Escape The Night: Oli White x...

By Writer_Reader05

Book One Yn Ln gets invited to a dinner party which ends up being a search for ancient artifacts to rid a hou... More

The Ungodly Machine
Buried Alive
Mannequins
Freak Show
Did Someone Call For An Exorcist?
Mermaid Tails
All Out War
Wicked Hallucinations
Betrayal at the House
Book Two

An Invitation

18.2K 238 630
By Writer_Reader05

A/n: Italics are your characters interviews.

Yn's POV

It was a normal morning. I had just finished breakfast and was watching TV. Then a knock sounded at my door. When I opened it, I saw a woman who I didn't know. "Telegram for Ms. Ln" she said and handed me an envelope. And then she was gone. I shut the door behind me and took a seat on the couch. I opened the letter and read it aloud.

"To my esteemed friends,
I have acquired an illustrious estate through the death of a distant relative who I've never met. I thought it only fitting that I invite you all to attend a dinner party on its grounds. It will certainly be a night to remember.

However the estate is quite peculiar. It only exists in the year 1920. To enter its grounds, you must be dressed entirely with clothing of that era. If you are carrying anything from the modern world, the house will simply never appear for you.

And not only your clothing, but your attitude must reflect the time. I have included your unique characteristics on the back of this invitation. My driver will pick you up and take you on a road that can only be driven by his mysterious time traveling automobile. Then almost like magic, the place will appear.

From your friend Joey Graceffa"

I flipped the letter around to reveal my characteristic. Two words appeared before me. The Investigator. I went to my bedroom and looked through my closet. I knew the perfect thing to wear.

I put on tight black slacks and a plain white button up. I also clipped on black suspenders. My boots were put on over my pants and were tall and black with laces down the front. I placed a long black coat over my shoulders before putting my hair in a tight bun at the back of my head. Finally, I bobby pinned a black detective hat onto my head and clipped a fake badge to the top of my pants. Just as I did, a car pulled into my driveway. I got into it and it drove me to this elegant estate.

My name is Yn and I am the Investigator.

(Intro so you know who everyone is)

"My name is Shane and they call me the renegade."

"I'm Eva, my character is the journalist."

"I'm Oli White and I am the big game hunter."

"My name's Justine and I'm the gambler."

"My name is Andrea and I am a fixer."

"My name is Matt, I am the professor."

"I'm Sierra and I am an heiress."

"My name is Lele Pons and I am a hustler."

"My name is Timothy Delaghetto, I'm a mobster."

"I'm Glozelle, and I'm the Jazz Singer."

Many people were already inside looking amazing in their outfits. I recognized some of them, but not all. "Yn" Lele said as she spotted me. "It's been forever." I looked at her outfit. "Let me guess" I say. "You're a hustler." She gasped. "How did you know?" "Investigator Ln at your service" I say and bow.

Everyone quieted down as Joey descended the stairs. "What do you guys think" he asked. Everyone cheered. "Welcome to my new house. You all look amazing tonight in your 1920s attire. I want to introduce you all to my wonderful staff that actually came with the house. Arthur, who is head of staff. Sarah, the maid and then there's Marvin, who's the groundskeeper. Dinner is almost ready, but until then, let's get to know each other a little bit more and have some drinks." Everyone applauded and split up to socialize.

I ended up talking to a boy named Oli White. "You're a Big Game Hunter right" I ask. "Did you just come from Africa?" He nodded. "But how did you know?" "I'm an investigator. I deduce based off of what I see. You've got on a fur coat that looks like emu hair, or maybe some sort of cat. And you've got a bit of a tan. That means you've been somewhere hot. And the place with both of the animals I guessed is Africa. You've got a British accent and I know for a fact that Brits don't just go down to Africa for fun so because of the coat I'm assuming your a Hunter." "That's amazing" he said.

"Dinner is served, so head on into the dining room" Joey said. There were name tags in front of all of the plates. I was in between Oli and Joey. The food looked amazing. Just as we were about to eat, Sierra spoke up. "Where are Eva and Shane?" We discussed that they both couldn't be in the bathroom for that long. And then they walked into the room.

"Welcome back" Justine said. "Where were you guys?" "I was in the bathroom" Eva responded. She was totally lying. I could sense it. And Shane wasn't saying a word. The butler walked over to Shane and handed him a letter. He opened it and read it to himself. His smile faltered. Then he started coughing up blood.

