Heaven's Eternal Light

By denise_119

The fight between Vampires and Angels has been going on for centuries. Until now the fight had been in a truc... More

New "Friends"
Confessions and Suprises
Unexpected Vistors
It Begins

Answers

31 0 2
By denise_119

Max just smiled and said, "Fine."

I turned and put my hand out to him then watched as he kissed my hand. Disappearing, I know  he's still watching me. When I get home my father is waiting on me. The second I walk in he looks up in concern. Instantly, I knew something had happened I could feel it. "Where's Alan?"

"He's just looking for Andrew."

"Why Andrew?"

He stops mid sentence and gives me a look. I don't have to look up at him to know what he's trying to get at. I knew bringing him into this would invoke the anger of the Mantons. More scum coming to town also makes us a bigger target. My father says, "I know you don't like him, but he's going to help us."

"Okay, talk it out with the Manton's yet?"

"Yes."

"They're mad but they agree it's not best idea to get the police involved." 

"Good."

"Yes, but they want to know who did it."

"No, they don't. Talk them out of it. I can take those memories away. She'll never know that it ever happened."

"I'll go talk to them, again."

"Thank you."

Once again I was left to my own thoughts. Something had changed, but for now it hadn't presented itself. Letting my mind wander, it goes back to the first time I found my dad.

I had been wandering around in the small town at night. This was the first time I noticed a medium size man had been watching me through a nearby store window. Shaking my head, I just walk on by. I just kept walking not really paying attention to where I'm going until I'm in the middle of a corn field. I turn around to find the man, who had been watching me, was standing behind me. He smirks and murmurs in my ear, "Hello I'm Greyson Hallowell."

"Hello Greyson. " I slowly move away from him. Concern crosses his face as he says, "Do you have a place to stay?"

Groaning then suddenly realizing I haven't been in a house since I was changed. I say, "No, but I can handle myself."

Greyson reaches out and touches my skin. "Your freezing cold my child. You need a warm place to stay, and I have one don't make me make you come with me."

Once the threat sunk in, an involuntary growl escaped from my lips. I could feel the anger bubbling up from inside. Instantly, the hair on my neck stood up. He smiles and grabs me by the waist suddenly throwing me over his shoulder. 

"I told you that I'd do it. Never underestimate me."

Angrily swiping at the man, I hit his neck as hard as I possibly can. The second after the hit landed I felt his sudden outrage. I realized he wasn't human. No human would have survived that blow. I had used every ounce of power I had. With one sudden movement I was tumbling off his shoulder. Once I looked up he had a bemused look on his face. 

"How did, could you have survived that? It's not possible."

"Ha! I am not human my dear. I've been a vampire for almost 35 years."

"A vampire?"

A confused look crossed his face as he said, "You've never heard of a vampire before?"

"No, I don't even know what I am."

"You my dear are what we call a half ling. Which means your a half human, half vampire. A vampire is someone who is undead, which is immortal."

"I know what that means. I'm not stupid. Thank you for telling me all that."

"Do you have a place to stay tonight?"

"No, I don't. I usually just wander place to place."

"That's no way to be dear." Suddenly, I feel I finally found someone that was like me. Being alone was horrible. I grew up in a home that was constantly full of life, so there was always someone around. I had grown so accustomed to it that  being alone was slowly driving me insane. Those days was the highlight of my life. I knew he couldn't replace my family, but I also couldn't suppress the feeling he might. Greyson laughs at the conflicted look on my face and says, "Your welcome to stay with me as long as you need."

"Wouldn't people get suspicious if I all of a sudden start to live in your house?"

"No one cares what I do."

 "Fine. Wait, what do you hunt?"

"Ah, that subject. I hunt only when completely necessary."

"Which is....?"

"When the need is overpowering. What about you?"

"Sometimes."

"Let me take you to my house. As far as anyone else is concerned your my daughter."

"Fine."

I hadn't realized once the memory started I passed out. Laughter moves through the house shaking me out of my revere. Running down the stairs I stop to see Andrew sitting on the couch. He stands up and smiles. "Hello, doll face."

Instead of answering him I look at my dad and silently, "Why?"

He smiles, "He's the best reader we got right now. We need him. I know you two don't have the best history, but he's needed unless... you want to do it."

"I can't and you know I can't."

"She might be more comfortable with you rummaging in her head."

"Ha! If he fails I will step in, but not until then."

Andrew breaks in angrily says, "Don't I get a word in this?!"

"No!", we snapped in unison. Clearing my throat and stepping up to get into his face.

I say, "Right now your under MY command, you will do as I say, and when I say it understood?"

Smiling he murmurs, "I see that your days under Xay's  command has reared it's ugly head."

I turn away then suddenly swing back around grabbing Andrew by his face. "Now that you got you're smart ass remark out, you will do what I say and nothing else. The consequences  will be extremely dire if you cross me. My days of punishing the vamps who cross me hasn't yet slipped my mind." 

He gulped and smiled. "Whatever you say."

I increased my grip on his face until I could see the blood pouring into his cheeks. Leaning over I whispered, "This is not a joke. I will kill you if you cross me."

