Slayers and Guardians Book Tw...

Autorstwa heartofice97

Zoey Francis learned last book that she and her mother Layla come from a long line of gypsies, as Jenny Calen... Więcej

characters
chapter 1 - When They Were Bad
chapter 2 - Some Assembly Required
chapter 3 - School Hard
chapter 4 - Inca Mummy Girl
chapter 5 - Reptile Boy
chapter 6 - Halloween
chapter 7 - Lie to Me
chapter 8 - The Dark Age
chapter 9 - What's My Line, Part 1
chapter 10 - What's My Line, Part 2
chapter 11 - Ted
chapter 12 - Bad Eggs
chapter 13 - Surprise
chapter 14 - Innocence
chapter 15 - Phases
chapter 16 - Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered
chapter 17 - Passion
chapter 18 - Killed By Death
chapter 19 - I Only Have Eyes For You
chapter 20 - Go Fish
chapter 21 - Becoming, Part 1

chapter 22 - Becoming, Part 2

327 18 13
Autorstwa heartofice97

Into every generation, there are Chosen Ones. A Slayer will stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness. With each Slayer comes a Guardian. They are protectors of the innocent.

Same Night - Same Scene

Day One

Night - Sunnydale High School - Library

Buffy, Brooke, Brady, Alice, Carmen and Wyatt ran into the library, looking around the damage, seeing Kendra and Sofia lying dead on the floor, seeing Zoey, Layla, Eric, Willow and Xander unconscious on the floor, all running to check on them. Alice remained standing, looking around worriedly for her father, but couldn't find Giles.

Police officers walked in, aiming guns at them. "Freeze!"

Buffy, Brooke, Alice, Carmen, Brady and Wyatt looked at the officers, seemingly caught red-handed.

"Put your hands up," Officer 1 told them. "Back away from everyone slowly."

They did as told.

"Look, we didn't do anything," Brooke told them.

"Do it, now!" Officer 2 told them.

Officer 3 holstered his gun, crouching down to feel for Kendra and Sofia's pulses but couldn't find them. "These two are dead."

"What about the others?" Officer 4 asked.

Buffy looked toward where Eric was unconscious, walking closer worriedly. "Eric..."

The officers held them back.

"Get them out of here," Officer 1 told them.

"Wait," Alice told them. "Just see if they're okay. Please."

Knowing they didn't have much of a choice at the moment, Buffy, Brooke, Alice, Carmen, Brady and Wyatt let themselves be led out by the officers.

Hallway

The officers led them out.

"Please," Carmen told them. "You don't understand."

"You'd do well to keep your mouths shut," Officer 1 told them.

Snyder walked down the hall with two more officers.

"But we didn't do anything," Brady insisted.

"Why do I find that so very hard to believe?" Snyder asked.

Officer 2 nodded to the other officers. "In there. You know these guys?"

Snyder nodded. "Buffy, Brooke and Brady Summers. Alice Giles. Carmen Chase. Wyatt Pratt. If there's trouble, they and Zoey Francis are behind it."

"You stupid little troll," Wyatt told him angrily. "You have no idea."

Snyder ignored him. "Attitude problems. Serious."

"Look, we just wanna know if our friends are okay," Buffy told them.

"All right, that's enough," Officer 1 told them.

The officers started to handcuff them.

"Carmen," Brooke told her.

Carmen got the hint, using her power to freeze the officers and Snyder before they could be arrested. They all started to run. The others unfroze when Carmen was far away from them. The officers aimed their guns.

"Stop!" Officer 2 told them. "Get down!" They didn't listen, running down an adjacent hall as the officers took shots at them, making them shatter windows of hall doors, but didn't hit them. Most of the officers ran after them. Officer 2 stayed behind, grabbing the radio mic at her shoulder, putting out an ABP on them. "All units, we have fugitives on foot at the high school. Homicide suspects. Buffy, Brooke and Brady Summers, Alice Giles, Carmen Chase and Wyatt Pratt. Suspects are very dangerous."

∞ Slayers and Guardians ∞

Sunnydale General Hospital - Emergency Room

Wyatt, Brooke, Buffy, Brady, Alice and Carmen arrived, wearing long hats and/or sunglasses to hide their identities, finding a slot with a few patient histories on the wall, checking the names on them. There were none they were interested in, so they continued down the hall, avoiding the eyes of passing doctors and nurses, checking another series of slots for names on paperwork, but found nothing. Further down the hall, they turned down the left passageway. Behind them, Xander and Eric walked up to them, getting their attentions.

Wyatt sighed in relief. "Xander. Eric. Hey."

Buffy embraced Eric in relief as they held each other for a long moment. "Eric."

The others hugged them as well.

"Yeah, we heard them chase you out," Xander explained. "We were just coming out of it."

Eric held up his arm in a cast. "Souvenir."

"Well, what about the others?" Alice asked.

"Are they okay?" Wyatt asked.

Seeing two officers walk in, Xander and Eric pulled their friends into a tight hug to hide their faces, who went along with it, but were confused until they saw the officers, realizing and hiding their faces. After the officers were gone, they pulled away.

"Okay," Carmen told them. Xander and Eric looked down sadly, very worriedly. "What is it?"

Joined Room

In the joined room for three, Zoey, Layla and Willow were laying unconscious in beds. Zoey and Layla had bandages on their heads and bruised eyes. Willow seemed mostly unhurt. The others walked in.

"The doctor said Willow should wake up any minute," Eric explained. "But for Zoey and Layla?"

"They don't know if Zoey and Layla'll wake up," Xander finished. "They said it was head trauma."

"They can wake up at any time," Eric told them. "But, um, the longer it lasts, the less likely it is."

"We never should've let Zoey and Layla try to do that curse," Alice told them. "Angel and Bianca must've known."

"Eric?" Carmen asked. "Where're your parents?"

"With relatives in Phoenix," Eric answered.

"Eric gave them a call," Xander explained. "They're--they're getting on a plane back."

"Does Zoey's dad know?" Alice asked.

"I tried calling Todd," Carmen explained. "He's across the world doing a gig for his band."

"Does Oz know?" Eric asked.

Wyatt sighed. "Oh, man. Um, I didn't even think about him. Um, we can call him."

They heard footsteps behind them, turning quickly to see who it was, seeing Cordelia walk in.

Carmen sighed in relief, walking over to Cordelia quickly so the two sisters could embrace in relief. "Cordelia."

"Carmen," Cordelia told her. They pulled away so Xander and Cordelia could kiss and hold each other close. Cordelia sighed. "How are they?" They pulled away, looking at Zoey, Layla and Willow. "The doctor told me that..."

"Yeah," Alice agreed. "We're, uh, still waiting."

"You okay?" Brady asked.

Cordelia shook her head. "I ran. I think I made it through three counties before I realized nobody was chasing me. Not too brave."

"It was the right thing to do," Eric told her. "Did Giles keep up with you?"

Cordelia shook her head. "I didn't see Giles."

"You mean he's not in the hospital?" Alice asked.

"No," Eric answered. Alice was overwhelmed with shock and worry. The others looked at her worriedly. Willow started to wake up. Eric looked at his sister in relief, walking closer. "Will? Willow. Hey."

Willow opened her eyes. "Eric... Eric?"

"Yeah, we're all here," Alice answered. "Most of us, anyway."

"Will, we're gonna have to go out there, okay?" Eric asked. "But we'll be back soon."

"I promise," Carmen told her. "You just get some sleep."

Willow nodded. Willow and Eric embraced, sighing.

