The New Girl

By GleeForever213

This is the first book in the 'New Girl' series! I'm not good at summaries so here is the disclaimer. Disclai... More

The New Girl
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Authors Note
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Christmas Break Part 1
Christmas Break Part 2
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Sequel Info!

Chapter 20

2.5K 62 11
By GleeForever213

Friday, December 19, 2014

I woke up at 4 AM this morning due to retching in the bathroom. It lasted for a few minutes then the door opened and the light cut off. He came out slowly. He jumped slightly when he saw me sitting up.

"Hey, I'm sorry if I woke you up." He croaked and laid back down on the bed.

"It's okay, baby. You can't help it. Do you feel any better after throwing up?" He shook his head. I felt his head. I put the thermometer in is mouth and went into the bathroom. I did my business and washed my hands. After I washed my hands, I got a rag and soaked it in cold water for a few minutes. I rung it out and brought it back to Sam. I put it on his forehead and took the thermometer out of his mouth. I gasped. It was 102.6.

"Let me know if you start feeling any worse. I'm going to go get some more Tylenol." He nodded and I went downstairs and got two pills and a bottle of water. I went back up stairs and gave them to him. He popped them in his mouth and drank the water.

"Please...Don't tell...mom." He croaked.

"I won't. But in a few hours, if your temperature is any higher I'm going to tell her." He nodded. Of course I'm going to tell his mom in the morning. I laid back down and snuggled up to him. I felt him shivering so I hugged him a bit tighter.

TIME SKIP

 I got up  at 7 AM and went downstairs. Sam was still asleep and I didn't want to wake him up. Mama and Mary were in the kitchen, cooking breakfast.

"Good morning."I said yawning.

"Good morning."

"Good morning, how's Sam?" Mary asked. I sighed and she looked at me.

"This morning he was in my bathroom puking his guts out. I took his temperature and this time it was 102.6. I gave him some more Tylenol. Mama-?"

"You're still going to school. I know you love him and want to stay home and take care of him but you can't miss anymore days." I groaned.

"Fine. But I'm coming home for lunch." I got up and went back upstairs to start getting ready. I took a quick shower, I didn't wash my hair since I did last night. I pulled my hair up in a bun on the top of my head. I brushed my teeth then put on a grey sweatshirt and some sweat pants. I put my black boots on and got my phone off my bed side table. I'm not wearing any makeup today. I got my pocket book and my book bag. After kissing Sam on the cheek, I went back downstairs and said goodbye to mama and Mary. Laura was standing by the door waiting on me. She had he blond hair in a side braid and the only make up she had on was eyeliner and mascara. She wore a black and white long sleeved shirt and blue jeans. She had black black boots on and her book bag.

"Ya ready?" I asked. She nodded. We got in my car and drove off.

TIME SKIP

In Glee club.

Like I told mama, I went home for lunch. Sam's fever came down a bit and he was asleep when I got there. They told me that he woke up three times to throw up. Now, I'm in Glee club and everyone is asking me about Sam. I threw my hands up in the air. I stood up and stood in the front.

"Okay, everyone. Y'all are asking me where Sam is and he is at home. He's really sick, right now. Finn and Rachel, that's why he didn't eat anything. Last night his fever was 101.6. I gave him some Tylenol and checked it again this morning. It was 102.6 so I gave him some more Tylenol. I went home for lunch and his fever went down some. His mom told me that he woke up three times to throw up." I sat back down beside Kurt.

"I don't think we'll be able to come with y'all tomorrow."

"It's okay! We can all go another day!" I smiled. A few minutes later, Melody go up and sang Try. Then Puck and Quinn sang Picture by Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow.

Livin' my life in a slow hell
Different girl every night at the hotel
I ain't seen the sun shine in 3 damn days
Been fuelin' up on cocaine and whisky
Wish I had a good girl to miss me
Lord I wonder if I'll ever change my ways
I put your picture away
Sat down and cried today
I can't look at you while I'm lyin' next to her
I put your picture away, sat down and cried today
I can't look at you, while I'm lyin next to her

I called you last night in the hotel
Everyone knows but they wont tell
But their half hearted smiles tell me
Somethin' just ain't right
I been waitin' on you for a long time
Fuelin' up on heartaches and cheap wine
I ain't heard from you in 3 damn nights
I put your picture away
I wonder where you been
I can't look at you while I'm lyin' next to him
I put your picture away
I wonder where you been
I can't look at you while I'm lyin' next to him
I saw ya yesterday with an old friend

It was the same ole same "how have you been"

Since you been gone my worlds been dark & grey

You reminded me of brighter days

I hoped you were comin' home to stay
I was headed to church

I was off to drink you away

I thought about you for a long time
Can't seem to get you off my mind
I can't understand why we're living life this way
I found your picture today
I swear I'll change my ways
I just called to say I want you to come back home
I found your picture today
I swear I'll change my ways
I just called to say I want you to come back home
I just called to say, I love you come back home  

"That was great guys!" Mr. Schue exclaimed. Then, my phone started ringing loudly.

