Just like Brothers

By dont_mind_me_28

"Potter. Are you awake." "Yes Malfoy what the bloody hell is so important to wake me up at 2 in the morning... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
A/N
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
A/N
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
A/N
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114

Chapter 4

38.9K 1K 703
By dont_mind_me_28

"Let's go to Florean's, it's too hot out here!" Draco complained.

The boys were allowed to go to Diagon Alley for the day on the agreement that they would stay together. 

The morning had definitely been one of Harry's more embarrassing ones. After Malfoy and he woke up, they immediately got Snape split the bed into two separate ones in a desperate attempt to forget the previous night.

"Stop whining Malfoy. We will later! I need to find a present." Harry rolled his eyes, agitated at the other boy's childish behavior. 

He was on a mission to find the perfect present for Ginny's birthday. Entering the 7th shop of the day, Harry saw a set of beautifully decorated books. He came closer to the display and saw it was a set of diaries. 

If you wrote in one the writing would appear in the other and vice versa. Thinking back to the previous year he remembered how much Ginny valued her diary and enjoyed having someone to talk to at all times. 

Smiling at his choice of a present he checked the price tag; 15 galleons. He fished the money from out of his little money pouch he paid for the diaries at the counter.

"Are we done yet?" Draco asked on the way out of the store.

"No, I need to go to one more store."

A long groan was the boys' response.

They walked across the street and into the pet shop where Harry saw a white kitten with bright blue eyes. 

Ginny didn't have a pet to bring to Hogwarts either. He bought the kitten with a few of the necessities like food, toys, a cage, and a bed. 

Satisfied with his purchases for the day he went to Florean's with the blond. 

They sat at a booth happily licking their ice cream when a group of students from their year came through the door. 

Giving each other a look Draco quickly got up, handed Harry his ice cream, and escaped to the bathroom without being seen.

"Hiya, Harry!" Seamus yelled when the raven-haired boy came into view.

"Hello," Harry replied. "What are you doing in Diagon Alley?"

"Buying school supplies of course," Seamus replied. "You?"

"Shopping for a friend," Harry responded truthfully.

"Say, Harry, who's ice cream is that?"

"What."

"You have two ice cream cones in your hand."

"Oh, I was, uh, hungry?" Harry said it coming out more as a question than a statement.

"Oh, ok then." Seamus gave him a weird look. "Well Harry, I'll see you on the train."

"See ya, Seamus." Harry breathed, relieved he was leaving.

Once Seamus bought his ice cream and left Draco appeared. The two finished their ice cream and flooed back to their house.

The next morning Harry was frantically trying to pack a bag to bring to the Weasley's.

"Honestly Potter, your packing skills are horrible." Draco looked up from his book that he was reading on the now separated beds.

"You could help you know," Harry said bitterly.

Draco merely shrugged, "there's nothing better to do, and it will get rid of you quicker," he climbed off the bed, and to Harry's shock, started helping him folding the clothes he selected to bring and placed them neatly in the travel trunk. 

Shortly after they had finished packing Harry's stuff. He grabbed the presents and brought everything down the stairs and near the front door.

"Now Potter, no funny business while you're gone. You are to be back by Sunday before sunset understood." Snape said holding out his arm. 

Harry unwillingly grabbed it and in a crack, they were gone. Harry looked at his new surroundings. He was right in front of the Burrow not in some orphanage where he half expected Snape to drop him off at. 

Grabbing all his stuff he made his way to the door and knocked. Not even a second later Molly Weasley swung it open and greeted the boy with a smile and a hug.

"You're just in time dear! We're just about to open presents. Why don't you go put your stuff in Ron's room and I'll call you down when we're ready." The mother smiled.

"Ok, Mrs. Weasley, thank you." Harry returned the smile.

"No problem at all dearie, you're always welcome here."

Harry walked up the familiar flight of stairs to his best friend's room. He knocked on the door and waited for the ginger to answer. 

Ron swung the door open with a confused look but smiled when he saw Harry.

"Harry! I didn't know you were coming." Ron said opening the door wider to let him in.

"Ginny didn't tell you?" Harry questioned putting his stuff down.

"Ginny? How'd Ginny know?"

"She invited me."

"Oh, how long are you staying."

"Until Sunday."

Harry opened the cage and a little fluff of white came barreling out.