Angel's Mansion - Living Room

Giles was lying on the floor. Bianca laid on the floor facing him, waiting for him to regain consciousness. Giles stirred a bit, lifting his head.

Bianca smiled. "Hi, Rupert. I wasn't sure you were gonna wake up. You had me worried."

Giles slowly stood. "What do you want?"

Angelus walked closer. "I wanna torture you. I used to love it, and it's been a long time. I mean, the last time I tortured somebody, they didn't even have chainsaws."

Bianca twirled up to a sitting position, spinning in the other direction up to a standing position, waving her arms which drafted with powerful red Guardian energy, strolling past Giles over to Acathla. Giles turned to watch her, seeing the stone demon with the sword protruding from his chest.

Bianca smirked. "Oh, yeah. Acathla. He's an even harder guy to wake up than you are, Giles. I mean, Angel performed the rituals. Said all the right phrases, blood on his hand. Got nothing. Big doughnut hole for our troubles. Starting to lose hope."

"We figure you know the ritual," Angelus told him. "You're pretty up on these things. You could probably tell me what I'm doing wrong." He walked closer. "But honestly, I sorta hope you don't, 'cause I really wanna torture you."

Angelus stopped in front of him, staring evilly.

Summers House - Living Room

A police officer walked down the stairs to where Detective Stein was questioning Joyce, going to stand next to him.

"No, i-i-it's impossible," Joyce told them. "There's--there's been some terrible mistake."

"And you have no idea where your children or friends are?" Stein asked.

Joyce shook her head. "Buffy, Brooke and Brady said they were going to their friend Zoey's house."

"Is that Zoey Francis?" Stein asked.

"Yes," Joyce answered.

"Zoey and her mother Layla Francis are two of the victims," Stein explained.

Joyce was confused and horrified. "What?"

"Your children have a history of violence, don't they, Ms. Summers?" Stein asked, nodding for the officer to leave the house, and he did.

"Well..." Joyce trailed off.

Stein smirked smugly. "You call us." He pulled out his wallet and a card. "Okay, if they or Alice Giles, Carmen Chase or Wyatt Pratt decide to stop by. Be best if they just come in."

Stein exited the house, leaving Joyce very worried and confused.

Giles Apartment

Eric, Buffy, Brooke, Alice, Carmen, Brady and Wyatt arrived.

"Dad?" Alice called worriedly.

Brady called out. "Giles!"

"He's not here," Wyatt told them.

"Angel and Bianca need Giles to figure out how to bring forth Acathla," Buffy told them.

"Now, what are we gonna do?" Carmen asked.

"Well, what are you prepared to do?" Brooke replied. "Brady, Carmen, are you prepared to kill Angel and Bianca to save Giles, and avenge Zoey, Layla, Eric, Xander, Willow, Sofia and Kendra?"

They all looked at Brady and Carmen, knowing the significance of all of this to them.

"Whatever we have to," Brady answered.

"Maybe we should ask, what are you prepared to give up?" Wyatt asked.

"Look, whatever we do, we're all right there with you," Eric told them.

"Yeah," Buffy agreed.

Brooke sighed. "We're all here together."

Park

They all walked through the park with their heads down. A car drove by. They stepped into the street, watching the car go., turning back, seeing a police car coming for them.

The police car pulled over to them, getting out, aiming his gun. "Hold right there!" They turned to face him. "Put your hands on your heads! Do it!"

Spike suddenly appeared, kicking the gun out of the officer's hands, kicking him in the face and shin, grabbing him and throwing him onto the hood of his car, where he lied unconscious, turning to face the others, smiling. "Hello, guys."

∞∞

Spike took a step closer. Wyatt punched Spike in the face twice. Spike grabbed his shoulders to try to restrain him, but Wyatt kneed him in the gut to make him let go.

Spike sighed, having the exasperated older brother voice when he spoke. "Wyatt, hold on a second." Buffy and Brady pulled out their stakes. Eric aimed a crossbow, balancing it on his cast. Brooke, Alice, Carmen and Wyatt prepared powers if need be. Spike jumped back, holding up his hands in surrender. "Hey! White flag here. I quit."

"Let me clear this up for you, Spike," Wyatt told him. "We're mortal enemies. We don't get time outs."

"You want to go around, little brother, I'll have a gay old time of it," Spike replied. "You want to stop Angel and Bianca, we're gonna have to play this a big differently."

"What are you talking about?" Buffy asked.

Spike looked at Carmen and Brady. "I'm talking about your exes. I'm talking about stopping Bianca from being so insane and putting Angel in the bloody ground."

Brooke chuckled without humor. "This has gotta be the lamest trick you guys have ever thought up."

Spike sighed. "They've got Alice's father. Right now, Angel's probably torturing him."

Alice was worried about Giles but didn't want to trust Spike, although willing to do whatever it took to get her father back. "What do you want?"

"I told you, I want to stop Angel and Bianca," Spike answered, snickering. "I want to save the world."

"Okay, you do remember that you're a vampire, right?" Carmen asked.

Spike indicated himself. "We like to talk big, vampires do. 'I'm going to destroy the world'. That's just tough guy talk." He walked over to the car. "Strutting around with your friends over a pint of blood." He sat on the hood. "The truth is, I like this world." He pulled a cigarette pack from the officer's shirt pocket. "You've got dog racing, Manchester United, and you've got people." He pulled a cigarette out, dropping the pack on the officer. "Billions of people walking around like Happy Meals with legs. It's all right here." He lit the cigarette, taking a drag. "But then someone comes along with a vision, with a real passion for destruction. Angel could pull it off. Bianca's insane enough to go along with it. Goodbye, Picadilly. Farewell, Leicester Bloody Square. You know what I'm saying?"

"Okay, fine, you're not down with Angel and Bianca," Eric told him.

"Why would you ever come to us?" Brady asked.

"I didn't come for all of you," Spike answered. "I came to my brother Wyatt."

Wyatt scoffed, looking somewhat amused but mostly exasperated and incredulous by that. "After everything you did to me and the only two girls I've loved and my friends in the past and now, why would you think I would do anything for you, Spike?"

"Because I'll get out of your town if you help me, Wyatt," Spike answered. "I want Dru back. I want it like it was before before Angel came back. The way she acts around him..."

"You're pathetic," Buffy told him.

Spike punched Buffy in the face, but Buffy punched him right back.

Eric hit Spike over the head with his crossbow, and then with his cast, making him groan in pain.

"We lost two friends tonight," Brooke told him.

"I wasn't in on that raiding party," Spike replied.

"And we may lose more," Brady told him angrily.

"And I may lose my father," Alice added incredulously.

"The whole earth may be sucked into Hell, and you want our help 'cause your girlfriend's a big ho?" Carmen asked.

"Well, let us take this opportunity to not care," Eric told him.

"I can't fight Angel, Bianca, Dru and all of our vampires alone, and neither can you," Spike pointed out.

Brady punched him in the face. Spike straightened up, feeling his jaw, checking for blood.

"We hate you," Buffy told him.

"And I'm all you've got," Spike replied.

The officer began to stir on the hood of the car.

Brooke looked at Spike impatiently, pushing him. "All right, talk."

Spike turned to the officer. "I'm just gonna kill this guy." Wyatt used magic to stop Spike from getting any closer to the officer, clearing his throat loudly. Spike sighed, turning to face his brother, giving him a look for ruining his fun. "Oh, right."

Wyatt gave him a sarcastic, annoyed look. "Let's get inside."

