Rise Above Fate

By undefmidi

"Are you my master?" With those words, his life changed. Bullied, Shot down, Humiliated, Hurt... Izuku Midor... More

Ch. 1 - Are you?
Ch. 2 - The King
Ch. 3 - Baby Steps
Ch. 4 - Back and Forth
Ch. 5 - Together
Ch. 6 - His First Step
Ch. 7 - Favor
Ch. 8 - Questions
Ch. 9 - Do You Remember?
Ch. 11 - Blood
Ch. 12 - Right to Change

Ch. 10 - Sudden Inspiration

2.4K 61 29
By undefmidi

Author: undefmidi

2018

Boku no Hero characters, original story and everything belongs to Kohei Horikoshi, the author of said series. I only own the Plot.

Fate series characters, original story and everything belongs to TYPE-MOON, the owner of said series. I only own the Plot.

If you like it, please share it!

...

Chapter 10 – Sudden Inspiration

Izuku's confrontation with Bakugo earlier wasn't an easy one. It wouldn't be in any way. Their long-ignored memories were just a reminder of the childhood friendship they had. All that remained was just a remnant of their past closeness.

Saber couldn't say anything at that time. Who could? It was just so unfair to the meek greenette, who put his heart out in the open like a seller, only for it to be crushed by the utter hate that his former friend had.

Washing those thoughts away, her nostrils were attacked by a sudden rush of sweetness. The light burbling and sting-crackling of the frying pan caressed her ears seductively, inviting her to devour whatever was the source of such an aroma.

Her lips slightly twitched whilst thinking of the possible combinations of food the 'Gourmet Mother', as she liked to call, would prepare. Would it be a special Yakisoba? Fried meat with rice?

She didn't know, but that didn't matter. What did, though, was the fact that she had been eating the best meals since the beginning of what she could remember. Not even the big cooks of her past monarchy could get close to that mother's cooking.

It wasn't the ingredients since she knew that she had eaten food bathed in the most exquisite and wanted sauce in the kingdom...

It wasn't the utensils since she had eaten with pure-gold items before (courtesy of a meeting she had with a duchess, once)...

Thinking about those things, the sudden footsteps drew away her own attention.

"Hey..." Izuku greeted, still hurt from the earlier event.

"Are you... better?" Saber worriedly smiled.

"... Yeah," He sighed.

The atmosphere was somewhat awkward. Saber had seen Izuku's futile struggles to regain a lost friendship... Something he thought was so unsightly for her to see.

"Sorry for letting you see that whole drama," Izuku dejectedly looked down.

"... You know?" Saber gestured Izuku to sit beside her.

He complied, gently scooting over. He could clearly hear her quiet respiration, going along with the beat of his own heart, but not for long, since his own began to kick against his ribcage in a frenzy waltz...

He hadn't stopped to notice how cute she was. His eyes held no malice and no ulterior motive while looking—They held straight admiration for that girl that he could call a friend.

Shaking his head internally, he continued to pay attention to her speech.

"... I don't think that what you've done was wrong in any way. What you accomplished, however, was proving that you were up to forgive—That's what a true friend would do," She placed her light and soft hand on top of his head, gently and calmly ruffling it. He closed his eyes on reflex, just like a kid.

Izuku hung his head, still somewhat dejected from the whole ordeal. Though, he felt a tad bit happier from the pampering he received from his friend. It was sweet and unknown to him how much being patted actually elated his previously and somewhat depressed state.

"Dinner is ready!" His cheerful mother called, swiftly dancing across the kitchen to the dining table. "Today's food is Katsudon!"

"Oh~!" Izuku's mood cheered a bit more. Saber, noticing this, curled her lips in an unnoticeable manner, shortly relaxing after it.

Katsudon—Pork Cutlet Bowl was his favorite food since he understood the fact that he was alive. It was magical how something he liked as a small kid would still fill his fancy in his teens.

Saber wasn't behind him either, ogling the food like a lion stalking its prey.

"Let's eat!" And with that longed-for phrase, Saber gently picked up her serving.

The insides of her bowl seemed just as pleasing for the eye as what they would be for the mouth: The pork's crisp outside touched the fluffy pillow of rice below it. The sauce slowly dripped from the meat onto the rice, forming a small waterfall.

The green, usually and normally ignored by the lions, was adorning the pork like a tiara on a princess. Saber's 'lion instincts' were overthrown by a simple 'tiara' of vegetables.

Without wasting too much time looking at her portion, she picked up a small fluff of rice with her chopsticks and placed on top of the crispy meat. With those chopsticks, she cut the small piece of meat together with the rice, revealing a soft inside. The steam couldn't cover the food's beauty and seductiveness.

Gently, she picked both of those parts and placed them right in front of her small mouth. With utmost tenderness, she blew the steam off of the food and opened her mouth.

Her warrior-like demeanor suddenly vanished, revealing her true face. Her mouth, albeit open, had a visible smile. Her usually cold eyes sparkled in joy.

