The Light To His Darkness

By bonezzzzzz

In which Mason James finds himself falling for the innocent and naive girl named Lily Rose. When Lily's pare... More

Description & Cast
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
The End
First Time
College
Second Book?
Sequel
help plz
plz read
New book!!

34

176K 4.4K 3.5K
By bonezzzzzz

M A S O N
M O N D A Y

Matt
they know where she's located and i have a feeling they'll be going after her soon

I sigh in frustration as I read the text.

Fuck.

The assholes are definitely going after Lily soon, I know it.

I can't let anything happen to her. I just can't. If something does, I don't know what i'd do. She's too innocent and naive, I just know it would ruin her. That's why I haven't told her the truth about me being in a gang.

I can't risk her getting hurt.

The people going after Lily is our rival gang. They want to be on top, and since me and my gang already have that position, they'll do anything to take it from us. The title isn't easy to give away, in fact it's impossible unless they somehow grow and become more skilled. But they haven't. And the fuckers never will.

For years they've been looking for something to hold against me. Like I said, my weakness.

I didn't have one until Lily came along.

Now they're gonna use her to try and get my people and I to back down from being the number one gang in America.

You'd think that there would be more than one group trying to go after mine, but no. Just the Bloodhounds. They're the only ones stupid enough.

Every other gang in the this country actually respects us. They know their place.

The Spades, short for Ace of Spades, is what we call ourselves. Once you've joined, you have to get a tattoo of the ace of spades card. It's tradition. One that's been passed down ever since my grandfather created this gang.

Everyone has it, and there are probably around two thousand members all over the country. Which is one of the main reasons we're number one.

I send Matt a quick text back.

Mason
make sure some of my men are guarding her house. her parents could be targeted too.

I hit send before finally getting out of my car. Lily decided to ride with Carter this morning so they could go get coffee together.

Like I care. I can just get coffee all by myself.

Since I got to school late, everybody is already in class. I'm heading to my first period when my phone goes off.

Lils
Are you here today? ❤️

Mason
yes princess, just got here <3

She doesn't answer, so i'm guessing she's paying attention to the teacher or talking to Carter.

~

It's finally second period, which is also when I see Lily.

As soon as I leave the classroom, I spot her waiting across the hall. l make my way over and grab her hips from behind, turning her around to face me, so I can wrap my arms around her for a hug. She doesn't hesitate to return it, after quietly greeting me.

When I pull away a few seconds later, Lily looks deep in thought. "What are you thinking about?"

She quickly snaps out of it and shakes her head, tugging me along so we can head to our next class. "Nothing."

I send her a look, so she knows I can tell she's lying. "Come on Lil, I know you. And you know that you can talk to me about anything."

Lily begins to play with my hand nervously, just as we reach the classroom. "Last night, in the car..."

I raise an eyebrow when she doesn't continue. Though I notice her glancing around anxiously. "What? What happened in the car, baby?" I don't recall anything bad happening, or anything that would make her act like this.

"I'll just tell you later." She answers quietly, before attempting to walk into the classroom.

But before she can, I quickly bring my hand up and place it on the door frame, right next to her head, to where she's basically trapped.

"Tell me. Now." I whisper, leaning down slightly so I can see her face, since she's so obviously avoiding my eyes.

I can tell that, whatever it is, it's bothering her. And I don't like it when my princess is upset about something.

When she stays silent, I glance into the classroom, just to be sure the teacher isn't paying attention, before I grab her hand and begin walking towards the front of the school.

Lily tugs on my arm, in attempts of getting me to stop. "Wait, Masey, where are we going?"

I pause and turn around to face her. "Something's upsetting, or bothering you, so whatever it is, we're gonna talk about it. No ones around, go ahead and tell me."

She looks hesitant. "M-Maybe we should wait until later."

I shake my head and instead of her hand, I hold onto her waist, so I can gently push her back against the lockers. "Lils, we don't need to. I'm right here. Talk to me." I say softly.

After a few moments of silence, she looks down shyly, before finally spitting it out. "Last night in the car, when I was half asleep, I heard you say you love me."

My eyes widen at her confession.

What? I didn't think she heard me. I thought she was asleep.

"Did you mean it?" She asks in a small voice, and I now know why she was so nervous.

