Octopus

By elveloy

Did you know that an octopus has 3 hearts? A collection of fun and facts about these amazing creatures. More

Cephalopods
Octopuses have 3 hearts
Priapulida - the Penis Worm
True or False?
Quiz Answers
An Octopuses' Garden
Giant Cuttlefish
How many brains does an Octopus have?
Favourite Fiction
Are Octopuses poisonous?
Octopus kites
Reproduction
Angela and the Octopus
Note from the Author...

Conclusion and further reading

421 11 0
By elveloy

It's been great fun writing this book - I hope you've all enjoyed reading it.

I was prompted to write about Octopuses after attending a session at Adelaide Writer's Week and listening to Peter Godfrey-Smith talk about his book, "Other Minds: The Octopus and the Evolution of Intelligent Life."

Fascinating - and I haven't been able to eat octopus since!

I've included a link to the book on Amazon in the External Link section if anyone wants to follow that up.

I'll leave you with one of my favourite passages from the book:

Life..."evolved in the sea. Water made it possible. All the early stages took place in water: the origin of life, the birth of animals, the evolution of nervous systems and brains, and the appearance of the complex bodies that make brains worth having....When animals did crawl onto dry land, they took the sea with them. All the basic activities of life occur in water-filled cells bounded by membranes, tiny containers whose insides are remnants of the sea..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 2.3K 12
This is a boy x boy and mature abusive content. The picture isn't mine !!!!! DISCONTINUED !!!!! (I really don't know how to mark this as complete but...
4.1K 385 12
A graphic portfolio of book covers I created, either being dedicated to the authors and their stories that inspired me to read them or being requeste...
3.2K 110 9
In process of being rewritten. Matthew Wild is not the sole offspring of the Duke and Duchess of Canterbury. His sister, Katharina, affectionately k...
14.8K 346 4
Blonde hair, blue eyes and big muscles, Eyan Adams was like any other heartthrob in any other school. When he first came to this school halfway throu...