Isildilia.(Book 1 of the Whit...

By wingsanddragons

Being different was never a good thing for Isildilia Different got you noticed. ... More

Chapter 1- Discovery at the river
Chapter 2- A street meeting.
Chapter 3- unlikely encounter
Chapter 4-The man with wings
Chapter 5- escape
chapter 6- trip to the palace
chapter 7-painful discovery
chapter 8- the secret is out
chapter 9- identity revealed
chapter 10- start of a long journey
Chapter 11- The wolves of the okina forest.
Chapter 12- Opikina
chapter 13- a dangerous lie
Chapter 14- the Flower Spirits and the Rogue Limim
chapter 15- the general
Chapter 16- Lord Yui and Amithae
Chapter 17- the border between worlds
Chapter 18- the black wolves
Chapter 19 A Dance for me
Chapter 20- Bad communication
Chapter 21- The giant's bridge
Chapter 22- journey up river
Chapter 23- Spirits make a change
Chapter 25- the true nature of things
Chapter 26- the great gathering
Chapter 27- a long days work ahead.
Chapter 28- The singing of children
Chapter 29- Reckless mistake
Chapter 30- The start of all the danger
Chapter 31- Something they didn't expect to see
Chapter 32- I'm willing to sacrifice.
Chapter 33- True test of survival
Chapter 34- what did they do?
Chapter 35- The truth is out
Chapter 36-FINAL- The Visions
Isildilia.A handy pronouciation guide.

Chapter 24- an unexpected reunion

2.3K 162 25
By wingsanddragons

   Isildilia woke before the dawn. She looked around the clearing to see that Valin wasn’t there. She sat up and listened. She could hear the sound of Valin’s flute. It was far away, filtering through the trees. She got up and followed the sound until she found him. He was sitting in front of a broken sapling; its life had almost completely ebbed away.

    He sat crossed legged, eyes closed as he played. She stood and watched, fascinated. As Valin played, she could also hear him humming deep in his throat at the same time. The sapling shuddered, and then the broken stem snapped back together. It gave another small jerk, and then its braches suddenly became embraced in a headdress of leaves. Isildilia thought that was all he was going to do, but he continued playing. The sapling suddenly started to swell at an incredible rate. Within seconds it was nearly as tall as the surrounding trees, but it continued to grow past, so that she could no longer see the top and its trunk was twice as thick as any other.   Its roots burst out and tore at the dry ground, forcing her to step back.  Slowly, it ground to a halt. The whole thing was over within a minute. She was impressed. No wonder Valin held his title.

      She looked around for Valin, but he was no longer on the floor. She ran right up to the newly grown oak and stared up through the branches

    She could just see him, nested on one of the larger branches, which she assumed had grown up directly from beneath him, taking him up with it.

   Once the tree had finally stopped growing, Valin stood up and took a tremendous leap to the floor, where he landed nimbly, as if the jump was no more than a few feet. When he noticed her he almost leapt back up again.

   “How long have you been there?” he asked, putting his hand across his heart in shock.

   “Not very long. What were you doing?”

   Valin placed a hand on the new tree, “if you must know I was growing a new guardian for this part of the forest, as it is part of my duty.”

   “Why that tree? Why not any of these ones, they seemed much stronger.”

   “I don’t just pick any tree. I’ve been sitting here for the last hour, touching the deep conscious of every tree in this area and found this one to be most suitable for the role.” Isildilia shrugged, confused by the whole thing.  Something shot over head through the network of branches. She couldn’t see what it was, but she heard it call out.

   “Nijli nathize unt tatk grόli.” To which Valin responded the same.

   “What does that mean exactly?” she asked. “I head you say it before to Jolkef but I only understood one or two words.” Valin thought for a moment, and then slapped his head in frustration.

   “How could I be so stupid, so forgetful? Here we are only a day from the mountains and you can't even speak out dialect fluently. Oh of all the things I chose to neglect. There’s been so much commotion that there hasn’t been time. The combat training could have waited, but this. Oh, what problem there’s going to be, when you can’t even fluently address your own people, or your parents for that matter? They will have my hide.”

     Why didn’t I think of that? White Lily interrupted. I should have practiced with you Isildilia shook her head; a habit she developed when White Lily murmured inside her.

   “So what are we going to do? We don’t have much time.”

   “I could teach you phrases and words individually.”

   That would take too long. Isildilia told him White Lily’s opinion.

