The Alpha King's Rose

By Summer_Shadows

This is the third and final book to 'The Alpha's little Mate' Rose Blackthorn, youngest child and only daugh... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three

Chapter Seven

8.8K 235 17
By Summer_Shadows

Rose's POV

The soft rise and fall of my mate's chest woke me the next morning, I was snuggled close in his embrace, half lying on his chest with my head tucked under his chin. A smile grew on my lips at the soft tingles that played on the contact of our skin. 

I felt a cool breeze lift my hairs, I carefully glanced round to the open window, where the sun was just beginning to break through the mountains and trees. Longing for the outdoors wrenched in my chest as snow flakes floated in, gathering on the open sill. 

I looked back at Nicholas still fast asleep, his handsome face calm and relaxed, his dusky blonde lashes brushing his skin. Carefully I pulled away from him, trying not to disturb him from sleep, I quietly edged off the bed, I froze as his hand reached out searching for me but then stopped. 

I let out a breath I hadn't realised I was holding as I crept over to the window. I lent out taking in a deep breath of fresh, crisp morning air. In the distance, I saw movement in the pack village as the early rises began their day. My gaze fell again on the looming, tall pine woods, intimidating and cast with shadows. I wanted to run out immediately and explore this new land and its people, Nicholas had promised to show me around today, it probably wasn't wise to go running off again with our letting Nicholas know. 

I sighed, pulling back from the window, my wolf and I weren't used to being so enclosed, we would cope for now, but I refused to bend rules and unjust regulations just for the sake of tradition or ancestors, I didn't back home and I wouldn't here. 

I glanced back at my still sleeping mate before going into the wardrobe where my small travel bag was, I pulled out a long knitted jumper dress, a faded royal blue colour, which I used to wear around christmas time, but seemed a lot more appropriate now, it was one of my few warm clothes I had brought with me. 

I softly padded to the bathroom, quietly locking the door behind me. I put my things down and stripped out of Nicholas t-shirt, before heading over to the sleek power shower. It was glorious standing under the hot, thundering water, even though I had brought a few of my own toiletries I decided to use Nicholas' intriguing oils tow as my hair and body. They seemed to be homemade or at least made within the pack from some kind of natural remedy. I loved the feeling of this pine, earthy scent washing over me as I washed my curls, once all the suds and oil had washed away I turned the water off and stepped out, wrapping a towel tightly around myself, ignoring the pale puckered pink scars which adorned my chest from the numerous heart operations I had endured in infancy and as a young child. 

I began to towel dry my hair, then running my fingers through it to undo the curly tangles. I pulled on my matching set of lacy, pale pearl pink underwear and bra, next I pulled on my jumper dress, it hung on one shoulder, leaving one bare. 

I caught sight of my refection in the mirror, my slight but curvy figure, my hair chocolate brown with wild curls, my golden eyes wide, lined with dark thick lashes. Was I really the mate of the Russian Alpha King? Was I worthy to be the Queen of one of the strongest wolf nations, It seemed to only now be hitting me what my role would be.

Similarly to my Great Aunt Stella, I never felt that I was really cut out for palace life or being a Princess, but now I was expected to be a Queen. A small niggling voice of self doubt spoke in my mind, maybe Nicholas she be mated to a stronger Russian she-wolf, someone worthy of him. Not me, not my weak heart. 

My wolf clawed down on that thought, projecting our strong aura in my mind, 'We are strong and worthy, we will be a good Queen for Mate and our people.'  She huffed firmly to me. I nodded, we were a Princess of the Native American wolf royalty, and a decedent of the Moon Goddess, we were worthy.

I headed out of the bath room and saw Nicholas stirring in bed, finally beginning to wake up. 

"I didn't realise my mate was such a deep sleeper" I teased coming back over to the bed, sitting on the edge and running my fingers through Nicholas' hair. He let out a small husky moan, leaning into my touch, I giggled, glad to see he was just as affected with my touch as I was with his. 

He opened his unique eyes, his heated gaze roaming over my features. 

"You smell like my scent." He said, his voice still husky from sleep, a smirk growing on his lips. 

Blush rose in my cheeks, "I um... used your shower things, I hope you don't mind." 