Sunnydale General Hospital - Joined Room

Willow was resting, sleeping to regain her strength. Zoey and Layla still hadn't woke up. Xander was sitting his chair, watching them.

Cordelia stood nearby. "Do you want some coffee?"

"I don't wanna leave," Xander told her. "They might, uh..."

"I'll get it," Cordelia assured.

Xander looked up at her. "Thanks." They held hands for a moment. Cordelia left to get some coffee. Xander looked at Zoey, Layla and Willow, deep in thought. "Zoey, Layla, come on, you don't have a choice here, you gotta wake up. I need you, Will. I mean, how am I gonna pass trig, you know, and who am I gonna call every night and talk about everything we did all day? You're my best friends. You've always..." He looked between Zoey and Willow, his love for Zoey being that of a best friend, and his love for Willow something more, struggling with his emotions. "I love you."

Willow woke up again. "Xander?" She turned over to look at Zoey and Layla, looking at them worriedly. "Zoey? Layla? Have they woken up yet?" Xander shook his head worriedly. Willow noticed something. "They're still wearing their necklaces. What if we took the necklaces off? Would they start to heal? Or wake up, at least? It could work. Right?"

Xander and Willow took the necklaces off of Zoey and Layla. For several moments, nothing happened, but after some time, their necklaces and hands started to glow like they usually did when removing their necklaces. Their power slowly started to heal them and wake them.

Zoey took a few deep breaths, her eyes still closed. "Mom?" She tried to speak louder. "Mom?"

Layla weakly opened her eyes, trying to wake up completely. "Zoey. Zoey?"

Zoey looked around tiredly. "Oz?"

Oz walked in. "I'm here."

"They're just starting to wake up," Willow explained.

Oz took Zoey's hand. "Hey, baby."

"Hi," Zoey said weakly.

"I'm gonna go get a doctor," Xander told them, leaving.

"How you feeling?" Oz asked.

"My head... feels big," Zoey answered. "Is it big?"

"No," Oz answered. "It's head size."

Oz leaned over and gently kissed Zoey on the forehead. He leaned back to look at Zoey and stroked her hair with his other hand.

Layla opened her eyes. "Uh... is everybody else okay? Where's Rupert? Alice? Buffy? Brooke? Brady? Carmen? Wyatt? Eric?"

Angel's Mansion - Living Room

Giles was tied to a chair, hands bound behind his back, bleeding from rope burns. The camera panned up his arms and over his shoulder to Bianca.

Bianca was sitting in a chair watching Giles as she cleaned Giles' glasses, breathing on the lenses, polishing them clean, inspecting them. "Rupert, buddy? I'm here to tell you. I'm impressed." She chuckled, dropping the cleaning cloth, standing, walking over to Giles. "Hey, uh." She put his glasses on. "How you holding up?"

Giles looked up weakly. "Never better."

Angelus walked closer, kneeling next to Giles. "Glad to hear it. Now, tell me when it hurts."

Bianca smirked, holding up her hands, which glowed with Guardian energy as she used it to torture Giles, making him scream in agony. "Tell me when it really hurts."

Summers House - Outside

Buffy, Brooke and Brady arrived home with Alice, Carmen, Eric, Wyatt and Spike. Wyatt was keeping an eye on Spike.

Joyce arrived in her car, seeing her kids, pulling over. "Buffy? Brooke? Brady? Where have you been?" She got out, running closer worriedly. "Are you okay? The police were here. I've been looking for you."

"Let's go inside and we can explain," Eric suggested.

Joyce gestured to Spike. "Who is this man? Who are you? Are you kids okay?"

"Mom, we're okay," Brady told her.

"Terrible things have happened," Joyce told them. "What were you doing?"

"What, your mum doesn't know?" Spike asked.

Buffy, Brooke and Brady glared at Spike.

Wyatt gave him an annoyed look. "Shut up, Spike."

"Know what?" Joyce asked.

Carmen thought fast. "That we're, uh, in a band. A rock band with Spike here."

"Spike here is my brother," Wyatt explained.

"Yeah," Spike agreed. "And getting Wyatt here to let me hang out with his friends is like pulling teeth. Little brother Wyatt always had to keep his thing separate from mine. Makes him feel special, it does."

Wyatt gave Spike a sarcastic, annoyed look, who smirked.

"You know what?" Carmen asked. "Why don't we go inside and we can talk about this?"

They started to walk toward the house.

"I'm--I'm not sure how I feel about this," Joyce told them.

A vampire rushed across the porch, pushing Buffy, Brooke and Brady aside, jumping down the steps at the others, ready to fight. Joyce screamed, backing away quickly. Spike punched the vampire repeatedly. Wyatt kicked the vampire back toward the others. Carmen magically threw the vampire toward Alice. Alice used her red Guardian power to rip the vampire apart into ashes within a second. Joyce just stared in shock.

"One of Angel and Bianca's boys," Spike told them.

"Yeah, probably watching us," Wyatt told him. "Or you."

"Yeah," Spike agreed. "He won't get a chance to tattle on us now."

Joyce was utterly confused. "What... is going on?"

Buffy, Brady and Brooke looked at their mother for a moment, exchanging a look with the others, realizing it was time, stepping closer to Joyce, hoping against hope for understanding.

"Mom, I'm a Vampire Slayer," Buffy told her. "Brooke is my Guardian. Brady is a hunter."

Joyce just blinked, raising her eyebrows, shaking her head in complete dismay.

∞∞

Sunnydale General Hospital - Joined Room

Zoey, Willow and Layla were all awake in their beds. Oz brought Zoey a bowl of Jell-O. Zoey took it with a small smile, setting it down on her lap, beginning to play with the spoon. Oz pulled up a chair, sitting down. They were talking to the others on the phone, who were in the kitchen of the Summers house.

"We're okay, guys, really," Zoey told them. "I mean, we don't feel good, but... We're awake, and we know our names and who's President and how many fingers. So they don't think our brains got mushed at all."

"Thank God," Alice told her. "So sorry we can't be there."

"I know," Zoey told them. "I'm sorry I don't get to help you guys fight all the vampires. And we're sorry we didn't get to cure Angel and Bianca."

"Don't be," Willow told them reassuringly. "That's why they attacked you and Layla, Zoey. To keep you out of the way. Not just because you two could restore their souls. But because you can help them eliminate everyone. Together, you guys are unstoppable."

Layla sighed worriedly. "I guess. Any luck finding Rupert?"

"Yep," Brady answered. "We got a lucky break."

"What?" Layla asked.

Wyatt sighed, looking into the living room where Spike and Joyce were sitting together awkwardly in silence. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Angel, Bianca and the others are holed up outside town," Brooke explained. "You remember that funky looking mansion you showed us that time?"

Xander nodded. "On Crawford Street. Sure, that makes sense."

"What's the drill?" Zoey asked.

"We're gonna hit it come daybreak," Alice answered.

"You'll need backup," Zoey told them.

"No, you stay there," Carmen told them. "We're covered."

Layla hesitated sadly, worriedly. "Do you, um... do you think Rupert is still alive?"

"We think so," Eric answered. "We just wish he was here to tell us what to do."

Summers House - Living Room

Joyce was waiting for the others to come, standing. "Are Zoey, Willow and Layla all right?"

"Yeah, they're fine," Wyatt answered. He looked at Spike. "All right, Spike, talk. What's the deal?"

"Simple," Spike told them. "You let me and Dru skip town, I'll help you kill Angel, you decide what to do with Bianca."

"Who's Angel?" Joyce asked. "What does Bianca have to do with any of this?"

Alice looked at Spike. "Forget about Drusilla. She doesn't walk."