   “I agree, far too long. Especially for someone like you and then there’s Dakelo...” he groaned. “...oh they will be mad at me for this.”

   “What other options are there?” He scratched his chin; something she noticed about Valin recently, was that he never grew a beard, not even stubble, whereas Dakelo had to keep shaving now using one of his knives.  Valin nodded to himself, coming to a conclusion.

   “It not an option I want to do, but we are rather short on time.”

   “Why do I get the feeling I'm not going to like it?”

    He gave her one of his smiles. “It basically is like branding the knowledge directly into your mind.” She un-intentionally placed her hands on top of her head.

   “Will it hurt?”

   ‘This isn’t something I do regularly, I have no idea. But it will not take long.’

   “What kind of magic does this fall into?” she asked curiously.

   “None of ours, if that’s what you’re implying. During my own lingering time with the humans, I learnt some interesting techniques snooping in amongst the human magicians.”

   “That’s why I saw you at the palace one time?” she realised. He nodded, but still kept his hands out ready. She sighed, “fine then, if you declare it to be necessary.” Valin took a couple of steps towards her. Isildilia bit her lip and started to shake.

   Don't worry. White Lily comforted her. Just relax.

   “Now I'm only going to put basic phrases and words in your head. Anything else you will have to learn yourself. I don’t want to risk cramming too much in one go.” Isildilia nodded. She braced herself against the tree behind her. Valin placed both hands on either side of her head. She could feel herself blushing, which made Valin smile. A few seconds later he pulled away. She didn’t even feel a thing.

   “That’s it?” Valin nodded, dazed. He took a few staggered steps backwards, before his eyes rolled back in his head. Isildilia only had a few seconds to react as Valin’s legs collapsed underneath him.

   What's wrong?

   Well obviously magic of that sort would knock him out, even more so since he just grew a whole new guardian. White Lily pointed out.

   You could have warned me.

   “You should have thought of that.”

   “Froyza!” she called out, knowing that he would be able to hear.  Few seconds later, he came bounding through the forest. Not far behind, Dakelo came charging through.

   “What happened...to him?” he said when she saw Isildilia struggling to pull Valin up.

   “Never mind that, get over here and help me.” They carried Valin back to their camp and placed him in his sleeping sack.

   “Now, tell me what happened?” Dakelo demanded. Isildilia told him. “Oh,” was all he had to say on the matter. “Shall we go explore?”

   “Now?”

   He looked down at Valin. “Best time to do it.” She chuckled.

   “As long as we don’t go too far. Froyza, stay here.” Froyza laid down next to Valin, head between his paws. The two of them took off. They reached the bottom of the new guardian tree and looked at each other.

   “Want to climb it?” she asked. Dakelo smiled. Dakelo helped her reach the first branch and then she reached down to pull him up. They scrambled up the branches like a pair of squirrels, but Isildilia was much more efficient at doing so. At one point Dakelo slipped off, but Isildilia managed to grab his ankle using her tail, like a third hand, and help him to right himself. The top view was fantastic. Despite being at the very top of the tree, the branches were still thick, and strong enough, to hold their weight with ease.

   To the North-east were the mountains. The largest was so tall that it was lost in the clouds. Each one had a snow covered tip, like they were accidently had white paint dropped on them, that or a very large bird passed over.  There were about a half dozen miles from the nearest mountain base.

   “I’ve never seen anything that tall before.” She said, leaning up to look. A large gust of wind suddenly shook the tree causing them both to grasp on tightly.

   “That was close,” said Dakelo. Isildilia smiled. In her head she was counting all the species she could see in the skies, and resting in the trees near her. Behind her came a loud hiss. They both ducked into the safety of the branches as a large, blue sky-weaver flew overhead. Its long, slender body had no wings, so it relied on the gas in its lungs and stomach to stay afloat as it twisted and turned in the movement of the wind. Like most creatures, it was heading north-east, to the mountains. They both clambered out when it was safe.

  But it wasn’t long before something else approached.

   “Nijli nathize unt tatk grόlie.” Another sky weaver flew overhead, this one a female.

   “Nijli nathize unt tatk grόlie,”  she repeated back. It let out a bellow, and then continued on its way.

   “What does that mean?” Dakelo asked.

   “Nijli nathize unt tatk grόli, translated means. ‘Live long my life brother.’ Grόlie is sister. It’s a traditional greeting among them, even though most are nowhere near related.” Isildilia was slightly taken aback by this sudden burst of knowledge. Where that suddenly came from, she wondered.

