Old Friends, New Beginnings |...

By mayaxwriter

PETER PARKER FANFIC **** Peter Parker has been your best friend since you were young and you both are crushe... More

Part 1 - Kids (Prologue)
Part 2 - Back to Queens
Part 3 - Hey Parker...
Part 4 - Just Friends...
Part 5 - Spider-Boy
Part 6 - Web Fluid
Part 7 - Night Talk
Part 8 - Homecoming Tears
Part 9 - Cloud Nine
Part 10 - Homecoming Game
Part 11 - Dinner Butterflies
Part 12 - "You look perfect tonight"
Part 13 - Airport Meetings
Part 14 - Just Leave...
Part 15 - I Missed You
Part 16 - Gemini
Part 17 - Tony Stark
Part 18 - Mind Messages
Part 19 - Elise
Part 20 - The Gift
Part 21 - Burns
Part 22 - Partners
Part 23 - Banks and Secrets
Part 24 - The New Guy
Part 25 - Birthday Surprises (Part 1)
Part 26 - Birthday Surprises (Part 2)
Part 27 - Questions
Part 28 - Goodbyes and Lies
Part 29 - Drunk from Love
Part 30 - Forget
Part 31 - Ember
Part 32 - Thoughts
Part 33 - Confession
Part 34 - Back Again
Part 35 - Work Lies
Part 36 - Dad
Part 37 - Dinner
Part 38 - Discovery
Part 39 - Consequences
Part 40 - Delmar's
Part 41 - Job Offer
Part 42 - Bottom Bunk
Part 43 - The Ticket
Part 44 - The Call
Part 45 - MJ
Part 46 - Explanation
Part 48 - After School
Part 49 - Mom
Part 50 - Reassurance
Part 51 - Meeting
Part 52 - Hero Talks
Part 53 - Safe
Part 54 - Dress
Part 55 - The Last Night
Author's Note & Sequel Tease

Part 47 - A Walk

4.3K 134 200
By mayaxwriter

Peter's POV:

"Peter," Y/N spoke softly, "I believe you, and I forgive you."

I felt a little happiness come back into my body as she said those words. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes, and the happiness turned into worry.

"But I need a little more time to think. I'm sorry," her voice cracked.

It's like I could physically feel my heart break in two as she got up out of her chair and made her way into the elevator.

I sat there frozen staring at the space where she sat. I didn't know what to think. It's like I already missed her. I heard her sob as the elevator door closed and I did the same.

I feel a body come and sit next to me, "What happened, kid?" I look to see Mr. Stark sitting next to me. He places his arm around me as if he was comforting me.

"She believed me," I told him.

"That's great!"

"But she also just broke up with me," I got up and began to walk away from Mr. Stark.

"Kid, where are you going?" He calls after me, but his voice sounded distant and far away.

I just kept walking as I reached the elevator and walked inside. My lifeless arm reached and clicked on the down button.

I walked out of the elevator once it reached the bottom floor and I grabbed my phone from my pocket. I searched through my contacts for Y/N's name.

I found her name and I clicked the call button, but as I assumed, no answer. I tried texting her a couple of times asking if we could talk, but no response.

I needed to talk to her. I know she didn't go home, so she's probably staying with someone. My brain hurt trying to think about who Y/N was good friends with, that she could be possibly staying with.

I hoped it was someone to give me answers on how Y/N was doing, and help me get her to talk to me. Think Peter, think. 

My mind became clear as I realized that she was probably staying with the one girl who would never give me answers, MJ.

~

Y/N's POV:

On the way back to MJ's house I stopped at a local supermarket and bought two tubs of ice cream. The lady at the checkout looked at me strangely but sympathetically. Probably because I was a teenage girl, with smeared mascara, red puffy eyes, carrying two big tubs of ice cream.

I finally reached MJ's house and walked up to her porch and then attempted to knock with the tubs of ice cream in my hands.

I hear her footsteps from the other side of the door and she unlocks and opens the door, "Hey, what happened?" Her voice was concerned but confused.

I walked into her house and held up the ice cream, "I got ice cream,"

"Put down the ice cream and tell me what happened?"

I sniffed and set the ice cream down on her kitchen table and then made my way to her couch and flopped down on it, "Mr. Stark called me because Peter was there and he was depressed. He wanted me to talk to him. So I went down there and got Peter's side of the story."

"And?" She asked sitting down on the couch.

"I believed him. He said nothing else happened and he knew what he did was wrong. He said he left right after they kissed. And I believe him and I forgive him."

She shifts in her seat, "Then why does your face look like a raccoon?"

I stifle a laugh, "Because, I broke up with him. I told him I needed time. It was the hardest thing ever."

"I'm sorry this happened," MJ responded.

A buzz came from her pocket and she pulled out her phone, "It's Peter,"

I get up and watch as she answers the phone and walks away from me a little.