Of course I meant it. But Lily wasn't supposed to find out yet. I had a plan in my head of how I was gonna tell her. It was gonna be special.

I run my fingers through my hair, showing that i'm the nervous one now, as I try to come up with a response. I decide not to say anything, and instead grab her hand again so we can continue to walk down the hallway.

"M-Mason?" She stutters quietly.

I ignore her, despite how badly I wanna reassure her that I really did mean it.

"Mason, please-"

Unable to hear her pleading any longer, I interrupt by turning around and cupping her face, so I can lean down and softly peck her lips. "I just need you to be patient, okay?"

Once we finally reach my car, I open the passenger door for her, before heading over to my side and getting in to start it up.

The reason I haven't answered yet is because I need to tell her somewhere special. I'm gonna bring her to where we had our first date and where I asked her to be my girlfriend. Another reason I haven't said anything, is because i'm nervous as fuck.

What if she doesn't love me back? What if-

My thoughts are cut off by the sound of sniffling.

I glance over at Lily and immediately feel guilty. She's looking down, while fiddling with her fingers. I feel even worse when I see a few tears roll down her cheeks.

"Why are you crying, sweetheart?" I place my hand on her thigh.

She quickly shakes her head and pushes my hand away. "You don't love me."

My heart breaks and I decide to just say it. If it'll stop her from hurting then I have to. I can't stand seeing her cry. "Of course I love you Lily. I have for a while now."

Lily's suspicious gaze snaps up to meet mine. "Why didn't you say that when I asked you then?"

I smile sheepishly. "I wanted it to be special when I told you. Not in our schools hallway."

Her eyes widen in realization. "Oh."

My heart practically breaks into two when she doesn't say it back. Does she feel the same?

I return my hand to her thigh and give it a gentle squeeze. "Do you...Do you love me?" I ask, trying not to sound so nervous.

She giggles and squeezes my hand. "I do. I love you so much."

A huge smile appears on my face, one I can't hide. "I love you so much more, Lils."

She blushes at my words, and glances out the window. "Where are we going now?"

I shrug. "Wherever you want."

Her eyes light up. "Can we go swimming?"

I furrow my eyebrows. "Are you sure that's a good idea after what happened in the wave pool?"

"Yes, silly. Your pool doesn't have big waves in it!" She giggles.

I reluctantly agree with her and turn the car around so we're now heading to my house.

Suddenly Lily's phone goes off, so she pulls it out to answer. "Hi Carter." Carter says something loudly on the other end, making her frown. "We're just going to Mason's house to swim. You can join us if you want to."

I mentally sigh. I was hoping it would just be us two.

"Yeah, Noah can come too."

I chuckle silently to myself as she says bye and hangs up. Lily is too clueless.

"Masey, guess what?"

"What baby?" I ask, even though i'm almost positive I know what she's gonna say.

"Carter and Noah are coming too. That's okay, right?" She asks, only a little too late.

"Yeah, of course." I smile down at her as I pull into my driveway, unable to say no when she looks at me like that.

Once we're inside the house, Lily drags me upstairs to change.

I help her choose a bathing suit, while she chooses mine, after begging for me to let her.

My eyes widen when I see Lily.

She's facing the other direction, as she pulls the top over her head. My eyes slowly scan the back of her body and I gulp.

Well damn.

I notice she's struggling and walk over until i'm right behind her. "Need some help baby?"

She gasps, and is about to turn around, but I grip her hips to stop her. I close my eyes, only imagining what I could've seen. Her bikini top still isn't on, so I bring my hands up and slide it down the rest of the way until she's covered.

I make sure it's on comfortably before leaning down and kissing her shoulder. I wrap my arms around her waist as I slowly trail kisses to her neck, nudging her head to the side, so I can reach it better.

She tightly grips my hands that are resting on her stomach. "Masey..."

"Hm?" I mumble against her neck, moving my hands back to her hips.

I turn her around and immediately crash my lips onto hers. She reluctantly starts to move her lips with mine, while I pull her flush against my chest and deepen the kiss.

The door slamming shut downstairs makes Lily jump, but I can tell it's just Carter and Noah by the voices following after it. I tighten my hold on Lily when she attempts to pull away.

"Mason, they're coming up here."

I just shrug and trail more kisses down her neck, even sucking on a few spots, in hopes of leaving a few hickeys. 

