Welcome To My Masquerade

By innocentuniverse

Allison is just a regular girl. I mean sure, her best friend is rich and boys fall all over her constantly, b... More

Welcome To My Masquerade
The Note [1]
Not All Hospital Nurses Are Nice [2]
The Dinner [3]
Lunchtime Breakups [4]
New Neighbors [5]
House Party [6]
Ex-Boyfriends & Panera [7]
5 Guys & 1 Girl? Something Has To Go Wrong [8]
Pineapple Kisses [9]
Emotional Breakdowns and Plans [10]
A Whole New Person [11]
The Frustration Gets To Everyone [12]
Opening Up [13]
The Answer I've Been Waiting For [14]
Rebecca Black In The Morning [15]
Dinner And A Movie [17]
So Not Funny [18]
Talk About Confusing [19]
Confessions [20]
I'm Not Jealous... Psh! [21]
Lunchtme Kidapping [22]
English Assignment [23]
Epilogue [24]

Meeting The Parents [16]

1.5K 46 1
By innocentuniverse

*Chapter 16: Meeting The Parents *

I walked through the front doors of Hunter's house and dropped my bag on the floor near the door, taking my shoes off and placing them there as well.

"Hunter?" I called out.

"In here, princess," he said, calling me by my new nickname. I wasn't really a big fan of it but now, it was hard not getting used to it. The more I heard it, the more I liked it.

I smiled as I walked through his house until I reached the living room. Hunter took up the whole couch, his back on one end and his legs spreading out against the rest. He had the remote in one hand as he looked through guide, his other hand behind his head.

"What's up?" he asked me as I walked in.

"Nothing, really," I said as he moved over on the couch so I could lay next to him.

He took his free hand and wrapped it around my waist to make sure I didn't fall off, his other hand still pressing the scrolling buttons on the remote.

I smiled, leaning into his touch more.

"How was school?" he asked.

"Same as always. Except Paul called me a wh*re and Eric punched him in the face. They're both suspended tomorrow," I said.

Hunter rolled his eyes. "Yeah, Paul has issues. Anyways, are you hungry?" he asked me as he shut the TV off, deciding nothing good was on.

"Yeah, what do you want?" I asked, getting off of the couch. I helped Hunter up because he wouldn't admit it but it was hard for him to get up from the couches and whatnot without help.

Once he was standing he looked at me. "Thanks," he said.

"Your welcome," I said, smiling.

He leaned in for a kiss but I dodged it. He frowned at me.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing," I said, laughing. "You're just too cute," I cooed, pinching his cheeks.

"And that's why you won't give me a kiss?" he asked.

"You already got your daily kiss this morning," I said as we walked into the kitchen. I opened the fridge, examining what they had.

He wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me close to him so my back was against his chest. He brought his mouth close to my ear before breathing out in a sexy, husky voice, "So then what about yesterday? I got like eight kisses if not more," he said.

I could tell he was smirking. "Yeah, well those days only come once a week," I told him, turning around so I was facing him.

He stepped closer to me and I stepped back. He took another step and I took another step back until I was pinned against the fridge.

He smirked at me, filling the distance between us. Hunter brought his mouth to the side of my ear before whispering, "I always get what I want."

Hunter then pulled back, his face suddenly centimeters away from mine. My eyes went wide at how close we were.

"How about we eat?" I suggested. Don't men always want food?

He scanned me up and down. "Oh, I think I know what I want to eat," he said, smirking at me.

I pushed on his chest. "Stop being such a wh*re," I said. He chuckled but stayed still, not backing up an inch.

"Now, are you ready to change that daily kiss rule?" he asked.

I smiled. "Nope."

"Fine then," he said, his smirk growing wider.

Before I could ask, I screamed and bent over, protecting myself. Hunter laughed as he continued to tickle me. Dammit! Why'd I have to be so ticklish?! I cursed myself as I tried to protect myself.

Finally, I gave up.

"Okay- enough- stop Hunter - stop," I panted between breaths.

"I think the correct terms are 'Faster Hunter. Harder Hunter. Don't stop!'," he said.

I laughed and shoved his chest again. "You are such a perv!"

"But I'm your perv," he said before his lips met mine.

Instead of arguing and continuing with my 'daily kiss' thing, I kissed him back. I wrapped my arms around his neck as the kiss deepened, his tongue slipping into my mouth. I moaned as he picked me up, wrapping my legs around his waist. This helped because now I was about the same height as him, giving me better access to his lips.

I shrieked, still not breaking the kiss though, as he shoved me against the fridge, my body squished between his and the large piece of cool metal behind me.

He cupped my cheeks and I smiled, kissing him back even more. The kiss was filled with so much desire and lust.

I let my hand grip the back of his hair tightly as he moved his hands down, gripping my waist. I smiled against his lips before slowly pulling away, all the breath in me suddenly knocked out.

I placed my forehead against his as we both desperately breathed for air. He chuckled, making his chest move. I bit my lip, smiling at him.

"How that for your daily kiss?" I asked him as he brushed a loose piece of my hair out of my face.

"Let's just say best kiss ever," he said as he seated me on the counter top.

