Stranded| m.yg ✔

By BurkahRae12

"Of all the people in the world, I had to be stranded here with you?" "Why are you sleeping during a life or... More

I N T R O
ONE| Aboard
TWO| 24 Hours
THREE| Storm
FOUR| Breathe
FIVE| Salvage
SIX| Need
EIGHT| Shave
NINE| Emotions
TEN| Sinking
ELEVEN| Different
TWELVE| Fever
THIRTEEN| Home
FOURTEEN| Trip
FIFTEEN| Flirt
SIXTEEN| Bite
SEVENTEEN| Deal
EIGHTEEN| Relationship
NINETEEN| Moments
TWENTY| Dark
TWENTY-ONE| Steps
TWENTY-TWO| Rescue
TWENTY-THREE| Wrong
TWENTY-FOUR| Funding
TWENTY-FIVE| Elope
TWENTY-SIX| Cake
TWENTY-SEVEN| STRANDED
F I N A L T H O U G H T S

SEVEN| Clean

7.1K 486 386
By BurkahRae12

"Hey Yoongi...?" You asked timidly, not wanting to make him too upset right off the bat with bad news.

It had been about a week since the two of you had come to the mutual agreement to stick together, and although you didn't hate each other anymore, you still weren't exactly friends and bickered constantly.

If you were being honest then you would admit that you liked bantering with the pale grumpy guy as it seemed to keep you sane and never failed to cure your boredom.

"What?" He asked tiredly, not sounding in the best of moods.

You sighed as your stomach growled and hunger tore at your insides.

"I'm hungry Yoongs. And we're out of the energy bars from the raft. Can't we leave the camp and try to find food?"

"OK, firstly: I told you not to call me Yoongs." He told you with a clear scowl, "And second... I told you not to leave the camp. I'll go out eventually just calm down."

You angrily crossed your arms and kicked a rock, sitting down next to the remains of the pathetically small fire Yoongi had managed to make the night before.

"Why aren't I allowed to leave?"

"Because you're reckless."

"But I'm an adult! And I smell bad! And you smell bad! I want to follow the river to find a lake or something so I can wash off. I'm tired of sitting here being bored and looking disgusting."

"Did you forget something? We're on a stranded island! Who cares what we look like?"

"Me." You countered, huffing in disgust, "I care what you smell like."

"Excuse me?" You could clearly see his anger rising by the heat that rose to his cheeks.

Excellent. You had figured him out and knew exactly how to get what you wanted. A smirk found it's way to your face.

"You smell so bad that you keep me up at night," you practically spat in his direction. He clenched his teeth in anger as you fired insults.

"You're one to talk!" He snipped, his fists shaking, "You smell probably worse than me!"

"I know! So let's go follow the river so we don't have to bother each other anymore!"

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

You grinned in victory as Yoongi looked confused at what he had just agreed to.

"W-Wait..."

"Come on Yoongi we're going to take a trip!" You informed him happily, standing up and grabbing his hands to pull him up as well. "I'll take a bath while you look for food and then we'll switch. We can also wash our nasty clothes. This will be great!"

"Hold on-" He tried to protest, but you were already grabbing soap and all your dirty clothes. "(Y/N) you can't go alone anywhere. We aren't separating."

You allowed his words to sink in and blinked for a moment before further deciphering his words. He realized immediately that he had made some sort of mistake after seeing the horrified look on your face. 

"PERVERT!" You yelled, clutching your things close to you and pointing at him accusingly. Yoongi immediately turned bright red and waved his hands around in defiance at the misunderstanding.

"NO! That's NOT what I meant! I-I didn't mean we stay together while we bathe, I meant I don't want you going out and looking for food alone... aish  y-you're so... why would you think..."

You burst out laughing at his embarrassment and continued to fetch your things while you wiped a fake tear from your eye. He was just so easy to tease that sometimes you couldn't help it. You would probably suffer for it later of course when Yoongi would kill you in your sleep tonight.

"I'm sorry Yoongi but I just had too. You're so gullible."

His embarrassment quickly turned into anger once more but it fizzled out when he found he didn't exactly know what to say and you had already taken off by jumping in the ankle deep river; calling for him to follow you as you started your trek downstream that led to a larger source somewhere deeper in the island.