  There was a crack as the branch below her broke. Dakelo’s reaction was a split second too slow as he tried to grab her hand. She uttered a quick yell before it was cut short.  She suddenly found herself dangling upside down, paused in mid fall, her face inches from a thick branch. 

   Where would you be without me? White Lily asked. She looked up and saw her tail wrapped tightly around another branch. She gulped, knowing if White Lily hadn’t acted quickly, she would have probably knocked herself out and fallen.

   Thank you, she quickly said.

   “Handy having that,” said Dakelo, climbing down, it was the first time he said something positive about her tail. “Maybe it would be safer on the ground.” He held out his hand and swung her onto a safer branch.

   They explored the area for another hour or two, before eventually deciding to return. Valin was already sat up, still appearing a bit dazed. He didn’t look up when he heard them approach, but still spoke.

   “Where did you go?” he mumbled.

   “Here and there,” said Dakelo.

   “Are you alright?” Isildilia asked. 

   Valin took a deep breath then stood up. “Nothing a bit of rest can't handle. Now, if we start now we could make the mountain base by nightfall, finally.”

   “What will happen when we arrive? What’s the plan?” Isildilia asked. Valin took a little longer than normal to respond.

   “We will try to be discrete, then after a few more days, we shall present ourselves to their Majesties. If the others learnt you were here it will be a nuisance, since they have all been awaiting you arrival.”

    “That’s all I need.”

     “So I suggest we hurry and decide what to do when we get there. Hopefully my mind will be clearer by the time we arrive.”

   It’s surprising how much bigger something could look despite only being a few miles closer. After paddling non-stop they reached the roots of the mountain. The river wound around to the left of the mountain, where they had to stop as they reached a waterfall which shone bright silver in the sunlight. Coincidently it was called the Silver Waterfall, Valin told her.

     They didn’t tie the boat in when they finally left; in fact, Valin let it drift back down the river on its own. Isildilia stood on the banks, stretching her arms above her head to relieve the strain from paddling. The roar of the waterfall was painful to listen to, but the cool spray ejecting from it was comforting, and worth the noise.

   Dakelo squinted up at the hidden summit. “How are we getting in?” he asked, “I see no entrance.”

   “Just up there.” He pointed to a face of solid rock, at least a hundred paces up.

   “It looks just like the rest of this mountain,” said Dakelo.

   “That’s the point, if it was easy to find then everyone would find it,” he sneered. Despite the short distance, it was a nightmare to climb. They had to leave all the small items behind in order to make themselves lighter. Valin muttered about sending someone to collect them later. All they carried on them was their weapons, but even they got in the way. Froyza struggled more than the rest of them. With no hands of feet, there were many places he couldn’t climb and Valin ending up sending him on a detour.

     When Dakelo questioned as to Valin’s lack of magic, he responded how the use of earth magic would give them away, as they knew he was the one bringing Isildilia home.  But Isildilia was barely paying attention to where she was placing her hands and feet.  The whole time, the only thing going through Isildilia’s mind, was what awaited them inside that mountain. After months of trekking she was finally here, where her complete identity will be revealed, her true parents. She wasn’t sure whether she should be fearful or joyful, the two feelings crashed against her, but nothing was taking hold. Flecks of rock crumbled under her right hand, almost causing her to lose her grip. The troubling thoughts suddenly vanished and the only thought that remained was reaching the top in one piece.

   “Now what?” she asked when they finally reached the wall. They had all sat down for a rest outside the hidden entrance. She looked down over the valley below, the approaching dark made it appear calm and silent. The lake appeared as a silver teardrop in the evening glow, and she swore, on the far horizon, she saw a silver streak that was the ocean. She shut her eyes and took a deep breath. Valin was right, this land does feel different, and it does feel better.

     Wonderful isn’t it? White Lily added. She turned her attention back to Valin, who still hadn’t answered the question. He nodded at the rock, then he withdrew his sword and sliced his hand. Glinting with red blood, he smeared it on the wall.

   “What are you doing?” she exclaimed as she rushed over and grabbed his hand.  There came a boom from the mountain side, as a crack formed down the middle of the rock. They stepped back quickly as both parts slowly opened on invisible hinges to reveal a corridor. She considered it tall enough for a giant to walk through.

    “This particular door was blood-sealed recently and altered to be opened, to respond, only to me. It will automatically alert their Majesties of our arrival.”

