Better Together: A Laurinah A...

Por VioletandTate01

Lauren and Dinah had come to the mutual decision that now was the perfect time for them to adopt a child into... Mais

Chapter 2: Torment
Please read and understand
Right Side Up
Chapter 3: Panic Room
Chapter 4: Home Sweet Home

Chapter 1: Violet

1.1K 49 10
Por VioletandTate01

Chapter 1: Violet

"Yes ma'am... mhm... of course... Alright, see you at 6... Bye Bye," Lauren said respectfully as she hung up the phone. 

The joyous brunette bounced excitedly as she turned around towards her wife, Dinah, who spun her in her arms around the kitchen. Dinah giggled, "Are you excited?" 

Lauren nodded into her blouse, "Very! I can't believe it's really happening. We're adopting a little girl," Lauren stated as if she was trying to convince herself this was reality. 

Dinah laughed playfully at her antics, "We're adopting a little girl," she smiled. "Okay, okay. Babe, let's go! Let's go! We're gonna be late," Lauren rushed her taller counterpart out the door as they grabbed their bags for the drive. 

Dinah tossed the bags into the trunk and made sure the car seat was secure before joining Lauren upfront.

Lauren sighed impatiently, nearly jumping out of her seat. Dinah turned on her spotify mix as Lauren started the drive to the adoption center they had visited many times before.

*Time skip 6:30pm*

"She's asleep right now and it may be best to try and not wake her. Her stuff is packed, aside from her security blanket, and by her door. Feel free to leave as you please. It truly was a pleasure working with you and I could not have hoped for a better family for Violet. She needs a loving couple like you to help her and love her," Miss Johnson said with a friendly smile. 

"Thank you so much." 

"Yes, thank you," The couple responded kindly, exchanging a last, firm handshake with the young woman before heading up to Violet's room. Dinah and Lauren cooed in harmony when they saw Violet asleep, holding her blanket close to her.

With caution not to wake the small girl, Lauren picked her up, carrying her close to her while Dinah carried Violet's bags. 

"Got it, babe?" Lauren questioned. 

Dinah nodded in affirmation, "Yup, are you ready?" 

"Very," Lauren smiled as they walked out of the center and to the car. 

"It's so chilly out for a summer night," Dinah observed, rubbing her hands on her arms to counteract the cool temperature of the breeze blowing on the three of them. 

"It really is... kinda odd. At Least it'll be warm in the car," Lauren told Dinah, who nodded, putting Violet's belongings in the trunk. Lauren finished buckling Violet into the carseat before tucking her blanket around her. Luckily, Violet remained asleep throughout the ordeal. 

"She's perfect," Lauren said softly to herself as they began the long drive home.

*Time skip*

Lauren had just finished carrying everything inside and Dinah was in the process of unbuckling Violet when she started to rub her eyes. 

"Well hello, sweetheart. Did you sleep okay?" Violet gave a timid smile and stretched, reaching for Dinah. Dinah cooed, finishing unbuckling Violet and picking her up, closing the car door with her foot. Violet brought her blankie up to her face and rested her head on Dinah's shoulder. 

"Hey, sleepyhead. You had a good nap on the way home, are you still sleepy?" Lauren asked Violet as Dinah carried her inside and closed the door behind them. Violet shook her head. If she was still sleepy, she was denying it. 

"Hmm, have you had dinner yet?" Lauren questioned. Violet shook her head. 

"You hungry then?" Asked Dinah. 

Violet smiled, "Uh huh." Lauren and Dinah exchanged smiles and Dinah set Violet down on the kitchen counter, the small girl contently swinging her feet back and forth. 

"What do you want for dinner?" Violet tilted her head, processed the question, then shrugged. She wasn't used to having so many options. 

"Do you like... chicken and rice?" Lauren asked as she looked between the fridge and the pantry. Violet nodded quickly, causing the couple to giggle a little. Violet copied them and giggled. 

The two had to contain their urge to coo at Violet, reminding themselves that she was in fact 10 years old and not a baby, despite her stature and mannerisms. It was better to treat her more at her behavioral and educational level she was at currently though, which was at about a 3-4 year old level. They had learned that through their many visitations with Violet during the adoption process. 

"How about we go watch some tv while she's cooking, yeah?" Dinah suggested to Violet. 

"Yes!" Violet beamed, going to jump off of the counter. Lauren and Dinah both reached out to catch her, Dinah ending up with her in her arms. 

"Woah! Be careful, okay? We don't want you to get hurt," Lauren explained to Violet, who nodded with a bashful smile before tugging Dinah towards the living room. Lauren and Dinah exchanged a small giggle before Lauren began food preparations and then cooking.

*Time Skip*

"Come on, love, just two more bites, please?" Dinah pleaded to Violet, who was in a slightly agitated state due to her tiredness. Violet rubbed her eyes and allowed Lauren to feed her the last two bites. 

"Good job, darling," Dinah smiled. 

"Now, let's go give you a bath and then you can get some sleep. It's been a long day, hasn't it?" Lauren suggested. Violet nodded and reached for Lauren to pick her up. 

"I'll stay and clean up," Dinah offered to Lauren, giving her a gentle kiss on the cheek. 

"Alright, babe. I love you," Lauren smiled. 

"I love you too." Lauren picked Violet up and carried her upstairs to her room since Violet's room wasn't done. Pulling a pair of pajamas out of the suitcase, Lauren noticed the bottles and diapers, taking out one of each.

Lauren made quick work of giving sleepy little Violet a bath and getting her all ready for bed. She was nearly asleep by the time Lauren finished, but she reached for her bottle out of habit instead. 

"It's empty, how about we get you something," Lauren soothed Violet, who seemed a little bit upset that the bottle was empty. Carrying Violet downstairs on her hip, Lauren passed Dinah who had knocked out on the couch and giggled before continuing to the kitchen. 

Lauren filled up the bottle with almond milk and wamed it, carefully screwing the lid back on. Lauren waited until they were upstairs, sitting on her bed to give Violet the bottle. Lauren played with Violet's hair gently as the small girl suckled on the bottle, quickly putting herself to sleep. 

Lauren smiled down at Violet before tucking her in, making sure there were pillows on both sides of her before going downstairs to tell Dinah to come up to bed. 

"Dinaaaaah," Lauren whispered, shaking her wife gently. Dinah sat up, resting her head on Lauren's shoulder. 

"Come on, you don't wanna sleep down here," Lauren smiled, pecking Dinah on the lips, resulting in her smiling as well. 

"Is she asleep?" Dinah asked. 

"Out like a light," Lauren giggled. 

"Okay, okay. Let's get some sleep," Dinah agreed as the two head upstairs, carefully situating themselves in the bed in order to keep Violet asleep. 

"I love you, baby," Dinah whispered to Lauren as she began to doze off again. 

"I love you too, D."

A/N

What do you all think of the new story? Suggestions for future chapters? 

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

1M 33.6K 60
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
115K 5.7K 54
(y/n) (l/n) a girl who was born in the modern world who somewhat ends up in the taisho era of demon slayer. Her sassiness and eccentric attitude capt...
115K 2.7K 42
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
1M 18.3K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...