Yoongi really didn't want to go far and didn't want you to leave at all but you were already sprinting downstream so he had to run to keep up with you. So far in the past week Yoongi hadn't ventured out much and had been very careful of where he went. He always left markers so he could find his way back and hadn't really found anything or any source of food so was always forced to return empty handed.

Now you were casually skipping into the unknown with he at your heels trying to stop you from dying. Although it irritated you you also really felt warm inside whenever Yoongi was protective over you. You admittedly sort of liked it.

He wasn't sure why he felt the need to look out for you. At times he felt as if maybe he would prefer if something ate you or you fell off a cliff, but deep down inside he knew he could never wish that for real. Maybe it was because it had been his job to look out for you on the boat?

"We can't leave the river," He called up to you, "because we need to follow it in order to get back."

"I know!" You replied, rolling your eyes, "I'm not stupid."

"That's up for discussion," he muttered and you turned to shoot him a glare when you heard. Deciding it was better to stop the argument there, you both fell into silence once more as your feet splashed along the shallow river.

You listened to the sounds of the jungle surrounding you as you did your best to avoid water bugs and sharp rocks in the river. Birds chirped and leaves rustled in the warm wind, the hot air allowing you to crave the feeling of water even more. You were carrying all the dirty clothes and soap and it was beginning to get irritating, especially when you looked behind you to see Yoongi carrying nothing and his hands completely free.

You stopped, and he almost bumped into you but caught himself just in time.

"What's the problem now?" He asked with a sigh as you turned around looking irritated.

"Can't you help me carry stuff? You aren't holding anything, and I'm holding all the clothes!"

Yoongi rolled his eyes but outstretched his arms for you to hand him some of the articles and items. You smiled before placing some of the clothes in his arms. Right before turning back around with a lighter load however, you heard Yoongi release a sort of yelp of surprise and whirled around to see him falling backwards and throwing the clothes; wide eyed and red gracing the tips of his ears.

"Yoongi!" You complained, looking down at the clothes he had just dropped in his shock. You began re fetching them out of the bottom of the river before pausing when you realized the meaning behind his outburst. You held up your bra that was now soaked and smiled smugly. "Really?"

"Yah!" He exclaimed in horror, backing up quickly and flushing red when you held it up. You scoffed at his fear and rolled your eyes at his unusually weak form in the river.

"Are you serious? It's a bra not a bomb."

"I don't care what it is! Just... get it away."

"OK OK." You handed Yoongi the dry clothes after he stood and gathered the ones he had dropped, including your bra. "Happy now?"

Yoongi didn't say anything as he was a bit occupied clenching his eyes shut and cursing himself for his outburst, doing his absolute best to cause the redness in his pale face to distinguish.

"Jeez it's like you've never seen a bra or something. Sorry to break it to you but I'm a girl and I sort of need it to-"

"Can you please just shut up? I've had enough of your talking today. If you don't stop then I'll refuse to find any food for you."

You shut up real quick then and Yoongi breathed out in relief that he had successfully steered the topic in another direction. However your silence once again didn't last very long as the current trek down the river was proven successful. You gasped as the river emptied into a sort of lagoon with clear water and even a waterfall on one end as if a movie. You happily bounded into the deeper waters while Yoongi crawled out onto shore to place the things he was holding down. 

You ended up doing the same before running back out into the water, kicking up waves and scaring fish. Big fish that hopefully could be caught and cooked.

"OK now bye!" You told Yoongi, who was now just watching you silently from the shore with an emotionless gaze. He met your eyes for a moment before turning to walk away off into the woods to look for food. "And don't you dare think about peeking or I'll know you're a pervert for sure!" You called after him, feeling very proud of yourself for all the strikes you'd used against him in one day. He didn't respond, most likely because he was too angry to even form words.

When you were sure he was gone, you slid off your clothes and grabbed the soap to jump back into the pool. It felt so amazing to be cleaning yourself again and you relished the feeling of the soap running across your skin and your hair being cleansed of the build up of grease. After letting the water settle, you looked at your own reflection and realized that you had already lost some weight. Your stomach growled again and you sighed before climbing out to grab the pile of clothes to clean them.