   “Incredible,” whispered Dakelo. Isildilia tore of part of cloth from her cloak to bind Valin’s hand, despite his protests.

   Like that’s necessary White Lily said

   “Now,” Vain said, “we must try to do this quietly...” But suddenly, there was a call from above.

   “Well well, you’re late you know.” She knew that voice, echoing like a distant memory. There was a heavy thud and a blast of wind hit her as something landed behind her.  Valin and Dakelo automatically had their swords pointed at the figure that stood behind her, as she heard the metal sliding out of their sheaths.

   “Who are you?” Dakelo demanded.

   “I am Thiryqa, temporary guardian of the south wall.” Isildilia spun around to look. His jet black hair was cut short, and he was much more filled out. He wore another, cleaner set of white robes, with a strange metal headdress covering his forehead and a large spear in his right hand. Even his wings were cleaner and much stronger looking. But it was him, she couldn’t believe it.

    He smiled when he saw her disbelief. “It’s good to finally see you again, Your Highness.” Isildilia suddenly found that she threw her arms around him and gave him a brief hug.

   “I can't believe it’s you. How did you know I was here?” She asked, stepping back from him.

   “I recognised your scent anywhere. I knew you were coming for the last few days. You seem...different,” he finished, noting her hair colour, plus her six foot tail trailing on the floor. She punched him lightly on the shoulder.

    “You knew the truth this whole time,” she accused.

    “Yes, I apologise,” he laughed, “but it wasn’t my place to tell you.”

     “You two, know each other?” Valin asked, lowering his blade.

      “I...broke him out of the palace prison,” she admitted

      “That’s was him?” Dakelo exclaimed, pointing rudely at Thiryqa. 

      Valin scratched his head and sighed, “so much for going unnoticed.’

      “Don't worry, your Lordship. No one else knows, except their Majesties.”

      “Thank you, I very much appreciate that.” They quickly hurried inside the entrance as it started to shut on them.

     It took a while for her eyes to adjust to the suddenly plunge into darkness.  The lines of the tunnel were covered in more of the killoo orbs, each glowing faintly in a white light, but even that took a while to adjust seeing. Valin took a long breath, savouring the damp smell, before leading them deep into the mountains.

   “Is it alright for you to be leaving your post?” Isildilia asked Thiryqa.

   “I was just released from duty, so it’s alright. I was supposed to be waiting for you, nothing more.”

   “I see your human speech has improved a lot.”

   He chuckled, “I do have you to thank for that.”

   “Shhh, we have to try and sneak through,” Valin told him.

   “Is it really that bad?” Isildilia asked.

   “It has been a nightmare,” said Thiryqa. “I’ve never seen so many arrive in one go, if any more try to fit in I fear the mountain itself would give way.”

   “Okriba,” Valin cursed. It was the first time she had heard him curse like that before, “this is getting more and more problematic.”  He turned towards Thiryqa, “can you do me a favour?”

   “Anything  you wish for, Your Lordship.” Valin quickly whispered a list of instructions, so low Isildilia couldn’t even hear. Thiryqa spread his wings and flew down the tunnel at such a speed that it whipped all their cloaks forwards.  They continued to walk down the tunnel at a much slower pace than before. They reached another large slab of rock, where Valin stopped them again. A few minutes later Thiryqa appeared, carrying a couple of items, which he threw to Valin before he landed. Valin caught them with ease, then turned back to face them.

   “Take off your clothes,” he told her.

   “EXCUSE ME!” she exclaimed.

“Those clothes carry too much of your scent on them. Change into these; I've got some for Dakelo as well.” He indicated to the packaging under his arm.

   “I'm not changing in front of you lot,” she hissed.

   He heaved his shoulders tiresomely. “There is nowhere else and it’s not like I haven’t seen before.” Isildilia felt her face brighten.  She looked at Dakelo, who pretended to be interested with the wall behind him.

   “Then...don’t look,” she warned them. As she changed, she kept an eye on all four of them, even Froyza.

   “Are you done yet?” asked Valin, starting to turn around.

   “DON'T LOOK!” She threw her old clothes at him, which collided with his head. She pulled the hood up on the new cloak.

   “Now you can look.” Her entire new outfit was black, even the cloak, which had blood red lining on the inside. Her face remained partially visible, while her cloak was buttoned up completely and the hood thrown over her head.

   “You look completely different,” inspected Dakelo. “Right, now you turn around, unless you want to look.” She flushed bright red again, and then turned around.  Dakelo’s outfit looked similar to the one he previously wore, but smelt a lot fresher.

