When Both Ties Meet (NEW BOOK)

By queeniebee100

Go through the life and journey of young Paige Carter as she experience love, drama, hate, and betrayal. It's... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
6
7

5

190 19 3
By queeniebee100

The next day

PAIGE POV

The date with Jah'mir went pretty well than I expected. I wasn't too nervous. He paid for both of our food. I wasn't too comfortable about it at first because I didn't like people doing anything for me, but Jah'mir persisted.

We was talking about what we planned on doing after high school. He said he wanted to go to an HBCU college and study business, I told him I wanted to go to school for Law.

My future colleges was either UCLA, Howard, or Morgan State.

Other HBCU's was on my mind but those was the main colleges I was trying my hardest to reach for.

As the school year was ending, I got mostly A's and B's in almost all my classes.

My gpa was high enough, and I was on honor roll.

Jah'mir was in honor roll as well.

We was also chatting about our relationship preferences, where we both came from, the kids at Richmond and etc.

Right now, I was at Shay house in her room chilling with her.

I just got to her house and she was already bombarding me with mad questions about the date with Jah'mir. She was getting annoying as hell but I most definitely was gonna spill the details to my best friend.

"He don't got a girlfriend right?." Shay said.

I shook my head.

"Nah. He was telling me he wasn't in no relationship or nothing. He said his last relationship was about a year ago or something."

Shay scoffed and shook her head.

I looked at her and frowned.

"Damn. He must be fooling around with bitches then. Don't forget he still a street nigga Pay."

I chuckled.

Shay wasn't making no type of sense. Just because the dude wasn't in a relationship for a year didn't mean he had to be necessarily hoeing around.

"Why you say that? That don't mean nothing."

Shay looked over at me.

"See, here you go being naive. I'm not saying to not talk to him I'm just saying watch out. That's all."

I sucked my teeth.

"We not even together though. It was just a date."

Shay laughed as she stood up and brushed her long hair in the mirror on her dresser. I was still sitting at the edge of her bed.

"Sis....that don't matter. Y'all still talking. You don't wanna be talking to him while he out here entertaining other bitches. You gonna look dumb out here."

I sighed.

"And ain't no nigga out here gonna have my best friend out here looking dumb."

Before I could say something back, Shay bedroom door opened.

It was Shay mother, Denise.

She looked so beautiful.

She had her brown hair down to her shoulders. She was wearing some shorts that went up to her knees. The shorts was hugging her legs and hips really nicely. She also had on a light pink blouse with an Louis Vuitton purse in her hand.

Me and Shay quickly turned around and seen that it was Denise.

She walked in the room.

She smelt really good. She smelt like Caress soap mixed with Tahiti Island Dream perfume from Bath and Body Works.

That was my favorite perfume.

"Where you finna go?" Shay asked her mother.

"I'm about to go meet up with some old friends. Listen, your two little cousins are on their way. Watch them. When I come back imma give you 40 and Auntie Clara gonna give you 50 tomorrow when she pick them up tomorrow."

Shay sighed at first but smirked once she heard she was getting paid for watching her cousins.

90 dollars wasn't bad at all for babysitting.

Meanwhile, I only get paid like 20 or 30 dollars for watching Janiya and Phoenix and my parents made more than enough. Janiya and Phoenix was a handful.

"Where Shaquan?" Shay asked while facing her mother.

"He in Brooklyn some where with his friends. You already know he be staying out late as hell."

Shay sighed.

"And stop questioning me. You gonna get paid for watching them. Make sure you take them outside and feed them."

Shay shook her head.

"Ok."

"Alright I'm out. See y'all later." Denise said before she walked out the room.

We both waved at her as she left the room.

"I don't wanna watch my bad ass cousins but a bitch gotta go shopping, ya feel me?." Shay said flipping her hair at the end.

I laughed at her foolishness.

She acted so dumb sometimes.

"Yup...I definitely feel you."

I knew who her little cousins were. Elijah and Anthony. Elijah was 7 and Anthony was 8. Those were Shay's aunt kids.

They was always doing something to get themselves in trouble but I still loved them though. They was adorable.

