Old Friends, New Beginnings |...

By mayaxwriter

PETER PARKER FANFIC **** Peter Parker has been your best friend since you were young and you both are crushe... More

Part 1 - Kids (Prologue)
Part 2 - Back to Queens
Part 3 - Hey Parker...
Part 4 - Just Friends...
Part 5 - Spider-Boy
Part 6 - Web Fluid
Part 7 - Night Talk
Part 8 - Homecoming Tears
Part 9 - Cloud Nine
Part 10 - Homecoming Game
Part 11 - Dinner Butterflies
Part 12 - "You look perfect tonight"
Part 13 - Airport Meetings
Part 14 - Just Leave...
Part 15 - I Missed You
Part 16 - Gemini
Part 17 - Tony Stark
Part 18 - Mind Messages
Part 19 - Elise
Part 20 - The Gift
Part 21 - Burns
Part 22 - Partners
Part 23 - Banks and Secrets
Part 24 - The New Guy
Part 25 - Birthday Surprises (Part 1)
Part 26 - Birthday Surprises (Part 2)
Part 27 - Questions
Part 28 - Goodbyes and Lies
Part 29 - Drunk from Love
Part 30 - Forget
Part 31 - Ember
Part 32 - Thoughts
Part 33 - Confession
Part 34 - Back Again
Part 35 - Work Lies
Part 36 - Dad
Part 37 - Dinner
Part 38 - Discovery
Part 39 - Consequences
Part 40 - Delmar's
Part 41 - Job Offer
Part 42 - Bottom Bunk
Part 43 - The Ticket
Part 44 - The Call
Part 45 - MJ
Part 46 - Explanation
Part 47 - A Walk
Part 49 - Mom
Part 50 - Reassurance
Part 51 - Meeting
Part 52 - Hero Talks
Part 53 - Safe
Part 54 - Dress
Part 55 - The Last Night
Author's Note & Sequel Tease

Part 48 - After School

5K 149 89
By mayaxwriter

Half the school day was over and I was already exhausted. Peter kept trying to come up to me and talk but I walked away every time. I didn't want to talk to him at all.

That's a lie, I just didn't know what to say to him. I wanted to be with him, but I also wanted time to think. Why was he going to Liz's tonight? I keep telling myself it's for a project or for the Academic Decathlon, but then why would she add the winky face to the message?

The bell rang for 6th period, which I, unfortunately, have with Ned alone. Every other class I have with Ned is also with Peter so they stick together. But we got to choose our seats at the beginning of the year, so Ned and I sat next to each other.

I walked into my English classroom and saw my teacher standing at his desk looking through papers. I made my way to my seat to find that Ned was already there.

"Hey," he greeted me with a smile. I set my books down and took off my backpack before replying.

"Hi," I sat down next to him and opened my notebook, preparing for today's lesson.

He looked over at me uncomfortably and unsure of what else to say. He fiddles with the notebook pages in front of him and then looked up at the clock as if to check if he had enough time to say something.

"I'm sorry about you and Peter," He finally said.

I took a deep breath in and looked at Ned, "Did you know? About him and Liz?"

The bell rang just as Ned opened his mouth. I motioned for him to talk but our teacher cuts him off.

"All right, you will all have ten minutes of creative writing, and then I will ask some of you to share what you wrote," He sat back down at his desk working on a crossword puzzle.

"I didn't know," Ned whispered.

I rolled my eyes, "Why didn't he tell me,"

Ned looked to make sure our teacher wasn't watching, "I don't know. He's all confused and sad about everything right now. I've never seen him like this. He didn't even do any of his homework for today,"

"He really wants to talk to you, Y/N" he continues, "I know he messed up, but he still loves you, and he wants to be with you."

"When I first found out about what happened with Liz, I took my plane ticket to Florida and stormed out of his apartment," I said, "I told him I was gonna move to Florida because of him,"

"Are you?" Ned asks.

I shake my head, "I never wanted to move to Florida, Ned. I want to stay here with him, I was just upset,"

"So you're not moving?"

"I don't think my parents will agree. They want me to move," I shrug and look up at Ned who is staring at his paper.

"Why is Peter going over to Liz's house tonight?" I softly asked.

"What?" He questioned, "Oh it's just an Academic Decathlon practice. Liz told everyone to text her if they wanted to come. I'm going, and I think MJ is too."

I felt a huge weight get lifted off my body. It's like my heart just grew ten times bigger but I feel lighter. I felt hope.

"Wait, how did you know he was going over tonight?" Ned questioned.

I forgot about that part. I couldn't tell him I snuck into Peter's room, that would seem creepy, "Uh, that's not important," his eyebrows raised, "Listen can you tell Peter to meet me at my house after school before your practice?" I asked.

"S-sure," Ned stuttered.

I mouthed him thank you, and I turned away and placed my pencil on my page writing the date. Mr. Hayes got up out of his chair and stood in the front of the classroom.

"All right, Y/N would you please tell us what you wrote about?"

I froze in my place because the only think on my paper, was the date, and a doodle of a flame that I drew yesterday.

~

Peter's POV:

"Did you talk to her?" I asked Ned as he got out of English class. I waited until Y/N left and then moved closer to wait for Ned.

At lunch, I asked Ned to talk to Y/N during English. I wanted to know if she was OK and if she was mad at me still. She's been ignoring me all day.

I've tried to talk to her about five times, but every time she turns away from me and takes off. I needed to talk to her.

"Yeah," He began to walk down the hallway with me following, "She doesn't want to move to Florida. She wants to stay here,"

I shook my head, "But I saw her take her plane ticket and then she left."

Ned stopped at his locker and turned the dial to the correct numbers to open it, "She said she didn't mean it, she was just upset."