To instill my point, I pushed myself into his mind and showed him in detail what I'll do to him. Releasing my grip gasping for air with tears running down his face.

"So, don't mess with me. I'm not someone you want as an enemy deary."

The rest of the day, he stayed  away from me. Max wanted to see me again. Instead of finding Andrew, I just disappeared. Max was standing there waiting  I broke the silence by saying, "We got someone to find out what happened to her."

"Good, my mother would be extremely happy."

"Yes, because pleasing your mother is my life."

"Don't get snappy, Ana."

"Sorry, it's been a very long day."

"Do you trust this person, who's going to push himself into my sisters head?"

Turning away from him I sighed and say, "It isn't about trust in my world. You trust someone, and it gets you killed."

"Then why do you trust me?"

"Maybe it isn't trust, and maybe it is. You make me trust you even though my existence is based in lies and not trusting people." 

A long pause and the man,Max, calls his father walks up. Silently, he looks me up and down.  His voice plays inside my head. It occurs to me that if this one angel can do this imagine what more than one can do. My talent is tied to memories the victim has. When I was young I was taught to hone in on all my talents. Suddenly, I realized he was pulling my secrets thoughts to the surface. I blocked those thoughts, growled at this strange man, and his talent. 

"And what was that for?"

"I needed to see how much of a threat you are."

"Did I pass?"

"Hmm, that depends on one hand your one of the greatest threats I've meet, but on the other hand you wish none of us harm, even going as far as to defend us if attacked."

"Yes, I may be your enemy, but for some reason I've grown attached to your family."

"Good, that will come in handy when the time comes. Can I count on you when that time does come?"

"Under one condition."

"What is that, Ana?"

I came closer, putting my hands on his face. Those precious memories no one else had seen being pushed into his mind. My "father" helping me transfer into that town, my mother teaching me about love. The one person who annoyed me more than anyone my brother. 

"Did I make it clear?"

"Yes as long as your family isn't hurt."

"Good. I'd have to kill you if you did hurt them."

"Then you understand where I'm coming from. Even though my family isn't my real family I still love them like it."

"We've got someone to see just who hurt her. I promise we will find the person who did it."

He smiled happily and said, "Good Ana. I almost believe your not core evil."

"I am not completely evil. Like I've said before I never got a chance."

"Never got a choice in immortality?"

"Yes I was attacked and changed before I could protest."

"Your not lying. Interesting most people don't get into that situation."

The second I walked in I immediately felt his presences. I wasn't sure how long this peace would last with him here. Once I believed he was my savior my hero, but the longer I stayed with him the more I realized the monster he truly was. He had taught me everything I'd learned about tracking. It had been 400 years since I've seen him. I'm the only one who knows the truth about him. A shadow presented itself at my shoulder. Tensing I prepare for  attack. It turned out to be Max, Mrs. Manton, his sister, and father. Instead of waiting for Mrs. Manton to accuse me of something, I walk into my house. Andrew comes over and says, "Hello Ana."

"Hello Andrew."

All of us walk into the living room my leader side kicks in and I announce "We're here to find out who did this to Janine. I know that most of you know each other but on bad terms. Tonight, we need to trust each other for this to have any effect. So Mantons, do you trust me and my extended family?"

Mrs. Manton steps forward and says "Are YOU going to be the one to help her?"

"No, I won't. Don't worry  it'll all be over soon."

"Alright, I trust you."

"Andrew." He steps forward. 

He slowly leans forward and murmurs, "Don't worry I won't hurt you."

He lightly presses his hand to her forehead and his eyes roll into the back of his head. Janine jumps and tries to pull away. I dash over and whisper in her ear, "Relax he isn't going to hurt you."

She pulls away slowly backing away from Andrew. Orders were barked out and it became choas for a few minutes. I stayed were I was watching her. Apparently Max had as well. Without turning I motion for Max to come over and calm her down. She jumped into Max's arms crying. Once one threat is neutralized I dash over to Andrew and touched his head. I push him down harder onto the floor.  Max walks over silently watching as I try to bring him back. With any vampire that has powers if your stuck inside your head for too long you don't come back. As much as I disliked Andrew I couldn't let him suffer like this. My brother walks over and gently touches his shoulder. Just as I pull myself up from the floor thunder crashes nearby. 

"Relax he's coming back."

"You sure?"

"Yes, look he's eyes are clearing up as we speak."

"Good." I turn to Janine. "You want those memories gone don't you?"

Trembling she answers slowly, "Yes, but I don't trust them."

"Who do you trust then?"

"Max, my parents. my other brother.... and you."

"If you trust me then let me take the memories away."

"What if I turn out like my brother?"

"You won't. I'm not here to take your memories away."

"Fine, go for it."

As I move closer Max steps closer touching Janine cheeks. I move to touch her forehead. Every time I go into someone's head It's like there's no me anymore just this person. I mummer into her head remember those moments please, trust me I won't let you remember too much. Suddenly, the memory pops up. It's him, the one person I'd torture to death. The vampire, who changed me into what I am now. Pulling the memories out I push her away. My father come close, "Ana?"

"It's fine. It's Xay."

"Are you sure?"

"100% positive. There's no one who has those eyes."

"Then he's close."

Continue Reading