Lightweight. | ✔

By Chanella_writes

[UNEDITED STORY] "If you're like me, then when you fall...you fall hard, and its almost impossible to get bac... More

Lightweight.
Main Characters Inspiration
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
To The Seeker
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
After Lightweight
Editing Announcement, New Book

Chapter Eleven.

2.5K 129 16
By Chanella_writes

Kyle killed the engine and I glanced at my home. The living room lights were dimly lit and I instantly knew my father was home. I chewed my lips in thought about yesterday and this morning and felt a bit nervous about going inside.

"Hey," Kyle says grabbing by hands. I met his gorgeous orbs, "Everything will be okay." He assured. I had briefly told Kyle what happened with my father and even though he didn't have much to say, he did manage to enlighten whatsoever hope was left in me.

I nod and smiled at him. He stared at me, flicked is his eyes to my lips and just as I thought about it, brushed his lips against mines ever so lightly. My eyes fell shut, as I savour the moment and my heart beats did their usual dance of fluttering.

"Be my girlfriend Lyla," He whispered, his forehead pressed against mines.

I gasp lightly and opened my eyes, staring at his lips. My mind swirled at his question. I was honestly scared but I really wanted this too. Everything about being with Kyle felt so right. "No games, no lies, no cheating...I-I can't handle another-"

He lifts his head and stared at me  seriously. "You can trust me." He states. I met his eyes again and swooned at how the green swirled within his iris. "Give me the chance to prove that to you." He continued.

I hesitated, but finally smiled. "Okay...I'm yours."

*-*-*-*-*

My father was laying in the sofa when I entered. I didn't notice him at first and had inclined against the front door with a wide grin and reddened cheeks. My mind was constantly spinning around the intense kiss Kyle had just given me now that we're together. My lips were tingling at the feeling, the way they crashed against his.

Suddenly, as I was touching my swollen bottom lip, my father's voice pulled me from Love Land. "So, you guys finally kissed huh?" He opened.

I gasped and snapped my eyes to his. He was propped on his elbow now with the TV remote laying on top of his chest. "Dad. Hi." I said shakily.

He raised a brow. "Are you in a relationship?"

I chewed my lips. "Is that a problem?" I asked softly.

"Considering how the last one ended, any father would be concerned." He admits laying flat on his back again.

I sighed and walked into the living room. I dropped my bag onto the ground, then joined him on the sofa, by placing his feet on my lap. "Dad, Kyle isn't like that. You don't have to worry about him." I reassured.

His face expression remained firm. "There's something off about that boy Lyla. And I intend on finding out what it is before your heart gets broken...again." He states.

I sighed in defeat and decided to just watch some television with him before bed. There wasn't any way of changing his mind unless he proved it for himself. And I was confident enough in Kyle to not be worried that my father might be wrong.

*-*-*-*-*

The following couple of days at school passed on pretty calmly. Strangely, since Kyle came into my life, the sense of loneliness has left me. I no longer looked around school as a lost puppy, instead I had someone to look forward to seeing everyday.

Alicia- against her brother's demands- stuck around me too. She would always sit beside me in whatsoever class we had together. I thought she was really cool, even though we weren't that close.

When Friday came around, school ended early to accommodate the swim meet that was being held at the Academy.

I decided to take Kyle to Tart Tat Cafe, wanting the sweet Mexican man to meet him. I will never forget the look on Kyle's face when Tart pulled him into a large bear hug.

"Don't kill him Tart," I laughed pulling Kyle out of Tart's hold. Kyle's cheeks were tinted pink and his plaid shirt was slightly crushed.

"Forgive me darling, I'm just excited for you." Tart says, his eyes studying Kyle with admiration.

I smiled. "If only my Dad would react the same as you." I said regretfully.

"Jeffrey is just overprotective. Tell you what, go have a seat and I'll send over some food. On the house for of course." Tart offered.

I told him thanks and Kyle and I took an empty red booth nearby. Kyle didn't relax until we sat and I looked at him in question. "Are you okay?"

