The Librarian

By romanogersfate

✨Every library holds secretes.✨ More

Prologue
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10. Tony Stark The New Move
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13
Chapter 14.
Epilogue

Chapter 3.

1.4K 61 2
By romanogersfate

:
:
:
:
:
<<<<>>>>

That night Steve was walking toward Tony Starks building which was a little bit of a walk from the library but he didn't mind. He said hello to many small store owners as he walked giving them his classic charming smile.

When he arrived at Stark towers he was greeted by Happy, Tony's private security guard. Happy Hogan.
"Hey, Steve how are you?" Happy asked as Steve headed for the elevator.

"Great. How about you." Steve asked pressing the elevator floor number.

"As well as I can be while working for Tony." he shrugged. Steve laughed and the elevator doors shut and took him to the floor where Tony was. Inside was a common area was his assistant Pepper Potts. She smiled at Steve but continued on with her works sneaking glances at Tony every so often. Of course Tony didn't seem to notice as he was working on some new piece of tech.

"Steve my boy! It's been a good minute." Tony said walking over to Steve with a wide grin plastered to his face. "What do I owe the honor?" He asked as Steve neatly placed his coat and bag on the chair by the elevator. He pulled out his phone to show Tony.

"I was at work today. And I met this girl-" Steve started but he couldn't continue with it because of it the stare he was receiving from Tony was starting to creep him out.

"OOOO My boy got a girl," Tony said. "I am so proud of you." He said patting Steve on the back. He kept going on and on about how he knew that Steve had it in him to go out and find someone. When Steve got really annoyed he looked at Tony and spoke up.

"Tony, I don't have a girlfriend. Nor am I looking for one. If you would just let me finish Tony you could have heard that she wanted me to give her number to you." He said and Tony was still smirking.

"I guess I still have it in me. What's her name?" He asked taking the girls number down on her phone.

"I don't actually know," Steve admitted to his friend.

"Yeah well, I probably won't remember it anyway." He said rolling his eyes. "Was she cute?" he asked and Steve got a little bit fidgetting.

"I don't really know how I can answer that," Steve said. Tony looked at him confused. To him, the question didn't mean a single thing but to Steve, he felt bad judging a girl based on looks.

"Steve, just answer the question was she hot or not?" He asked already starting to text Natasha.

"I mean I guess." He said nervously. Tony just shrugged him off and decided to text Natasha whether or not she hot because he knew he would get nothing off of Steve.

Meanwhile, Natasha was in her apartment eating ice cream talking to her best friend Maria on the couch while some movie played in the background. Maria was one of the only people who knew of Natasha's identity and was someone who helped her get leads.

"You can't seriously be interested in this movie," Maria mumbled.

"I am not," Natasha replied, boredom obvious in her voice.

"Then why are we watching it?" Maria asked shaking her head.

"Well, I thought you were interested in this." Natasha shrugged. Maria threw her shoe at the TV and Natasha laughed. Her phone went off and she saw that it was a text from an unknown number. And she was hoping that she knew who it was.

Hello sweetheart. I heard you wanted to talk to me.

Natasha rolled her eyes at the text message. Everyone in the world knew how arrogant Tony Stark was. Sometimes because of how she has seen him treat women, she has wanted to punch him in the face. But her other friend Clint said she would get sued and he was right.

Tony Stark I presume?

The one and only. I heard you wanted

To talk to me?

Yes, I do. Lunch tomorrow at 12 pm. be there.

I like your demanding nature. so why not.

Go to my building tell Happy to let you in.

Natasha smiled in victory and turned to Maria who was looking at her with a very confused look. But she knew that look in her eyes. The look of someone who has just achieved something amazing and terrific. A look Natasha used a lot when it came to reporting.
"What is it this time?" Maria asked.

"Remember the article I am writing," Natasha asked following Maria who was now walking into the kitchen to eat Natasha's food.

"The one on Tony Stark that I told you will not go anywhere unless you get some sort of proof that what you are saying is correct?" Maria asked taking out some leftovers.

