: A Little Solace...
Chapter 38: Bittersweet Moments
Chapter 39: Back to Back
Chapter 40: Water Lilies
Chapter 41: The Light at the End
Chapter 43: It's Me
Chapter 44: Betrayal
Chapter 45: The Pieces He Left
Chapter 46: I Remember
Chapter 47: The Saturday After
Chapter 48: Puzzle Pieces
Part 49: The One Before You
Chapter 50: Denial Ain't Just A River...
Chapter 51: Detour
Chapter 52: Make Believe Love
Chapter 53: You Know How That Goes
Chapter 54: 6211 Lighthouse Drive
Chapter 55: Let's stay Together
Chapter 56: The Blow Up
Chapter 57: I'll Always Love You
Chapter 58: An Unforgettable Night
Chapter 59: The Truth About Us
Chapter 60: Snapped
Chapter 61: Go Handle Your Business
Chapter 62: These Arms
Chapter 63: Terms & Conditions

Chapter 42: New Life

1.6K 91 6
blackgirlwrites tarafından

"The memorial was so beautiful."

"How are you holding up?"

"Alyssa."

"She has no idea how much she was loved."

"Alyssa."

"If you need anything just let me know."

"Alyssa. Baby."

I looked up and saw Kevin standing in front of me. He stroked my cheek and smiled. "Hey beautiful. You ready to go? Everybody's meeting us back at the apartment."

"Um. Actually," I said standing up. "Can we go somewhere first?"

Kevin looked confused. "Sure, but what about our guest?"

I thought for a moment. "Janelle has a key. She can let them in. I'll call her right now."

"Works for me," he shrugged.

I quickly dialed her number. "Hey J. I have a quick favor to ask you. Can you let everyone in the apartment and then meet me and Kevin somewhere? Mya or Key can take care of everything else. Okay. Thanks. I'll text you the address."

Kevin raised his eyebrow at me. "What are you up to?"

"You have to come with me to find out," I said taking his keys from him. "I'm driving."

Kevin slid into the passengers seat. "So just to be clear you're not telling me where we're going?"

I put the car in drive. "That is correct," I grinned.

"I don't get it. Just a few minutes ago you were somewhere in outer space and now your spontaneous Suzie."

I laughed. "Would you relax? I'm not taking you to someplace crazy.

"So why won't you tell me," he grinned.

"Because that would ruin the surprise. You just have to trust me."

Fifteen minutes later we arrived to our destination.

Kevin unbuckled his seatbelt and looked out the window. "Baby. Why are we at the courthouse and why is Janelle meeting us here? Oooh snap," he said quickly putting it together.

He turned to look at me. "Are you sure that this is what you want to do? I mean, I haven't even bought your ring yet."

"I don't care about a ring. I care about you," I said softly caressing his cheek.

"And you don't have your dress," he added.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I didn't want to wear white anyway."

Kevin grinned at me. "You really want to do this?"

"More than anything in the entire world," I said throwing my arms around his neck. He gave me a few pecks on the lips. "So you're in," I cheesed.

"I was in the moment I asked you to marry me. Let's do this!"

About thirty minutes later, while sitting in the car with Kevin, I looked up and saw Janelle tapping recklessly on the window. "Biiih," she yelled, "you're getting married!"

"I know," I yelled to her through the window. I quickly opened the car door and got out. Janelle met me halfway. She threw her arms around me and hugged me tightly. "Sorry I'm late. I had to make a few stops, but oh my goodness," she squealed, "I'm so happy for you!" When she let me go there were tears in her eyes. "I can't believe that in the next few hours you're going to be Mrs. Kevin Davis. I am so happy that you found your soulmate."

"Thank you so much J. That really means a lot to me."

"Of course," she said hugging me a second time.

"We heard someone's getting married," I heard a voice say from behind me. I turned around to be greated by my brother's and sisters, my parents, Dominck, and a handful of our friends. Everyone that we would ever want to witness our union was here.

"Janelle you did not," I squealed.