Hoping it would dispose of the stench, you rubbed a little bit of soap on them and dunked the clothing under the water. You laughed a bit as you washed Yoongi's disgusting clothes.

"You definitely smelled worse," You spoke aloud with a smirk after cleaning his and laying them out on the shore.

Unfortunately you hadn't exactly thought about what you would change into and were forced to put wet clothes on. You shivered at the uncomfortable feeling of wet clothing but found you could do nothing about it. 

As you were wringing the water out of your hair, you heard a rustling of leaves and a few irritated mutters as Yoongi tripped into the shore from the jungle covering his eyes with his hands. He refused to look through his fingers until you were definitely fully clothed as to not be labeled wrongly by you once more.

You laughed a little at his somehow cute actions and assured him that he could look.

"Don't worry I'm done. You can take a turn now."

He slowly lowered his hands and breathed out in relief.

"OK, so I found a blackberry bush a little ways away. I marked the path with branches, so if you follow it you can go right there and come back. Pick a bunch and put them some where so we can eat them tonight. DON'T go off the path chasing a butterfly or something."

"Alright alright, I won't. I'm not a kid you know," You agreed, his words slightly angering you but the prospect of food inviting enough so that you nodded to all of his orders. After slipping on your flip flops, you turned around to start following Yoongi's path; the leaves crunching underfoot as you neared the fruit filled bush.

Your trek was short lived however when you saw a giant spider sitting in the middle of the floor and was forced to run back; not thinking clearly in your fear and biting your tongue to stop your screams; praying that Yoongi could dispose of it.

Just as you were about to erupt onto the shore however you froze at what you saw, your mind screaming again but now in a different way.

Yoongi was lifting up his shirt and you managed to just catch a small peak before your better judgment won you over and you clenched your eyes shut; squeaking in surprise at the sight of him shirtless; a full view of his side profile which allowed you to see his abdomen and back. You whirled back around and tried to cool your flaming cheeks but the damage had already been done.

He was unfairly attractive, and it made you angry. It's harder to bicker and win arguments with someone who's super hot. Whatever, seeing him take his shirt off did absolutely nothing for you... so why could you not stop thinking about it?

"You've really done it now," You whispered harshly to yourself, still fanning your cheeks as you went back to deal with the spider yourself. Thankfully it was gone and you breathed out in relief at it's absence. 

Finally you managed to find the blackberry bush and almost cried as you stuffed a bunch of the fruit in your mouth. Although it pained you, you ultimately decided to carry the blackberries in your shirt, willing to sacrifice the stain for food. 

"Yoongi I'm back!" You called out as you returned, wanting to alert him this time before you intruded. You just hoped he hadn't noticed you earlier. 

"OK." He replied simply. You walked out to see him standing in the lake fully clothed holding his pocket knife. You looked at him in curiosity and, still holding the blackberries in your shirt, walked to the edge of the water.

"What are you doing?" You asked, careful to not drop the fruit.

"Trying to get food."

You understood immediately that he was attempting to catch a fish and watched wide eyed as he crouched a little lower in the water before unsuccessfully swiping downwards; a large wave erupting and spraying him in the eyes as he blindly tried to lunge for a fish. You laughed at his failure and he shot you a glare.

"How about you try huh?" He threw your way.

"I can't I'm holding the blackberries. Don't worry; I'll cheer for you!"

"No."

"OK fine. I'm mentally cheering for you anyway."

Yoongi sighed feeling the pressure of your presence and ran a hand across the his forehead to move the streams of water dripping into his eyes from his wet hair. Your eyes watched him a bit too intently and you looked down with a blush.

This was for sure one of the weirdest and most eventful days of your life. Yoongi struggled but finally after a few more dives into the water pulled up a thrashing fish that did it's best to escape his grasp but ultimately failed. 

He turned to hold it up for you to see and you smiled at him, begging the taste of fish to reach your mouth sooner rather than later. 

"I'd clap for you but I'm holding the fruit!" You called to him, and this admittedly caused him to smile softly before dropping it quickly and looking away from you before hauling the decent sized fish to shore. 

"Come on let's get back so I can try to cook this," He urged you, picking up some of the clothes with the hand that wasn't holding the fish by the mouth. 