"Yes. Well, I have some news." Natasha said smiling.

"What you are giving up?"

"You are a great friend." Natasha rolled her eyes.

"I know. Now, what is it?" She asked.

"I Have a meeting with him tomorrow. Which means I can use his horrible ego against him and find out all those things that he is keeping hidden." She smirked evilly.

"We should get pizza," Maria said. Natasha looked at her disapprovingly. "what? It's the same thing every time. You make the man think it's a date before you ripe the answers you need right from their chest destroying their souls. That's why you are the black widow. You eat people's souls."

"You know I am not sure that they actually do that," Natasha said turning her head and biting her lip.

"really? Because I think they do. Anyway is Pizza good?" Maria asked holding up the phone.

"Oh, darling Pizza is always good. "

The next day Natasha woke up and got red for the day. She straightened her hair and put on light makeup. She dressed in blue jeans, a white off the shoulders top and a black hat paired with sunglasses.

She walked over to Stark Towers that morning with a goal in mind. She needed to make a good impression. Getting things out of Tony Stark would be kind of difficult. But if you know his weak spots, which happened to be women, then you can get anything you wanted out of Tony Stark guaranteed.

She approached the building and pushed open the door. The security guard there came walking up to her but before he had a chance to speak she spoke to him.
"Are you Happy Hogan? The security guard?" She asked and the man nodded his head.

"Yeah, head of security ma'am." He nodded at her.

"Great you can help me then. Can you show me to Tony Starks living area?" She asked.

"And why would I do that? Mr. Stark is busy." He said.

"Well, he has a meeting with me. Didn't he tell you?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, are you the girl he is meeting this morning? My apologies." He said. Natasha said it was no problem and followed Happy to the elevator. He pressed the button that would lead her to where Tony was. "Have fun." He smiled before the door closed. Natasha rolled her eyes, apparently, she wasn't the only girl to come here.

She stepped out of the elevator and was greeted by a very fancy living room. But no sign of the billionaire anywhere. All she could see was tech lying around, and paperwork that needed his attention.
"Natasha?" She heard a female's voice. She turned around and smiled. It was her friend Pepper Potts.

"Pepper? I didn't know you worked here. It has been so long!" She said walking to give her friend a hug.

"Yeah, I am his intern. What are you doing here?" She asked pulling away from the redhead. "oh Please don't tell me you are here to have....fun with Tony." She said discussed even saying it out loud. Many times she has had to kick women out who was walking around in one of Tony's shirts acting as if they had won the lottery and that they were going to be the one that the billionaire finally settles down with. She would hate to do the same with her high school friend. But to her surprise, Natasha laughed.

"No Pep, I am not I am not that kind of girl," Natasha answered.

"Oh, then you are here for your...article?" She whispered. Pepper was the one who helped Natasha set up her anonymous article so she knew Natasha was the black widow. Natasha nodded her head at her old friend. "Oh that's cool, just please don't release anything that would poach his reputation."

"Pep, he did it himself. and no this is about the fact that he is gonna stop selling guns? That's big because the entire stark company is built on Guns. So if I am able to get this article out before anyone else its a huge check right to the bank." Natasha said. "You don't mind?"

"Of course not. I will inform Tony of your arrival." She smiled and turned around.

"Pepper? You care about him huh?" Natasha asked staring at the buildings below her. Pepper was amazed by how Natasha is able to do that.

"You can say that." She answered. Natasha looked over her shoulder.

"Be careful okay? I don't want you getting hurt."

"I always am."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 184 18
A Romanogers AU fanfic. They're desperate to reunite.
95.1K 1.6K 24
A bunch of Romanogers oneshots because I can't get enough of them.
11.3K 550 25
Where everyone sees in black and white until they meet their soul mate. (AU) Started: September 23, 2022 Finished: October 21, 2022
282K 6.8K 25
Another Romanogers story. I never get tired of writing these. Hope you enjoy!