Everlasting (Book 2: I'm Your...

By singsongstyles

Just one night I will hold you tight. I will protect you with all my might And even when th... More

Everlasting (Book 2: I'm Yours)
(1) A Supposed To Be Secret Conversation
(2) Selena Holmes
(3) Tricks and Acts
(4) Lost and Found
(5) Saved...Sort Of
(6) Complicated Questions
(7) Dangerous
(8) Vampires and Peeping Tom
(9) Help From Alex
(11) Bad Alyssa and Kissing Aliens
IMPORTANT NOTE
(12) Hopeful Plans (Date for when book 2 of WMHS inside!!)
(13) Fight
(14) Escape Gone Wrong
(15) A Lie All Along
(16) Revealed
Chapter 17: The Man in the Woods
Chapter 18: Snapped
Chapter 19: The Main Event
Chapter 21: Cure
Chapter 22: Falling Apart
Chapter 23: Alone
Chapter 24: Search Party
Chapter 25: Involuntary Babysitting

(10) One Bloody "Princess"

196 6 1
By singsongstyles

Chapter 10:  One Bloody "Princess"

Allison's P.O.V.

I flopped down on top of the bed and sighed. I was thinking about Darin and Alex. I kept trying to push Alex out of my head, but he kept coming back in uninvited.

"Allison?" I heard Luke ask.

I jumped up. "My name is Alyssa..." I twitched my eye at him, hoping no one heard.

"Oh, sorry, Alyssa." He said, an amused smile on his lips.

I fell back down on the bed and he fell next to me. I had decided not to tell Luke about the whole each vampire gets me for the whole day thing. He'd probably tear down this room.

"It's fine. Luke-"

Alex peeked his head through the door again. "I need Alyssa."

Luke looked ticked. "Um, why do you need her?"

"I just do," Alex snapped, his eyes flaring under his hoody. He turned towards me and his eyes softened. "Sorry, Alyssa. You know Damon."

I nodded and I heard Luke ask, "Who's Damon?"

Alex shut the door behind me and we walked down the hall together.

Alex leaned down to whisper in my ear. "Looks like the vampires here aren't the only ones in love with you."

I blushed. "W-What? No, no...don't tell anyone, but...we're friends."

"I won't. I'm on your side, remember? But still, maybe to you you're just friends. But to him..."

I frowned.

"Where do you wanna go? Anywhere but the den downstairs, that's were Damon and the others are." Alex asked.

"Anywhere." I shrug.

We entered the living room and sat down on the leather seat together. I scooted a far distance away from us.

"I know we should be, uh, doing other things, but I thought we could just talk." He said.

"Sure! I actually have a question...."

"Shoot," He said with a smile that made my heart play hop scotch.

I cleared my throat. "Well, I was know half vampires have a heart because..." I'm one. "Because I have experience with them, but I was wondering...Do full vampires have a heart? I mean, you're really warm so that-" Crap!

What the heck did I just say?!

His stupid smile makes me say stupid things...Curse him.

I blinked a few times and blushed.

"I-I mean..." I stuttered, my blush deepening with each word.

"Well," Alex said, holding back a laugh. "We have to have heart, because humans need to have a way to kill us. Which is why the only way you can kill us is a stake through the heart, or a fire. A stake pierces the heart, a fire devours it. Hence the reason why," He reached over the distance I made between us and nudged my arm. "We're warm."

I blushed as the action sent shocks through my arm. "Oh..."

"Hey," He said, changing the subject thankfully. "You want something to drink?"

"Sure." I replied, getting off the couch with him and walking into the kitchen.

Everything here was expensive looking, with red curtains on every window and gold lining.

He opened the fridge and it was full of bottles. Bottles with red liquid in it. He grabbed one lone bottle and poured it into two cups.

I shook my head. "Oh, no thanks, Alex. I don't drink."

He chuckled. "It's not red wine, Alyssa."

Realization hit me.

He handed me the cup and I gratefully sipped it. The rough liquid slipped down my throat, unlike human blood.

"This isn't-" I started.

