The Prince's Choice

By morgie_321

In the Kingdom of Ostium, once children reach the age of seventeen, they are assigned a job that they must wo... More

Chapter One (Edited)
Chapter Two (Edited)
Chapter Three (Edited)
Chapter Five (Edited)
Chapter Six (Edited)
Chapter Seven (Edited)
Chapter Eight (Edited)
Chapter Nine (Edited)
Chapter Ten (Edited)
Chapter Eleven (Edited)
Chapter Twelve (Edited)
Chapter Thirteen (Edited)
Chapter Fourteen (Edited)
Chapter Fifteen (Edited)
Chapter Sixteen (Edited)
Chapter Seventeen (Edited)
Chapter Eighteen (Edited)
Chapter Nineteen (Edited)
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Epilogue

Chapter Four (Edited)

9.9K 352 15
By morgie_321

“Up up up! Everybody, you have five minutes before you must be outside your door, dressed, and ready to receive your chores for the day.”

It takes me moment to register what Agatha is saying as I wipe the sleep out of my eyes. But after realizing I have a short amount of time to be ready, I jump out of bed, put my uniform on, and tie my long hair into a low knot.

I make it outside my door, seconds before the clock strikes the five minute mark, while trying to tuck away the loose strands of hair that has managed to escape me. Luckily, I am not the only newbie to be rushing out of the door right before Agatha calls time.

I’m surprised to see everyone outside of their room in time for Agatha to assess them, but am not surprised to see some of the people looKing not all together.

Agatha walks up to each one of us to inspect our uniform to make sure everyone looks proper. Most people have to go back and grab aprons, but luckily the only thing Agatha told me to do was pull my hair back in a professional manner.

After inspecting everybody, Agatha stands in front of us and says, “Good morning, everyone. I regret to inform you that I will not be waKing you up every morning. You will also be responsible yourself together every morning. Although, if you have any questions, come to me and I will answer to the best of my abilities. Now, please line up for me to give you your chores for the day.”

Everyone files in line to receive their orders to also prepare themselves for a long day.

After receiving my schedule I hold my breath, scared on what my first day is going to bring.

-Wash all plates for party
-Sweep the ball room
-Polish the stairs
-Vacuum occupied bedrooms
-Clean the Prince’s bedroom
-Bring afternoon tea to King at 4:00

I look at my list, surprised to see the amount that I have to do on my first day.

After Agatha hands out all the papers, she steps in front of us again, “You can perform your chores in any order you wish, but the ones with times must be done at those times. Now, since today is your first day, your schedule will be much easier than usual.”

What?

My breath catches in my throat, knowing that it is only going to get worse from here on out. I already miss Mother, and it hasn’t even been a full twenty-four hours yet. How am I going to be able to handle this when it isn’t even at its worse yet.

***

I just finished vacuuming all of the occupied bedrooms, now I must move on to clean the entirety of the Prince’s room.

I was terrified to clean bedrooms that had people already sleeping in them, but Agatha assured me that no one should be in the room while I’m cleaning them. My main concern was the Prince, but Agatha told me that he won’t be returning until tomorrow, in time for his homecoming party.

I start with changing the sheets of his bed and fluffing his pillows. This room is as big as my home. And is definitely more furnished than my home.

My job is to make the room look as though it hasn’t been empty for the past fourteen years. Which, is proving to be quite difficult with the layers of dust covering every surface.

The door suddenly opens and I turn around to see a tall, broad man with thick black hair staring at me.

“Oh, sorry to interrupt. I’m Prince Noah Beckett.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

507 70 20
"Why?" A painful whisper escapes my mouth. My vision keeps disappearing from the corners of my eyes. I can't hear the loud thunders of this stormy n...
289 26 18
Read as The Francis family struggles to find their own identities as they are stuck in a royal life with eyes on them at all times. Alexander the eld...
216 2 17
In the kingdom of Keotsa, King Tobias and Queen Emelia rule together. Once a beautiful place, the kingdom is overcome by a terrible plague just as ne...
207 2 42
Adelaide Colfield was chosen when she was eleven to become the bride of a member of the royal court. For ten years, she was held hostage in the middl...