Hurt // Marvel [2]

By superlukey

"I miss you." "I know." >..< Cover by hazholland More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23 - epilogue
Book 3 is up!

16

2.5K 70 25
By superlukey

All kinds of emotions course through my veins as Bucky is forced down to the ground. He doesn't deserve any of this. Bucky doesn't meet my eyes as the police officers force him to lay on the ground beside me to handcuff him. I desperately look over at Steve as my own wrists become bound behind me, waiting for him to say or do something. I don't want to fight, but I want to do something.

In front of us, I watch as the new man in the black suit removes his mask, revealing the Prince, or king now with his father dead in Vienna, of Wakanda.

"Your Highness." Rhodes speaks up as my eyes remain on the man in front of me. It's his fault we're all being brought in. If he hadn't come after an innocent man, Bucky wouldn't be getting hauled off into some large cell and the three of us wouldn't be getting arrested.

I look up to see Bucky finally looking at me, but he looks like he's sending me some sort of warning. I give him a confused look, unaware of any danger besides the numerous guns that remain pointed at all of us incase we decide to fight. I watch Bucky as his eyes move downward. I follow his gaze down my body before seeing a faint gold glow against my black suit. I whip my head around to the back of my body to see my hands glowing golden. Bucky sends me one last reassuring glance when I turn back around before he gets strapped down into a chair and the door to the truck he is in closes. Taking a deep breath, I glance behind me once more. The glowing has gone down with Bucky's look of reassurance, but it isn't gone. I'm still upset any of this has happened.

I look up towards Steve just in time to see him make a quick glance towards the source of light. He remains completely calm as he looks into my eyes, shaking his head. I roll my eyes at him as he looks away once more. Obviously I'm not doing this on purpose.

I close my eyes for a few seconds, taking a deep breath and thinking back to my time training with Bucky.

"Now get rid of it." He makes it sound like it's easy, like I can just decide when I want it to come and go. I'm not there yet.

"You should know a little more about how it's sometimes hard to control your body." I regret my words as soon as they leave my mouth, but Bucky seems unaffected.

"Just think of calm things. Family, friends, something like that." My face remains dead-pan as I stare at him. "Okay bad examples." Bucky's lips turn up into a smirk as he gets back at me for my comment and I roll my eyes.

"You're hilarious, James. I'm dying of laughter right now." He smiles slightly and raises an eyebrow, glancing down at my hands in front of me.

"I am hilarious, and I was able to distract you enough for it to go away." I look down at my own hands, noticing that the golden glow has disappeared once more. "So if you really need to, you could technically just think back to this moment."

The glowing is gone when I look down once more and I sigh in relief. Steve looks over at me once more, almost looking slightly surprised that I got it away so quickly. I haven't yet told him how much I worked on controlling everything.

>.<

Sam and I sit together in the back of a large SUV with Steve in front of us, and T'Challa in front of him. As soon as we start moving, my head turns to look out the window, not really paying attention to where we're going, but instead thinking of the expression that will be on Tony's face when I see him. I can't decide if he'll be disappointed or angry, and I'm not sure which is worse.

"So, you like cats?" I'm pulled out of my thoughts by Sam's voice, not-very-surprisingly making an annoying and unnecessary comment.

"Sam." Steve scolds Sam before I can get the chance to make fun of him.

"What?" Sam looks slightly offended as he stares at the back of Steve's head. "Dude shows up dressed like a cat and you don't want to know more?"

"Sam," I turn my head towards him as I speak. "You fly around with wings and call yourself Falcon."

"Yeah, cause I'm a badass."

"Your suit," Steve addresses T'Challa this time, ignoring mine and Sam's bickering behind him. "It's vibranium?"

"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior."

"See?" I speak quietly as I nudge Sam. "Panther, not cat."

"And now, because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of King." I fight the urge to argue with him right there; argue for Bucky's innocence in that situation. "So I ask you, as both warrior and king, how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?" My head turns to look back out the window as he finished speaking and I remain silent for the remainder of the trip.

I stay completely tuned out and in my own head until I realize we've pulled into a large building. I look out the window to see Bucky's large pod being moved around by a forklift. The door to the SUV opens and Steve steps out first. Sam follows quickly behind and I get out behind him before T'Challa had even made a move towards the door. Instead, he patiently waited for the three of us to exit first.

Bucky doesn't look over at us as we stand outside the car, and Steve quickly gives up trying to catch his eyes before turning and making his way over to where Sharon is standing with a slightly older, short man and three armed guards.

"What's going to happen to him?" Steve speaks up as we approach the small group of people.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you." The shorter man is the one who speaks up. "Psychological evaluation and extradition."

"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander." I quickly glance over to Sharon as she speaks before my gaze goes back to the man.

"What about a lawyer?"

"Lawyer. That's funny." A slight smile actually forms on his face as he speaks. "See their weapons are placed in lockup. Oh, we'll write you a receipt." Beside us, three men go walking by with each of our suits and weapons in their hands.

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that." Sam speaks as we follow behind Sharon and Ross towards wherever we're going.

We make our way down a few different hallways, losing Sharon along the way as she leaves to do other work, leaving the four of us with Ross and multiple guards despite the fact that none of us are going to attack anyone.