"No I don't, whats mine is yours, and it also lets other males know who you belong to." I rolled my eyes at his emerging possessiveness, he pulled me towards him, burying his face in the crook of my neck and hair, taking deep breaths. "hmmm intoxicating." He murmured against my skin, along with some incoherent Russian words I didn't understand. 

"Nicholas, you have to get up." I breathed, as my lids fluttered shut, feeling his lips and tongue on my neck. 

"But its still early, and your taste so good." He groaned, but finally pulled away, raking a hand through his silky locks. 

I walked away still giggling, and well aware of Nicholas' eyes raping my swishing hips. I pulled out a pair of long tailored light brown leather boots, I sat down in one of the arm chairs and put them on. 

"Come on Nicholas, you promised to show me round today."

"I did, but not at 6:30 in the morning." He chuckled.

"Well I'm an early bird so there." I said slightly defensively, crossing my arms. 

Nicholas groaned, turning his face back into the pillow, "Well the King says no activities till at least  9:00, I'm more of a Night Owl." 

I rolled my eyes, "If you're the night owl then if we have a pup your getting up in the night to comfort them when they cry." I muttered before I realised what had just come out of my mouth.

Nicholas whipped his head up from the pillow to stare at me. I stood frozen, oh goddess we've only know each other three or four days and I've already started talking about pups!

A slow smirk spread across his lips, "Looks like someone is eager to get me into bed."

"oh shut up." I muttered from behind my blush, "It was just a throw away comment." 

I coughed a little awkwardly as Nicholas continued to stare at me, with that stupid slightly cocky grin on his face. 

Shaking away my embarrassment I put my hand on my hips and shook my jar out of my face, "Come on Nicholas get up, or I might just go wandering again." 

"Alright fine, just let me find some clothes." He grumbled finally getting up, he stretched flexing his muscles, my traitorous eyes drank him in, studying each curve of muscle. Nicholas smirked more but made no comment heading into the wardrobe. 

Shaking my head, I ran a hand through my hair before heading over to the window and picking a few of the small purple, lily like flowers with a pearl sheen. I did a half up, half down plait around my hair braiding in the flowers as I went. 

Once I had finished, Nicholas emerged form the wardrobe dressed in a dark grey henley, and black jeans handling low on his hips, his smooth blonde hair slicked back with a few stubborn locks handing over his forehead, in total this devilishly hot wolf was all mine. 

Nicholas stiffled a yawn, "If we really our going to do this I need some coffee." 

We headed out of our room, Nicholas sneaking his arm around my waist as we made our way through the corridors. Nicholas led me through an off shoot from his wing, into a large elegant dinning room and kitchen combined.

"This connects our wing to Valentine and Anya's, Ilia and Gaby's and Leo's."

"Wow, you guys are pretty close aren't you." I murmured half to myself as I thought back to the photos and who they treated each other. 

"Yeah, they're well... they're my family." He said gruffly, to looking me in the eye. 

"Right well I make a mean bacon sandwich, do you want one?" I asked.

"Definitely" Nicholas gave me a slow grin. 

I searched the cupboards and fridge until I had everything I needed, then I started the frying. About half way through we had some visitors.

"Something smells amazing." Said Ilia taking a deep sniff of the air.

"Rose is making me a fried bacon sandwich." Said Nicholas smugly.

"Cool, can I have one!" Said Ilia.

"Sure!" I laughed at the eagerness of this usually reserved warrior, "There's plenty of bacon and bread." 

"Personally, I'm more surprised that you managed to get Nicholas out of bed." Said Gaby with a smirk, coming over to sit at the breakfast bar. 

Nicholas grunted from behind a mug of coffee. 

"Well it took some persuading." I giggled, at my still half asleep mate. 

Soon we were joined by Valentine, a very tired Anya and Leo, all drawn in by the smell of bacon.

"This is insane." Said Anya behind a mouthful of bacon.

"You got it all, looks and cooking skills, I wish you were my mate." Said Leo devouring his sandwich. 

Nicholas growled at his cousin, and pulled me tightly to his lap at the breakfast bar. 

"So why are you guys up so early anyway? Usually it takes a dozen crow bars to get his majesty out of bed." Said Anya.

