Things Change

By mrsmalfoy818

Hermione and Draco are forced into close proximity when they are made Head Prefects that share a common room... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue

Chapter 9

7.5K 190 39
By mrsmalfoy818

| "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?"

-L.M. Montgomery |

Harry's POV

When morning finally came, I got dressed and decided to go to Hermione's common room. Oh yeah, I don't know where her room is. Instead, I waited for my lovely girlfriend, and went down to breakfast. Ginny is perfect for me. She understands me, and I understand her.

After a few minutes, Hermione walked in behind Malfoy. She came and sat down next to Luna, and they started talking immediately. There was just something about Luna. She just understands.

"Uh-Listen Hermione, I-There's something I need to tell you." She looked up at me, a sparkle in her eye.

"Sure, Harry, is everything okay?" She had a concerned look on her face.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just come back to the common room after breakfast." She nodded before turning back to Luna. This was gonna break her heart.

I looked over at her, a big smile on her face, and sighed. Why can't they just let things be. He was gone, and should stay gone.

Draco's POV

I woke to a knock on the door. Hermione was done with the bathroom. Today was Saturday. The trial was next Sunday. I sighed as I got up and started to get ready for the day.

I undressed and got into the shower. I let the warm water melt my problems away. After I had rinsed several times, I figured it was time to get out. I wrapped a towel around my waist and stepped out. Only to find Hermione.

"Uh-" I tried to sat something, but I didn't know what to say. I actually was a bit embarrassed. "Granger? Uhm, why are you in here?

"I'm brushing my teeth. What does it look like?"

"Are you trying to get a peak at me, Granger?" I asked her with a smirk on my lips. Her cheeks became rosy, as she blushed.

"Totally," she said sarcasticly, with a roll of her eyes.

"I knew it all along."

She shook her head and laughed. "In your dreams, Malfoy."

She turned around to finish brushing her teeth and I went into my room.

Hermione's POV

Why did it have to be him? Why does he have to be the one to make me feel like this? I sat down on my bed and blew a piece of hair out of my eyes. I just got this rush when I was with him. Like I could do anything because of him. He just had that effect on me. A bad boy, I thought to myself.

I got dressed in a pair of jeans and a long sleeve, and went into the common room. Draco was sitting in the armchair looking through my book.

"It's a good book, isn't it?"

He looked up and put the book down. "Huh-Oh, I was just..." He's so nervous.

"I was just asking if you liked the book, Draco." I gave him a small smile, and he seemed to loosen up a bit.

"Yeah, it's nothing like anything I've read, but I like it. It's like a book I've read before." He really seemed to be talking to himself now. But I'll have to ask him sometime. "But here-" I took the book, and set it on the table.

"Uh-Are you coming to breakfast?" I asked him, not knowing what else to say.

"Why not?" And so we left, him walking in front, and me trailing behind.

"So, I'll see you later?" He asked once we got to the Great Hall. I nodded my head and turned to head towards the Gryffindor table.

No POV

Draco sat with Blaise, and luckily Pansy wasn't there.

"So," Blaise started to ask, "how's living with the mudblood?"

"Don't call her that," Draco mumbled, defending her.

"Has Draco gone soft on me?" He asked with a grin. Draco reached over and punched Blaise in the arm.

"That stuff doesn't matter anymore, Zabini, don't you know that?"

Blaise seemed to find that statement amusing. "You just wait."

"What's that-"

"You'll see, Malfoy, you'll see." Blaise told him as he got up and left the Hall, leaving Draco to think.

As Blaise was getting down to the dungeons, the remnants of the Golden Trio were headed towards the Gryffindor common room. Once inside, Harry led Hermione to their old spot by the fire.

"Hermione, I don't know how to say this but...Well last night, I-uh...my scar was hurting." Harry watched the color drain from Hermione's face.

"What are you trying to say? Because if you think he's coming back-"

"I don't know what it means Hermione," Harry blurted out, stopping her. "I just know it can't be anything good."

"No! I'm not dealing with this anymore Harry! He's gone, just leave it at that. You're just kidding yourself. We're done here." Hermione got up, and fled to her common room. She was furious, but she knew it wasn't Harry's fault. He just always wants everyone to be safe. But she couldn't stand the thought of Him returning. It was bad enough keeping him from rising for six years. When he came to power... that was awful. There's no way it can happen for a third time.

Hermione sat down and pulled out her Charms book. She opened it to a random page. The Patronus Charm. She took out a wand and decided to practice. She closed her eyes and focused.

It was before everything. They were all happy. It was summer break of their fourth year. Everyone had just gotten to the Burrow. They were all in the yard. Ginny and Hermione; gossiping. Harry, Ron, Bill, George and Fred; practicing quidditch. When the boys were done practicing, they had started to complain about how hot it was. Bill pulled out his wand and pointed it at Harry. "Nitiqua." Bubbles foamed from his feet and he shot up into the air. Shortly we were all gliding about, colored bubbles filling the sky. Dancing, and laughing, covered in bubbles. It was one of her happier memories, from a better time, when everyone was there, and they had fun, not knowing what lie ahead.

A smile came to her lips. She took a deep breath, "Expecto Patronum." A white otter burst from the tip of her wand, and began to twirl around her. It was so beautiful, like pure magic. She smiled as she watched it dance about. But slowly it disappeared through the ceiling. She turned around to pick up her book, and found Draco standing by the table.

"Wh-what was that?" He asked quite shocked by what he had just seen.

"It's my patronus."

"That was... amazing." He said in awe.

"It's quite beautiful, isn't it? I could teach you if you'd like. Just think of your happiest memory and say 'Expecto Patronum'." She closed her eyes and focused once more before whispering, "Expecto Patronum." Again, the silver otter danced around the room, bouncing on the table, onto the chandelier, before disappearing once more.

"Easier said than done," He mumbled.

"You can do it. Happy thoughts," she told him dreamily.

He closed his eyes and tried to focus. He couldn't seem to find a happy memory. Some were better than others, but none were happy. He started to become frustrated. "I-I just can't!"

"Yes you can."

"I can't okay? You don't understand?" He spit at her before going to his room.

It's Draco, Hermione thought to herself, he's not like everyone else. I understand that. Its just going to take some getting used to.

*A/N*

So? Let me know what you think! Comment and vote! Oh, and by the way, "Nitiqua" is a spell I created using the two words Niti, and Aqua (the latin words for bubble and water) Just in case you were wondering.

Also I found something interesting that all you Dramione fans will love. During an interview, J.K. Rowling revealed that the only reason Draco was so mean to Hermione was because he liked her

Love you guyssss!!!

Especially Draco

Dramione Forever :')

Byeeeeeeeeee

~Mrs Malfoy*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.2K 2.4K 31
Five years into to the war, the Order is pulling ahead after ages of drastically losing. Draco Malfoy notices. He wants in. He offers himself as a do...
1.7K 74 4
Harry and Draco create this weird routine where Harry always ends up in Draco's spare bed. When secrets spill and confessions are admitted how will...
71.6K 3K 31
Draco Malfoy is looking for a new start, hoping to set out to clear his name and begin again. Harry Potter is looking for a new normal, hoping to se...
183K 5.4K 11
Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy are appointed as head boy and girl in their final year. They go from sharing a common room to sharing a forbidden...