"It's animal blood. I'm the only one the drinks it here. I feel like if you're not dying of blood, you shouldn't drink human blood. It's wrong. So each week I get one bottle of animal blood. It's not as good, I know. And it also won't completely satisfy you like human blood, but still," Alex met my gaze. "I thought if you had the choice, you'd want animal blood."

I nodded, it's true. I may be a half vampire, but still. The thought of drinking human blood made me sick.

I took a bigger sip of the liquid. Human blood was silkier, and it went down your throat softly. But animal blood would suffice.

Wow, I sounded kinda smart then...

I drank the whole glass of blood, when Alex says something that makes me wish I was still drinking, because then I could spit it out dramatically.

"You really are different," He says, his tone soft, but humorous. "I mean, I've never heard of a human drinking blood,"

I panicked. "How'd you know?"

He shrugged. "Lucky guess."

"Please, Alex. Please don't tell anyone." I begged.

He held his arms up as if surrender. "Hey, my lips are sealed."

I leaned against the counter top in relief. "Thanks, Alex,"

"No problem."

He leaned against the counter beside me, and our hips were touching.

"How can I repay you?" I asked. I hadn't meant for it to sound flirty, but it kinda did. I was being serious.

I turned on with my hip against the counter, so I was facing him. This was the closest we had ever been.

His green eyes went straight to my lips, and stared at them for awhile, before turning away.

"Um..." He shook his head, as if clearing it. He started to walk again, I followed right beside him.

"You can repay me by trying to look less appealing."

My heart jumped. Did he mean...? "What do you mean?" I asked, hoping I hadn't of made a big deal about his words.

"I mean, these guys staring at you is driving me crazy. And what I'm asking of you is to try to look less appealing so they will tone it down a bit. It probably won't work, but still try. Like what you're wearing now..."

We both looked down at my tank top and shorts.

"Let's just say it would drive some of the vampires here crazy." Alex finished.

I wondered if by "some of the vampires here", he meant himself. "Sure. I can do that." I answered.

"Alyssa?" He asked, his eyes suddenly soft.

"Yes?" I asked, my voice suddenly weak.

"I-"

"Alex?!"

We both turned to the voice. A man was standing at the top of the stairs that go down to the den, looking at us curiously.

I blushed under his heavy stare on me.

The man was actually pretty attractive. All vampire were. He had messy black hair and a dull shade of blue eyes. He was also really, really, muscled.

"Burnett." Alex said with a nod. Burnett took in my tank top and shorts with a smirk on his face.

Alex pulled me behind his back at that.

"Why are you two talking?" Burnett asked.

What should we be doing?

"What do you want, Burnett?" Ex asked, irritated.

"Why do you have her now?"

"Damon is letting me have extra before the days start." Alex muttered. I played with my necklace with the piece of glass while they talked. Burnett kept trying to see me from behind Alex, but Alex kept blocking him.

"What did you do for Damon to give to get you extra time with her?" Burnett asked.

"Burnett. You know the rules. You can't see her when another man has her for the day."

Burnett held his hands up. "Hey, that's fine. I'll just go get ready for when I have her."

He winked at me before climbing back down the stairs.

I turned back towards Alex with panic. "Wait. Does that mean I won't be able to see you until it's your day?" I really needed Alex. He helped me with things, and he warmed me about what to do and what not to do. He was keeping all my secrets, to.

His smile was bright under his hood. That's all I got to see. Body, smile, and eyes. His smile was sneaky. "Well, no. I mean it looks like to me that we share a room."

My mouth opened wide in shock.so he did know. I blushed. "Yeah, about that..."

"Yes, Alyssa.I am kinda wondering why we were in the same bed last night."

The blush deepened. "Damon said that there was no other beds available..."

Alex raised his eyebrows. "It's fine. I'll just sleep on the floor."

"No, Alex, that's not really fair-" I start, but he cuts me off.

"You drank blood, but you have human qualities and you smell like a human. So, I'm guessing you're a half?" He asked, he voice low so no one would over hear.

I nodded, not really knowing where this was going.

"Well, that means you're still human. So, your body is still sensitive. I'm a full vampire, so I won't fill anything when I lay on the floor. You, however, will." He finished, with a triumphant grin on his face.

