The Mystery of Scarlett

By theoneandonly9240

Scarlett has always been a mystery in the world of Lux, where supernaturals live in uneasy alliances and in... More

Chapter 1: The Return
Chapter 3: Sage
Chapter 4: The Gold Dress
Chapter 5: An Old Fae
Chapter 6: Market Deals
Chapter 7: Minds and Missions
Chapter 8: War Plans
Chapter 9: Secrets
Chapter 10: Mine
Chapter 11: Obsidian
Chapter 12: Transformations
Chapter 13: Amulets and Teamwork
Chapter 14: The Ball
Chapter 15: No blood on the carpet!
Chapter 16: Puzzle Pieces
Author's Note
Chapter17: Maddie
Author's Note
Chapter 18: Wings
Chapter 19: Love Potions
Chapter 20: Winter Wedding
Chapter 21: Unexpected Guests
Chapter 22: Wedding Crashers
Author's Note
Chapter 23: Crowns
Chapter 24: Brothers
Chapter 25: The Ledge
Chapter 26: Goodbye
Chapter 27: Road Trip
Chapter 29: Day 1
Chapter 30: Lycos
Chapter 31: Jace
Chapter 32: Demons and Fathers
Chapter 33: Flashbacks
Chapter 34: Found
Author's Note
Chapter 35: Fighting Monsters
Chapter 36: Revenge
Author's Note
Chapter 37: Vacation
Chapter 38: The Opening
Chapter 39: The Arrival
Chapter 40: Change of Scenes
Author's Note
Chapter 41: Soul Searching
Chapter 42: The Bottle
Chapter 43: The Story of The Bottle
The Prophecy
Author's Note
Chapter 44: Promises
Chapter 45: Addictions
Author's Note
Chapter 46: Sacrifices and Goodbye

Chapter 2: Soulmates

26.4K 1.1K 118
By theoneandonly9240

"Mine." He said his eyes darkening in lust.

Crap.

The werewolf is my soul mate.

Fabulous.

"Hello?" I say unsure of how to respond. He just keeps looking at me analyzing me trying to figure out who I am.

"Who are you?" He finally asks his sharp blue eyes piercing into my soul, I don't look away as much as I want to. I can't show weakness.

"Who are you?" I echo back to him resisting the urge to pull the bars open and run.

"Damien, King Damien." He says as if trying to impress me, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Are you going to release me or what?" I ask biting my lip hoping that he says no and gives me a reason to hate him.
"Yes." Damien says running his hands through his tousled black hair and unlocking the cell that I could have easily gotten out of. But, no my stubborn self wanted to have some fun and mess with royalty.
I sigh and get up and dust myself off dramatically and roll my eyes.
"So where to now, love?" I say in my worst british accent ever. He ignores my joke and doesn't even crack a smile and mutters "follow me".
He's way too serious I think with a frown, twirling a piece of my midnight black hair with my fingers I follow him silently. We walk for a while the silence between us extremely awkward and I can't help but smile because you can cut the tension in the room with a knife.
"So..." He decides finally breaking the silence "What are your favorite colors?"
Well that was random.
"Red, Green, Blue,and Black. You?"
"Forest Green." Like my eyes I want to say.

"So we're soul mates huh?" I say breaking him out of his trance.
"Huh?"
"We're soul mates."
"Yes."

"King Damien, what is she doing here?"
A blonde girl asks in a snobby tone. Her outfit screams desperate she's in a way too short and tight pink dress and her screechy voice is making my ears bleed.

"She's my mate and your new queen, so respect her!" He says in an I'm-the-boss voice and she whimpers back. She regains her posture and says in a husky voice.
"Come back to me when your ready for a good time again."
She walks off turning her heel and swaying her hips dramatically.
Damien looks to me waiting for a reaction, and looks surprised when my face gives nothing away.
"You're not jealous?" He asks incredulously.
"No." I reply earnestly
"Because you know you are the only one?" He questions.
"No, because she can have you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

503K 13.4K 42
The fate of a not so human king and a definitely human girl became entangled in a single meeting. A teenage girl from the 21st century somehow ended...
30.4K 1.2K 41
500 years ago, a captivating tale began and continues to unfold. One person anxiously awaited the arrival of their beloved, while another found their...
158K 14K 45
Scarlett is the hottest punk singer on the charts, her success and fame is world wide. She thinks that her world is performing for her adoring fans...
752K 21.8K 40
Opposites attract. Everyone has heard this phrase at least once in their lives. Well, what if the person you're meant to be with is truly the opposit...