It Happened One Summer (Being...

By 8o8_iNSANiTY

More

IHOS 2
IHOS 3

It Happened One Summer

21K 211 92
By 8o8_iNSANiTY

So this is the new story that I've been writing up & I hope you guys like it...Please tell me what you think & if I should continue or not...

Dedicated to kauigirl for helping me with naming this story...

******************

Have you ever had one of those days where all you seem to do is sit back and think about everything that had happened in your life? All the events that led up to where you were right that second? Well, it was one of those days for Bryn Taylor. She was sitting at her kitchen island running her pointer finger along the rim of her glass. It was late and she knew that she should be sleeping but, it was one of those nights where sleep was not going to come easy. She had gotten home over an hour ago after working a 12 hour shift at the diner. 

Bryn stared down at her cup of water and sighed. Her mind wanted to race off to thoughts that she would rather not think about. Things that she would rather not remember. It was always on nights that she couldn’t sleep that the memories would plague her. She didn’t want that to happen though, she didn’t want to remember, not tonight. But, it just couldn’t be helped. 

~*~

Summer ‘07

The Summer break was coming to an end and Bryn couldn’t have felt more down about it. She had been having the time of life visiting some family that she hadn’t seen in a long time. Bryn didn’t know when she would be able to see them again. When Summer was over she was heading back home to finish out her last year as a high school student before heading off to college. She had been lucky that her grams had allowed her to fly half way across the country to visit the only family that she had left on her fathers side. 

They lived in a little town that had a total of 2200 people (give or take a few). To some that may not seem little but, it was to her. Bryn had spent most of her life living on the upper east side of Manhattan, so 2200 people was like a two block radius there. It wasn’t until a few years ago that she moved with her grandmother to her mothers home town of Browning, Maine. It wasn’t the hustle and bustle of New York but, still pretty fast pace in it’s own right and a welcomed change. 

Bryn’s mother had died during child birth leaving her father to raise her on his own as best he could. She had no complaints growing up, she had gotten the love that every child needs. Though her father wasn’t around from most of her childhood years due to working hard to maintain his international distributing company that he had started when he and Bryn’s mother first met. By the time she was seven years old her father was a millionaire and she was living the high life. He had also done a lot of investing and stock buying that earned him a ton of money. They had an endless supply of staff and a never ending list of nannies and tutors that pretty much raised Bryn when her father was not around. 

Whenever her father had any free time he would whisk her away on trips around the globe. By the time Bryn was 12 she had been to just about every continent and too many countries to count. In the spring of 2004 her father died of a fatal heart attack, leaving a 14 year old Bryn in the hands of her grandmother (her mother’s, mother). His company was left to Bryn but, his second hand man would run it until she was old enough to do it herself. Bryn had bank accounts filled to the brim with money that she didn’t know what to do with. There really was no use for the money since her grams had a bunch of money herself. 

“Are you going to finish getting ready or do you plan on staring at the wall for the rest of the night?” Bryn’s cousin Tasha asked walking into the room that she had been staying in over the break.

Bryn jerked in her seat and looked up at Tasha through the mirror. She had been so lost in her thoughts that she didn’t even know that Tasha had walked into the room. “Yeah, sorry. I was stuck in the past for a little bit.” Bryn replied and went back to finishing up her makeup.

She and Tasha were heading out to a end of Summer party with some of Tasha’s friends and she couldn’t wait. They had spent most of the Summer at one party or another if they weren’t at the beach. Bryn had never been one who cared for the taste of alcohol so she usually didn’t drink. But, she knew that tonight was going to be a different story. The Summer was coming to a close and in two days she would be hopping on a plane and heading back home. Bryn wanted to close out this Summer vacation with a bang and what better way then to get completely wasted. 

The hour was getting later and Bryn could, without a doubt, say that she was utterly trashed. As soon as she and Tasha had gotten to the party their drinking had began. They had gotten separated about an hour ago and Bryn hadn’t bothered looking for her. If anything Tasha would call her or she would call Tasha when either one of them were ready to go. Bryn didn’t feel uncomfortable in the least since she had gotten to know most of the people attending the party over the break. With a red cup in one hand and her heels in another she twisted my hips to the beat of the music. 