His lips met mine again, but this time it was more soft and gentle. I'm not sure which kiss of his I liked more because to be honest, they both made me go crazy.

I kissed him back, my back bent since now, on the counter top, I was taller than him.

Suddenly, the front door opened and I jumped down off the counter top, gripping Hunter's shirt for dear life. My grip slightly relaxed when I saw it was his parents. Key word; slightly.

Honestly, I was mad at them. They left him here all alone while he was injured and only visited him once while he was in the hospital for a week. I mean, whether they were home or not, I still would've been here but I didn't understand how they could do that to him.

His mother smiled at me. "Oh, you're Ally right?" she asked.

I bit my lip, nodding slowly.

"Oh, well thank you for taking care of my son. He can't watch after himself," she said. "His great-aunt's sick so we had to go visit her because she might just pass any day!"

Oh, well that was a somewhat good explanation!

Then, as an afterthought, she glanced over her shoulder at Hunter's dad. "How old is she?"

"Ninety- eight, " he replied.

"Oh, yeah! She's ninety- eight. She's lived a good life though," his mom said before she walked over to the little table they had near the window. She began to scan through the mail, sorting them in different piles.

I stared at him mom. She was fairly young. Probably around the same age as my mom. Somewhere in her mid to late thirties or possibly early forties. There were no signs of wrinkles on her whatsoever. Her black hair went a few inches past her shoulder. She wore a cute sundress with a pair of one and a half inch heels. She looked about the same height as me. Hunter definitely got his blue eyes from her because his father had hazel ones like me.

His father wore a pair of khaki shorts and a tight fitted maroon shirt. Not something you'd see a day wear everyday. He had on a pair of sneakers as well. His brown hair was spiked up in the front, just like Hunter's. I bit back a laugh because honestly, his father just looked like an older version of him. Which was weird if you think about it because I'm dating Hunter.... awkward!

"So, you kids hungry?" his dad asked us.

Hunter nodded. "Yeah, we were just about to make something. Pizza maybe?"

"Wait, you want to make pizza or order it?" his dad asked, making us all laugh.

"I think it'd be safer if we ordered it," his mom said.

"No, let's go to that pizzeria on the corner," Hunter said. I knew where he was talking about. I'd passed by it before and had been there a couple times. Their pizza was really good but I forgot the name of the place. I'd probably remember it when I saw it. Duh, cause then I'd know what it was! Anyways...

"You up for that, Ally?" his dad asked me.

"Yeah, Mr. Daniels," I said.

"Oh, nonsense," he said, taking me by surprise by wrapping me up in a hug. "Call me James."

I glanced over his shoulder at Hunter who was smiling brightly at me, trying no to laugh.

"And I'm Mary," Hunter's mom said, hugging me, too.

"Oh, well nice to meet you all," I said as she pulled away.

"Well, I'll just go take a shower and change and then we can go," Hunter's dad said.

I looked up at Hunter to see him smirking down at me, making me want to slap him so bad. But then again, after that kiss, I wanted to kiss him again so bad.

***

"So now my parents know about us," Hunter stated.

We had just gotten back from the pizzeria, which was called Papa's Pizzeria. Typical name, I know. But they made the best pizza ever!

Hunter's parents had announced that they were going to watch a movie and we could join them but Hunter had dragged me outside for a walk. Not that I minded. I loved being with him. We held hands as we walked around the neighborhood.

I smiled, kicking a small pebble near me. "Yep," I said.

He chuckled. "Are you okay? Ever since my parents got home, you've been... I don't know. Off," he said.

Hunter stopped walking, making me stop as well. He brought his finger to my chin, lifting it, forcing me to make eye contact with him.

"What happened to that girl that was singing 'Friday' at the top of her lungs this morning?" he whispered, a smile on his face.

I smiled back before gently kissing him.

"I don't know. I guess I was just nervous," I said, as we started walking again.

"If it makes you feel any better, I was nervous, too. You never know when the baby pictures come out," he said, making us both laugh.

I shook my head at him, still smiling. Then, I stopped walking and looked up at him.

"Hunter- do you think it's - you know - bad that I haven't told my parents about us yet?" I asked him.

He smiled at me before letting out a small laugh and gently kissing my lips.

"That's what you were worried about all this time?" he asked me when he pulled away.

I shrugged. "I don't know. I just know that some guys get mad about it," I said.

"Too bad I'm not some guys," he said. "Plus, you have a lot going on. You have Steven, school, and you're constantly here taking care of me! Like, when was the last time you took a shower?!" he asked.

I shoved his shoulder, making him laugh. "Jerk," I muttered as I kept walking forward. "And for your information, I took one this morning at your house," I said.

"And I missed that!?" he asked.

"Perv," I said.

"First I'm Hunter. Then, I'm a jerk. Now, I'm a perv," he stated. "So confusing!"

I shook my head at him as we turned back onto our street.

"But seriously, you spend six hours a day at school which you don't want to go to, you spend the rest of the day visiting Steven, Bridget, and then taking care of me which you do an amazing job of, and you just don't have time to go home even when it's right next door. And that's fine, as long as you know that I'm yours, and you're mine," Hunter said, kissing my again.