Elijah, the 7 year old, had a little crush on me. I thought it was pretty cute.

"What time they coming?."

"They coming in about an hour. Somebody dropping them off."

I shook my head.

"Oh ok."

"Yeah, I would tell you to spend a night with me to keep me company while I gotta watch these bad fuckers but you can't spend a night anymore."

I sighed.

"Yea. Let me get going though, it is a little late and you know how my mother is."

Shay laughed.

"Right. Mommy don't be playing."

We both laughed.

I grabbed my bookbag out of Shay large closet and made sure I had all my belongings before I left.

Before I could open the door, Shay stopped me.

"Don't forget to text or FaceTime me the rest of details between you and Jah....you ain't low sis."

I laughed.

"You know I am."

I left the room and walked to the house door. I opened the door and jumped hard as hell once I seen a woman I didn't know standing in front the door.

It looked like she was about to knock.

She smiled.

"Hey, is Shay here?."

I frowned wondering who the hell she was.

I never seen her around before. I didn't want to let her in the house without letting Shay know.

The woman looked like she was in her 20's.

"Um...yes, imma go tell her she got a visitor, you could come in." I said letting the mysterious woman in.

She was brownskin and had her hair in a big nice and neat bun. She was dressed nicely with some ripped up jeans and a green halter top.

She was beautiful. She had brown eyes.

She walked behind me into Shay room.

I opened the door.

Shay jumped, looking away from her laptop.

Her eyes almost popped out the sockets once she seen the woman.

Her mouth gapped open.

She immediately jumped up from the bed and ran towards her.

"Oh my fucking god!." Shay said running towards the girl hugging her tightly.

They both held each other tightly.

"I miss you so fucking much Jerrika!."

Jerrika smiled showing her pretty white teeth.

"I missed you too girly."

I was standing there looking confused as hell wondering who the hell was this girl. The name Jerrika sounded familiar though. It sounded like Shay mentioned the name a few times but I never really paid any attention to it.

They both let each other go.

"I missed you so much you don't understand." Shay said all excited.

Jerrika sighed.

"I miss you more. How you been?."

Shay smiled.

"I've been good. How's California?."

She smiled.

"What? Great. I didn't even wanna leave but I missed my family and friends to much. I'm on vacation from school so imma be down here for about 2 weeks."

Shay mouth opened in excitement.

"What? It's litty!."

I tapped Shay on the shoulder making sure I got her attention.

Shay looked over at me.

"Oh shit. I don't think yall ever met before. Paige this is my big cousin Jerrika and Jerrika this my best friend Paige."

Jerrika smiled at me.

Her smile was so beautiful.

"Hi Paige. You so pretty."

I smiled. I loved receiving compliments from pretty girls.

"Thank you."

Shay spoke.

"I'm so happy you here girl. Her ass was about to go home...you here now, you could keep me company while I watch Elijah and Anthony."

Jerrika laughed as she put her bag on Shay dresser.

"Yo mama making you watch their bad asses? I miss them like hell though so I ain't even complaining. I'm ready to fuck those little niggas up."

Me, Shay and Jerrika all laughed.

"And y'all better not be doing nothing y'all ain't got no business doing. You ain't fooling around with no boys right?." Jerrika asked Shay.

Shay had a nervous look on her face.

I tried my best not to laugh.

Shay sucked her teeth and waved her hand at her.

"What? Hell no, I don't got time for no nigga right now." Shay lied.

Jerrika laughed.

"Oh ok. Yo ass better not be lying to me."

I walked towards the door heading out.

"I'm out." I said as I walked out the room.

"Text me hoe!." Shay yelled across the house.

I laughed and quickly left Shay house and called up an Uber.

I was walking a few blocks away from Shay house, trying to find a spot where I could wait for the Uber.

It was getting dark and it felt like it was gonna rain.

Sadly, I ain't have no umbrella and all my hair was out so I was beginning to get mad as hell.

I was patiently standing underneath a scaffold waiting for my Uber to come until I heard a deep voice from the side of me.

I jumped and seen it was Andre, Shaquan friend.

I frowned. How come we always bumped into each other?

