I Need You- George Harrison F...

By holygrohl

George Harrison fan-fiction. A girl called Michelle goes to the cavern a lot. She loves music and loves her g... More

I Need You
Chapter 1- The Cavern
Chapter 2- Do You Want To Know a Secret
Chapter 3- Guitars
Chapter 4- The stage
Chapter 5- Linda
Chapter 6- What is going on?
Chapter 7- Balloons
Chapter 8- The Park ~Part 1
Chapter 9- The Park~Part 2
Chapter 10- Papers
Chapter 11- The Lake
Chapter 12- The Man
Chapter 13- John's House
Chapter 14- Double Date
Chapter 15- The Airport
Chapter 16- "I don't want to leave you"
Chapter 17- Strawberry Field
Chapter 18- The Cinema
Chapter 19- Goodbye
Chapter 21- Stuart's Letter
Chapter 22-What Have I Done?
Chapter 23- My Life
Chapter 24- More Letters and the Cell
Chapter 25- Home Again and What?
Chapter 26- Struggles and Confessions
Chapter 27- Apologies
Chapter 28- I Need You
Chapter 29- Movie Night In Our Den
Chapter 30- Brian and Ritchie
Chapter 31- Upsetting News and 'I Think You Should Go'

Chapter 20- Letters

610 17 3
By holygrohl

The days are lonely without George now, I will usually just play guitar or go to the cavern now. I've become more involved in music as well. I like writing songs, well more like tunes. I'm rubbish at writing lyrics. It's even lonely at the cavern. The Beatles aren't there anymore, the cavern isn't as good. I still play at the cavern, I usually play every other day now. Seeing as I don't have anything else to do.

Wow, this is harder than I thought.

George does mean a lot to me, I didn't know how much his trip to Hamburg would affect me. I still can't believe he's going to a STRIPPER club. Seriously? Six months in a stripper club? What was John thinking? The more I think about George, the more anxious I get.

What if George did find a girl better than me? What if George doesn't want me anymore? What if George stays there.. forever?

Oh shut up Michelle, I do this every time in these kind of situations. I need to stop. Nothing will probably happen anyway, like in the last times I felt like this. I'll always have that doubt in my mind though..

I'm playing my guitar at the moment, I'm using the guitar that Linda and George got me. I'm making up this tune and I scribble down notes every so often. I heard the phone start ringing. I put my guitar down and walked over to the phone quickly hoping for it to be George. I picked it up and held it to my ear,

"Hello?" I said in hope.

"Hey, it's Cynthia," my shoulders sank. I hoped to hear from one of the boys. I still haven't had a letter from them, and it had been a week since they left.

"Oh hey, you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine, I called to see if you were okay?" I like how people have been caring for me lately. I'm always the one who seems most sensitive about things.

"I'm okay thank you, just a bit lonely aha," I wasn't okay though. That's what everyone says when they feel down. I need George. But I can't do anything about it, I'd just have to wait.

"Are you doing anything today?" she asked me.

"Nope, except playing at the cavern tonight but that's all really,"

"Ah, would you like to meet at the cavern tonight?" I smiled to myself.

"Yeah, sounds good! I'm going at sevenish? Is that okay?"

"Yeah! Okay I'll see you then okay? Byee,"

"Byee." I put the phone down and walked back over to my guitar. Well at least I have something to look forward to. I continued to invent new tunes. I had just made a cool guitar riff when I heard a clang. It came from the front door. It took me a while to realise what it was and then it came to me. The letter box. I ran over to the front door and saw a pile of letters on the floor. I reached down and picked them up quickly. I held the piles in my hand and flicked through each letter.

Bill, bill, for Mum, GEORGE. I grinned massively at the letter and jumped up in excitement. I chucked the other letters on the floor and ran into the living room. I flew onto the couch and layed on my front. I examined the envelope. In the corner it had "Hamburg" written with the address of where they were staying. I ripped open the envelope carefully not to damage anything inside. I pulled out two pieces of paper. One was from George and the other was from all the other lads. I like how George has his own special letter for me. I obviously read George's first, I've been waiting for this for like forever! (Well a week, but it seemed a long time) The letter read,

"Dear my Michelle,

I MISS YOU SOSO MUCH

How are you? I hope you are okay, how are you doing at the cavern? Has anything happened since we've been gone?

