Lightweight. | ✔

Oleh Chanella_writes

[UNEDITED STORY] "If you're like me, then when you fall...you fall hard, and its almost impossible to get bac... Lebih Banyak

Lightweight.
Main Characters Inspiration
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
To The Seeker
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
After Lightweight
Editing Announcement, New Book

Chapter Seven.

2.9K 151 63
Oleh Chanella_writes

Me: Hey, where are you?

Kyle: I won't be at school today...I kinda have this thing...don't miss me too much *winks*

I knitted my brows at his vague response. I pondered about asking him about this 'thing' further on, but the morning bell sounded, and I decided to pocket my phone instead.

Kyle has these weird reactions whenever I ask him something about his life back in New York, and it was starting to bother me.

It was either he had something to hide or didn't trust me enough. Did something bad happen there? Were his parents here with him?

A sad feeling unfolded in me as I realized that I barely knew anything about him. That certainly have to change.

I sighed and closed my locker. When I turned to walk to my Visual studies class, I was halted by Selena. She had a passive expression on her face, but she held her chin high and folded her arms scanning me.

I swallowed nervously. She haven't said a word to me since the first day of school, and I did my best to stay out of her way. Something tell me this would be about Kyle...

"You puzzle me," she states.

I raised one of my brows in question. "Huh?"

"How well do you know Kyle?" she asks, a look of curiosity now forming on her face. I wasn't surprised that this would be about him. I could tell from her glares, that she still had feelings for him.

"Um...I only met him here, I don't really know much-"

"Then why are you clinging to him? I hope you're not trying to sponge off his money, especially now that his family finally landed a huge break for their company. He deserves someone who can actually help to guide him, not drag him down. Just know, I'm keeping my eyes on you Denvers." Selena interrupts.

A look of distaste masked her face, and her voice remained firm but low enough for only my ears.

She didn't give me the opportunity to respond but walked away afterwards. I felt hurt at her assumption but didn't ponder on it too long. I knew that's not why I wanted to be close to Kyle. Hell, I didn't even know that he was rich or that his family has some company.

I felt totally bumped out that Selena seem to know so much about him and his family and I didn't. Friends should know everything about each other...right?

I exhaled and walked towards my visual class that I was already late for. Gareth was sitting across from my drawing table, and he smirked at me the moment I entered. After I settled down, his obnoxious gaze still lingered on me and I scowled at him.

"What?" I finally hissed.

He raised his brows in surprise. "Nothing, just looking forward to today's class that's all," He says with a creepy smile.

I pulled my brows together then glanced at the instructions on white board. Realization dawned on me and I groaned aloud, ignoring Gareth's grin.

We weren't painting today. We were drawing. Damn you Gareth, this competition is so on.

*~*~*~*

I lost.

I glared at Gareth's triumphant grin when Mr. Dale gave us his critique after class. He declared Gareth's piece to be the best and I came in second. I found it unfair of course. Gareth's females looked unnatural and stiff in his illustration. I'll never understand how Mr. Dale prefer that over my beautiful piece of Doves. It was cute.

After class ended, I began to clear my drawing table and put my tools in my bag. A presence loomed behind me and I forced a tight smile on my face. "Congrats Gareth," I turned to him reluctantly.

A cocky smile was pulled on his lips. "Do you actually mean that Lyla?"

"Of course. I mean, you're just so amazing," I said, my voice was laced with sarcasm and he scowled.

"Yeah whatever, listen, tell your little boyfriend Kyle that he was missed today. I'm sure, I'll get another chance to show him what art actually is," He clicked his tongue and with a wink, walked from the class.

I blushed slightly when he referred to Kyle as my boyfriend. That I can guarantee will probably never happen. I was only a friend to him...one he apparently doesn't trust.

I frown and grabbed my bags. I really need to talk to him later. Thinking, I pulled out my cellphone and decided to text him:

Me: Do you not trust me?

He began to respond immediately.

Kyle: Huh? Why would you ask that?

Me: Nothing. Forget it.

Kyle: Lyla, what's wrong?