"And we're starting to think Bianca doesn't either," Carmen agreed.

"I don't know what your issue is with Bianca now, but there's no deal without Dru," Spike told them.

"They killed Kendra and Sofia, and nearly killed Zoey and Layla," Eric told him.

Spike was surprised, impressed, proud. "I'm not surprised Dru bagged a Slayer since she's killed a Guardian before. But Bianca bagged a Guardian? They nearly snuffed out Gypsy Girls Zoey and Layla Francis? Quite a feat, since Zoey kicked Angel's ass and nearly killed him, and Layla put up a decent fight. Bianca and Dru didn't tell me about killing your friends or nearly killing Zoey and Layla. Hey, good for them." They gave him a look, causing him to lose his smile. "Though not from your perspective, I suppose. And lucky Zoey and Layla survived. I'd love to see them whale on Angel again. It was a hoot and a half."

"I can't believe we invited you into our house," Brady told him in contempt.

Joyce sighed in relief. "So you didn't kill those girls."

"Of course not," Brooke answered.

"Did they explode like that man out there?" Joyce asked.

"They were a Slayer and Guardian, Mom," Buffy told her.

"Like what you, Alice and Brooke are?" Joyce asked.

Buffy, Brooke and Alice gave her thin smiles, nodding.

"Look, this deal works for me one way," Spike told them. "Me and Dru for Angel and Bianca."

Joyce was still confused. "Kids, are you sure you are what you say you are?"

They ignored her.

"I'll take her out of the country," Spike told them. "You'll never hear from us again, I bloody well hope." He gave his brother a look. "Wyatt, come on."

Wyatt gave him a look. "Fine. Spike, get back to the mansion."

"Make sure my father is all right," Alice told him.

"I mean, have you tried not being?" Joyce asked.

They all looked at Joyce, exasperated, annoyed.

"Mom," Brady told her.

Eric looked at Spike. "Be ready to back us up when we make our move."

Spike nodded, walking toward the door.

"If my father dies, she dies," Alice warned.

Spike gave them all a final look, walking out of the house.

Alice looked at Buffy, Brooke and Brady, knowing they needed to have a talk with Joyce alone. "We'll give you some time."

"But hurry," Carmen told them.

"We'll be waiting," Eric told them.

The three siblings nodded. Eric, Carmen, Wyatt and Alice walked out.

Joyce looked at her kids. "It's because you didn't have a strong father figure, isn't it?"

"It's just fate, Mom," Brooke told her. "Accept it."

Joyce walked toward the kitchen. "We should call the police."

"No, we're not calling the police," Brady argued.

Joyce stopped, facing her kids, smiling. "Well, now that we know that you're innocent, it's--"

"What, you thought we were guilty?" Brady asked. "Jeez, feeling the love in this room."

"No, I didn't think that," Joyce told them. "It's just, now we have proof."

"We have our word, Mom," Buffy told her. "Not proof."

Joyce walked toward the kitchen. "Look, I am sure that they will understand."

Brooke followed. "If you get them involved, you'll get them killed."

Kitchen

They walked in.

"Well, you're not gonna hurt them, are you?" Joyce asked.

"I'm a Guardian," Brooke told her. "Like Alice. Buffy's a Slayer. Brady's a hunter. We're not postal workers." Joyce picked up the phone. Brooke put her hand onto the switch hook. "Cops can't fight demons." She took the phone from Joyce. "We have to do it."

Brooke put the phone back in its cradle.

"Do what?" Joyce asked in a demand. "Brooke, Brady, Buffy, what is happening?"

Brady didn't want to deal with this right now. "Just have another drink."

Joyce threw her glass aside in anger, breaking it on the floor. "Don't you talk to me that way! You don't get to just dump something like this on me and pretend it's nothing."

"I'm sorry, Mom, but we don't have time for this," Brady told her.

The three siblings tried to leave.

Joyce stopped them. "No! I am tired of 'We don't have time' or--or 'you wouldn't understand'. I am your mother, and you will make time to explain yourselves."

"We told you," Brady told her.

"Well, I just don't accept it," Joyce told them haughtily.

Brooke stepped closer. "Open your eyes, Mom. What do you think has been going on for the past two years? The fights?"

"The weird occurrences?" Brady added. "How many times have you washed blood out of our clothing? And you still haven't figured it out?"

Joyce raised her voice angrily. "Well, it stops now!"

Buffy raised her voice. "No, it doesn't stop. It never stops. Do you think we chose to be like this?"

"Do you have any idea how lonely it is?" Brady asked. "How dangerous?"

"I would love to be upstairs watching TV or gossiping about boys, or, God, even studying," Brooke told her. "But we have to save the world again."

"No, this is insane," Joyce told them. "You need help."

"We are not crazy," Buffy told her. "What we need is for you to chill."

"We have to go," Brooke told her.

Joyce shook her head. "No, I am not letting you out of this house."

"You can't stop us," Brady told her.

Joyce tried to grab them. "Oh, yes, I--" Buffy shoved her back into the island, making her knock over several things. The three siblings walked toward the door. "You walk out of this house, don't even think about coming back."

Buffy, Brooke and Brady just looked at her, leaving. Joyce sighed, turning around, leaning on the island with her head in her hands.

Sunnydale General Hospital - Joined Room

Zoey, Layla and Willow laid in their beds. Xander, Cordelia and Oz sat nearby.

Cordelia stood, pacing. "So Buffy, Brooke, Brady, Alice, Carmen and Wyatt are going for the big showdown. Eric's going so he can try to help since Zoey and Layla are out of commission. Wish we could help. You know, without dying."

"I don't see how," Oz told her.

"I wanna try again," Zoey told them.

"Try what?" Oz asked.

"The curse," Zoey answered. "We never got to finish it. Maybe we can restore Angel and Bianca's souls."

"I don't like it," Willow told her. "You're talking about messing with powerful magic." She looked between Zoey and Layla. "And you're weak."

"We're okay," Layla told them.

"You don't look okay," Xander told them. He looked at Cordelia. "Do they?"

Cordelia shook her head. "You should listen to them. The hair. It's so flat. And the lips..."

"Could we stay on topic here, honey?" Xander asked.

"What?" Cordelia asked.

"Look, I'm not sure if it's a good idea," Xander told them.

"There's no use arguing with me," Zoey told them. "Do you see my resolve face? You've seen it before. You know what it means."

"Zoey and I can help Rupert, Buffy, Brooke, Alice, Carmen, Brady, Eric and Wyatt," Layla told them. "If we can turn Angel and Bianca back soon enough? We can stop them from ever awakening Acathla. We can save Rupert and stop Spike and Drusilla too."

Oz stood. "Okay, I pretty much missed out on some stuff, didn't I? Because this is all making a kind of sense that's... not."

Layla looked at Oz. "Go with Willow and Cordelia to the library and get our things. They'll fill you in."

"Sure," Oz told them, kissing Zoey's hand. "I'll drive."

Oz walked out of the room with Cordelia and Willow close behind. Xander stood up.

"Xander, go to Buffy, Brooke, Brady, Alice, Eric, Wyatt and Carmen," Zoey told him. "Tell them what we're doing. Maybe they can stall Spike, Drusilla, Bianca and Angel, long enough for Willow, Oz and Cordelia to get back with the stuff we need to give them their souls. And we can save Giles too."

"But I--" Xander started.

Zoey pointed at herself. "Resolve face."

Xander gave in. "Zoey, Layla, you guys be careful."

"We will," Zoey told him.

