Crimson Murders

By Melancholic_Lotus13

Being able to see things no one has ever, is not great. Izuku-a boy who just wants to live a normal life and... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Epilogue
Sequel is out + Pictures

Chapter Thirteen

5.3K 282 189
By Melancholic_Lotus13

I really enjoyed writing this chapter sleep deprived, but hey, I edited it in the morning when I was fully awake.

Stalking is simple, especially if one is good at it. The Hosu ward in Tokyo is being targeted for another murder case. They have found out it is, they're just looking for him. The Hero Killer: Stain. The heroes there are looking for him. One known as Ingenium. They are having trouble tracking him down. Unknowingly to them, they're being stalked from a hidden niche of one of the higher buildings. A crazed smirk on his face says enough. He is out for blood today.

* * *

After their fight, Midoriya catches up with Shinsou. "Hey! It doesn't matter what your quirk is, you'll be a great hero." He gives him a smile, taking his glasses off once they're under the tunnel. Their eyes meet and he says, "Your quirk is amazing! You can do so much with it. Don't be discouraged by people. It's human nature."

"Wa-wait! You're from the bridge." The smile tells him all he needs. "Thank you. I don't think ever got to say it, but thank you."

He nods. "It's nice seeing you again, Shinsou."

"Likewise Midoriya." He holds out his hand and Midoriya shakes it with that famous smile of his. Maybe not everyone is bad. A few of his classmates had cheered him on, and that had never happened. A lot of people would alway avoid him because of his quirk. They walk to the stands holding a small conversation together. This, this is nice. I hope it doesn't stop.

The Festival continues on, and Iida is wondering if his brother is watching. His fight comes around ends when Hatsume Mei has no more of her "babies" to show off. He won because she forfeited the match. He goes and meets up with his friends, listening to Midoriya's mumblings as he watches the matches closely. He's profiling them, not just their quirks but their behavior. He blinks before taking his phone out to record him, wanting to know what exactly he can read. The fact that he is let on murder cases, it means he can read people easily, so he wants to see just how spot on he can be. He also notices that he can probably help his brother with something.

"Iida?"

"Yes?"

"Are you—are you recording me?"

"Yes."

"Good."

"Good?"

"I don't have my notebook with me. Smart thinking."

"Oh." A pause. "You should always be prepared, Midoriya!"

"I know." He sounds disappointed in himself maybe it's because he didn't plan accordingly. The somewhat elite makes a mental note to buy a handheld recorder for his friend for times like these.

The matches continue until it comes down to Ochaco Uraraka versus Katsuki Bakugou. Izuku and Iida both head to the room. There they find their nervous friend. "Hey, Uraraka."

"Oh! Hi Deku, Iida."

"We came to wish you luck, Uraraka!" announces Iida. He gives her a reassuring smile. "You have a formidable opponent." Iida excuses himself to answer the phone.

"Bakugou, he-" he takes a breath as he continues, "Uraraka, if you want, I can help you with a plan. I've studied his fighting-"

"No," she cuts him off. "It's fine, Deku. I appreciate it, but really, I want to do this without help." She smiles and stands up, placing a hand on her friend's shoulder. "I've got this, don't worry."

He gives her a smile in return and nods. "Good luck."

* * *

The fight was amazing, her asteroid field move was the best. In the end, she couldn't win. Her energy was spent from that last attack. Bakugou was pissed off as usual, and confronted him by asking why he put such a suicidal plan in her head. He shook his head told him the truth before making his way to where she was going to be. He tried comforting her but they announced his match before he had the chance to finish.

As he heads for the stage, he has a run in with Endeavour. Endeavour? What is he doing here? Probably to see Todoroki. "Oh, so you are here." Wow, can you sound anymore disgusted? I won't stop you. "Your quirk," he starts, "it's quite powerful. It can almost rival All Might's." Where is he going with this? Honestly, why don't people just get to the point in their rants?

"What? Where are you getting at?" The annoyance leaks into his tone. He doesn't have time for this and he won't leave. "I need to get going!"