"Well, I'm more of the early bird kinda person." I started

Leo and Valentine laughed, smirking at Nicholas who ignored them, focusing of his food and possessive grip around my waist.

"And Nicholas promised to show me around last night, so when I had got dressed he had begun to wake, so I just finished dragging him the rest of the way to the living." I said with a smirk and a shrug. 

"I like you Rose" Said Anya smirking, "Guys need to be told who's boss." She said shooting a glare at Valentine.

"Ok, so other than being in charge of Nicholas' ass" Smirked Leo, "Tell us more about yourself Rose, seeing as your now part of our inner circle in Russian court." he asked. 

"Well, what do you guys want to know?" I said blushing slightly at the direct attention I was getting from Nicholas' family

"Start off with basic facts." Suggested Gaby, smiling warmly at me.

"Ok, so my full name is Rose Persephone Blackthorn, I am the youngest child and only daughter of Alpha King Marcus and Queen Phoenix. I have three older brothers, my oldest brother who is 10 years older than me and is 28. His name is Theodore, or Theo for short, he has already found his mate and will soon be the next Alpha King in the United States. Then my other two brothers are almost identical twins, Cole and Nate. They are six years older than me and are both 24, sadly neither have found their mates yet." 

I paused for a second thinking of what other basic information about myself I should say, "I'm 18 years old, I was born on the summer solstice."

"Wow, cradle snatcher hey Nicholas." Teased Leo.

"I'm only 25" Scowled Nicholas, "Anyway Age isn't a massive deal, look at your parents Leo! Twenty two years difference." 

"Ok ok!" Said Leo holding his hands up in defence. 

"Where was I?" I asked still bemused by Leo, I didn't care about age difference, most wolves didn't either, mates were picked specifically by the moon goddess so why question it. 

"We also know your a great cook!" Said Anya smiling

 I laughed, "I'm ok at best." 

"So any other talents or hobbies you have hidden" Asked Gaby

"Um, well as Anya said I can cook fairly well, I love reading, especially anything to do with Mythology and such. I also love nature, my parents think that after being born in the depths of nature I had formed a deep connection or power with it, I've never really like staying indoors or being shut away, I've pretty much spent my entire life outside, no matter the season or weather."

"Oh, and I can sort of sing. My mother sent to Juilliard and is a very talented musician, she tried teaching all her children, but my brother Cole was the only one who truly inherited her gift of music, but I can do a few things here and there." 

"Well you must perform for us one day!" Said Gaby excitedly. 

I blushed, "Maybe" as everyone began to clear their things.

"Ok." Said Nicholas, in an authoritative tone, "I'm spending the day with Rose, Val I want today's focus to be looking at the weak points in the south east border, take Ilia  for security enforcements, and Leo I want an inspection done on the pack warriors, and training schedules increased." 

The men all nodded, a cool, calm, seriousness coming over them all.

"I'm helping with the Village orphanage today, so I'll see you all later." Said Gaby giving her mate a kiss goodbye and sweeping out.

"Anya" Said Nicholas a smirk curving his lips, "I know Olga would love some help with looking after the pups at school today.

Anya paled a little, "Nick, you know how terrible I am with kids..." 

"You'll be fine Moy milaya." Said Val kissing his mate on the head.

"I think I'd rather help with training today." she muttered.

"It's fine" Nicholas chuckled, "You know I'm only teasing Anya, do whatever you want."

After bidding goodbye to the others Nicholas took my hand and led me out of the private wing.

"So, what do you want to see first Moy Roza." asked Nicholas, pulling me to a stop, kissing and nipping at my neck and jaw in this little private corridor, my lids fluttered shut in pleasure. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 168 53
Marigold is the only daughter of the tyrant king of the Fae realm. After witnessing her father murder her mother, she was sent into a powerless exile...
2.6K 89 13
This is the story of Luna Silver, a White wolf and the daughter of the Moon Goddess. What happens after her 17th birthday and first shift when she i...
46K 1.5K 9
At 17 werewolf's are able to find their mates. Skyler Hawthorne wasn't looking forward to finding her mate. She was hoping to have a few years to her...