Xander turned around, walking out of the room.

Angel's Mansion - Living Room

Giles was still tied to his chair, hanging his head weakly.

Angelus walked closer. "You know, I can stop the pain. You've been very brave, but it's over." He walked behind Giles, putting his hands on his shoulders. "You've given enough, now let me make it stop."

Giles was shaking with pain. "Please."

Angelus knelt to face him. "Just tell me what I need to know."

Giles looked up weakly. "In order to be worthy..."

Bianca watched in curiosity. "Yeah?"

Giles looked at Angel weakly. "You must perform the ritual in a tutu." Angelus glared at him. Bianca smirked in amusement. "Pillock."

Angelus stood. "All right, Bianca, get the chainsaw."

Spike wheeled himself in. "Now, now, don't let's lose our temper."

Bianca smirked, laughing lightly. "Oh, there's sit 'n spin. I was wondering when you would get involved."

Spike gave Bianca a sarcastic smirk. "Hilarious, Bianca." He sighed, looking at Angelus. "Look, you cut him up, you'll never get your answers."

"Since when did you become so levelheaded?" Bianca asked.

"Right about the time Angel became so pig-headed," Spike replied. "You have your way with him, you'll never get to destroy the world, and I don't fancy spending the next month trying to get librarian out of the carpet, or pissing off a very powerful Guardian by the name of Alice Giles because someone killed her father, a repeat of Angel pissing off Zoey and Layla Francis' family. There are other ways, Bianca."

Bianca smiled, bouncing slightly. "Enlighten me."

Spike called out. "Drusilla, sweetheart?" Drusilla walked in. "Do you want to play a game?"

Drusilla put her arm on Spike's shoulder. They both looked at Bianca and Angelus.

Sunnydale High School - Library

The main area was cordoned off with yellow crime scene tape. Alice, Carmen and Wyatt were already here, getting everything they could need. Buffy, Brooke and Brady walked in to meet up with them.

"Where's Eric?" Buffy asked.

"Making sure his casted arm doesn't get in the way," Carmen answered. "Eric'll meet with us after he gets it off."

Snyder walked in. "You do know this is a crime scene, don't you?" They looked up at him. "But then, you're all criminals, so that pretty much works out."

"You know we didn't do it," Alice told him. "The police will figure it out."

"In case you haven't noticed, the police of Sunnydale are deeply stupid," Snyder replied, walking closer. "It doesn't matter anyway. Whatever they find, you've proved too much of a liability for this school. These are the moments you want to savor. You wish time would stop so that you could live them over and over again." He looked at Wyatt. "You're fired." He looked at the girls and Brady. "You're expelled. Only if I could expel your troublemaker friend Zoey Francis with you."

Buffy pulled out the sword blessed by the knight who first slew Acathla, holding it up, turning it in her hand. Snyder looked at it, then them, gulping.

Wyatt looked at the polished blade of the sword. "You never ever got a single date in high school." He looked at Snyder. "Did you?"

"Your point being?" Snyder asked. They didn't answer, leaving the library and school. Snyder pulled out his cell phone, dialing, checking to make sure they were gone. "It's Snyder." He smiled. "Tell the mayor I have good news."

Angel's Mansion - Living Room

Drusilla knelt behind Giles, patting the sweat from his forehead. "Is that better, hmm? Poor thing." She ran her finger down his cheek. "Let's see what's inside." She ran her hand up the back of his head, over the top, closing her eyes, concentrating on reading his thoughts. It didn't take long for her to discover something useful, causing her to gasp and remove her hand. "Of course." She stood, going around to his other side, holding up two fingers, glowing with dim red energy to hypnotize him. "Look at me." Giles turned his head weakly to look away, trying to resist. Drusilla walked around the rest of the way in front of him, waving her fingers. Finally Giles could no longer resist, looking at her. Drusilla waved her fingers around some more, drawing them in toward her own eyes. "Be... in me." In his weakened state, Giles quickly fell under her spell. Drusilla looked into his eyes, smiling. "Hmm, see with your heart."

Drusilla covered his eyes with her hand, and when she took it away, he saw Layla kneeling in front of him.

Giles smiled in relief. "Layla. I saw you and Zoey hurt in the raid. I was so worried."

Drusilla/Layla spoke quietly. "Shh. I'll never leave you."

Giles tried to get up. "We have to get out of here."

Drusilla/Layla calmed him down. "No, no, no, no, no, slowly."

Drusilla/Layla brushed her hand over his temple, down his cheek and over his lip.

"Are you all right?" Giles asked.

Drusilla/Layla nodded. "Did you tell Angel and Bianca? About the ritual?"

Giles breathed heavily, nervously. "No. We have to get him away from Acathla."

"Why?" Drusilla/Layla asked. "Is he close to figuring it out?"

Giles nodded, anxious to go. "Later."

"Tell me what to do," Drusilla/Layla told him imploringly. Giles looked at her, helpless and confused. "It's all right. We'll be together. We'll have everything we always wanted. Just tell me what to do."

"We have to get Angel away from Acathla," Giles told her.

"Angel himself?" Drusilla/Layla asked. "He's the key?"

Giles nodded weakly. "His--his blood. He mustn't..."

Drusilla/Layla leaned closer. "Shh. It's okay." She kissed him. "Mm."

They kissed passionately. The camera pulled over to Giles' face. When it panned back, the illusion of Layla had faded and revealed Drusilla kissing Giles. The camera continued to pan over to Angelus, Bianca and Spike as they watched.

Angelus nodded. "Blood. Of course. The blood on my hands must be my own. I am the key that will open up the door. My blood. My life."

Bianca considered this, nodding, smiling. "Okay. Kill him."

"Uh, but what if he's lying?" Spike asked.

Bianca nodded. "Yeah. Good point. All right. So we don't kill him."

Angelus leaned down to Spike. "You know, I kinda like having you watch my back. It's kinda like old times."

Bianca noticed Drusilla was still kissing Giles. "Uh, Dru... Drusilla?"

"Honey..." Angelus trailed off.

"We are finished here, ducks," Spike told her.

Drusilla stopped, looking at them sheepishly. "Sorry." She smiled evilly. "I was in the moment."

Giles opened his eyes, realizing that he had been tricked.

Day Two

Sunrise - Street

As the sun was rising, Wyatt, Brooke, Buffy, Brady, Alice and Carmen were making their way to the mansion, meeting up with Eric.

"Hey," Eric told them, holding up his arm. "Cast free."

"So you're in the game," Brady told him. "Good. Alice was doing some research on all of this, Eric."

"Angel's the key," Alice explained. "His blood will open the door to Hell. Acathla opened his big mouth, creates a vortex, then only Angel's blood will close it. If he and Bianca are successful in opening it..."

"So one blow will send 'em back back to Hell?" Buffy asked. Carmen looked down. "Carmen, we'll try to save Angel and Bianca if we can. But if we can't--"

"Look, can we just not talk about this?" Carmen asked.

"I strongly suggest we get there before Angel opens it," Brooke told them. "So that we stop him before he does. And so no one else has to die. Him or Bianca."

They continued on.

Eric sighed. "It's all on the line here, guys."

∞∞

Angel's Mansion - Outside

They arrived outside the mansion. Xander came running out of the bushes on the hillside, jumping onto the street in front of them, making them jump and take a reflexive step back.

"Xander," Buffy told him.

Xander held up a large rock. "Cavalry's here. Cavarly's a frightened guy with a rock, but it's here."

Brooke handed him a stake. "Take this, Xander."

"That's better," Carmen told him.