Bryn had to admit that this was one of the best parties that she had been to all summer. It was most likely because it was the end of the Summer party and just about everyone was there. A lot of people from town had just gotten back from their vacation’s so there were ton’s more people at the party then there usually was. As the song that had been playing faded a slower one replaced it. Bryn walked off the dance floor in search of another drink. She knew she should stop but, the alcohol was clouding her better judgement. 

“What’s a beautiful little thing like yourself doing all alone at a party?” a smooth voice whispered into her ear. Bryn shivered as the strangers warm breath caressed her neck. 

“I’m only alone at the moment,” she answered spotting the drink table. Bryn walked over and poured a drink into her empty cup, not really caring what it was. 

“I’ve been watching you for a while now and I haven’t seen you wit or talk to a single person.” he commented. 

“I’m here with someone,” she said automatically. His voice was too smooth. Way too smooth. If this stranger kept talking to her, she would surely be a puddle at his feet soon. 

“Like I said, I haven’t seen you with anyone.” he said

Bryn turned on her heels ready to tell the guy to fuck off but came up short. She hadn’t expected the guy to be so tall. When she had turned she was staring directly at his chest and had to tilt her head back just to get a good look at him. Not only was he almost six and a half feet but, he was gorgeous. Like model worthy gorgeous. Beautiful bone structure, straight nose, full lips (definitely kissable). His hair was a dark brown that reminded her of dark chocolate. Bryn wasn’t able to tell what color his eyes were since the lighting wasn’t exactly the best but, she could tell though that they were framed with some of the longest lashes she had ever seen on a guy. The kind of long lashes that would make any girl jealous. She wold know because Bryn, was in fact, jealous.

“Like what you see?” he asked with a cocky smile. A smile he probably used to get any girl he wanted. 

“I’ve seen better,” Bryn replied with a wave of her hand. There was no way she was telling him that he was Adonis reincarnated. That wouldn’t be weird of her at all. Note the sarcasm. Bryn finished off her drink and quickly refilled her cup. “Is there something I can do for you or do you plan on bothering me for the rest of the night?” she asked looking up at the beautiful stranger in front of her. “I’m sure there are skips of girls waiting to be at your beck and call.”

“I’m sure there is but, there’s only one girl that I have my sights on.” he shrugged. 

“Then maybe you should run along and find her,” Bryn said once again waving her hand. 

She knew that a guy like him would be interested in a girl like her. Bryn wasn’t by any means ugly or unattractive. She had been told many times that she was beautiful but, never really paid any mind. It didn’t really matter to her whether people thought she looked good or not, they were bound to judge you anyways. 

“What if I told you that I’ve already found her?” he asked 

“Then I would say that you better hurry up and get her before someone else does.” Bryn answered. She had no idea where this guy was going with this. At the moment she was too drunk to care. Bryn had already finished the second drink that she had poured herself before the stranger spoke again. 

“You might want to slow down a bit,” he said taking the cup out of her hands. “You wouldn't want to do something you regret in the morning.”

“Really?” Bryn asked placing her hands on her hips. “And pray tell, what exactly would I do that I would regret tomorrow?”

“I could think of a few things,” he said before leaning down. Bryn could feel his breath at her ear and shivered. “Dance with me,”

After that the night was a blur of dancing and drinking. At some point Bryn and the handsome stranger ended up in a vacant room on the second floor. She hadn’t been thinking about the consequences at the time. Bryn didn’t really even know what the heck she was doing. What she did know though, was everything just felt so good. The next morning Bryn woke up in her bed with the worst headache she had ever had. She couldn’t remember how she had gotten home let alone what happened the night before. 