 Once they were finished Valin bundled up their old clothes and then, using a strike stick, he burnt them. Isildilia wasn’t sorry to see them go.  To her confusion, Froyza walked up to both of them n rubbed himself against.

       “It’s to mask your smells even more, makes you less human smelling,” he explained.

Once they had been reduced to a pile of ash, they decided to continue.   Valin rapped his knuckles five times on the rock which started to lower, like a drawbridge.  Isildilia held her breath, waiting for what was in store.

    She was completely blown away by the sight.

    This part of the mountain was completely hollow, numerous networks and tunnels led to and from the room all over the walls, and right up to the ceiling. Projected from the roof was a chandelier of bright blue crystals that, if she listened carefully, produced a high pitch ringing tone.  It was hard to hear the ringing for the room else vibrated with thousands of calls of all the creatures bustling about.

    There were some the size of houses, storming through the giant tunnels, carving large gaps in the crowds in their wake. There were species of cats and dogs, birds, reptiles, although no fish were present.  The sky was full of numerous flying creatures as well, disappearing down the tunnels nearer to the ceiling. She also saw that there were those that now remain human; dressed in sea of colourful outfits, and carrying weapons of various sizes and forms. No one took complete notice of them; some gave the traditional greeting, and then continued on their way, others ignored totally.

    Valin didn’t give her any more time to keep looking. “Let’s go.” He grabbed Isildilia’s arm and led her through. “Try to keep close; you could easily be swept away.” It was difficult manoeuvring through. Once, she was almost stepped on by a hinover, which was best-described as a giant grey spider, with the torso that looked like a man. Its eight legs moved in sequence as it rumbled past, holding a ten foot long spear in its hands.

   They all finally managed to cross the room and disappeared down one of the small side tunnels. Luckily it was a quiet tunnel as it sloped down into the mountain.

      “I’ll give us two days before we arrive in the court. That gives us time to relax and prepare and to make up a good excuse.”
   “For what?” she asked.

   “Well for starters, why we are late. But worst of all, why I allowed a human to enter the Kingdom of Beasts. Argh, I'm going to get into a lot of trouble...”  Before she knew it, a couple of figures in red cloaks unexpectedly stepped out in front. Isildilia didn’t even see where they came from. Even Valin flinched from the appearance.

   Keep your head down and covered, White Lily suddenly warned her.

   “Don't think you could sneak past us,” said a male on the left.

    “No harm in trying,” Valin said, sliding slightly in front of Isildilia. The one of the far right extended a hand and pointed its hooked claw directly at her.

   “Can't we meet her Highness? The one hoped to bring peace to this war.  We have been waiting a long, long time after all.”  The voice made her skin prickle.

   “You will just have to wait, like everyone else. Don’t think that you get entitled to special privileges.” The group hissed and moved to daggers they had hidden on their person, but they looked both at Valin, then at Thiryqa, who had his spear pointed at them. It remained silent for a while, and then Froyza released a low growl, which ripped through the tunnel. They eventually backed down.

   “Very well, Your Lordship. If you insist.” Then the group melted into the darkness, as mysteriously as they appeared. It wasn’t until they were completely out of sight that Valin lowered his guard.

   “Who were they?” Dakelo asked. 

   “There are those who can't be trusted, even amongst us. Let’s go.” They followed numerous different tunnels for over an hour. She glimpsed different rooms through the few open doors, and passed a great variety of animals, but Valin didn’t stop for anyone.

   “We must hurry,” said Froyza, from behind.
   “Why?” asked Dakelo.

   “Because your scents are getting stronger now, we won’t go unnoticed for much longer.”

   “Almost there,” said Valin. 

    It wasn’t long before they finally stopped, outside a door that could have put the palace doors to shame. The wood was carved with the greatest care, every creature and flower done to perfection. Not one part of the wood remained untouched as the delicate pattern rose from base to top.  He pushed them open and ushered them inside.

        Isildilia looked up and gasped. Inside it was like a large human mansion, with flights of stairs at each end of the foyer leading to an open balcony on the second floor. There were six other doors on her current floor, three that she could see on the upper. There was a beautiful chandelier hanging in the foyer.

   “This is incredible. How is this here? Why is this here?” She turned to Valin who was still standing near the door.

   “They decided, for the moment, to accommodate you as a human, until they see fit otherwise.” He went back outside, “now stay here.”
   “Where are you going?”