"Wassup....what you doing out here in the rain this late?."

I frowned.

It wasn't even that late, the day was just beginning to end.

I shrugged my shoulders shyly while looking at him.

He was fine as hell.

He looked so much older than me, which made me pretty sad.

"I'm coming from Shay house. I'm waiting for my Uber." I said lowly.

He continued to look at me while he had his hands in his pockets.

I was looking the other way as I felt his eyes burning a hole on the other side of my face. I felt nervous and uncomfortable.

"Oh word? Let me drive you home ma."

I quickly turned my head and stared at him for a few minutes.

I didn't know if he wanted to hurt me and set me up or was he really serious.

I didn't know the dude like that so I didn't trust him and I definitely wasn't taking the offer.

"Um....how I know you not gonna try to kidnap or rape me? No, I'm good."

He laughed hard as hell.

"Huh? Ain't nobody gonna hurt you girl. I drove you home the first time you ain't complain."

I chuckled and shook my head.

"I'm not complaining. And that was a different story....we was coming from a party and I was with Shay."

Andre sucked his teeth.

"Look I ain't finna go back and forth with yo ass. Come with me to my car so I can drop you off. It's about to rain cats and dogs out here."

I looked over at him with my arms crossed across my chest.

"That's what I got this scaffold for." I said pointing up at the scaffold.

"I don't care. Come with me. I ain't gonna hurt you babygirl, I promise. And besides, that nigga Sha will kill me so I know not to fuck up like that."

I was contemplating whether I should go with him or not. I really didn't want my mother or father wondering who took me home. They would flip and start going crazy, next thing you know they will curse me the hell out and try to hunt Andre down.

I also didn't know what his intentions was. It wasn't like I was some paranoid chick, I was just very cautious and not to fond on going with anybody, it didn't matter if they was somebody mutual.

I stood there still thinking. I did wanna get out this rain. The Uber was taking long enough, which was a surprise. A lot of my Uber's come pretty fast.

"Okay, whatever. My Uber is running late anyway."

Andre smirked.

"I knew your ass would come. Come here." Andre said putting his hand out for me to grab.

I mentally rolled my eyes and took his hand as we walked across this street to his car.

Once we got in the car, he quickly drove off.

It was silence for a few minutes.

I decided to break the silence, I did wanted to actually get to know him.

"Why you so aggressive?."

He looked over at me.

My panties was getting wet a little.

He looked so good.

He had on some grey sweatpants and a black shirt.

He was lined up really nice. His hair wasn't looking all nappy and messy.

He smirked at me.

"I don't know. I guess that's just my demeanor with anybody."

I shook my head.

"Oh, okay then."

"But people love my aggressiveness though. Mainly the ladies." Andre said rubbing his small beard.

I laughed a little.

"A lot of girls like that." I said shaking my head at him.

"You like that shit?" He asked me with a deep and sexy tone.

I immediately melted at the sound of his voice. I tried my best to keep my composure.

I was stuck for words so I was speechless for a second.

I didn't know what to say.

"Um, um....I guess so. I like when boys are aggressive, but not to aggressive if you know what I mean."

He shook his head at me in agreement.

"I get what you saying shawty. How old are you again?" He said looking over at me.

I sighed.

"15."

"Gerb."

I laughed and slapped his arm playfully.

"Shut up."

He looked over at me and had a grin on his face.

"Make me shut up."

I frowned, wondering how that escalated so quickly.

I was too shy to do anything so I just looked at him and had a smirk on my face. I leaned on the car window looking at road. It was still raining outside but the rain looked like it was slowly fading away.

He chuckled and looked at me.

"That's what I thought."

I ignored him and rolled my eyes at him.

I sucked my teeth and swung my body to his direction. His eyes was still on the road but I'm pretty sure he seen me through his peripheral vision.

"Since you asking me so many questions, how old are you.?"

He frowned and looked at me like I said something crazy. He sucked his teeth hard.

"You don't ask no grown man how old they are....your parents never taught you any manners?"

I sucked my teeth. I was starting to get annoyed at his goofiness.

"I'm pretty sure you are not grown." I said putting emphasis on the word grown.