It all came rushing back like a title wave as soon as she was able to move. Not only did her head hurt but, numerous other places on her body did as well. One place stood out even above the pounding of her skull. Her most private of places throbbed slightly and that little bit of pain had the whole night coming back to her. Bryn had lost her virginity to some random, hot stranger at the party. 

The day came for her to leave and Bryn still hadn’t told a soul about what she had done. She was leaving and it was best if she just forgot about what happened. Bryn would never see the guy again anyways. Bryn did feel a bit dirty for doing what she had done. She wasn’t the kind of girl who went to a party, got drunk out of her mind and slept with random people. Bryn had always looked down on girls like that and in one night she had become one of them. 

Bryn had managed to push all thoughts of that night out of her mind during the last few days of Summer. She didn’t think about for almost three months into her Senior year. Bryn would have completely forgot about it if she hadn’t realized that she missed her period again. Three months into the school year she found out she was pregnant and from that moment on everything changed. 

~*~

Present

Running her fingers through her long redish brown hair Bryn sighed. She didn’t know why that memory chose tonight of all nights to make an appearance. Bryn hadn’t thought about that night for years. Sometimes she would think about that Summer but, never that one night. The night she lost her virginity and ended up pregnant. So much had happened since then. 

Bryn had spent most of her Senior year pregnant and was surprised as how little people commented about it. She had always been an outgoing person and was able to get along with just about anyone. The only thing people in her school were shocked about was the fact that she had lost her virginity. No one really cared that she was pregnant. Most of the girls thought that she was amazing for deciding to do everything on her own and the guys thought that the baby’s father should at least take some responsibility. Bryn had laughed internally at that. Of course she would be doing it on her own since she didn’t even have a name to put to the face that haunted her dreams. Bryn knew that if people found that out they wouldn’t have been so nice about the fact that she was pregnant. 

“Momma,” a sweet little voice said tiredly. Bryn turned in her seat and gazed down that the little boy that was standing in the entry way of the kitchen. “I had a bed dream,”

“Come here,” she said opening her arms to her son. Almost sluggishly he made his way over to her and climbed into her lap.

Bryn stared down at her son as she ran her fingers through his dark brown hair. He looked so much like his father it was unnerving. The little boy in her lap was the best thing that had ever happen to her. Bryn had made a lot of mistakes in her life but, her son was the one thing that she had done right. Over the years she had heard the things that people had said about her behind her back about how there was no way she would be able to raise a child on her own. 

Wanting to prove to everyone that she would be able to do it, Bryn went out and got a job. She didn’t want to rely on the money that had been left to her to raise her child. Bryn wanted to do it on her own. Sure, she would tap into her bank accounts every once in a while if she needed to. That was not often though. 

Bryn continued to run her fingers through her son hair and soon his breathing had evened out and she knew that he was fast asleep. Bryn knew that now would be as good a time as any to get to bed. Lifting her son into her arms Bryn carried him to her room, knowing that if she didn’t he would surely wake up again. Bryn laid in her bed with her son tucked safely away in her arms and sighed. Braedyn – her son – would forever be a reminder of the night that changed her life forever and she would forever love him for it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

410K 14.8K 192
(BEING RE-PROOFREAD ATM) Won Yoo-ha, a trainee unfairly deprived of the opportunity to appear on a survival program scheduled to hit the jackpot, bec...
511K 24.1K 42
Needs editing [ the destiny series #1] 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒑𝒖𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒅 π’•π’‰π’†π’Ž 𝒂𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’…π’†π’”π’•π’Šπ’π’š π’‚π’ˆπ’‚π’Šπ’ 𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 π’•π’‰π’†π’Ž π’•π’π’ˆ...
171K 10K 39
The feeling of being abandoned by one's own family was not unknown to Aadhira. She hates her family for abandoning her when she was only a newborn, l...
63K 2.6K 17
Book #1 of DESTINY'S ALIGNMENT SERIES *ο½₯゚゚ο½₯*:.q..q.:*゚:*:βœΌβœΏγ€€γ€€πŸͺ„ "Shut up" "Your lips please ma'am" "What do you want? " "You, your love " "What...