I hear the door to my bedroom slam open, an annoyed groan following after.

"Are you kidding me? I thought we came here to swim." Carter complains, as I pull away from Lily.

I stare down at Lily as she blushes. My eyes travel down to her neck and I chuckle at what I see. Mission accomplished.

She looks up at me curiously. "What?"

I lead her over to the full length mirror in my room, and move her so she's looking at herself, while I stand behind her with my arms wrapped around her waist.

She gasps as she looks at her neck.

I've given her hickeys before, but they've never been that dark.

I stare at them with a proud smirk.

Lily turns around and glares at me. "Mason!" She exclaims, smacking my chest. "Make them go away!" She demands, turning back around to look at them again.

I chuckle and lean down to kiss her shoulder, but she quickly pushes me away. "No! No more kisses for you."

My eyes widen. "You're joking, right?"

She shakes her head and crosses her arms over her chest.

I hear Noah chuckle from behind us. "Good luck man."

I glare at him through the mirror before looking back down at Lily. "But you can't do that, princess. How am I gonna live without your kisses?"

Lily only shrugs as she walks over to Carter. "Come on Carter, let's go to the pool."

I stare at the door she just walked out of in shock. "Did she just..."

Noah snickers. "Yep."

We follow after them to the backyard, and I immediately see Lily with her feet dangling off the side of the pool, watching Carter swim around, and laughing when she tries to do a handstand.

Lily notices us and her eyes light up for a second when she sees me, but she tries to cover it with a glare.

I smile at her and shake my head, knowing she'll forgive me soon. I walk over, and i'm about to sit down next to her, when suddenly i'm pushed in.

I swim up to the surface, immediately cursing at Noah. "Fuck you!"

I look over at Lily to see her giggling, so I jokingly glare and swim over, to where i'm standing right in front of her.

She stops laughing and stands up from her spot. "Nuh-uh, I know what you're gonna do."

I raise an eyebrow. "And what is that?" I ask, leaning my arms on the side of the pool.

She glares and points her finger at me. "You were gonna pull me in!"

I gasp dramatically. "What? I would never!"

She giggles and shakes her head before walking over to Carter, who is now laying down on one of the chairs.

I watch her with a smile on my face.

I am so in love with this girl.

"Mason catch!" I hear, before a football is suddenly being thrown at me.

Luckily I catch it right before it hits me in the face, but I scowl at Noah as he jumps into the pool.

We throw the ball back and forth for a little bit, while the girls tan.

"Masey." I hear Lily's voice whine from the stairs at the shallow end.

I turn around and see her holding her hands out in my direction, letting me know she wants me to hold her.

"Hang on baby, i'm coming." I say, and toss the ball to Noah before swimming over to her.

I grab her waist and place her on my hip. She wraps her legs around me and her arms around my neck.

I walk back over to where I was before and continue to toss the ball with Noah, as Lily hangs onto me like a damn koala bear. It's adorable.

She rests her head on my chest and traces random figures on my collarbone as she hums a random tune.

After a few more minutes, Noah decides to take a break. I glance down at Lily to see her just looking around.

I grin mischievously and suddenly go under water, forcing her to come with me, since she's still hanging on. I only stay under for a few seconds before pushing myself back up.

Lily gasps once we are out of the water, and moves the hair out of her face with a glare. She then suddenly unwraps herself from around me and backs away.

My eyes widen, since I know for a fact she still can't swim, and I immediately grab onto her again. "What do you think you're doing?"

She giggles at how worried I am. "Sorry."

I roll my eyes, leaning forward to kiss her cheek. "I love you."

Lily grins at my words. "I love you too."

And then we're both splashed by water.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 4.5K 37
"Breathtakingly beautiful."he whispers against my ear. I can hear the anticipation in his voice. His lips crash up against mine, this being my first...
562 1 33
Luna hasn't exactly have the easiest childhood, one where she could recall good memories. Only anger and violence. She's angry and lashes out at any...
547K 9.3K 23
Lily's bullies came back to her life after making highschool a living hell for her. She wants to escape them! They trap her She wants to stay away fr...
220K 7.8K 64
"You expect me to forget everything?" His voice comes out as a whisper. "To act like it doesn't hurt me to see you with him or that I'm still not cra...