When he pulled away, I groaned. "Stop kissing me! You already got your daily kiss," I joked.

He looked at me with this look that said 'you're kidding me right?'

"Didn't we just talk about this?" he asked.

"I don't know, did we?" I asked with a smirk before I took off, running down the street, laughing.

Hunter chased after me and I knew he was gaining on me but I was still ahead by a few. Since his parents were watching a movie, I decided to go to my house for protection.

I ran inside and shut the front door, resting my back against it as I took in deep breaths. Soon, I was thrown forward as the door opened and then shut again.

I laughed as I ran into the kitchen and ran around the island, Hunter on the opposite side of me. Suddenly, Candy popped her head into the kitchen and ran over to me. I hadn't seen her in a while so I decided to pick her up.

Unfortunately for me, Hunter chose that time to run around the island and wrap his arms around me, catching me. I laughed as Hunter tickled me and Candy licked my face.

Then, my dad walked into the kitchen holding a baseball bat, followed by my mom. Typical dad... I thought.

He placed the bat down and smiled at us. When his eyes laid on Hunter, he picked the bat up again as my eyes went wide. Hunter just chuckled.

"Dad!" I yelled, as I placed Candy down and grabbed the bat out of my dad's hands. "What the heck?!"

"You never know, sweetie," he said.

I scowled at him. "Mom, you already know Hunter. Dad, this is our neighbor, Hunter, my boyfriend," I said, intertwining our hands together.

"Aw," my mom cooed. "I always knew it would happen."

"And when did this happen?" my dad asked.

I bit my lip. "About 2 weeks ago," I admitted sheepishly.

He scowled at me while my mom continued to imagine our wedding inside her head.

"Dad, listen. I haven't been home only because I have school, I've been at Bridget's, I've been visiting Steven, and I've been taking care of Hunter," I told him.

"Oh, yeah!" my mom exclaimed, snapping out of her dreamland. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm doing fine. You're daughter's been doing an excellent job of taking care of me, giving me my medication and making sure I'm in bed on time," he said.

I blushed slightly but Hunter just smiled down at me.

"She got those habits from me," my mom whispered, making Hunter laugh.

"Well you must be a very good mother," he said. "Oh, and I love that little guy. We're like, the best of friends now," Hunter said.

"Oh, you met Steven?" my mom asked him, looking between us.

"Yeah, while I was in the hospital. Apparently he was dying to meet me," Hunter said. "But we got along really well together. He's like my little brother and I hope all goes well with him."

"Thank you," my mom said, on the verge of tears.

Hunter's eyes went wide as he looked at me for help. Now, it was my turn to laugh at him.

"Don't worry. She's overreacting," my dad said before he walked into the living room and turned on the TV.

Once he left, my mom stopped crying. "Works like a charm," she stated, smiling at us.

I looked at her in confusion.

She rolled her eyes. "I faked crying so your dad would leave," she whispered.

Hunter and I said, "Oh," waiting for her to continue.

"So," she said, a smile on her face. "Can I see a kiss?"

My eyes went wide as my face flushed. "Mom!" I said.

"What?" she asked, as if she innocent.

"I'm not just going to kiss my boyfriend because you're forcing me," I told her.

"Then don't do it for me. Do it for love," she said.

I gulped at the 'L' word because honestly, I've never really been in love. Brandon's never really tried either to make me fall in love with him.

"Sorry mom," I said. "Hunter only gets one daily kiss."

"So? Break the rules. Be a rebel," she replied.

Hunter grinned down at me. "I like your mom."

I rolled my eyes.

"Now, where's my kiss?" he asked.

"Hunter-" I said. He began to tickle me again. Letting him know my weakness wasn't good.

"Okay- okay- fine," I choked out.

He smiled before leaning down and pressing his lips to mine, his hands on my waist.

I wrapped my arm around his neck, kissing him back. He nibbled on my bottom lip, asking for entrance but I denied, not wanting to make out with my boyfriend in front of my mom.

I pulled away and he smiled at me. "That's been about seven today, princess," he said before laughing.

I rolled my eyes at his comment and my mom as she let out "Aw, how cute," and all those other stuff.

Then, she asked it.

"Hunter, do you want to stay for dinner?" she asked.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*XxWTMMxX*

Author's Note:

Here's another chapter! I hope you enjoy it. It looks pretty long but it's probably only 3-4 pages.

Please vote, comment, and fan! <3 Thank you! (I still need that one last fan & two more votes to reach 50!)

See a mistake? Point it out!

What do you think? How do you think dinner will go?

I hope you all have a good day/ night. (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 172 17
Holly and Jordan have been best friends all their lives. Nothing has ever gotten in the way of their friendship, but when their school has a winter s...
26.4K 666 35
High school isn't always that easy there's always something that can get in your way, well that's exactly what happened to Niall Horan, he got bullie...
4.7K 80 23
Daina is lucky enough to get a place at her dream school in London. By mistake she meets Niall Horan and his friends, and by mistake she falls for hi...
9.8K 201 7
Katrina is just a normal girl who is head over heels for the famous Justin Bieber. Just like every other girl in school, she is beyond excited when s...