I sighed staring at the screen. I felt like this might turn into an unwanted argument and suddenly fear he will not want to talk to me afterwards. Guys usually hates it when girls are prying into their life. Maybe he didn't want us to be that close?

As I turned onto the next hallway, I bumped into a large, hard chest and his hands reached out to steady me as I tumbled backwards.

My breath escapes my lips in shock and I immediately looked into a pair of ice blue eyes when I steadied myself.

"Jackson?" I almost shouted and stepped out of his large hands.

A smirk grazes his lips. "Lightweight."

I frowned. "I have a name," I stated.

"I'm aware...everything okay?" he asks, and I raised my brows in shock.

Why was he having a conversation with me, in the middle of the hallway? He never talks to me at school. Persons even began to look at us weirdly, and I hugged myself feeling judged.

"Yes," I muttered.

He seems to catch onto my discomfort and glanced around briefly at the students staring at us intently. His mouth opened to say something, but a voice further behind me stopped him, "Yo Jackson what are you doing man? Let's go," Jared shouts and I didn't bother to look back at him.

Jackson gave him a heads-up, then concluded our exchange with a tight lip smile before walking away.

He really is acting strange.

*~*~*~*~*

That evening, I went home by the bus and settled in my room. I changed in my night wear, did some homework and video chat with Percy for a few minutes. I spoke to him about Vision and he gave me the encouragement I needed to tell my dad the truth tomorrow.

It wasn't going to be easy, but I had to. Percy then went on to rant about all the dilemma he has been tackling at school. His class apparently dared him to do something opposite to his character and he's having a hard time letting them down. I think he is just too kind.

After my conversation with Percy, I went to the kitchen to make some sandwiches. I glanced at the clock surprised that eight o'clock passed and my father wasn't home yet. As I pondered on his absence the doorbell rang and I hesitantly open the door.

My mouth fell. "Kyle?"

He pushed pass me and I closed the door behind him. "WHY AREN'T YOU RESPONDING TO ME?" he practically shouts, and I bit my bottom lip guilty.

I totally ignored his messages because I didn't want him to freak out about me wanting to pry in his life. Now I was just confused. He is here upset that I haven't texted him back when he doesn't even want to open up to me in the first place.

I peaked at his tall frame from under my lashes. He was panting angrily and clenched his fists at his sides. He was also wearing a grey adidas sweat suit. The colour made his skin tone more vibrant and I could already feel the butterflies erupting in my stomach.

I flinched at his accusing glare and immediately walked into my living room, so I didn't have to look at his gaze.

"I didn't want to cause an argument," I finally answered, flopping in the brown sofa. He followed my actions and I glanced at him. His face softened a bit.

"Maybe if you didn't ignore me, there wouldn't be one."

Feeling judged wrongly, I furrowed my brows. "Why do you want to be friends with me Kyle?"

"What?"

"Yeah why? I can't understand you anymore. Every time I ask something about your life, you completely divert the conversation. I had to learn from Selena today that you are apparently the son of some rich guy-"

"She told you about my family?" I look of horror spread over his face and I drew my brows together in confusion. Why was he afraid of that?

"N-no...just that...you're rich. Look, I understand if you don't trust me-"

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He inclined his body towards me and surprisingly pulled my hand into his own. The action was way to intimate for my heart.

"Lyla, I do trust you okay? I'll tell you whatever you want to know. Just don't stay mad at me," He pleaded, meeting my eyes.

I didn't want to be mad at him. And with the way those eyes were drinking me in, I doubt it was even possible. "Okay," I whispered.

He exhaled in relief but kept his hold on my hand. "Ask away," He instructed.

I thought for a second, then ask, "Why did you come to Virginia?"

He looked away from my eyes and swallowed. "I-I guess I needed a change of scenery. New York isn't an easy place to live in," He muttered.

"Are your parents here with you?"

He shook his head. "I only have my father. My mom left us when I was very young. But it's just me here in Virginia."

I was genuinely surprised. "Your father must trust you a lot."