Everyone was shouting and screaming. Shane was spitting up blood. I have no clue what's happening right now.

"He said he was poisoned" Joey said. "I'm reading that telegram." Joey picked up the telegram and began to read it. "In 15 minutes, you'll be dead. Your lungs will be filled with blood, however, you know I love games. There is an antidote hidden on the first floor of this house. If your friends are wise enough, they'll be able to solve the clues and save you. The symbols of your cult mark the clues leading to the antidote. It all begins with your last dish of the night. May you die in a horrible pain, my cursed enemy."

Suddenly, the maid comes over with this huge plate with a cover over it. We don't know what's inside. I mean, that can be anything.

"That's the last dish of the night" Eva said. She walked over to the dish and lifted off the cover. There was more screaming. On the plate was a head. "Wait, there's something in his mouth" Oli said and walked over to the head. I cringed when Oli placed his fingers into the dead man's mouth. He pulled out a piece of paper. "Something is not okay with this room. I like it in a perfect order but certain things wander around the table instead of finding their perfect fit. Can you figure it out" Oli read aloud. He showed us the symbol at the bottom of the letter. "We've got to look for this."

I started looking around the room for a clue, and I see the rest of the girls just standing around eating food. Shane is dying right now and all they care about is eating.

Matt found this glass holder that had the symbol on it. Then everyone started looking for the glasses. I found one in a cabinet and placed it on the holder. The other wine glass was found and suddenly a little chest on to the side of us opened by itself. That was not natural at all.

I see Tim bend down to get a look at that note on the chest. "There are three keys to unlock life" he read aloud. "In the first floor study, one key is as high as the mountain top. In the library is the second key which lies hidden beneath the nine circles of hell described by letters and words. In the foyer, the third key can easily be found, but no one person can retrieve it without the helping hand of a friend."

Everyone splits up and we head to the different locations. I'm heading to the library with Tim, Andrea, Justine, and Sierra. So, our riddle is basically a math problem. We have to multiply three numbers to get 36 and add the three numbers to get 13. Andrea is attempting to help Tim and I but Justine and Sierra are just goofing around and laughing.

Arthur shouts out that we have three minutes left and that's when I knew we weren't going to make it in time. Three minutes later, Shane was dead. We all gathered in the dining room. Only one group was able to get a key. Then there's arguing about who could have killed him. Names are thrown around and everything is crazy. As everyone is arguing, I start searching Shane's body for clues since I'm the Investigator. I came across a letter and motioned for everyone to quiet down so I could read it.

"If you're reading this, then I have failed my mission. My killer is not who you might think it is. It's the house itself. It is possessed of an ancient evil that has locked it in time. I came here tonight with the intention of destroying it. I am a member of a secret organization known as the Society Against Evil. We've been battling this wicked force for centuries.

There are four artifacts which the evil has hidden behind a series of puzzles and clues. If they can be gathered and a binding ritual is performed, the evil will be locked away. However, to complete the final task to retrieve each artifact, the group must vote on two people who must undertake a dark challenge. Tragically, one of them will die. But to help you along the way, the Society Against Evil has marked the clues with their symbol. You have until sunrise to recover the artifacts before you are trapped here forever. What lies ahead of you will not be easy, but I'm afraid you have no other choice if you want to get back to 2016."

Now I'm thinking that I definitely shouldn't have come here. I do not want to deal with evil spirits and stuff. I'm afraid of that nonsense.

"I think we should all leave" Joey said. "I have a car that can take us back to 2016. Let's go." Joey lead us outside and I see a car parked in the driveway. And suddenly there's a big boom that shakes the ground. The car less than 100 feet away from us explodes. I jump back and accidentally collide with Oli. "Get back inside" Joey said. "Now." So many thoughts are running through my head right now. One sticks out the most though. We all have blood on our hands.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 27 24
It is all in the name!!!
69.7K 1.1K 10
When Yn gets another invitation from Joey, who she had not heard from since they escaped the night, to save the town of Everlock, she thinks it's jus...
11.4K 540 65
{BOOK 1 OF THE DELAMONT DUOLOGY} When Joey Graceffa said he wanted a killer birthday party, he hadn't meant it literally. But when an old lady promis...
5.2M 193K 101
Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she decides to seek help from her Billionai...