He blinked as if he came out of a daze. "I don't know...I've been crushed in places one should not be crushed." He admits. I paused staring at him, then finally let out the bubbling storm of laughter erupting from the depths of my stomach.

"Y-you look so-o stressed!" I chortled slapping the table. A flash suddenly blinked across my eyes and my laughter died when I realised he took a photo of me. "Kyle!" I shrieked reaching for his phone.

He smirked and pulled me by my outstretched hand and quickly pecked my lips. I blushed profusely. "You're cute when you're laughing." He complimented.

"Only when I'm laughing?" I asked teasingly.

He grinned. "Mostly."

I gasped and slapped his chest. "Jerk."

He flashed his hair and rested his hand over my shoulder. His warmth radiated onto me and I smiled in content. "I've been meaning to ask, the painting, when will you finish?"

My mind shoved me to my little studio at home and the undone painting of Kyle there. I had already sketch his image and had began to fill in certain areas. My challenge was finding the colour for his eyes.

"I'm not sure. Your eyes are giving me quite the challenge." I frowned.

His brows raised. "They're that unique?"

"Don't get cocky." I scolded.

He laughed softly. "I'm looking forward to seeing it."

I propped my elbow on the table and rest my jaw in my palms, staring at him. I could see the students from the school nearby filling in, and tried not the groan at how loud they were being. "Why do you ask?"

"Because, I want to paint you too. I want one whole day, dedicated to just painting you." He admits.

I felt excitement bubbling in me at the thought of Kyle painting me. After seeing his master piece,  I would love to be painted by him. His style of painting really seems familiar though.

I nodded excitedly. "I would love that."

Tart Tat came over couple of minutes after with two plates of cheesy burgers and fries and I chortled when Kyle stiffened at his presence. He didn't relax until Tart left and I couldn't help but think the Mexican traumatized my boyfriend.

"At least he's a good cook." He mumbled biting into his burger.

"He is...by the way, I'm meeting Mr. Harrington tomorrow." I announced, chewing on my fries.

He glanced at his plate. "Really? Where?"

"There's a restaurant uptown called Vermont. We'll be meeting there. I'm kind of nervous." I admit. It was the first time I'll ever meet the man face-to-face. I didn't know what to expect.

Kyle frown and finally met my eyes. "I thought you wanted to be the face of Vision."

I sighed. "Its not that I don't want to be the face. Its all just a very big step for me you know. I can't help but wonder why me though."

"You're an amazing artist Lyla. Besides, your painting are scoring some huge deals. You're in demand in Europe right now. This is the perfect opportunity to get you and your father back on track again. Please don't turn down the offer." His points made sense and really tempted me to agree. But that would require me moving to Spain. What would happen to us?

"Kyle you do know that means I'd have to move to Spain right?" I asked seriously. I didn't want to start another relationship with someone else again.

"So?"

"So what about us?"

His eyes soften and he took my hands into his. "Lyla, I'll be right by your side." He says softly.

I scoffed. "How Kyle? Your dad has a company in New York. Like you said before, you have obligations there too. You can't just abandon him because of a girl." I argued firmly.

His hands tightened over mines. "You're not just a girl...and you can't just give up this opportunity for me either. We'll work this out Lyla, trust me, you're worrying for nothing." He says calmly staring at me expectantly.

However I was still reluctant. "Kyle-"

"Lyla, promise me you will not pass on this opportunity. Promise me." He begged.

I looked away from him nodding my head hesitantly. I wasn't sure. I really wasn't sure.

Phew!
Thoughts?
Thanks for reading everyone!
Vote and Comment below!
-With Love, Chan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 6K 39
"When I first met you, you were a complete stranger. But through time, I thought I really started to get to know you. To know the way you react to th...
39.3K 1.1K 10
This is a sample of my published book THE BOY WHO PAINTS ME. If you like what you have read and would like to read more then you can download it for...
589K 17.4K 102
"If you want to try again, I've learned a few things since then and now I'm sure... I would make it so, so good for you..." Luke pulls back, a troubl...
10.2K 570 52
When all hope is lost, what can one do? What happens when someone you love changes and becomes the person you most fear? Do you hide? Do you speak up...