He ignored me.

"I'm 19."

I was completely shocked at what he just said. I couldn't believe he was that young. He looked so much older than that.

I deepened my eyes at him to make sure he wasn't lying. I didn't want to believe him but I was pretty sure he wouldn't lie about being that young.

"Wow." Was all I could say to the dude.

I turned my body straight.

He laughed.

"What? You thought I was like 27-28 or some shit? Nah I'm a youngin shorty."

I was quiet.

"I thought you was a little older than Shaquan. That's why I'm so surprised."

"Don't be. I get it all the time."

We was almost near my apartment. I kinda didn't wanna leave cuz I was actually enjoying this little time with Andre, even though I didn't know him.

Overall, he seemed like a very cool and laidback dude, and I liked that about him. He always cracked jokes and played so much, it's hard to take him serious sometimes.

Once we pulled up to my block, he drove to the front of my building.

He looked over at me. He had a sincere and pleasant look in his eyes that put me in a trance.

I shook my head a little, getting back to reality and straightening myself up.

"Yo, you want me to walk you————"

I quickly cut Andre off, knowing what he was gonna say.

"No no no. I mean....no thank you. I don't want my concierge to see you. He reports everything to my parents."

He chuckled.

"Damn your parents must be mean as hell girl."

I smirked and shook my head.

"Yeah, I guess if that's what you wanna call it." I said as I pushed some of my hair to the back of my ear.

Andre continued to stare at me. I was beginning to get a little shy and nervous.

Why he always looked at me like that?

"Why you looking at me like that?." I said blushing a little.

He sighed and shook his head a little looking down at the floor for a second.

It looked like he was thinking about something.

"I don't know. You-you-you just mad gorgeous. That's all."

My heart immediately dropped and I could feel myself almost dying inside.

What did he just called me?

I thought this was a joke and I immediately wanted to head upstairs before anything else happened.

Was that just a compliment or did he say that because he liked me or something?

I didn't know and I didn't wanna find out no time soon. Andre is way older than me anyway. Besides, he's not just anybody....this is Shaquan, who's like a brother to me, friend.

I was probably thinking into deep into things so I just accepted that as a compliment.

"Um.....um thank you I guess." I said in a low voice.

He looked up at me.

"I think I should start going." I said as I quickly got out the car and closed the door gently.

Luckily, it stopped raining so I didn't have to worry about my hair getting wet.

Andre spoke.

"Wait hold up."

I turned around and faced Andre again.

He was looking at me through the passenger window.

He rolled the window down.

"I'm sorry ma, I hope you didn't take that any type of way. I was just admiring what I see."

I smiled a little. That comment made me feel a little special about myself.

Nobody really gave me compliments like that so I always had low self esteem for myself. I always thought I was ugly.

"No, you didn't mean no harm. Thank you."

He smirked at me and licked his lips a little.

"No problem ma. And you don't gotta be so shy all the time."

I smiled.

"Imma let you go. Imma see you later."

I waved goodbye to him.

"Bye."

I walked off and walked into my building.

I turned my head back and seen that Andre just pulling off.

I found it really nice of him how he waited until I got into the building. Most guys wouldn't do that at all.

I smiled.

I frowned once I didn't see nobody sitting at the front desk. I was guessing the concierge was in the bathroom so I shrugged it off and headed to the elevator.
——————
ANDRE POV

I watched Paige walk to her building, making sure she got in safe.

I quickly drove off and my thoughts started spinning all through my head.

I really didn't mean to let that shit slip out my mouth. It was more I wanted to say to Paige but I just I kept my thoughts to myself.

On the regular, I was a blunt ass nigga so whatever I wanted to say or whatever was on my mind, I would say it. Not taking nobody feelings into consideration.

It was different with Paige though. A nigga ain't catching no feelings or nothing cuz I barely know shorty but see seemed like a dope ass chick to kick it with, despite the fact of her being shy and quiet and all.

Paige had a nigga feeling different though. She was gorgeous, smelt hella good and had a nice little body.

I licked my lips thinking about how I would get her thick.