"I'm sorry y'all. This is mama." I answered the phone and stood up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, what class are you in?"

"Um, I'm in Glee club, why?"

"Can you come home? I know I said that you need to go to school but you need to come home."

"I guess. Why? Sam hasn't gotten worse has he?"

"Not really. His fever went back up to 102.6 and he's been throwing up a lot but other than that, he's okay. He's been asking you where you are and he wants you to come home."

"Okay, I'll tell Mr. Schue and I'll be there in a few minutes."

"Okay, be careful."

"I will."

"Bye,"

"Bye,"

"Mr. Schue, I have to leave." I said,grabbing my bag.

"What, why?"

"Sam's fever went back up and he wants me to come back home."

"Oh, okay. Tell him we hope he feels better." I nodded.

"Are you coming with me now, Laura or do you want me to come pick you up later?" I asked.

"Can ya pick me up later?"

"Yeah, I'll see y'all Monday."

TIME SKIP

When I got home, Sam was laying on the couch watching T.V. I put my book bag down by the door and went over to the couch. There was a trash can beside him.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked, sitting down beside him. He sat up so I scooted over closer to him. He laid back down and put his head in my lap. He looked up at me.

"I feel like crap. My head is pounding, my throat hurts and I'm puking a lot." He whined. I chuckled

"I know baby, you'll feel better soon." He sighed and closed his eyes.

"My dad got a job."

"That's great! Where?" I asked.

"He's working with pa and Chris' fiance at Southco. He gets 200 dollars next week. On Thursday." He said, his breath starting to even out. A few minutes later he was snoring. I smiled. Then, I frowned.

How the hell am I going to get up without waking him up?

TIME SKIP

After school

Sam had stopped throwing up and was starting to feel better now. His fever was still up but it wasn't over 100.0. Mama and Mary were cooking dinner, pa and Dwight were sitting at the kitchen table, Chris and Kevin were outside playing football, and Stacy and Stevie were in their rooms doing who knows what. I was waiting on Sam to come back down stairs, since he was taking a shower, stating that he felt 'Icky' when there was a knock on the front door.

"I got it!" I answered the door, surprised to find a crying Melody who never usually cries and will just barge into the house. "What's wrong?"

"I-I-I'm moving!" She cried sitting down on the steps outside on the porch. I grabbed my jacket and sat down beside her.

"Why? When?"

"My mom got a job and we have to move next week!" I hugged Melody while she cried into my shoulder. I hadn't realized that I left the door open. Mama came to the door asking,

"Who was- What's wrong Melody?" She exclaimed sitting down on the other side of Melody.

"She's moving next week."

"Oh, I'm so sorry. If I could convince your mother to let you live with us, I would." It was as though a light bulb lit up over my head. It actually did, too. As soon as I had the idea, someone cut the porch light on. I giggled.

"I have an idea!" I exclaimed.

"What is it?"

"Tomorrow, I'll invite the boys in Glee club over to entertain Sam, Dwight, pa, Chris, Kevin and Stevie. Then, me, mama, you, Laura, Mary, and Stacy can go to the mall to meet up with your mom. Then, the girls go to a store while mama and your mom talk!"

"That's a good idea! You, Kurt, Blaine and Mercedes can still go shopping!" We gave Melody a time and place to meet and I told Kurt and Mercedes that I could come with them tomorrow. Another reason as to why I wanted to take Mary and Stacy is so I could find out what they wanted for Christmas and I was going to buy them some more clothes. I sent out a group text to the boys and asked them if they could come over and keep Sam and the other ones busy.

TIME SKIP

Saturday, December 20, 2014

On Saturday we went to the mall as planned. While mama and Melody's mom talked, Mary, Stacy and I walked around the stores for a while until Mary had to sit down. We sat down at the food court.

"So, why don't we get to know each other better." I suggested.

"Okay, you can go first." Mary said.