"You're not here to fight," Brady told him. "You get Giles out, and run like hell."

"Understood," Eric told them. "I can help Xander get him out."

"Good," Wyatt told them. "We can't protect you. We're gonna be too busy killing. And you're still hurt, Eric."

Xander looked at the sword. "Now, that's a new look for you."

"It's a present for Angel," Buffy explained.

"And Bianca if she doesn't behave," Brooke added.

Xander stopped. "Zoey and Layla. Uh, they told me to tell you..."

"Tell us what?" Carmen asked.

Xander paused to think. "Kick their asses."

They continued walking.

Inside - Living Room

Spike was in his wheelchair. Angelus, Bianca and Drusilla stood at one end near the large fireplace. The camera panned along the other side behind Acathla and two other vampires standing on either side.

Angelus began the ritual. "Acathla, mundatus sum, pro te necavi. Sanguinem meum pro te effundam quo me dignum esse demonstrem." Translation: Acathla, I am cleansed, here before you. My blood flowing before you makes me worthy as I demonstrate.

Sunnydale General Hospital - Joined Room

Zoey and Layla were preparing their own ritual with the help of Willow, Cordelia and Oz. Cordelia stood on one side and waved burning herbs and incense over the Orb. Oz stood on the other side with an open Latin book. Willow sat on the table holding the printout of the Rumanian curse.

"Are we ready?" Layla asked.

"Stinky herbs are a go," Cordelia told them.

"Did I mention I didn't take Latin?" Oz asked.

"Y--you don't have to understand it," Willow told him. "You just have to say it. I hope."

"Right," Oz said.

Zoey and Layla prepared their energy for the spell.

Angel's Mansion - Living Room

The camera panned past Acathla's face and the vampire standing next to him.

Angelus took a knife from Bianca. "Now, Acathla, you will be free." He drew the blade across the palm of his hand, wincing in pain, but didn't take his stare off of the stone demon, dropping the knife. "And so we will all."

The others made their way inside. Eric used his crossbow to shoot a vampire in the heart, killing him, watching him turn to dust. Bianca, Drusilla and Angelus turned to look at the group as they met their gazes.

"Hi, guys," Buffy told them.

Bianca was bored. "We don't have time for you."

"You don't have a lot of time left," Brooke replied.

"Coming on kind of strong, don't you think?" Bianca asked. "You're playing some deep odds here. Do you really think you can take us all on?"

"Yeah," Alice answered. "We do."

Spike stood behind Angelus with a determined look on his face, whipping him hard across the back with an andiron, making him fall. Drusilla and Bianca turned to look at Spike in surprise. Spike continued to whale on Angelus as hard as he could.

As a vampire came for Brooke, she spun out of the way, punching him in the face, using her red Guardian energy to throw him to the ground. The vampire jumped to his feet, trying to punch Brooke repeatedly. Brooke used her Guardian energy to block each blow, using it to rip the vampire apart into ashes.

Spike kept pounding on Angelus. "Painful, isn't it?"

Spike kept swinging the andiron. Drusilla began to freak out, jumping on Spike, taking him down to the floor with her.

Another vampire tried to punch Alice. Alice ducked, backhand punching the vampire in the face, sending him staggering back into a chair, blocking another hit via Guardian energy, kneeing him in the gut, kicking him in the face, using her power to rip him to pieces.

Buffy spun to slash her sword against another vampire, punching him in the face, kicking him in the chest, sending him flying into a pile of wood. The vampire stood. Eric surprised him with a punch to his face, ducking a roundhouse and another kick, picking up a suitable piece of wood to stake the vampire in the heart, watching him fall into dust.

Buffy nodded to Eric. "Eric, go."

Eric nodded, running off to help Xander get Giles away.

Spike and Drusilla were facing off.

"I don't want to hurt you, baby," Spike told her. Drusilla grabbed him by the throat, shoving him into the wall. Spike slapped her arm aside, punching her in the face. "Doesn't mean I won't."

Wyatt thrust both arms toward a vampire, wrapping orange magical energy around a vampire to envelop him completely, burning him alive, tearing him apart.

Sunnydale General Hospital - Joined Room

The others finished preparing the spell, giving Oz his cue.

"Quod perditum est, invenietur," Oz chanted. [What is lost, return].

Zoey and Layla started the chant together. "Not dead... nor not of the living. Spirits of the interregnum, we call."

Angel's Mansion - Living Room

Xander and Eric found Giles still tied to his chair, running closer. "Giles!"

Giles lifted his head slowly, as they started to untie him. "Xander? Eric?"

"Can you walk?" Eric asked.

Giles sighed, looking away. "You're not real."

"Sure we're real," Xander told him.

Giles shook his head. "It's a trick. They get inside my head. Make me see things I want."

"Then why would they make you see us?" Eric asked.

Giles considered this. "You're right. Let's go." Xander and Eric had freed Giles from the ropes, helping him out of the chair. "Where's Alice? Layla? Zoey?"

"We'll explain everything," Eric told him.

Xander nodded. "Let's just go. Eric can get us out of here."

They made their way through the main hall as fast as they could. A vampire tried to stop them, but Eric shot him in the heart with his crossbow, watching him fall into dust. Xander and Eric helped Giles out of the mansion, leaving.

Drusilla swiped at Spike with her hand, leaving four parallel scratches on his cheek, following up with a punch that knocked him to the floor. Angelus stood, walking over to Acathla while Bianca and the other vampires were fighting and distracting the others.

Carmen blocked a kick from a vampire, punching him in the face, spinning around through the air with levitation to kick him again, making him fall, kneeling down next to him to stake him in the heart, dusting him.

Angelus grabbed the sword in Acathla's chest by the hilt with his bloody hand. A blindingly bright light emanated from it, making everyone look up in time to witness Angelus pulling the sword from the demon's heart. With a few telltale sparks, the light was suddenly gone. Angelus whipped the sword around in his hand, holding it up to look at it. Buffy scrambled to get her own sword.

Bianca looked up from her fight to gaze at Acathla with a smile. "Oh. Here he comes."

Spike came up behind Drusilla, grabbing her around the throat with his arm, putting her in a headlock.

Sunnydale General Hospital - Joined Room

Zoey and Layla continued their ritual, but began to feel weak. "Gods, bind them. Cast their hearts from the... evil... realm."

Angel's Mansion - Living Room

Everyone was still fighting.

"You almost made it, guys," Angelus told them.

"It's not over yet," Carmen told him.

Angelus smirked. "My boy Acathla here is about to wake up. You're all going to Hell."

"Save me a seat," Carmen replied.

Bianca used red Guardian energy to get into Alice and Brooke's heads so they couldn't fight back, stronger now than ever after draining Sofia of her blood and power.

Brady walked closer. "I know you're willing to do that to Alice and Brooke, Bianca. But are you willing to do that to me?"

Bianca smiled impishly, shrugging. "Let's find out."

Brady slashed toward Bianca with a blade repeatedly to distract her. Bianca used the red Guardian energy to block every move, spinning out of the way of another sword stroke. Brady had gotten Bianca distracted enough that she had to release Alice and Brooke from her mind control. Alice and Brooke stood on either side of Bianca to attack her with red Guardian energy from either side. Bianca used her own power to block most of the moves, but couldn't block all of them, slowed down as the two Guardians tore at her with their power. While they were doing this, Buffy and Brady were slashing at Angelus and Bianca with their blades, while Angelus used his own sword to block the moves, and Bianca was using Guardian energy to defend herself. As Angelus and Bianca fought back with his sword and her powers, the others were blocking and dodging and using their powers to defend themselves.