I honestly wanted to get to know more about her though, fuck age. If it had to take me to break her out her shell so she could open up to me more, so be it.

I continued to drive back over to the east side as I continued to think about Paige.

My phone started vibrating in my pocket.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket as my other hand was steering the wheel.

I looked at my phone and seen it was Kamora, another chick I kicked it with.

I picked up the phone and put her on speaker phone.

I placed my phone on the passenger seat as I continued to drive.

"Yerrrr, wassup?." I said.

"I miss you." Kamora said sounding all sad and shit.

I sighed.

Now this.

"You do?." I said.

She sighed.

"Yes Dre. Where you at?."

"I'm on my way home. I'm tired as hell, I've been running errands all fucking day."

She sucked her teeth hard as hell.

"Really Dre? I called you so you can come over."

I looked at the phone crazy as hell.

"Listen, Imma see. You live mad fucking deep. And I why you calling me this late? You had all day to call up a nigga."

She sighed.

I chuckled.

All she wanted was some dick and I wasn't horny right now.

I was tired as hell and besides, I couldn't get Paige off my mind for some reason.

"Listen, Imma see you tomorrow." I said hanging up the phone.

Once I got to the block, I parked my car a block away from my building.

I lived in a small apartment. It wasn't
bad looking at all and my rent wasn't that high.

My grandmother helped me pay for half of it. I still came over to my grandmother house and spent a night a few weekends. She lived in the Heights. She was all I got. If I lose her, I don't know what the fuck Imma do. I might cut everybody off and lose my mind.

Once I found a parking spot, I took the keys out the ignition and hopped out the car.

As I was walking towards my building, I noticed a bunch of niggas sitting on my stoop.

I frowned.

I dabbed up a few niggas and went inside the building.
———————
PAIGE POV

After my shower, I was laying in my bed thinking about what just happened between me and Andre.

I was laying on back looking up at the ceiling stuck in my thoughts.

I wanted to get to know him more but I knew that definitely couldn't happen because one, he's way older than me, two, he's way off limits and third, This is Shaquan friend, Shaquan would probably kill him.

My interest was on Jah'mir anyways.
Jah'mir had my heart for right now. Ever since the date, he been on my mind lately. The date went really well, which made me feel really good about myself.

Jah'mir texted me a few times after the date but today he hasn't texted or called me all day. I started to get worried a little bit but I calmed down and decided to just call him today.

I was kinda nervous to call him first but I just decided the call him anyway to get it over with.

I was wondering why he didn't call or text me all day today and I was starting to worry that he could've been doing something with somebody else.

Shay probably was right but I didn't want to jump to any conclusions so early. He wasn't my man anyway.

I grabbed my phone from my nightstand and unlocked my phone. I went to my contacts and scrolled down until I saw Jah'mir name. I ain't put no emojis or nothing next to his name, his name on my phone was just Jah'mir.

My heart started beating fast once I clicked his name. I put the phone to my ear as the phone was ringing.

I felt like he wasn't gonna pick up. I wanted him to pick up because I wanted to know what he was doing. I wanted to know why he didn't check on me today. It wasn't like he was obligated too, but we was both still talking to each other at the end of the day. It was all about respect at this point.

After the 4th ring, Jah'mir picked up the phone. I sighed in relief.

I spoke.

"Um hey....what you doing?."

He spoke.

"Oh wassup. I ain't doing shit. What about you?." He said.

It sounded like he was chilling but It still sounded like he had some type of suspiciousness is his voice.

"I'm not doing anything. I'm just laying down."

He sighed.

"I'm sorry I ain't call or text you all day babygirl. I was with my father all day today so I couldn't really go through my phone all day. I don't want you to think I was out here doing you dirty or something."

A small smirk crept up on my face.

My body rushed once he called me babygirl, even though I wasn't even his girl. I was just some regular shy lame girl he took out on a date just so he could make me feel special.

I still blushed when he called me his babygirl though. I was just stuck in the moment as I continued to listen to what he had to say.

I believed him. His tone sounded like he was honestly telling the truth and I appreciated him for keeping it a hunnid with me.

"It's okay I guess." I said with a low voice as I was playing with my white toe nails.