Happily, she placed the cuisine in her mouth and closed it. Surprisingly, the soft inside of the pork melted, covering the rice in a sweet-salty coat of meat. The sauce contained in the meat covered the whole entirety of the insides of her mouth, leaving no space for ignoring anything in that food.

Ultimate ecstasy took over her mood as she happily chewed on the food she was longing for.

Izuku couldn't help but smile as well, watching his precious friend eat his mother's food so contently.

...

The lightning-quick wooden swords clashed against each other in a beautiful arc. The rhythmical dance of two people in a spar against each other could be pseudo-heard. The crackling of grass below their dodgy feet was pleasant to the ears.

"Hold your head high!"

He lunged his wooden sword in her direction like a spear, only for it to be caught by her own sword in a downward motion. Swiftly, she pushed his own to the ground and repositioning her arms, arched the blade upwards, aiming for his throat.

"Don't close your eyes!"

Obeying his teacher he leaned backward, barely escaping her attack. Using his momentum, he brought his sword up again and parried her own.

"Predictable!"

And with that, she twisted her wooden sword, making him lose the balance of his hands. The following motion was like a rifle bullet—direct and precise. He couldn't see it coming; all he felt was something hard poking his throat.

"You still have a long way to go... But don't be disheartened! You have the capability to learn swordsmanship".

Saber said those things as Izuku fell butt-first to the ground, and let go of his wooden practice sword.

The sweat trickled down from his body to the crispy grass of a little clearing in the entrance of a forest. The birds chirped normally, continuing on with their lives, eating, sleeping and surviving.

"Saber..." His lungs desperately clutched onto the air from his rapid breathing. "Why... swords?" He had a hard time forming phrases, being interrupted by the need to inhale more oxygen because of the tiring training session.

It was true, however, what he had said. Why swordsmanship, of all things? In a time period which didn't require anyone to hold a sword; a time where the oh-so-powerful quirks dominated almost each, and every fighting style—why learn how to properly hold and attack with those ancient blade weapons?

"Swordsmanship isn't just to learn how to attack with a sword," she explained, kneeling on the ground right beside Izuku. "It's about understanding your opponent, and quickly thinking about where and how to attack. Take trust in me, I know that firsthandedly."

"Oh~..." Izuku rearranged his laying position on the ground and gazed at the vast cerulean sky, adorned by the forest trees. "Please... 5 minutes..." He asked, still looking at the sky.

She nodded and continue to kneel there, looking intently at the boy who wanted to become a hero.

His curly strands of hair lightly wiggled with the morning wind. The sun wasn't too strong, pleasantly caressing his gentle expression, and glistening with his sweat like dusk's dew.

Gazing at him, she thanked for the peaceful times she had the blessing to live in. The countless battles and wars she waged, the people she had killed—all for the sake of her country. All of it was a burden she couldn't just throw away.

Reviving those memories wasn't pleasant at all, but it was necessary. Knowing that she could do better, she continued walking forward... But something, in the bottom of her heart, said that she wasn't fit for being the 'King' that she was.

Maybe if she had lived as a normal maiden in the countryside, she could've met a man and formed a family, or she could've just lived her days happily at the side of her family, growing up and dying with utmost joy. The joy of living.

Then, suddenly while reminiscing about those unpleasantries, she remembered something...

It could help Izuku to form his own future, and seeing that he had accomplished something amazing with it, it wasn't possible that he didn't have it.

Why didn't I think of this before!

Quickly standing up from the ground, she looked at the greenette that poured all his hope into her.

"Izuku, I have an idea..." She announced, offering a hand to her Master; her friend.

Curious, he accepted the gesture and got up from the ground, feeling the sudden rush of the forest's breeze covering his face. He noticed her inspired expression and determined demeanor.

She had an idea; something she just noticed.

Izuku was a Master, and albeit one that was somewhat clueless, he was still one. That automatically indicated the presence of something inside of him; something basic to anyone that summoned a Servant...

Both of them stood in the greenery of the forest's clearing, staring into each other's eyes. The trees circumfering them rustled with the wind's sudden rush. The not-so-aggressive sun glistened the minuscule drops of water that sat atop the leaves.

In that beautiful scenery, she determinedly curved her own lips. She had the idea that could, and probably would help Izuku to achieve his own dreams.

"Shall we practice Magic?"

...

Thank you for the wait!

I have some other projects afloat, and also the incoming wave of unbearable school work—I'll do what I can though...

I don't... have much to say today, so...

That's it, for now,

Undef's out,

Stay cold!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.4K 2.5K 20
Izuku Midoriya is unfortunately a quirkless kid. Every day he is bullied and hurt until he accidentally figures something out. Watch as he goes from...
4K 86 8
Midoriya Izuku, after being told he cannot be a hero from his idol All Might, does he stop trying? NO! Midoriya doesn't have a quirk, but he's so int...
14.9K 469 17
Just a normal love story of how two strangers met then fell in love. [ 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙙 ] ⚠︎⚠︎⚠︎ ✍︎ I do not own any of the characters of my hero a...
310K 6.4K 38
Despite working his entire life so he can become a hero Izuku Midoriya is still told to give up by his idol All Might. While demoralised he decides...