"Bloody hell Harry! I didn't know you got a cat!" Ron said, getting nipped on the hand by the small creature.

"I didn't, it's for Ginny." Harry laughed.

"Oh great, now I'm the bloody arse brother who only got her candy."

The best friends caught up on each other's summer. Ron had a bunch of stories from his trip to Egypt and Harry told him about his uneventful summer at the Dursley's, leaving out his new living situation. 

Not even 20 minutes later, Molly Weasley yelled up the stairs for everyone to come down. 

Ron grabbed his poorly wrapped box of candy and Harry grabbed the kitten and put her back in her cage. They ran down the stairs with the rest of the Weasley siblings and gathered in the living room. The present order went oldest to youngest left Harry going last.

Ginny's parents got her a new broom because she was sick of borrowing her brother's, Bill got her a charm bracelet from Egypt, Charlie a book on dragons, Percy got her a new set of quills and ink, the twins got her pranking equipment and Ron gave her the candy.

Then it was Harry's turn. He reached behind the couch he was sitting on and grabbed the cage that he had kept hidden. 

Hesitant on whether she would like the present or not he handed her the cage. Ginny reached inside and brought out the little white kitten, She instantly beamed with delight and shot up to hug Harry.

"Thank you!" She said stepping back. She stared at the tiny animal and marveled at how it fit in just her palms.

"I'm gonna name her Lumos," Ginny said and looked to the faces of agreement from her family.
Harry smiled in pride, he was static that Ginny had liked his present, he couldn't wait to give her the diary he bought. 

The large family ate lunch and continued to set up for the party before everyone arrived. 

Luna Lovegood arrived first, followed by Colin Creevy, Hermione Granger, and finally Neville Longbottom. 

They all handed Ginny her presents and followed her to the backyard. 

The party was fun and ended with a firework display from the twins. 

Soon everyone left leaving only Harry and the Weasley's, besides Bill and Charlie who had to return to work. 

They were all sent to bed for it had been a long day, but before retiring to Ron's room, Harry grabbed the diary that had Ginny M. Weasley engraved, and ran to Ginny's room. 

Harry knocked and heard a yell from inside.

"Go away, George! I do not want to be a test subject for your latest product!"

"Uh, Gin? It's Harry."

A second later the door swung open a Ginny poked her head through.

"Oh, Harry! Sorry about that! Here come in." She moved out of the doorway and he followed her into her room. As soon as he walked in his owl, Hedwig, that had been waiting for him flew over and perched on his shoulder. 

He pet her head and looked around Ginny's room, it was pink with two unfamiliar posters hanging up on the walls. In the center of the room was a small bed where Lumos was currently sleeping. To the left was a giant window with a cushioned window seat.

"Oh uh, I just came to give you this because, you know, I missed your birthday last year." Harry awkwardly ran his hand through his hair, a habit of when he gets nervous.

"You shouldn't have!" Ginny blushed, grabbing the book from his hands. "You've gotten me so much already."

"I wanted to," Harry replied. "I know how much you liked your diary and I have one just like that one so when you write it shows up in mine and vise versa. This was you'll always have someone to talk to."

"It's perfect," Ginny said and smiled. "I can't believe you spent so much on me though! I'll pay you back when I have the chance."

"No, really you don't have to, I wanted to get this for you. I don't care about money." Harry quickly said shaking his head.

"Well thank you, for everything." She smiled.

He bid the red-head goodnight and ran back up the stairs to Ron's room. 

The freckled boy was already passed out on his bed, snoring. Harry tried his hardest to change and get into his bed without waking him. 

Thankfully he didn't and the Burrow fell silent, all 8 of its residents fast asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1K 490 29
Y/N is a muggle born. All her life she had been taught normal things. But when her Hogwarts letter arrives, she can't help but be giddy with exciteme...
355K 7.7K 40
You knew the Malfoy's since you were little. You father, Severus Snape (a potions teacher at Hogwarts) is a really good friend of both but you never...
469 8 52
Harry and Jane are twins. Draco Malfoy very quickly became someone the Potter girl could trust. Something weird is going on with Harry. Even Ron has...
119K 2.3K 20
What if Ron had a twin sister? But alike in some ways but not many. She is sorted into Slytherin not Gryffindor. Her parents we ashamed a Weasley in...