"It's my son's duty to surpass All Might." It's his what? He can't be serious! "That is why I created him." He continues on and with every word, he pisses Midoriya off even more. His fight will be informative? He shouldn't disgrace himself? The whole creating thing? That's sick for a father to say. A parent doesn't create someone for something like that! Human nature, he argues. If the person is petty enough, wants revenge, then they will do something like this. The human would do whatever they can to achieve their goals, no matter how toxic they can get.

Izuku removes his sunglasses, his irises shifting to a dark purple with bright golden specks, different to the USJ incident. He stares straight ahead, not attempting to look at the number two hero, not yet. "I . . . am not All Might."

"It's obvious." He can practically hear the sneer.

The deadly aura around him flares, the temperature dropping could almost rival Todoroki's ice. This feeling-he intensifies it, makes it feel thick and suffocating. "It's . . . obvious?" The chilling, eerie calmness captures Enji's attention. It sends chills down his spine, paralyzed in his place. Sweat rolls down the side of his face, mouth open as his eyes never leave the kid in front of him. Izuku slowly turns around, glaring harshly at him. Those eyes, it's almost like he's staring Death in the face. Steely, cold, promising to show him hell if he makes one wrong move. "Then it should be obvious for you to see that Todoroki isn't you. He may be your son, but I fully do not accept that. Be glad I care about him enough that I don't go ruining your reputation." He grins that villainous grin, shadows seems to gather over his eyes seemingly making them look like sockets. "And trust me when I say this: I can and I will ruin you if I am given the chance." He leans back on the balls of his feet and tilts his head to the side, smiling that bunny smile. In that moment, it is difficult to know that he just threatened him. As he walks away, he wishes he had taken a picture of the out most look terror that was on his face.

Deku versus Todoroki. Hopefully neither of them go too far and someone ends up dying. Well, it's mostly Uraraka hoping that Izuku doesn't go outright insane with this or else he may be thought of as a villain, and she doesn't want her friend to be looked at with fear. He's such a good strategist, but sometimes he scares her. Self sacrificing. He doesn't seem to show any restraint until someone is safe. That is worrying. Deku, you shouldn't put the weight of the world on your shoulders. I already know how you are, I can see it. Please, please be careful.

The fight starts and there's already an explosion. Shouto had sent a wall of ice that Izuku had broken through by sacrificing a finger. Izuku is mad, he knows what Todoroki is planning. "Oh! So you're going to only use ice? I told you! If you want to beat me, don't half ass it!" He moves forward, taking the small window of opportunity to get closer. His eyes are sweeping across the surrounding areas, taking in everything he can use. The moving of Todoroki's hand movement catches his attention. He watches it head towards him before he moves out of the way, scowling. He is making him mad, that's good. Anger helps dull the senses and cause someone to become sloppy. Todoroki, on the other hand, has been trained to control his emotions, so it'll be more difficult for him to lose control. Hit the right weak points in the emotional block, then watch as any control slips away. He's able to trade blow after blow, usually getting his left side before jumping back.

Blast after blast, Todoroki sends the ice. Midoriya continues to dodge the assaults punching him at times before breaking another finger to stop one more attack. He watches as frost starts to slowly cover his right side. A drawback. That's it! It's unbalanced. Then he sees those dual eyes leave him. They slide away towards the stands where Todoroki's father stands. He scowls before dropping it. A broken hand moves up to his eyes, taking ahold of his sunglasses and rips it away. Izuku discards them to the side. "You want to beat me? You can't even keep yourself balanced."

"What are you talking about?" he snaps. Another blast and another finger broken. They continue going, Midoriya says nothing but his eyes are glittering dangerously. Their fight is long, Midoriya can win easily but he doesn't. He always stops and waits for the other to take the upper-hand, fighting right back.

"You've always been known as Endeavour's son. That is what you are trying to show: that it doesn't matter who your father is, you are who you are." His voice is monotone. He stands a few feet in front of him with a blank look. "You are pettily avoiding to use your left side, slowly destroying your body." He takes that moment to strike him, punching him in the ribs. He drives him a few steps back before being forced back himself. He can see his resolve slipping. "I destroy my body because I can barely control my own quirk. You know how to control yours to a degree and yet, you let it destroy you." He watches as he looks away again. "YOU'RE FIGHTING ME!"