Buffy thrust at Angelus with her sword, but he parried, swinging around with a thrust of his own, which she also parried. They clashed blades several times. Buffy ducked a wide arcing swing from him.

A vampire ran toward Wyatt to try to kill him. Wyatt levitated up to make him miss, jumping over his head, landing on the ground behind him, creating a sphere of fire and magical energy to throw into a group of five vampires to burn them alive instantaneously.

Bianca faced off with Brooke and Alice, as the three of them glowed with Guardian energy, trading blows of power that had all three girls stumbling to keep balance. Alice and Brooke used their energy to levitate themselves on either side of Bianca, spinning to kick her from either side, making her flip back to the floor. Bianca backward somersaulted to her feet, hands glowing with Guardian energy. Brady tried an arching swing with his blade toward Bianca from above. Bianca raised her hands to use Guardian energy to block the blade, spinning out of the way, kicking Brady in the legs to make him fall into her arms, throwing him into Alice and Brooke, making all fall.

Wyatt created a sphere of magical energy to throw two vampires into walls, making everything around them fall. Carmen froze those vampires so that Wyatt could burn them alive and turn them to dust.

Buffy kicked Angelus' legs out from underneath him. Angelus turned to face her, still on his knees, swinging three times in rapid succession, all of which she parried. Angelus tried a wide swing, cutting Buffy superficially on the arm, trying to take advantage of her distraction, coming at her with his sword held high, intending to swing from above. Buffy dropped to the floor, rolling out of the way, so he only managed to smash a bowl on a table behind her, kicking his legs out from under him, scrambling up.

Bianca used her stolen red Guardian energy to pry the blade out of Brady's hand, catching it in her own, spinning it around, slashing it toward Alice and Brooke repeatedly, who both used Guardian energy to block all the moves, ducking and dodging, managing to avoid being hurt. Alice backhand punched Bianca in the face, making her spin away toward Brooke. Brooke kicked Bianca in the face, making her back away toward Alice. Brooke and Alice spun around on either side of Bianca to kick her to the floor.

Angelus slashed his sword toward Wyatt. Wyatt blocked the move with magic, kicking Angelus in the gut, making him double over, levitating over him into the air, spinning in the air to kick Angelus toward Buffy and Carmen. Carmen used her power to freeze Angelus before he could stab Buffy with his sword, kicking his arm to make him drop his sword.

Carmen tried to freeze Bianca, but since she had taken in so much Guardian power/blood, Bianca could no longer be frozen by Carmen's power.

Sunnydale General Hospital - Joined Room

Zoey and Layla got weaker as they chanted and breathed heavily. "Return. We call on..."

Oz, Cordelia and Willow were worried.

"Zoey?" Willow asked. "Layla? Hey. What's wrong?"

"Are you okay?" Cordelia asked.

Without warning, Zoey and Layla's heads tilted back and they looked up with their eyes wide open. Their heads snapped back down and their eyes stared into the Orb. They began to chant steadily in Rumanian as though possessed. "Te implor, Doamne, nu ignora aceasta rugaminte." Translation: I implore you, Lord, do not ignore this request.

"Is this a good thing?" Oz asked.

Zoey and Layla went on. "Nici mort, nici al fiintei... [Neither dead, nor of the living...]"

"Hey," Willow told them. "Speak English."

Zoey and Layla went on. "Lasa orbita sa fie vasul care-i va transporta, sufletul la el. [Let this Orb be the vessel that will carry the souls to them.]"

Angel's Mansion - Living Room

The fight continued on. Bianca was using the stolen Guardian energy to trap Buffy, Brooke, Alice, Brady, Wyatt and Carmen in a tight spot, making it very hard for them to try to physically or magically get out, cornering them. Angelus walked closer with his sword.

Deep thundering growls and noises came from Acathla as he began to wake.

Spike had rendered Drusilla unconscious, picking her up. "Sorry, baby. Wish there was another way." He started to leave the mansion, pausing when he saw that Bianca had the others trapped in a ring of Guardian energy while Angelus advanced with his sword. "God, they're gonna kill them. Nah, Wyatt will get them out."

Spike watched for another moment, shrugging, heading for the garage with Drusilla.

"Now that's everything, huh?" Bianca asked. "No weapons. No friends. No hope. Take all the away. What's left?"

Angelus drew his sword back, thrusting directly at Buffy's face. With lightning fast reflexes, Buffy swung up with both arms catching the blade between the palms of her hands.

"Us," Brooke answered.

Alice and Brooke released screams of pure Guardian energy that ripped the barrier of energy Bianca trapped them with apart, throwing Angelus and Bianca away through the air and to the floor, freeing them and the others. Buffy and Brady picked up their blades to come after Angelus and Bianca again, while Alice and Brooke used their Guardian energy, and Carmen and Wyatt used their witch powers against them and other vampires running to help Angelus and Bianca.

Buffy spun around, swinging her sword down at Angelus from above, but he held up his own to block. Carmen kicked him in the knee to make him kneel, spinning around to kick Angelus in the face with a roundhouse, making him fall to the ground.

Alice and Brooke brought Bianca to her knees with their Guardian power. Brady swung at Bianca from above with his blade. Bianca used the stolen Guardian power to block the move and protect herself.

A vampire lunged for Wyatt. Wyatt held up a finger to wrap magical energy around his throat, dangling him over the ground, using the energy to decapitate the vampire, letting him fall to ashes.

Outside

Spike smashed through the door with his car. The windows were all painted black. He screeched into the street, gunning it. In the car, Drusilla was laying unconscious in the passenger seat. Spike concentrated on the road, whipping around a corner, heading straight ahead, looking over at Dru, reaching around her neck, pulling her to him, holding her close as he kept driving with only one hand on the wheel.

Inside

Alice and Brooke used red Guardian energy to send Bianca flying to the floor, while Carmen and Wyatt magically through Angelus down next to Acathla. Buffy leaped toward Angelus, swinging her sword at him. Angelus almost missed parrying her blow, stepping back to get his footing, trying to stab Buffy. Carmen froze Angelus before he could, levitating herself up to flip back and kick him to the ground. Bianca used stolen red Guardian energy to levitate herself up to her feet, too distracted with fighting Alice and Brooke to stop Brady from slicing her with his blade.

Wyatt formed an orange magical whip to wrap around a vampire's neck, rubbing his fingers together to use it to decapitate him and burn him alive, throwing a burst of his power into another vampire's chest to throw him against the wall, making him fall, burning him alive.

Sunnydale General Hospital - Joined Room

The table between Zoey and Layla lurched hard. The camera panned around the two gypsies, closing in on their faces as they continued to cast the curse. "Asa sa fie! Asa sa fie! Acum!" Translation: So it shall be! So it shall be! Now!

Angel's Mansion - Living Room

With all vampires now dead, Carmen, Wyatt, Alice and Brooke their undivided attention on Angelus and Bianca, using their power to bring them to their knees before them, Buffy, Carmen and Brady.

Sunnydale General Hospital - Joined Room

Zoey and Layla finished the curse. "Acum! [Now!]"

The Orb glowed brightly for a brief moment and went dark. Zoey and Layla suddenly relaxed, looking around blankly.

Angel's Mansion - Living Room

Angelus and Bianca were still on their knees in front of the others, gasping loudly, groaning in pain, their eyes glowing bright red for an instant, returning to normal. Angel looked up in confusion.