She shrugged her shoulders and grinned. "I did."

I hugged her again. "Thank you so much. This is so sweet of you."

"I knew you would have wanted them here."

"Come on y'all we gotta get inside," Kevin called out to us. Janelle started to head up the steps. "Janelle wait." She turned around.

"Yeah?"

"I wanted to officially ask you if you would be my maid of honor slash witness," I grinned.

"Of course I would," she said giddily. She grabbed my hand and pulled me up the steps. "Come on! Let's get you ready!"

"What you mean "get me ready," I asked as I followed behind her.

Janelle looked back and smiled at me as we entered the courthouse. "There's a reason why you call me your bestfriend."

"Whatchu talkin' bout Janelle?"

"I took the liberty of calling ahead of your arrival to book you and Kevin's ceremony for 4:30, which gives us at least an hour to get you and him dressed into something more," she paused and searched for the word, "wedding-esque."

"Oh my goodness! Seriously," I nearly yelled. She laughed and nodded her head yes. "I need to call Kevin.'

"No need. The men have him taken care of," she smiled.

"Wow! You are thorough," I said with emphasis. "Thank you so much. You really didn't have to do anything but bring yourself and you went out of your way and in like thirty minutes got all of this done. You're amazing!"

"It's your wedding day. It deserves to be as special as you and Kevin's relationship is."

"Why you trynna make me cry already," I laughed dabbing at my eyes.

"Don't you start," Janelle chuckled. "Come on," she said pulling me into a room. She had a dress picked out for me and everything. My eyes grew wide. "Girl. This is a damn courthouse wedding which means we ain't finna be in here no time and you brought all this stuff," I said tearing up again. "How'd you manage to get us in here and whose office is this?" I said looking around.

She raised her eyebrow and grinned. "Girl my favorite cousin works here. She hooked me up. This is her office."

"Seriously?"

"Mmhm," she grinned as she fixed me up. "And it worked out perfectly for us, because she's in a meeting as we speak." She looked me over. "Here put these on," she said placing something in my hands.

"Oh my God," I said staring into my opened hand. "These are my great grandmothers diamond earrings." I looked up at her. "How'd you---"

"Your mom wanted you to have them as your something old and something blue."

"Oh my goodness." My eyes started to well up. Janelle smiled at me through the mirror. "We have this old tradition in my family where whoever wears these earrings will have a prosperous and fruitful marriage. My great-great grandmother was married for sixty- years before her husband passed, my great grandmother---fifty eight years, and my grandmother---sixty four." I put the earrings on. "My mom never wore these. She didn't believe in the tradition."

"But after seeing you and Kevin, maybe I do."

I turned around and saw my mom standing in the doorway.

"Hey ma."

She walked further into the room. "Nel can you give us a minute?"

"Of course. I'll go check on everyone else," she said making her way to the door. My mom looked at me.

"You look beautiful."

"Thanks ma."

She grabbed ahold of both my arms. "I have something that I want to say to you just in case I don't get the chance to say it later." I searched her face trying to figure out what she meant. "Alyssa listen to me," she said holding up my chin. "You are nothing like me. And you and Kevin's relationship is nothing like your father's and I. Either of them," she smiled. "It's better. You and Kevin's marriage will last, because you both have the strength to weather any storm. I believe in you," she said with tears in her eyes, "and I believe in this marriage. Don't listen to the things I said all those months ago. It came from a place of bitterness and I am so sorry that I projected my feelings onto you. I love you Alyssa. More than you ever knew possible," she grabbed my hands, "and I want to see you thrive and blossom into all that you can be."

"You just wanted to make me cry," I teased. We laughed and dabbed at our eyes. We hugged each other tightly. "I love you so much ma. Thank you."

Before she could leave I pulled out my phone. "Can we take a pre-wedding picture together?"

"Of course," she smiled. We stood beside each other and grinned. I held up my phone taking several pictures of us; some of us being wild and others being more civil.