I didn't want to speak too loud because I didn't want my parents to hear talking to a boy.

They didn't know about Jah'mir yet and I wasn't planning on telling them just yet. I knew how they were, they were very strict and overprotective and my father already didn't want me having a boyfriend until I was 21.

My parents were crazy as hell.

"I wanna link with you tomorrow after school. Let's chill for the day."

I smiled. I didn't know what to say. My mind was still stuck in its own thoughts.

I never felt like this before a day in my life. Somebody who actually wanted to hang with me and somebody who always complimented me and made me feel special. That's exactly what he did.

I didn't want to put my feelings and my heart out there like that because I still don't know what could happen between me and him. I was still cautious and had my eyes on him. I wasn't some oblivious dummy.

He does go to Richmond high school after all.

"Sure, we could hang after school."

"Ight bet. Imma talk to you later sexy."

I immediately got wet and started blushing all over again.

Did this nigga really just call me sexy?

I laughed a little.

"Ok then." I hung up the phone and tossed my phone to the side of me.

I was now laying in my bed smiling thinking all about what Jah'mir said.

I jumped when I heard a small knock on my door. I frowned knowing it couldn't be my parents because they always would just bust through my door.

Typical black parents

I sat up in my bed and sighed.

"Who is it?." I said already knowing who it could've been.

Janiya or Phoenix.

"It's me." A small voice said through the door. The door opened revealing a short person. My little sister Janiya.

I sighed and rolled my eyes once my little sister entered my room with the door opened behind her. "What you want? Why you in here?" I said looking at her. She sucked her teeth and put her little hands on her hips like she was grown or something.

I chuckled a little bit. That little girl was just too much. "Mommy said come here." I said nothing back and immediately got up off of my bed. I started walking down the hall towards my mother room with Janiya trailing right behind me.

I lightly opened the door, seeing my father laid down sleep and my mother laying down on her backside typing away on her MacBook Pro. She was wearing her Gucci glasses that were prescribed.

She quickly looked up from her laptop once she seen me and Janiya standing in her room. She closed her laptop shut and put her Gucci glasses on her nightstand gently. "Janiya, go in your room, I gotta talk to your sister real quick." My mother said looking down at Janiya. Janiya sighed and left the room. I walked up to my mother and frowned. I wondered what she needed to talk to me about. I grew very nervous once I seen the seriousness in her face. I just hoped she didn't overhear the conversation between me and Jah'mir over the phone.

"Yes?." I said looking at my mother intently. "You aren't out there having sex right?." My mother asked me out of the blue. I immediately sighed and laughed a little. Every once in a while, she would call me in her room asking me that same question. It was starting to get annoying as hell, she was just so damn nosy.

"Oh my god. Ma, you called me in here just to ask me that? Im not having sex with nobody." I whispered, making sure not to wake my dad. My mother sighed. "Alright, I just had to make sure. You know you could always be honest with me? I'm not gonna judge you baby." I fake smiled a little nodding my head. My mind started to go back to Jah'mir. I didn't want my parents knowing about him AT ALL. I knew how they could be. They was very overprotective and never wanted me to have a boyfriend until I graduated high school.

"Ok." I quickly left her room and went straight to my room. I laid back down on my bed laying down on my side. I just had some much shit on my shoulder. First it was the rumors about me and Damien having sex surfacing throughout school, then it was Asia and Star, the whole Andre situation and now its me hiding Jah'mir from my parents and everybody at Richmond. I didn't want anybody to know the thing me and Jah'mir had going on, the only person who knew was of course Shay and I planned on keeping that way until I was ready.

How much worse could summer '14 get?

*******
What you guys think? This chapter is kinda rusty 🙃

PLEASEEEE COMMENT AND VOTE

IG; quiana_savvvvvvv (7 V's)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 40.8K 91
Shayla a senior in high school left to take care of her 3 year old sister falls for a drug lord named Kasen ...... is life with a thug better
43 0 31
In a small town, when it comes to the truth, who would believe the unpopular new girl over the police chief's popular son? Paige Clearwater's secret...
189K 4.7K 69
Must Read