A flash of surprise. He didn't expect such an angry shout like that. It threw him for a loop, blindsiding him long enough to get punched in the face.

"Stop looking at that IDIOT and look at me! Or are you always going to look towards him for approval during real fights?" He takes a deep breath. "It's your goddamn power! It's your fucking LIFE!" Those eyes, they change slightly to a soft violet before fading back to sharp green. Those jade irises glitter, shining brightly when the light of the fire coating his left side hits them. At that moment, he knows he won't be able to defend against it. All of his fingers, have been broken again. Soon the temperature drops and a huge ice blast is heading straight for him. He uses One For All in his right arm, moving forward to meet the attack.

Cementoss, who had been second guessing himself, finally acts. He stops the fight and everyone watches as the assaults meet the cement walls. The two are blown back, only one being out of bounds. "MIDORIYA IZUKU IS OUT OF BOUNDS!"

Todoroki stares with wide eyes as they haul the broken body of the other to the infirmary. He follows, heading to the waiting room to change. Because of how messed up the stage is, there's a break. He stares at the table, thinking back to the fight. He could've won, he drove me back several of times. Why did he continue? What was the point? He broke both of his arms! I can't figure him out, yet he can see through me.

"He has a crush fracture in his right hand. I won't be able to revert it back to the way it used to so cleanly anymore. For now, the fragments need to be extracted so they don't get stuck in his joints . . . healing comes after. You've asked too much from the kid. You put ideas in his head and this is the outcome of those ideas." Chiyo chastises Toshinori. "Don't praise this, for its not something you should praise." At that moment some of Midoriya's friends are yelling at the teen because of his performance, standing at the door of the infirmary. The sight of his arms bound to his chest, it's frightening. They watch his eyes flutter open before they're being told to leave. "Everyone get out! He's being prepared for surgery!" Recovery Girl chastises them, pushing them out and ignoring the shouts of worry.

The boy is unconscious. No pain. Toshinori stands there with a solemn look on his face. He goes and sits outside of the room, letting her work. The entire time, he thinks of Midoriya. It is true that he shouldn't praise it, but he can't help but feel proud for how he's growing in mentality. He is getting closer to being a hero! No, he already is a hero.

When he wakes, his right hand is shown to him. The scars stand out against his pale skin, the crooked fingers a sole reminder. "This is what happens. You shouldn't have gone all out like that. This should be a reminder of why you need to control it. Now, I won't be healing more wounds like this, okay?"

He nods in understanding and glances at Toshinori. "I'm sorry," he murmurs. What exactly is he sorry for? There are so many things. A huge list of things. He just feels disappointed in himself because he didn't do as All Might wanted-what he hoped for.

"It's okay my boy. Just focus on healing right now." He smiles and pats the boy's head. "I'll check on you later, okay?"

He nods with a smile. Once he's gone, he turns his attention to Death. She is in her healthier looking form, giving him that disappointed mom stare. "Hehe. I love you?"

"No."

Recovery Girl watches the boy hold a conversation with Death. "I know, I'm an idiot." A pause. "No. It's okay." He smiles and turns to look at her. His eyes hold slight pain and exhaustion. "Death says hello. Also, she's mad at me and will like to see what your punishment will be for my stupidity. Albeit, I hate for you to be entrusted for that. You shouldn't be responsible for me. It should be Principal Nedzu."

A soft smile replaces the deep frown. "Izuku, I don't pretend to know what goes through that complex mind of yours, but I do want to hear why you chose to save him in the manner you did."

"He wouldn't have listened to me in any other way. That was the only way I thought of in less than a bit." He glances over to the being she can't see. "I don't want someone to hurt their body because of something else. He knows how to control his quirk to an extent, but he purposely hurts himself. I cannot avoid hurting myself! I'm trying so hard to keep from doing so, and to see someone do it on purpose, it infuriates me!"