"Knock. Knock," Janelle said as she slowly opened the door. "I don't want to interrupt, but it's almost time," she said entering the room fully. My mom gave me a kiss on the cheek and one final hug. "Congrats lil mama. I love you," she said turning to walk away. "Thanks ma," I grinned. "Love you too!"

I faced the mirror and looked myself over one last time when Mya and Keyona walked in.

"Hey y'all," I said turning around to face them.

"We have something for you," Keyona squealed. "Show her. Show her," Mya encouraged. Keyona pulled out a tiara from her pageant days back in college. She had won so many pageants which means her crown collection was stacking up, but this tiara, though small, was her favorite and one of her most prized possessions.

I covered my mouth. "Key are you sure?"

"Yes," she said as she walked around me and put it on my head. "Thank you." I couldn't stop grinning. "You're welcome," she smiled. "You look beautiful." Mya nodded her head in gleeful agreement.

Janelle walked in front of me and held a small box in her hand. "What is this," I smiled. "It's your something new," she grinned as she handed the box to me. I opened up the box and revealed a beautiful Tiffany's bracelet.

"Aw J! You got me my first Tiffany's bracelet!"

"I planned to give it to you like a year from now," she laughed, "but since your wedding moved up I had to rush home and get it." I smiled and gave her a hug. "It's so beautiful. Thank you J."

"Oh y'all we gotta go," Keyona said heading for the door. "It's almost time." Janelle clasped my bracelet on my wrist first, then we rushed out the door. By the time we got to the hallway they were calling for us. "Oh Janelle," I said stopping her. "The envelope." She smiled and held it up in front of me. "Got it."

I smiled at her and headed inside the courtroom. Everyone else followed. Me and Kevin took each others hand and walked up to the judge. He asked us who our witnesses were and we pointed to Janelle and Adrian. Once that was established the ceremony began.
..
Although it was shorter than what we would have planned for an actual wedding, the love we had for each other filled the room all the same.

As we headed out grinning from ear to ear, the strangers that passed us by congratulated us. "So how do you feel Mrs. Davis," Kevin asked picking me up. I grinned and threw my head back. "Like a new woman!" Everyone laughed.

"Let's take pictures guys," Mya suggested. Every body huddled together for a group selfie. "Everybody say "the Davis'" on three! Three!"

Everyone burst out laughing.

"Mya what the hell was that," Keyona chuckled.

"We weren't ready," Janelle exclaimed.

"Okay. Okay. Let's try it again," she grinned. "One. Two. Three."

"THE DAVIS'!!!"

"Okay. Now let's get one of just the bride and groom," Mya said pushing us together. They all cheered us on as we posed.

"Wait. I want to get one with my mom," I said after Kevin and I took our photo. I looked around. "Where is she?"

Dominic stepped forward. "She had to head out, but she wanted me to give you this," he said handing me a small gift bag. "She wants you to open it later."

I took it from him graciously. "Aw. When did she have time to buy me a gift? Everything was totally last minute."

Dominick shrugged. "I honestly have no idea."

"Well, I'll have to call her later and thank her," I said as I handed the bag to Janelle. I grabbed Dominick's arm. "You have to take a picture with me now," I grinned. "I'd be honored to," he smiled. "Great. Dad you too," I called over to him. "And then we can take one separately."

Once we were done taking pictures and everyone finished photobombing our photos, it was time to head out.

"Thank you all for coming," I said blowing them kisses. "We appreciate y'all so much." I pointed to them. "And stay tuned for the reception," I winked, "because it's happening. I love y'all!"

"We love you too," they yelled back. Kevin picked me up and whisked me away to the car. I shrieked. "Keeeviiin!" Everyone hooped and hollered and cheered us on as we left.
..
When we got home there were still some things left out from the small gathering we would have had. Instinctively, I started to head towards the kitchen to straighten up. Kevin grabbed my hand.

"Woah. Woah. Woah. What's the rush Mrs. Davis," he asked pulling me back to him. I placed my arms around his neck and grinned. "You know we can't have sex, right?" I said with a raised brow.