Bianca was completely confused and rattled, falling onto her hands to keep her halfway up, crying, not remembering much of anything yet. "Brady? What's going on?" The others looked at them in confusion. "Where are we? I--I don't remember."

They realized the curse had worked.

Angel slowly rose to his feet, tears heavy in his eyes.

Carmen could barely whisper, in shock. "Angel?"

Angel saw a wound on Carmen's arm from the fight. "You're hurt." Carmen looked down at her wound, feeling his gentle touch in her arm, ignoring her cut, looking at Angel, stepping closer. Angel embraced her tightly. "Oh, Carmen. God." Carmen knew that Angel was back but not knowing how, in shock, returning the embrace, closing her eyes, sighing deeply. "I--I feel like I haven't seen you in months."

Bianca slowly stood, confused. "Oh, my God, everything's so muddled. I... Where am I? How did I get here? Where's Billy?"

Everyone looked upset at how much they had both forgotten, knowing how they would feel when they remembered everything, especially with Bianca's mind still not being healed from being sick, and with her brother being dead, and everything she did to Brady and the ones he loved.

Angel held Carmen even more closely, sighing deeply, kissing her on the shoulder. "Oh, Carmen."

Carmen cried into Angel's shoulder, embracing him back. Behind Angel, Acathla let out a low rumble. The others stared in shock as his face contorted. His brows angled down, his eyes glowed red, his mouth opened grotesquely, and the swirling vortex to Hell opens, small at first, but growing steadily in size and emanating a deep, red glow. Carmen let go of Angel in realization, knowing that she had to lose him either way, devastated.

"What's happening?" Bianca asked in shocked confusion.

Brady pulled Bianca away from Acathla. "Shh. Don't worry about it."

Carmen brushed her fingers over Angel's lips and across his cheek, laying her hand on his cheek, kissing him softly. Angel returned the kiss. It became more passionate. Behind them, the vortex had grown about five feet across and continued to grow larger.

Carmen looked deeply into Angel's eyes, whispering. "I love you."

Angel managed a small smile. "I love you."

Carmen touched his lips with her fingers. "Close your eyes."

Wyatt shook his head sadly. "I'm sorry."

Angel closed his eyes. Carmen tried hard not to start crying, kissing him gently for their goodbye. Brooke and Alice sadly and slowly pulled Carmen away into their arms, holding her sympathetically. Buffy drew back her sword, thrusting it into Angel's chest. Angel's eyes opened in surprise and pain. A bright white light emanated from the sword. Everyone backed away from him in shock. Angel reached out, looking down at the sword thrust completely through him, looking at them imploringly. Bianca was completely in shock, bewildered by everything going on.

Angel reached out to Carmen but couldn't move. "Carmen..."

Behind Angel, the power of the sword began to swirl into the vortex, which had enlarged to about 12 feet across, and the two energies began to interact. Angel still held out his hand to Carmen. When the vortex finally met him, it suddenly closed into Acathla's mouth without so much s a spark, taking him with it.

(Song:) Full of Grace - Sara Machlan

Carmen stared at the stone demon for a long moment, a light of awareness dawning in her eyes as she truly realized everything that had happened and what she had just lost, as if she could truly feel the pain of losing her soul mate, starting to break down in devastation, as Brooke and Alice held her standing, and Buffy turned to face her sadly in sympathy and regret. Wyatt and Brady looked down sadly. Bianca was just completely confused and in shock.

Street

Buffy, Brooke and Brady walked down the street toward their house, looking at the neighboring houses, then back to theirs.

Summers House - Foyer

Joyce walked up the stairs, calling out. "Buffy? Brooke? Brady?"

Hallway

Joyce looked through the hallway toward her kids' rooms, seeing some of their stuff was gone, seeing a note on the hallway wall, picking it up to read, starting to cry, having to sit down.

Chase Mansion - Carmen's Room

Carmen was packing up her things, too numb and in shock to cry anymore.

Wyatt's Loft

Wyatt was only taking what he truly needed, looking around, not having anyone to leave a note behind for, leaving.

Giles Apartment

Alice was getting ready to leave, having some of her belongings, leaving a note behind for Giles.

Sunnydale General Hospital - Outside

Oz and Giles were pushing Zoey and Layla along in two wheelchairs. Willow, Eric, Xander and Cordelia were walking with them.

Giles' walk was a bit unsteady. "Zoey, Layla, are you sure you should be out of bed?"

"Look who's talking," Layla replied.

Giles sighed. "Yes."

"Any word?" Cordelia asked.

"Buffy, Brooke and Brady left a departing note for their mom," Eric answered. "Buffy and I were barely able to meet without her getting found."

"Alice left me a note as well," Giles explained. "Said that she wishes to see me anytime soon when we're sure she won't be arrested for seeing her father."

"Wyatt would've left a note, but I'm pretty sure he would have said the same thing," Oz told them.

"And Carmen?" Zoey asked worriedly. "You guys haven't seen her or heard from her?"

"No," Willow answered.

"Well, we, uh, we went back to the mansion," Eric explained. "It was empty, and Acathla was dormant."

"I think the spell worked," Layla told them. "I felt something go through me. Zoey did too."

"Plus the Orb did that cool glow thing," Oz added.

"Well, maybe it wasn't in time," Xander told them. "Maybe they had to kill Angel and Bianca before the cure could work."

"Well, then, Carmen would wanna be alone, I guess," Cordelia told them.

"Or maybe Angel and Bianca were saved, and Carmen and Angel wanna be alone together," Willow told them.

"If that were the case, then Brady, Alice, Brooke, Buffy and Wyatt would wanna help Bianca get settled into having a soul but still half a mind," Zoey told them.

"Well, we all know that we're gonna see Buffy, Brooke, Brady and Alice again soon because they left messages for us," Cordelia pointed out. "Wyatt would most likely be with them. So we're gonna know what happened sometime soon. Carmen's gotta show up sooner or later, too. They might all be all on the run because Sunnydale thinks they're murderers."

"But we can prove that they're not," Willow told them. "And can prove them innocent."

Zoey nodded. "And then we can bring them home."

Angel's Mansion - Living Room

Bianca slowly made her away around the mansion, slowly gaining all of the memories of the things that had happened since she had come to Sunnydale and turned into a vampire, tears in her eyes, numb and in shock, slowly sitting on the floor, wrapping her arms around her knees, trying to figure out how to deal with all of this, knowing that even if she wanted to be alone, that the others would help her through this, even if Buffy, Brooke, Brady, Alice, Carmen and Wyatt were on the run, most of them would come back to help her if she needed them.

On the Road

Wyatt was driving his Impala. Brooke was in the passenger seat. Alice, Brady and Buffy were in the backseat. Wyatt was using a portal of blue energy as a magnifying glass of some sort so they could keep a watchful eye over their family and friends. On a bus, Carmen's reflection was visible in the window as it drove away. Both vehicles, though driving separately, passed the town sign:

NOW LEAVING SUNNYDALE

come back soon!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

7.1K 251 13
*note, due to many requests, this book is created* The town of Sunnydale resides on the Hellmouth underneath the school, and though most people are...
671K 11.9K 31
{This Book is discontinued, but on my page is a new version of this book I'm writing you should check out if you want to. Thank you!} Madison Deane S...
42.6K 1.1K 22
What if Zoey Francis, the other Slayer in Sunnydale, was never an only child? What if she had Dawn as a sister instead of Buffy? That she and her mot...
50.5K 1.6K 23
"So," he said. "Let me get this straight: You're a werewolf?" "Yes." "Who lives with a group of other werewolves?" "Yes." "And you all have normal ev...