Her Terrifying Love

By greggerguy

While being chased by her abusive boyfriend, Lyla turns the tables, shoving him into the path of an oncoming... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Bonus Chapter

Part 51

2.5K 227 38
By greggerguy

She steered Darcy's car onto the paved roadway at the bottom of the hill, relieved to see the pickup driving off in the opposite direction.

As she watched the road through the slap-slap-slap of the windshield wipers, Lyla thought about the complicated logistics of laying Keenan Ames to rest in his family's burial ground. First, somehow, she and Jack would need to locate the body. She remembered peeking over the ridge as Keenan's corpse thrashed down the steep rock face through the dark thicket and stopped abruptly, lodged in a crevasse. But how would they find that crevasse? And even if they managed to locate the body and drag it out of that crevasse, they'd need to haul it up a long, steep climb to the road and that would complete only the first part of the mission.

They would then need to drive all the way back out to the remote burial site, transport the body to the hilltop, and then bury Keenan somewhere amongst all those graves, all without being detected. It seemed impossible, but so far as she could determine, there was no other option.

She checked the time. 

Crap!

Her road trip had taken longer than she'd anticipated. Lyla's ringtone startled her. Expecting a call from Darcy, she answered the phone. 

"Hey."

She heard a muffled voice. Perhaps the caller had butt-dialed. She ended the call. The ringtone blared again.

UNKNOWN CALLER.

This time she detected labored breathing.

"Hello?!" She huffed. 

And then she heard it. A distinct, familiar, tormenting sound, the sound of a zipper being jerked up and down, up and down.

The phone dropped from her hand onto her lap and rang again. "Baby you light up my world like nobody else...," One Direction sang.

Text tone: What are you? Like 12?

Lyla turned off her phone and tossed it onto the console. Her hands trembled, her mouth went dry. Now, the only sounds she heard were the tires rolling over the wet pavement, the rain hitting the metal roof, and the slap-slap-slap of the windshield wipers. She exhaled a deep calming breath.

The ringtone blasted. She jumped. 

What the hell?! The phone's off!

The sweet harmonies of One Direction made for a creepy soundtrack to Keenan's harassing calls. She leaned across the seat, opened the glove box, and tossed the phone inside. 

The blare of a car horn got her attention. She had drifted across the yellow line into the other lane. She whipped the steering wheel. The car swerved but she regained control, barely catching her breath. The muffled ringtone tormented her as it continued to call out from the depths of the glove compartment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 2.1K 64
GENRE:- Mystery-Horror-Thriller A city of dreams, as it is deemed, Reynburg has been a happy-hunting ground for incoming job-seekers for years. Apart...
494K 17.4K 37
BOOK 1 C O M P L E T E D U N D E R E D I T I N G I quickly ran into a random room and locked the door behind me. Breathing heavy Sweating Scared "...
89K 6.1K 85
✨COMPLETED✨ I took a few steps before I stopped to face him again. "Jay?" I said, barely above a whisper. "Hmm?" "I love you. You know that right?" I...
394K 12K 51
UNEDITED/poorly written when I was younger (needs severe editing) "Becky, I'm scared! Someone's following me and I don't think I can make it home! Pl...