I raised my hands in surrender. "Ok, ok. You win."

He chuckled. "I always do." We were standing right in front of the bedroom and I hadn't of even noticed.

He opened the door for me and I entered our room. Our room. So weird.

I sat down on the bed and he sat next to me. Luke wasn't in here. I guess Damon got him outta here.

We sat in a comfortable silence when Damon burst into the room, grabbed both of us and pushed is forward.

"There's a meeting with all the vampires," Damon said, eyeing us. "Everyone has to go."

~~~~

In a second we were downstairs in the den. All eyes were on me. I shifted uncomfortably.

"We're all here to discuss the vampire boy," Damon gestured to Luke. "And the human girl." He motioned to me.

I felt my skin crawling under their stares and looked down at my stupid tank top.

I had lost sight of Alex.

"His name is Lucas and he will be joining our pack."

I tried my best not to snicker. I turned towards Luke and met his gaze.

I mouthed, 'Clever one'

He glared at me and mouthed back, 'What, Alyssa?'

That's true. We both picked fake names that sounded WAY too similar to our real names.

"We will teach him everything we know. Burnett?" Damon continued.

"Yes?" Burnetts voice made me find him in the crowd of vampires.

He winked at me and I automatically turned back around.

"You will teach Lucas how we hunt tomorrow. Alex?"

Alex's hoody was now in my view. He was staring at me intensely, not hearing a word Damon was saying.

"Alex?!"

He jumped up. "Um...Erm...I'm sorry. Can you repeat what you said?"

"I was saying that you will teach Lucas you're strength and agility.". Damon huffed.

"Oh. Um...ok." Alex said, his eyes still glued to mine from under his hoody.

"I know it's hard, but stop staring at the prize and pay attention to what I'm saying." Damon snapped.

I blushed.

"Now, we will start using the prize tomorrow. Lucas, since you're new, I'm going to let you have her first." Damon continued.

I glanced back at Luke and he wiggled his eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes and held back a laugh.

"Now, Burnett I need you to go hunting. Right now. You can bring two inexperienced people with you. That's all." Damon got up and walked out of the room, and all the vampires followed.

All but one.

I held back a groan.

"What do you want, Burnett?" I snapped.

He stepped one step closer to me.

I backed up one step. He took one step closer to me again.

This continued process went until my back hit the wall and we were chest to chest.

"You have problems." I frowned, trying to push him off me. No use.

He raised his eyebrows at me. The way he was looking at me made me want to slap him. "Don't pretend you don't like it, Princess."

Princess? Really?

I narrowed my eyes. "A bit cocky, aren't we? Actually right now I'm trying really hard not to say hello to my lunch."

He frowned, like he was "hurt".

"What do you want, Burnett?" I added.

This position is making me cranky.

"Burnett?"

Alex's voice made me relax a bit.

Burnett's head snapped in Alex's direction and Alex added, "You're really not one for first expressions, huh?"

He walked up to us and pulled Burnett off of me.

"Thanks." I muttered to Alex. He gave me an angel's smile in return.

"Good. You're both here. Damon wants me to bring the two most inexperienced ones with me to go hunting. That's you two," Burnett stated, looking irritated.

"Wouldn't that be Lucas?" I offered, feeling like a jerk for suggesting Luke, but really. I don't wanna watch vampires tear bodies apart.

Burnett tapped me on the nose, earning himself a glare. "But you're way more fun. So easy to tease."

"What?! No way, I-" I started, but Burnett interrupted me.

"You both have to go. Now."

~~~~

You know, there's nothing more I like than walking through a forest with two vampires (one a friend, one a sworn enemy) with my hands tied with Alex's, so we won't run away.

Burnett was rambling on and on about this and that, and Alex and I were pretending to listen.

"So the best place to get blood when you're weak is clubs, because it's easy prey. Some people come alone and most of the humans there are drunk. Of course, when you feed off of drunk humans you can't drink too much or the alcohol will get in you and you'll get drunk."

"You know, I'm wondering why you don't just drink the blood out of the fridge." I said, grudging along the trees and trying my best not Togo insane. For some reason, I was thirsty. Really thirsty.