"You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell." Ross speaks up once more as we enter a skywalk and I immediately notice Nat standing a little ways down from us, waiting for us to approach her. "Now, do me a favor, stay in it?"

"I don't intend on going anywhere." T'Challa walks beside Ross as we continue making our way down the long hallway, Nat finally stepping in line with Steve, Sam and me.

"For the record, this is what making things worse looks like."

"He's alive." It's all Steve cares about as we continue to make our way into a large room filled with computers and employees. Tony's voice immediately stands out above the rest, probably because he generally talks unnecessarily loud.

"No, Romania was not Accords-sanctioned. And, Colonel Rhodes is supervising cleanup." He turns towards us as we approach, talking on his phone. 

"Try not to break anything while we fix this." Nat gives Steve yet another warning as she goes walking away.

"Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences." Tony continues to approach us as he speaks. "Obviously you can quote me on that 'cause I just said it. Anything else?" He pauses for a brief second before thanking the man he was talking to and putting his phone away.

"'Consequences?'"

"Secretary Ross wants you three prosecuted, I had to give him something." His face remains indifferent as he looks across the three of us, one of the only expressions I hadn't prepared to see.

"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?"

"Technically it's the government's property." Nat turns back to look at the three of us as she and Tony walk away. "Wings too."

"That's cold." Sam once again gets protective over his suit at the mention of not having it.

"Warmer than jail." The three of us watch as they both make their way out of the room.

>.<

I spin around in my chair as I sit just outside the conference room that Steve has situated himself in. He hasn't spoken a whole lot since we got here and I don't want to sit in an awkward silence so instead I sat outside, and now I'm bored out of my mind. My phone was taken away when they took our weapons and I don't have access to any of the computers, so here I am, acting like a six year old as I spin around in my chair.

I jump slightly as a hand grabs the back, but quickly relax when I hear Tony's voice.

"You're going to drive me crazy if you keep spinning this thing." He pulls up a chair in front of me and sits down so he can face me. "So, did you think this little plan was smart?" Here's the disappointment I was afraid of.

"Bucky didn't do this, Tony."

"There's a whole lot of evidence against him right now." He raises his eyebrows at me and my eyes narrow. There were multiple pages full of evidence in Bucky's favor in the notebook I had given Tony upon my return.

"Tony-"

"You know," He cuts me off, pointing a finger at me. "I know you're still young, reckless or whatever, but I wasn't expecting this." My gaze softens once more. "I thought you usually followed rules. You didn't drink underage, you don't go more than like seven over the speed limit. I was really hoping Steve's carelessness wouldn't rub off on you."

"This wasn't careless, Tony."

"No, it was pretty careless. I don't think you properly thought over the consequences, Riley." He leans forward in his chair, his voice lowering instead of raising as we argue. "Not only did you go out and help a criminal and assassin, you did it right after saying you weren't going to sign the Accords. Did you understand what that meant? Cause it meant that you couldn't get involved in any of this stuff, and now I need to save your ass."

"You didn't read my notebook." He looks surprised for a second before composing himself once more.

"I haven't exactly had a chance." He glances away from my face as I'm the one who is now disappointed.

"Please read it, Tony."

"I don't have it with me currently." He looks towards me once more. "Why is this relevant?" I open my mouth to explain my relationship with Bucky when Tony's phone goes off. He glances down at it and answers without hesitation, leaving me sitting there with my mouth still open.

"Hello." He turns away from me and walks out of the room once more, leaving me sitting alone in my chair ready to prove Bucky's innocence to one of the two people here who would believe my story.

>.<

Soooooo, Civil War was taken off of Netflix and I'm kinda pissed?? I know they did it to add Ragnarok and Star Wars or whatever but I'm not happy it's gone. That's what I had been using to write this and I only have a blue-ray copy of the disk and my computer doesn't support that, so that's fun. I've been attempting to find all the scenes I need on youtube, and for this chapter it worked but idk about some of the others. I guess we'll find out.

If anyone knows of a place I can watch it for free, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Question of the week:

If you could control the power of one infinity stone, which would you choose?

I would choose the reality stone because I feel like it gives you quite a bit of control over practically everything. Like you can literally change what reality seems like so that'd be kind cool sometimes. I wouldn't just use it to make people into springs and blocks *cough* Thanos *cough* But the time stone would also be really cool cause if you mess something up, you can just undo it.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 2.8K 41
ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʟᴀꜱᴛꜱ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ [2] ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴊᴀᴍᴇꜱ ᴄᴏᴍᴇꜱ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴇʟʟ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ʀɪᴅᴇ. ᴡɪʟʟ ʜᴇ ᴀʟʟᴏᴡ ʜɪᴍꜱᴇʟꜰ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴀʟʟ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴄᴇ...
106K 3.7K 23
𝙲𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝙰𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚊: 𝙲𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚕 𝚆𝚊𝚛 After getting a taste of what a normal life is like, Ava isn't sure she wants to go back into the su...
24.5K 869 19
Continuation of Valen After the events of the battle with Laufey (in book 1), Valen is presumed dead to her team. Only a couple know she has taken re...
145K 5.7K 40
OUR LIFETIME || PIETRO MAXIMOFF "i've lived enough lifetimes to know that i was meant for this one. i was meant for a life with you." m...