"Death . . . proud. I-zu-ku should . . . pro-tect . . . first."

"I should protect myself? Is that-?"

"Yes."

"You should listen to them. You need to protect yourself as well as others."

A soft smile, then he's gone to watch the rest of the festival.

The third round go smoothly, but in the end, Bakugou won. Midoriya watched the entire fight and knows that Todoroki messed up. Bakugou is livid because he half assed it. That's great. What's even better? Bakugou is acting very violently at the moment. The only other thing that Midoriya pays attention to, is Iida's sudden disappearance. He faintly heard the conversation, but then he just left. He sighs, watching the ceremony. His phone rings and he curses. He can't hold it well. His arms are bandaged and casted. His left hand is okay, but the bandages restrict some movement and he's in pain. He will not go through that pain for a measly phone call. "Kirishima, can you—?"

"No problem!" He grabs his phone and they walk to the halls so he can hear the person. Kirishima puts the call on speaker. "Hello?"

"Is this Midoriya Izuku?"

"Yes. Who's this?"

"My name is Kenji Tsurugamae. I'm the Chief of the Hosu Police Department. Midoriya, I have been informed by Tsukauchi that you're the person to reach."

Kirishima who's listening stares at Izuku in shock. What is going on? Why is the leader of the police reaching out to him? Izuku scowls, ignoring his classmate. This isn't good. "Well, it depends on the case. I can give a behavioral analysis of the Unsub and help give the initial area where one can be hiding as well as interrogation."

"You're needed at the Hosu police station. The investigation needs your help."

"Send me the details and I'll meet you in Hosu later today."

"Farewell and be safe." A click and the call ends.

"Midoriya?"

"Don't. I'm not answering any questions. Just forget what was said, it'll be better for you. Thank you for helping me, but I must leave."

* * *

Two days later, Iida is waiting for his friends. Because of the Sports Festival, people recognized them all at some point, so some will be having difficulties getting to school. (Midoriya was overwhelmed in the train that morning because of it. Almost had a heart attack.) One glance at his friend and Midoriya can see something is wrong. He knows what's bothering him. "Is this about what happened with Stain and your brother?"

Iida stares at his friend, frowning deeply in bewilderment. "You heard?"

"I'm-uh, I'm actually working on the case."

"Your what?" The angered exclamation brings unwanted attention from the other students who look on with interest (they have no business in this). Iida is livid. How can the police even think that is a good idea? "That's ridiculous! You're only fifteen! How can they-you shouldn't be!"

"Ii-Iida! It's okay. Please, lower your voice. Let's get to class and I'll explain what I can."

Aizawa-sensei isn't in the room, yet. That's good. Now, Iida is staring at his friend awaiting for answers on how he was wrapped up in a case as serious as this. "How are you working on this?"

"Kenji Tsurugamae called me. He asked for my help. I gave him the rundown that Stain works in the alleyways. He will target a hero he believes is only a fake, has no good purpose for being a hero and will bring them to an alley. His motive is to rid the world of fakes, and only heroes like All Might should exist." Iida is thoughtful. His demeanor is off, Midoriya notes. "Iida, don't. I know what you're thinking."

"I don't know what you're implying, Midoriya. I'm not going to do anything rash."

"Iida, if you need to talk, come to me. I promise, I want to help. Okay?" Midoriya is really worried for his friend. He'll have to make sure that he doesn't do anything that will harm him-little hypocrite would do the same thing but that isn't the problem at hand.

"Okay." Stain is going to pay for what he's done to my brother.

Midoriya sighs and rubs the bridge of his nose. "Deku! You're not wearing your sunglasses!" Uraraka's chipper voice catches his awareness. Since the Festival and after the fight with Todoroki, he's stopped wearing sunglasses. Of course, there are times where the feeling of them missing gets to him and he needs to have them on. Because of this, he has them in his pockets at all times. "Your eyes are so pretty, I'm glad that you're not wearing them anymore, but it is weird after one gets used to them."

"Heh, try having worn them almost all your life. Sometimes I freak out because I can see things without a tinting to the colors." He gets her to laugh and they speak while trying to include Iida.