Seriously, it's really horrible here. The room we stay in is manky. It's really dark, small and smelly. The beds are uncomfortable, and you can get hardly any sleep with all the racket going on, I wish I was sleeping next to you again. I wish I was with you.

We play at the 'kaiserkeller' every night from 10-3 in the morning. It's really hard and tiring, I'm exhausted already and it's only been one week. I guess the only good thing about this place is music.

I really do miss you, you don't realise how much I need you. I can't wait to hold you in my arms again. I feel lost without you. I can't wait to see your beautiful face again.

Sorry, I've been going on about myself. I do hope you are okay.

I can't wait for these six months to be over.

Love George xxxxxx

P.S. I love you ;)

P.P.S. I hope this picture makes your day better"

I looked for the picture all over the couch, I checked in the envelope and found a picture inside. I pulled it out and laughed out loud. What even? This picture was so random. Pete was on the left but you could only see his eye. John was in the middle making a massive grin seeing almost all of his teeth. He looked really crazy.. and Paul was doing the same face but he was staring at George. Oh my god! George's face! He looked so high! What the heck is this? I couldn't stop laughing at this picture. George was right, he had just made my day better.

I feel sorry for George, how he has to go to Hamburg. It doesn't sound nice there. He has to work all night, and he can't get to sleep. That's awful. I smiled to myself when I read 'I wish I was sleeping next to you again' when that is exactly what I thought in bed.

I picked up the next letter. It read,

"Dear Michelle,

Hey it's Paul, how's everything going? I hope you're okay. I'm really sorry we had to leave you, I feel really bad that we had to go. Everyone is worried about you. Especially George.. You should have seen him on the ferry there. He was so upset, he kept saying how much he'd let you down. I tried to cheer him up, he did a bit but I knew he kept thinking about it.

It's.. really tiring here. I think George has explained to you what it's like. It's awful. But I guess we'll come back when its over. Did you see that picture? Aren't I fabulous! We took that picture especially for you. I hope you like it! Paul x

Hii, it's John. I hope you are alright, I'm sorry we had to go and that I didn't warn you about this place.. I feel really bad. I'm so sorry. You deserve to be mad at me. We are no wayy going to stay for more than six months. It's too tiring, I'm shattered! I hope you like that picture of us! John :)

Hello, its Pete. We are all very sorry we had to go, I know what it's like to be left. It's really upsetting, at least we will come back.. I hope you are okay. Oh have you had a letter from Linda yet? I haven't and you know because we are in Hamburg, could you tell her where we are if you write her a letter please? Thanks! And excuse my face in that picture. Pete :)

Hey it's Stu, how are you? Hope everything is okay. I know we don't talk that much but I need help, from a girl. I've found a girl.. she's called Astrid. I really like her but she has a boyfriend. What do I do? Sorry to just lay this on you, but I really like her. Oh and can you not tell the lads about this.. Thanks! Hope you are alright anyway. I can't wait to come back! Oh my god that picture though! Stu :)"

I smiled at the letter, they were all so nice to me. I didn't know George felt that way.. I feel so guilty for him to feel like that. That picture though! I'm still laughing at it! Paul is just fabulous.. and Paul left a sneaky 'x' at the end.

John is so caring! I never thought John would be like this! He actually apologised to me! I have forgiven him now, I can't be mad at him after what he just said to me.

Pete is a really nice guy, I knew he was talking about Linda when he said 'I know what it's like to be left' I feel really sorry for him. He had only just got together with Linda then she had to go. Thinking of it.. I haven't had a letter off Linda yet. I hope she is okay.

Stu? Asking for girl advice? Oh my god! I feel so special, he chose me. I'm rubbish in them situations though..

I folded this letter neatly then I picked up Georges letter and the picture up. I got off the couch and took them into my bedroom. I sat at my desk with a pen and paper out ready for me to write back. I picked up my pen and started writing my letter.