He opened his locker and put his textbook and notebook in there, "She somehow knew that you were going to Liz's tonight. It was weird,"

I scrunched my nose, "What did you tell her?"

"I told her it was a decathlon practice, and that we would all be there," he shut his locker and then shrugged, "It was the truth and she believed me."

"Good," I sigh. My nerves calmed down.

"She wants you to come over to her house before decathlon practice,"

I stopped walking and looked at him, "She does?"

Ned laughed but I didn't know why "What?" I asked.

He kept laughing and shook his head, "It's like you went from blue to yellow when I told you she wants you to come over. You look like Little Miss Sunshine. You just got so happy."

~

Y/N's POV:

I sat on the couch waiting for Peter to ring the doorbell. But what if he doesn't come?

It's been a half hour since school ended, and the decathlon practice is in an hour according to Ned. I continued to text Ned asking where Peter is. Unfortunately, Ned was just as clueless as I was.

I heard movement on the other side of the door so I jumped up and opened it, my mom stood on the other side fiddling with some papers, "You're home," she said.

"Yeah, I came back last night." I opened the door wider so she could walk in.

"Honey look, let's sit and talk." She set down her purse and papers on the kitchen table and grabbed my hand while we walked over to the couch.

We both sat down and looked at each other, "I know, I haven't been the best mother lately. I've been so caught up in work, I haven't been there for you. I basically missed your homecoming, I didn't even realize that you introduced Peter as your boyfriend when we picked up Elise at the airport."

"Mom," I grab her hand and squeeze it, "It's fine. Really. I was upset at first, but you can't be watching over me every second."

"Are you and Peter OK? He wouldn't tell me what happened."

I sighed, "I don't know. I've been ignoring him ever since that morning. But I asked Ned to tell him to come over after school, but it's been a half hour. I don't think he's going to show up."

My mom looked at me worried, "What happened?"

"He kissed another girl. But Tony Stark got me and him together for a short five minutes and Peter explained he was semi-drunk and once it happened, he knew it was wrong and left."

"I have to say, I don't like you hanging out with that Tony Stark. It's dangerous Y/N," She shook her head disapprovingly, "What do you even do there?"

"Uh, I just-" My sentence was interrupted by a knock at the front door. I looked at my mom and motioned her to leave, she made a face and then left.

I slowly walked to the door and waited on the other side for a moment. I hadn't even thought about why I wanted him to come over. A part of me wanted to tell him I love him and I'm sorry for ignoring him, but another part wanted to still give it some time.

My hand slowly turned the doorknob and opened the door to see Peter standing on the other side. He was wearing a white t-shirt with some nerdy quote about the periodic table. He had a small jacket over it and jeans on. He looked nervous but relieved.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey,"

I opened the door wider telling him to come in. He nervously walked inside and stood by me, "We can go up to my room to talk,"

I started for the stairs before looking back to see that he wasn't following me. He started at me with sad eyes, frozen.

"You coming?" I asked looking back at him.

He looked like he had just awoken from a dream, "Yeah, yeah."

Once we both made it up the stairs and into my room I closed the door quietly behind me. I made my way to my bed and sat down on it, while Peter just stood there.

"You can sit down you know," I told him. I used my telekinesis to move my desk chair in front of me for him to sit down.

He stared at it and then sat down hesitantly, "Y/N, I'm so sorry. I didn't want to hurt you at all. I miss you, I miss us."

I was amazed at how desperate he sounded. But still, I shook my head, "Why didn't you just tell me? I would not have been as angry if you had just told me when it happened."

"The fact that you kept this from me is the thing that bothered me the most," I tell him.

"I wasn't thinking. I was nervous," He paused for a moment before asking me another question, "Ned said that you knew about the decathlon practice tonight. How did you know?"

I hesitated for a second. Should I tell him? He'd probably think it's creepy because it is. I basically snuck into his house while he was sleeping and looked at his phone.

"Um, the other night, I kind of snuck into your room for a couple of minutes," he looked shocked as I continued, "your phone buzzed so I snooped and saw a text from Liz. I just didn't know it was a decathlon practice."

He chuckled for a couple of seconds. God, I missed that smile. Hearing him laugh made me feel so much better.

His expression turned serious again, "I miss you Y/N. Please give me another chance, I promise not to hurt you again. I've loved you since we were little, and I don't think I can stand to lose you again."

I stood up from my bed and walked closer to him. Kneeling down in front of him, I grabbed his face and pressed his lips against mine. His lips were soft, and the kiss was perfect. It felt just like our first kiss, my stomach filled with butterflies but my mind was bursting like fireworks.

We pulled apart, staring in each other eyes. "I know I didn't say it before because I was hurt, but I'm not hurt anymore so I'll say it now," I said looking into his dark chocolate colored eyes.

"I love you too, Peter."

-

-

-

-

A/N: I got so many comments on my last few chapters of people saying how heartbroken they were because of how the chapters ended. So, don't worry, no more heartbreak for right now. I only have 7 more chapters left until this book is completed :( Luckily the sequel will be out a week after the final chapter! I have both stories planned out until the end and I can't wait to write it all into words and share it with you guys. Remember to vote, comment and follow. Love you all!

Love always,
MJ Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 4.7K 23
You are a young 18 years old girl, in your last year of high school. Because of your father's work, you constantly had to move to other cities and ch...
295K 8.5K 63
"But that's ruins all the fun now, doesn't it sweetheart?" || Determined. Sarcastic. Genius. All words to describe both of the Starks. Peter Parker h...
264K 10.3K 36
This was the biggest opportunity of your life. A summer in New York City - the summer before you went off to college nonetheless - interning for Star...
47K 1.6K 25
PETER PARKER FANFIC [Sequel to "Old Friends, New Beginnings ||Peter Parker"] ****** Turns out everything that seemed perfect, was only a dream. It's...