"Well, I love your son very much, as you already know. My favorite color is purple. I love to hunt and I love animals. I like to play video games and I read a lot. I'm not a girly girl, I'm more of a tomboy. But, when I want to, I can be incredibly girly. I hate wearing dresses unless it's for church, funerals, or a wedding. Despite being a tomboy, I love to do people's makeup and do their hair." She nodded as I told her about myself.

"I don't have as much to tell as you," She laughed, "But, here it goes. I can do hair and makeup. When I was younger, before Sam was even thought of, I helped my mom and sister at my mom's salon. I am a fan of Elvis which is why Sam likes him, too. Don't tell him I told you this, but he is a mama's boy. When he was around five, and he saw me crying, he'd start crying too." She laughed. I awed while laughing.

"That boy is something girl. He looks just like his dad, down to the lips."

"I love his lips, and his eyes, ya know, I had never actually met a boy with bond hair and green eyes before I met him?" I admitted.

"Wow, and his lips are adorable. People always used to pick on him about it." She frowned.

"Yeah, he told me about it. Our friend Santana, Kurt calls her Satan, calls him Trouty Mouth, the boy he got in a fight with a few months ago calls him Lady Lips and Coach Sylvester calls him Samgelina Jolie, which he finds hilarious!" She smiled.

"So, you and him are in Glee club together, huh? Along with your very...Interesting friends?" I laughed.

"Yes ma'am. I love to sing,"

"He does too. He just won't sing in front of us though."

"He's shy, I guess. I'm the same way with my mom and grandpa." She smiled again.

"Now, Stacy, she'll get up and sing if anyone asks her to. She has a beautiful voice for 8 year old." Stacy grinned at her mother.

"Well, I have to hear you sing sometime soon!"

"Sammy and I have been working on something in secret, if you invite your friends on Christmas Eve, and we have it ready, we'll perform it for you!" She said excitedly. I smiled.

"I'll see what I can do."

"Do you play any instruments?" Mary asked. I nodded.

"I can play guitar, piano, and drums. I've been playing guitar and piano for about 8 years and the drums for about thirteen years." She looked shocked.

"Sam can play piano, flute, harmonica, guitar and the drums."

"I didn't know he could play all of those! I knew he could play guitar."

"Yep. He's been playing he guitar, drums and piano since he was four and the others since he was eight."

"Wow. I also write songs."

"Really?"

"Yes ma'am. So does Sam apparently. After he found out about Kurt getting bullied, he wrote a song for him. I have the video of him singing it to Kurt during Glee practice if you want to see it." She nodded. I pulled it up on my phone. Before I started it, I said,

"The audio isn't very well since Puck kept annoying me by making weird sounds." She laughed. By the time the video was over, she had tears in her eyes.

"That was amazing. I've never heard him sing like that before. I've only ever heard him in the shower." She laughed.

"Ironically, he was taking a shower before he joined Glee club and Finn heard him singing." She was about to say something when Melody called me. I apologized to Mary and answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey, where are you?"

"I'm in the food court with Sam's mom and his sister. Why?"

"Okay, I'll be there in a few minutes with everyone else. Bye!" She hung up before I could respond.

"Okay?" I murmured to myself. "Sorry, that was Melody. She was asking where we were." A few minutes later, Melody came running over to us. She pulled me up and hugged me.

"Guess who is getting a new roommate!" She exclaimed. I looked at mama and she nodded. We started jumping up and down while squealing. As soon as we dropped everyone off, we started moving Melody's stuff into my room. She was staying in my room because my room is huge and I get lonely. At least, when Sam wasn't with me. By the time Sunday rolled around, we had all of her stuff at my house. Sam had barged in while we were making her bed and stated,

"This is practically a full house," After grinning, he walked out of the room. Melody and I looked at each other.

"What just happened?"

"I think he just compared our house to the house on the old T.V. show 'Full House'." I answered laughing.

"Oh, ha ha."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.9K 452 76
This is the sixth book of the 'New Girl' Series. Disclaimer: I don't own Glee, the characters, or any of the songs used in this book. I only own my O...
42.6K 591 31
Season 1-6 oc x oc slight oc x Sam slight oc x Santana just skip to my writing for season two, more coming soon
69.9K 829 22
So, Glee preferences. This book will include both genders (plus Unique, who I will refer to as a girl btw) and will have the gay guys and the lesbia...
19.1K 223 25
"As time passes, I realize that I actually really love you" [working on rewriting some chapters :D] [κœ±α΄€α΄ α΄‡α΄ α΄€Ι΄κœ±] ☻ [glee] [completed] ☹︎ [book...