~

MJ's POV:

"I'm sorry this happened," I tell her.

She slowly nods just as my phone begins to buzz in my pocket. I have no friends so who could be calling me.

I take my phone out of my pocket and see Peter's name on my screen, "It's Peter,"

Y/N looks up and then sits up on the couch as I answer my phone. I walk into the kitchen to talk to him.

"What Parker?" I sigh.

"MJ, is Y/N over there?" His voice sounds rushed and worried. God, he's such a dork.

I rub my forehead and look over at Y/N who is intently listening to my conversation, "Yeah, she's here."

"Please tell her I'm sorry and I need to talk to her,"

"Not a chance Parker, you've already messed with her mind enough."

"I'm not trying to mess with her. I love her, please MJ?" He whines into the phone.

I turn away from Y/N and reply to him, "Only my friends get to call me that."

I take the phone away from my ear and hang up just as he was beginning to whine again. I'm trying to be a good friend, and I don't think Peter is the best option for Y/N right now,

Y/n got up from the couch and walked hesitantly towards me, "So? What did he say?"

"He just wanted to know if you were here," I tell her.

She looked disappointed as if she was expecting more, that's when I gave in, "He also said he's sorry and wants to talk to you,"

She stands up straighter, "Well I'm not talking to him," she says assuringly. But she says it more like she's assuring herself that.

"Right, OK." I put my phone down on the table, "Let's go watch a movie,"

~

Y/N's POV:

All night MJ and I watched various movies to take my mind off of the whole situation with Peter. MJ fell asleep about 12 AM but I was tossing back and forth on the couch until 2 AM.

I have a feeling like I overreacted about the whole thing. But, also Peter did technically kiss her and then he didn't tell me.

My mind was going back and forth, finally, I got upset and got up quietly, trying not to wake MJ. I only had a tank top and shorts on so I grabbed a small jacket that I bought and then headed to the kitchen table. I walked over to the desk in the kitchen and grabbed a notepad and paper.

"Went for a walk. Be back soon." I wrote down. I tore out the paper and laid it by MJ on the couch.

Then, I wandered over to the door, opened it and made my way into the night.

~

My feet ended up taking me to Peter's apartment. I should've known that's where I was heading. I got up to his building and located the fire escape ladder. I began to climb up it and went up to Peter's apartment.

I found the window looking into Peter's room to see him fast asleep in bed. I used my telekinesis to open his window quietly. I quickly jumped inside and walked over to Peter in his bed.

His phone was laying in his hand and the screen was lit up with text messages he sent to me. I reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone with 17 notifications from Peter.

I walked over to his desk where there was a picture in a frame. The picture was of me and him at the ice cream parlor the night he came back from Switzerland with Tony Stark.

Elise had taken the picture on my camera. I had my arms wrapped around Peter and he had his arms wrapped around me in a big hug. We both looked so happy.

I smile softly to myself as I remember the memory. I was dragged out of my thoughts when I heard Peter's phone buzz.

I moved over to where his phone was laying in his hand and I looked at the screen at the message. I know, I'm snooping. But I'm a nosy person.

Liz:
I'm shocked you're awake at 2:00 AM. But yes, you can come over tomorrow after school ;) see you then.

My heart broke a little more reading that. Why is he going over to her house?

A single tear fell down my face as I crawled back out of the window and onto the fire escape ladder. I climbed down and stepped off when I got to the bottom.

I wipe my tear away and shove my hands in my pocket as I walk back to MJ's house.

~

I got back around 3 AM, and quietly opened the door and closed it. I slid my jacket off and placed it on the kitchen chair.

I looked over at MJ to see that she was still fast asleep. I grabbed the note that I left near her and crumpled it up. I slumped back on the couch and covered myself with the blanket.

My thoughts while falling asleep were all about Peter. I couldn't get him off my mind. Maybe I can't get him off my mind because he's supposed to be there.

Maybe I can't get him off my mind because my mind knows what my heart's denying.

-

-

-

-

A/N: This was a sad chapter aw. I feel so sad when I write these. But why do you guys think Peter is going to Liz's house? Thank you so much for reading. Remember to comment, vote and follow! Love you all.

Love always,
MJ Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.6K 1.1K 37
Y/N Y/L/N and Peter Parker are the best of friends, the pair being inseparable throughout high school. Until one day, everything goes wrong. Five yea...
13.2K 441 33
> Peter has friends that he has known for most of his life, people that have always been there for him, people that care for and worry about him. How...
103K 2.9K 41
Y/N Stark... Daughter of the famous Tony Stark that everyone knows as Iron Man. Y/N hid a secret from the world. The fact that she have ability beyo...
4.8K 97 10
⚠️ DISCONTINUED AS OF 8-29-2021⚠️ (May pick it back up later on but most likely not) You were just a normal girl who did everything with your best fr...