"Everyone to your seats," announces the bored and now fully healed teacher. "Today's lesson will be on Hero Informatics." For whatever reason, the mood dropped, then Aizawa heard the mutterings-prays of people not wanting it to be a pop quiz. Honestly these kids will be the death of me. Problem Child will probably give me a heart attack with the things he's done-and will keep doing. "You will be starting internships soon. After the Sports Festival, many of you have been selected by many places." The results are shown. Todoroki and Bakugou are the two highest. Izuku got no recommendations though. A few behold in the results for a few good minutes. "Because of this, you will need to choose hero code names. They will be going-"

"Through me!" Thus comes in the R-rated hero Midnight, the handcuffs rattling with every step. She's been standing out there the entire time, waiting for that moment. "Of course, this will change one day if you feel like it, but please choose the right ones if you can." She watches as the class cheers while Midoriya looks bored and glances at his phone when it dings-loudly. Kill me. And stop staring, I'll gouge your eyes out. He curses when he forgets that he didn't silence it. "Midoriya, why do you have your phone out?"

"Oh! My apologies, Midnight." He sheepishly grins and places his phone away. He ignores it, in hopes that the sender knows he's in class. He huffs when a few people look away.

"Problem Child." The said kid looks up when his teacher looks up from his own phone. "You're dismissed."

"Wait? Seriously? Midoriya gets to leave?" Kaminari complains. He watches him get out of his desk, but not grabbing his things.

"Yeah, what business does shitty Deku have that's so important?"

Many more questions are cried out as Izuku makes his way out. Chief Kenji Tsurugamae is here and needs to speak with our little listener, Midoriya Izuku. -Present Mic. Some of the questions causes him to hesitate at the door, looking at Aizawa and seeing what exactly he was going to say. "Important matters is what business he has that is so important, to answer your questions. Now go, Problem Child."

"Yes sir."

Midoriya is standing in front of Tsurugamae, Toshinori, Principal Nedzu, and two teachers: Present Mic and Snipe (both of their classes are being covered). Three of them seem to be concerned, almost as if they're not on board with a plan that they have. "Is this about Stain?"

"Yes."

"Tsurugamae, are you this is a good idea? He's only a kid. Why have a kid be on a case like this?"

"Snipe-sensei, if I may. I've been helping on murder cases since the age twelve-thirteen?-and I assure you that everything will be fine. All I do is provide a profile and help them determine a hypothesis on where the killer may be hiding, where they strike, and help on a few interrogations if needed. Everything will be under control and under no circumstances am I allowed to physically act." Why are they not meeting me in the eye? He frowns when he looks over to Turugamae.

"That was the original plan, yes." What? Yagi looks ready to stop Tsurugamae; he doesn't. He can't for when the dog's mind is made up, there's no changing it. "But, given the circumstances, you have authorization to use your quirk and apprehend the man as long as you have supervision and backup."

Okay, yeah, whoa, won't that have a change after the fight with Stain? Well, yes. I know this won't ever happen but hey, it's fiction. I can be accurate with a few things and then something like this happens. Please no one attack me. I just see an idea with this. And Izuku has 2 chances left. Should he lose 1 during the fight with Stain or Muscular, or should he lose 2 chances because of these fights?

My one follower on tumblr said that it'll make more sense for him to lose both chances to these two fights. Your opinions.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 4K 23
//DISCONTINUED. Sorry.// ma·ni·a ˈmānēə/ noun an excessive enthusiasm or desire; an obsession ---------------------- #1 in Insane Deku 12/23/18 #1 in...
27.8K 1.2K 48
✨completed as of 12/12/21✨ ⭐️97k+ words⭐️ 🌞 finished editing as of 1/2/22🌞 🧀you can see my writing get better throughout this book lol🧀 When Izu...
1.1K 29 15
Izuku Midoriya is the traitor of Class 1-A. However, as with most things in his life, it's complicated. After his father left, life with his single m...
572 74 13
What if several tragic events meet in quick succession and drive the boy to the brink? A broken dream in early childhood Losing your best friend to r...