"Awe." You sighed, looking at the waterfall. "I didn't even get to jump off the waterfall or explore it."

"Yah are you crazy?! No jumping off the waterfall!"

"Fine dad whatever. It's not even that high though..."

"No."

"OK OK. Let's go."

~~~

That night, you were extremely thankful. Sure Yoongi was normally in a bad mood and never wanted you to do anything and thought you were stupid but... he really was secretly only wanting the best for you. He had promised food and you were eating it happily, feeling forever in debt as the hunger pains died. You had felt close to starving before and now, once again, Yoongi had saved you.

You felt tremendous guilt and felt as if you owed him an apology.

"I'm sorry." You spoke up, the glow of the fire only slightly illuminating his face as he looked up from his portion of the fish to meet your apologetic eyes. "I start fights and make fun of you too much. I really... I really am glad you're with me here because you're right, I'd probably be dead right now."

You felt embarrassed and didn't want to meet his eyes after speaking up; the slight moment of silence deafening. 

"Are you sure you're sorry?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow in your direction.

You looked up in shock.

"Huh?"

"Well, I'm assuming that we're going to keep making fun of each other and fighting. So, are you really sorry? Normally when people are sorry they promise not to do something again. I also could apologize to you and I want to... but I won't. Because I know I'm still going to be snappy with you. And you're still going to get on my nerves. So let's save this sappy conversation and just keep doing what we always do because we both know it isn't going to change anytime soon."

"Oh." A smile found eventually found its way to your face as his words sunk in and you decided that he was right. There was no need to apologize because you both knew that you needed the bickering as a sort of comfort and didn't even mean it most of the time. "OK then, I won't say sorry. But I'll say thank you. Thank you Yoongi."

He didn't say anything in response except loudly clear his throat and look upwards at the stars. You couldn't see how flustered you had made him through the dark but internally, Min Yoongi was a mess at your gratefulness. It made him happy and he didn't know why. He decided to change the subject.

"Speaking of sappy conversations, I guess I should have asked about this awhile ago but... You and rich private island guy? How did your romance spark or whatever?"

Yoongi forced himself to have this conversation with you knowing it was necessary as your captain and... companion? Although he wasn't sure if he wanted to hear anything to do with your fiance.

Your face immediately fell at the mention.

"I told you. It was an arranged marriage."

"So? You still had to meet him and agree and what not right?"

You were silent and Yoongi looked down from the sky to look back at your face that seemed sad and desperate for something he was unsure of. This was an expression he hadn't seen from you since you had first met him on the boat.

"No. I haven't met him. And I had to agree... but not without really knowing anything about him."

He blinked in surprise and you sighed.

"Yoongi I've told you this before. Right before I strangled you... remember?"

"I was worried about other things at the time obviously," He shot back, then softened his voice when he realized exactly what you were saying. "So... you don't know anything about him? And you were going to marry him in a week?"

"Pretty much." You agreed, laughing sadly. "It's funny to think that if I wasn't here with you I'd be married right now living in a luxurious mansion."

Yoongi tried to gauge from your facial expressions what he should say next but gave up, choosing instead just to assure you that everything would work out.

"I don't know why you would agree to something like that rich girl but... don't worry. You won't be stuck with me forever and you'll soon be back to the comfortable life you'll have with your fiance. I'm going to do my best to keep us alive and signal for help. Just trust me OK? Your wedding will work out."

"Thank you Yoongi," You told him once more with a smile, although internally you still felt a bit broken. You wanted to say so much more, like how you somehow preferred being stranded with him than married to a stranger, but for then, you stayed silent and grateful.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

359K 16.2K 41
"You know, you are more of a freak than I thought." "I didn't know I am like that either. Guess I have to blame you for this." "Believe me babygirl t...
7.7K 815 28
All it took was one look to decide she wanted the quiet loner sitting in the moonlight. There is something about him, something she can't quite put a...
34.8K 1.3K 28
How does it feel ? when your own family uses you for their fancy life style and all comfort but don't give a dang about you ?... Heartbroken ? Right...
37.9K 2.4K 47
This is a story of two people with their own troubled past and present who see no chances in changing that, neither when they were proposed to get ma...