"I am a responsible guy," He scoffed, running his hand through his hair again. He seemed to be a bit uncomfortable and I wondered why. This was just basic information that he didn't want to share. I felt confused but also bad that I may have forced him to do something he didn't want to do.

He must have caught onto my thoughts because he squeezed my hand slightly. "Hey, don't give me that face. I'm sorry, you felt like I wasn't open. I just...didn't thought all this information would be important to you," He admits.

I scoffed and turned my body towards him. "Kyle, you're like my only friend in the world. Of course, it would be important to me...I mean, I want to know you more," I admitted softly.

I blushed at the small smile he gave me and tucked my hair behind my ears.

"And I want to know you more too. In many ways," He whispered, and I looked up at him curiously.

Our eyes locked and I felt the sudden shift in the room. It was like electricity and my heart began to hammer in my chest.

Why was he looking at me like that?

As if there is a different meaning behind his words...

As if he wasn't referring to us being just friends...

"In what ways?" I found myself asking, not breaking our gaze.

He scooted closer making his knee brushed against mines. My heart accelerated, and warmth spread throughout my entire being.

This was weird.

This was different.

This was scary.

I wanted to run up to my room, but I couldn't move. I was trapped under the intensity of his orbs. "Can I demonstrate?" he asks softly, and his gaze dropped to my lips.

I froze when he pushed his head towards me. My breathing felt constricted as my gazed dropped to his own lips closing the gap between us. His pump lips feathered over my own and in that moment, my mind was wiped clean of every thought other than him.

It was like I was locked from this world and all that mattered, was the slight brush of his lips tingling against mines moments ago. He paused after he brushed his lips against mines, the heavy sound of his breathing surrounding us.

I felt warmth spreading in my tummy and I squeezed the cushion of the sofa beneath me. My heart hammered in my ears and my brain tried to register how we ended up here.

Kyle didn't move away, he lingered still, right above my mouth, with his breath blowing across my parted lips. They tingled and I involuntary began to lean into him again.

My top lip touched his this time and he moved in to close the distance when the front door began to push open and I sprang to the other end of the sofa as if Kyle burnt my skin.

I glanced at my father who was frozen at the doorway, and my face flamed guilty. He had a confused and curious expression as his eyes swayed from me to Kyle, who was itching his neck nervously.

"I can literally feel the tension in the room...and Lyla, you look like a beetroot." My father finally broke the silence.

I glared at him. "Dad! You're home! Kyle was just leaving," I chirped nervously.

"I was?" Kyle mumbled, and I glared at him, but looked away before I met his eyes. I couldn't look at him right now....not after....

"So, you're the one distracting my daughter huh?" My father raised his brows and dropped his hands to his waist in authority.

I felt like my blood-pressure tripled and I watched in horror at the smirk Kyle throws my way when he stood.

"I think it might be the other way around Mr. Denver," Kyle states.

Oh gosh my cheeks were officially hurting.

I sprang from the sofa. "Kyle! Don't you have that book report to write? Yes, yes you do!" I urge and pushed him towards the front door.

He waved at my father with a smile and I yank the front door open and pushed him out.

He turned to me with a smirk and I quickly shut the door in his face, before he could speak.

I was officially screwed.

Eeep!! XD.
Enjoyed?
Thoughts?
Smiles.
Remember to vote and comment below!
-With Love, Chan.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

10.6K 188 5
❝ 𝗪𝗛𝗢'𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗨𝗧𝗧𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗘 𝗡𝗢𝗪 ❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 - she used art as an escape for her problems ✿ Esther Collins' hoodie became her own hom...
3K 246 35
"Breathing. Something I've always known how to do, yet sometimes it seems impossible. I sat in the passenger seat of a red convertible Mustang. The...
14K 311 10
You and Kyle have been friends on internet for 3 months now but never showed eachother your faces or real names for privacy and stuffs , his online n...
195K 9.1K 65
When you're a seventeen-year-old girl with anxiety disorder and a gorgeous, popular girl that absolutely hates your guts for who-knows-what reason bu...