Rydia's Last Cure

By kourtnienet

Growing pains just leveled up, thanks to a sylph casting a spell on this summoner-girl's internal clock. Bi a... More

♥ Part One: Childhood Ends ♥
Leviathan
Shiva
Haste
Ifrit
Asura
Titan
Chocobo
Rob
Hero
Feelings of Fire & Ice
Dark World
Echidna
Can't Go Back
Two Princes
Cockatrice
Float
Sylphs
Moogles
Trancy
♥ Part Three: White Magic Ends ♥
Lagoon
Bahamut
King of Kings
Sweet Parting
Calcabrina
Golbez
♥️ The End ♥️

♥ Part Two: Adulthood Begins ♥

57 4 0
By kourtnienet

I originally planned for this project to end in June, but I'm having so much fun, I extended my novelette-length idea to accommodate a fanfiction novella.

So I'm going to write more in July, then edit through August, so I can finish up in September.

What's the difference between a novelette, novella, and novel? Length, really. While a novelette is under 10K words—and Part One: Childhood Ends was 9,866 words, as of the second (edited) version!—a novella is 20K to 60K words, while a novel—like two of my other Wattpad projects, Emergence No. 7 and A Shapeshifter, Cyborg, & Wisp—is meant to feel substantial, 60K words or more.

Of course, that's only my take on it.

National Novel Writing Month asks writers to aim for 50K words, and other sources suggest different lengths, too; none of that word count stuff is set in stone. It's all just guidelines.

In case you wanted to see the outline I made for this project, it's on my Launchpad (external link).

But I'm not sure if I'm going to follow it through to the end? I like to give my characters a long leash. If they wander off for awhile, that's okay. I can always edit nonsense out later.

This is the first fanfiction I've written since early childhood (elementary school!), when I tried to convert the beginning of FFIV—with Cecil and the Red Wings, flying back to Baron—into a school play; I didn't think it'd bring me this much joy.

I hope you're enjoying reading it as much as I enjoy writing it! Remember to star (⭐) chapters if you like 'em, because that's how other readers find them. 🤓

♥♥♥

First draft: June 18

Second draft: August 18

Third draft: September 18

Word count: 296

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

463K 66K 60
Little Sember stole readers' hearts in "Siena." Join her now, ten years later, as she embarks on a quest of her own to save her people, and to finall...
20.3K 469 12
You're just an intern, one underpaid and overworked as any other. But you're also going to get into that mans fabulously crafted pants if it is the l...
123K 8.2K 55
Five Star Reviews for Atlantis Academy: "Omg this book was amazing I couldn't put it down or stop reading. I carried it with me open on my phone whil...
2.1K 31 14
[ONGOING. REQUESTS CLOSED] Feel free to read and comment, critiques are appreciated. Everything here is based on whatever information I can receive f...