"I know, but there are other things," he smiled. He rubbed my lower back. "There are back rubs, and forehead kisses, and cuddling, and Netflix," he grinned. "Intimacy is just as good as sex, if not better," he said pecking my lips. "What do you say?"

I placed my arms around his neck and kissed him back. "You had me at other things," I grinned. Kevin burst out laughing. I looked at him and laughed too. "But seriously," I said stroking the nape of his neck, "Can we just do nothing right now?"

"Of course. I'm down for whatever if it means I get to do it with you," he smiled.

We laid on the sofa and ended up falling asleep shortly after. When I woke up several hours later, it was dark out. I checked the time on my phone.

I gently shook Kevin awake. "Babe," I whispered, "Baby." Kevin exhaled lightly. "Kevin," I said kissing him from one cheek to the other. I kissed his lips softly. "Kevin." He started to stir. I playfully ran my hand down the front of his pants and kissed his lips again. He sat up a little and looked at me. I jumped back. "What are you doing," he said rubbing his hand down his face. I gave him a playful smile. "I was just trying to get you up." He looked down. "By the looks of it I am up." I chuckled. "Let's go to bed. It's after twelve." I stood up from the sofa and headed in the direction of the bedroom. Kevin snuck up behind me and slid his hands around my waist.

"You weren't leaving without me were you," he teased.

"You were taking too long," I grinned.

Me and Kevin entered into the room and started to undress for bed. I threw on one of his t-shirts and headed to the bathroom to unwind. I wiped my makeup off, cleaned my face, and brushed my teeth. Kevin came in shortly after me to do the same. I walked up behind him as he brushed his teeth and wrapped my arms around his waist. I stood on my toes and rested my chin on his shoulder.

"What," he said after noticing me staring at him through the mirror.

I grinned shyly and shrugged. "Nothing. I was just thinking that I owe you a big thank you."

"For what," he said as he bent down to rinse his mouth and wipe it clean. I was silent for a moment and waited for him to turn around. I leaned against the wall.

"What's on your mind baby," he said facing me. He nodded his head in my direction and swiped my chin. "What did I do," he grinned.

"Everything." I smiled. "I don't even know where to start. You just do so much for me and I need you to know that my heart runneth over because of you." Kevin moved in closer to me and placed one hand on my hip. "Thank you for being so patient with me these past few months, especially with my crazy mama drama," I continued. We laughed. I slid my hands around his waist. "You're a man that shows up and I'm just really grateful for you." I stood on my toes and gave him a few pecks on the lips. "You are an absolute dream, baby," I kissed him again, "and I am so in love with you."

Kevin grinned uncontrollably. "Aw baby you got me feeling all mushy and shit," he laughed. "I love you too. Now let's go make another baby," he teased as he playfully pulled my arm. I stopped him and placed my hand on his chest. I raised my brow at him. "Too soon," he questioned as he looked down at me.

"What do you think?"

"Too soon," he replied back.

I exited the bathroom. "I don't even think I want anymore kids, not that I can get pregnant right now anyway," I said rather indifferently.

"You don't want to try again at some point," Kevin asked behind me. I stopped at the bedroom door and turned around. Kevin walked up to me.

"No," I said without thought or hesitation. "I don't." I walked into the bedroom and got into the bed. "I am so sleepy," I yawned.

"Sooo. That's it? We're not even gonna talk about it," he asked getting into bed beside me.

"Yeah we can," I said nodding my head, "tomorrow." I turned over on my side. "Goodnight baby. I love you."

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

4K 57 34
disclaimer: this was my story story i wrote and it's very bad lol. "Please forgive me." "You've had your chance and you blew it."
483 12 15
This story is my first one on here, so bare with me ok?
38.6K 3K 40
A story of Jeongguk & Taehyung who are leading a MEANINGLESS life without each other's company. Will they really be able to make it? Or they AGAIN ha...
6.9K 405 22
This is my first BL story. I don't know how it will be. But I will try my best. Hope you all like it.