"Because, blood tastes way better when it's fresh and warm from the neck." Burnett said in a "duh" tone.

"Lovely." I muttered, my gag reflex warning me that it might come up and say hello. Just because I'm half vampire doesn't mean I don't find drinking blood disgusting.

I'm still human, somewhere inside me.

Alex shot me a warning look from under that cursed hoody of his.

I fought back the urge to stick my tongue out at him.

We came upon a wired fenced and Burnett took a deep breath.

"Okay. I'm gonna untie Alex and then tie Princess here to the gate."

I groaned at my name and watched as he did exactly what he said.

Alex jumped over the fence and I saw the yearning to run in his eyes.

Burnett saw it, too.

He bared his fangs and brought my neck to his them. "Run and I'll kill her."

Alex lowered his head and nodded. I felt bad for him.

Burnett untied me from the fence and picked me up bridal style.

I grunted. I really wish I could just jump over this high fence, but I can't. Then he'll know I'm a vampire.

He was holding me with one arm and climbing up the fence at the same time. I would impressed if I didn't hate his guts.

Once he dropped on the floor pretty dang gracefully, I snapped, "Ok. Let me go now,"

"No, I'm kinda enjoying this right now." Burnett replied, a smirk on his face.

"Yeah, that's great. Now put me down."

"Um....No."

I raised my eyebrows. "Oh, really?"

"Really."

I shrugged. "Fine." I rolled my body right out of his arms.

And I right into another pair of arms.

Alex's arms.

"What...?" I muttered, slightly breathless.

Okay, I swear I didn't plan that...

His bright green eyes met mine for a while when he smiled and said, "I couldn't let the "Princess's" feet touch the ground. Burnett would be furious."

I laughed and he placed me back down on my feet.

"Ok, now that you two are done with your little love fest, we gotta go." Burnett snapped, obviously angry that I would rather make a face plant on concrete ground then stay in his arms.

~~~~~

In a few minutes, I was handing my fake ID to the guy and entered a up beat club.

Multi-colored lights lit the walls and a huge disco hung in the air.

The song that played was Don't Trust Me by 3OH!3.

We all entered kinda uncertainly, but then I lost Alex and Burnett in the crowd.

I was standing there in the middle of a club, surrounded around a bunch of dancing people.

My life kinda felt normal again. I mean, this is where most normal people spent their nights. I haven't had one normal day since Darin stepped into my life. I missed him so hard it hard. And Alex was a painful reminder of him.

Then the song Turn Me On by Nicki Minaj and David Guetta came on.

Ok...I must admit...this is one of my favorite songs.

I started to jump up and down and swaying to the music with the other people, feeling carefree.

Make me come alive,

Come on turn me on,

Touch me, save my life

Come on and turn me on

I'm too young to die,

Come on and turn me on

Someone grabbed my arm and pulled me aside.

Burnett.

"Come on, I found two drunk humans." He ordered. Alex was behind him and we followed Burnett outside.

It was the back the club where the trashcans were, and two teenagers were stumbling around.

Burnett closed the door behind him and automatically grabbed the boy and cut his arm with his sharp fangs.

"He'll never drink human blood," Burnett tells me. "So I make him."

The boy was screaming in pain and Alex fought it. I could see him trying so hard to, and it was actually scaring me.

His eyes turned bright red under his hoody and he grabbed the boy from Burnett.

The girl was in hysterics now, and Burnett silenced her by snapping her neck and drinking the flow of blood that came from the wound.

They were both too observed to notice, but I was hurting. My eyes were bright red, I could see them in a puddle of rain.

My throat was burning so hard and I couldn't stop it.

A girl opened the door to the back, and tumbled out. "What...What's going on here?" she hiccuped.

Her eyes widened from the scene in front of her.

The monster in me took control, and now I knew it was completely useless.

I rushed in front of her and slapped a hand over her mouth, digging my fangs in her neck. The sweet liquid flowed down my throat, quenching my thirst.

I dropped her body to the ground, wiped my mouth and turned around to Burnett staring at me with shock, and Alex looked scared that I had got caught. I was cover in blodd, my fangs were out, and my eyes were bright red.

"What...What are you?"

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

279K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...