   “I have to talk to Their Highnesses. Froyza, you stay guard outside, make sure no one enters at all cost.” Thiryqa also left, saying that he must now get back to his duty, leaving Isildilia and Dakelo alone in the house as the doors boomed shut.

   “Shall we...look around?” Dakelo asked. In the house there was a total of; three bedrooms, a library, dining room, study, two bathrooms, a kitchen and even a drawing room. It was huge, not to mention unnecessary. She didn’t know if they built it by hand or by magic. She felt uncomfortable knowing that it was supposed to be for her, it was way too spacious compared to her small room back in Aliera.

    An hour later, Isildilia found herself alone in the library, staring at the mountain of books. There we so many that they had to be piled on the floor, as there were no room on the bookcase.  I wonder where they got these from; do they even write books and scroll? Or is this what’s been collected from the humans?

      At the furthest end was a series of desks, each with its own writing sets. There were also numerous comfortable chairs, accompanied by stands of candles. Dakelo was in the kitchen, finding some food for them both. Isildilia sat down in the corner, resting her head on her fingertips. She decided now was the best time to find out.

   Lily? she whispered.  She felt her mind sweep through like a great wave.

   I am here. She spoke surprisingly soft, almost knowing the conversation that was going to follow.

   Please, can you tell me?

   Tell you what? she asked.

   About us. What are we? This time you can’t avoid it. Especially if I'm going to be meeting my parents, it would not look good if I suddenly freeze in terror in front of them.

   No, I guess not. Her presence drifted away for a moment. Isildilia gave her a few minutes before questioning.

   Lily?

   Fourth shelf down, she replied.

   Pardon?
   Fourth shelf down to the right of you, fifth book from the left.
Isildilia grabbed a ladder and climbed to reach the book she was instructed to do so. She leapt down from the top.

   Now what?

   You may want to sit down. Isildilia seated herself in the furthest corner, tail draped over the chair’s arms. She had the leather-bound book resting on her knees, but it was firmly closed.

   Turn to page three hundred. Isildilia’s hand shook as she gripped the cover. There was no title to the book to indicate its contents, so she pondered over how White Lily knew to look for this book. In the end she just concluded it was just another un-explainable quirk of White Lily’s.

   I can't do this.

   If you won’t then I will. Her tail suddenly lifted as White Lily took control. She used the finger like appendages to grip the book.

   Wait! I’ll do it, she stopped her. White Lily let go off the book, letting her tail fall limply to the floor. There was another brief pause, and then she took a couple of shallow breaths to help steady her nerves. She flicked the corners of the pages until she found three hundred, but didn’t open on it yet. Then, closing her eyes, she threw the book open.

   Are you going to look or not? White Lily asked. Her impatience angered her.

   This is really difficult for me, she snapped back.

  Well the longer you put it off, the worse the shock will be. Isildilia suddenly opened her eyes and stared at the page.

     She uttered a quick shriek and sprang up, allowing the book to fall heavily to the floor. She brought her legs up onto the chair, burying her face into her knees. She rocked back and forth as the tears streamed down her face. It can't be, it can't be, she kept repeating to herself. Anything but them.

   Dakelo came into the room minutes later and immediately rushed over when he saw her.

   “What is it? What's wrong?” He tried to make her un-clench from her position but she shook her head. Dakelo noticed the book and picked it up. It was still open on the same page.  “What is it? Are you afraid of those things?” Isildilia shook her head violently. “Then what is it?” Isildilia looked up and whispered, and Dakelo lent in closer to hear. His face paled dangerously and, to her dismay, she saw a tiny glint of fear in his eyes.

   “Are you sure?” he stuttered.  Isildilia nodded, before another wave of tears uncontrollable flowed down her cheeks. Dakelo dropped the book and embraced her comfortingly. Isildilia looked down at the picture in the book; of a bright green dragon, devouring an entire troop of men; with teeth, claws and flame.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 8.6K 50
"Alright Mr. Steinson you can pay Franny. Let us know if any problems come up." She opened the door and smiled past his ear, her fake customer servic...
1.1M 39.1K 30
What if the Bible has it all wrong about the Anti-Christ? What if this person is female and what if she actually has a choice? Meet A.C. a.k.a An...
179K 11.1K 36
Alera lost her mother early in life and was raised by a strict king for a father and the many nursemaids who crossed themselves before touching her...
143 12 20
Callie is from a small coastal town headed to New York University where she will discover so much more than an education. She falls in love, meets n...