~

I read over my letter I wrote to the lads, making sure it made sense. I glanced up at the clock on the wall, it was half six. I need to get going, or I'm going to be late to the cavern. I searched threw the drawers for an envelope. I placed the letter into the envelope I found carefully inside then I wrote the address for where the lads were staying on it. I picked up my guitar from the corner of my room then made my way out the house. On the way there I posted the letter in a letter box.

Standing outside of the cavern, at the corner. Waiting for Cynthia. It made me think about the time I waited for Linda. This was the exact spot I met George for the first time. I smiled to myself. I looked up from the ground and saw Cynthia walking towards me. She gave me a toothy smile and I smiled back at her.

"Hey!" she said to me.

"Hi!" I replied. We made our way into the cavern, we walked down the steps and into the dark muggy club. There wasn't as many people in as usual. It's probably because the beatles aren't here. We both sat down at the tables at the side and I placed the guitar next to me.

"So, how are you getting on?" she asked. I knew she was talking about George not being here.

"Um, I'm okay. I just feel a bit lonely sometimes. I can't wait for them to come back. How are you doing?" she nodded as I said this.

"Oh the same really, you know you can call me when you like. Whenever you feel lonely, just call me and we can meet. Yeah?" I smiled to her and said,

"Thanks, have you had a letter off the lads yet?"

"Yes! I got it earlier, from John," I grinned to myself. All of the lads had written something to me, Cynthia only had one from John. Haha, I'm feel so special. "Have you got yours?" she asked.

"Yeah! I got two actually, One from George and one from the others," she raised her eyebrows at me.

"You got one from them all! Wow they must like you!" I giggled to myself.

"I got this picture too, it's so funny! I'll show you it next time I see you," I said laughing a little just thinking about the picture. She smiled to me and said,

"Cool." I looked over at the crowd of people dancing to the music being played by the band on the stage. I thought for a second about the lads. I said a bit randomly,

"What do you think they are doing right now? You know the lads?" she laughed at the question then she moved her mouth to the side. She thought then said,

"Playing at the 'kaiserkeller'? Or.. sleeping? Haha, I'm not really sure. It sounds horrible there though.. I'm glad I'm not there!" I laughed at her and said,

"Haha yeah.." I glanced over at the band on the stage. They were walking off now. I thought it would be about time I should play. I looked back at Cynthia.

"Hey, I'm gonna go up now. I'll be back in a sec," I said to her. She smiled to me and nodded.

"Yeah okay, I've never seen you play before. Good luck!" I smiled back at her and walked off with my guitar backstage. I passed the band that had just got off the stage on the way there.

"Good luck!" one said to me. I smiled to them and said,

"Thanks!" I didn't even know them, he was being very nice to me. I walked through onto the stage. It seemed as if there were more people in the crowd. Why does this always happen when I get on the stage? Maybe it's just my anxiety. I could feel myself shaking a little, I tried to forget about the people and I stood in front of the microphone.

"I'm going to sing a song, that me and George Harrison made. It's called 'something'." I paused a second as I adjusted the guitar to it's position then I started to play. I hoped as I played the slow tune that people wouldn't be bored. I've never played this song to anyone before (except George obviously). I started to sing,

"Something in the way she moves, attracts me like no other lover.."

I got lost in the words and the music. I didn't feel worried anymore. I looked at the people in the crowd, they watched me play. Some were swaying along to the music, some were slowly dancing to the song. I saw Cynthia in the crowd too, she gave me a big smile and a thumbs up. I smiled back trying not to mess up my song. I strummed the last guitar note. The crowd started clapping altogether. Cynthia cheered for me, I smiled at how the people liked it.

As soon as they stopped clapping I started a new song by Elvis. It was a upbeat song this time. I grinned as I sung because it was one of my favourites. The crowd cheered and started dancing. I enjoyed every moment of this song. When I finished everyone clapped. I made a little "Thank you," into the microphone and walked off the stage with a massive smile on my face. I put my guitar back in it's case backstage. I turned around and saw Cynthia stood there with a surprised face on. I laughed and said,

"You okay?" she laughed and said,

"You're amazing!" I laughed and hugged her.

"Thank you."

~*~

I stopped at a weird place sorry :')

Thank you for reading (:

Continue Reading