The Trading Game

By kylekay

Alix Greco Shipping Heir. Samatha Rivers his assistant. Cute love story, its going to be comical (if you ge... More

Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch 24
Ch. 25
Ch. 26
Ch. 27
Ch. 28
Ch. 29
Ch. 30

Ch. 9

26.7K 895 36
By kylekay

When I catch my breath I sit up looking at the clock on the bedside table. "We have to get going." I say, tapping his shoulders. He's laying completely on top of me, not moving. "You alive?" I ask, when he doesn't respond.

"What do we have today?" He questions, still refusing to budge.

"We have a bunch of things to go over, I need to send the proposal to the board for further review and you need to meet with the state commissioner regarding zoning permits." I tell him. He shifts and I suck a breath feeling the tug of his member still inside of me.

He moans as he flips down beside me. "Did that hurt?"

"No, I'm fine. Other than the fact I can't feel my legs. Now, go get dressed."

He nods and stands up, giving me a view of his muscular butt. "Well, that explains why you're such a tight ass." I mumble, earning a chuckle.

    He grabs his pants and leaves the room and I walk to the shower. I make it quick and get dressed in record time knowing he'll be here soon to leave for the office. I pull back my hair into a low bun and grab my briefcase and purse. As soon as I reach the door it opens to an impeccably dressed Alix.

    At the office it's business as usual and we get everything that we need to have done throughout the week without incident. However, once we leave for the night its a different story. I'm not sure what is going on with our relationship, but it seems to revolve around sex.

I've been getting looks from him during work hours that I can't for the life of me decipher. Then at night he's like a different person, I know exactly what he's thinking at all times. At this point I've come to the conclusion that I don't mind what we have going on. I like being with him in bed. Never once has it been awkward or uncomfortable. Maybe this is the type of relationship I need right now... Ugh, I hate that I used the word, relationship. This is the type of arrangement I need in my life right now.

    I might've felt beholden to him when he saved my parents house, but that's not why I'm continuing to sleep with him. Its not that I don't want to eventually settle down with the right guy, but life is too short and I'm not stupid enough to convince myself that Alix is that guy.

    I'm focused on my career right now and my family. Alix is filling a void for me and I seem to be doing the same for him. I do worry about what will happen when he want's to stop. Not that I think it will effect our working situation, we are both logical level headed people. However, it might irk just a little to know he doesn't want me anymore.

    I have told myself a million times its going to end soon and its helped a lot. Making sure I'm aware at all times that it's just a temporary thing. I'll enjoy it while it lasts and move on when its over.

We've made it to Friday, six days! Surprising even me. That is a pretty good indication that we're on the same page, not once has it been needed to be discussed. There have been some arguments. Like the protection debate, He has been useing condoms but we've been unprotected 3 times and I don't want to slip up anymore. I'm going to the doctor in two weeks. That's the earliest we can get back to New Jersey so I can see my personal gynecologist.

    Now we are waiting for his family to show up and go over some business plans. There is a knock on the door, just as I get up to answer it a man comes in. This is definitely Alix's brother. "Wow." I mutter under my breath in amazement. They are so strikingly similar, its shocking.

Even the way he walks is exactly like Alix. "Hello, I'm Braxton." He says, introducing himself. He smiles pleasantly. Definitely a charmer.

Braxton has an easiness about himself that Alix lacks. "Hi, I'm Sam." I reply, shaking his outstretched hand.

"Samantha." Alix corrects, he doesn't like the name, Sam. I roll my eyes and look past Braxton to a beautiful woman holding his hand. "Hi." I greet, shaking her hand as well.

"Hello, I'm Charlie." She says.

"Charlotte." Braxton argues, smirking.

I laugh, "Nice to meet you, Charlie." I say, ignoring the men.

"You too, Sam." She winks.

"Where are-" I'm about to ask where his parents are but I hear squabbling and look towards the door. I see a tall, handsome dark haired man and a striking woman. She is leading the way with him behind her. She is letting him have it over something.

"What happened?" Alix whispers to Braxton.

"Mom got you a gift and dad refused to let her wrap it." He shrugs and rolls his eyes.

I chuckle, "Are all the men in your family control freaks?"

Braxton glances at Alix, his stunned look changing to amused when Charlie answers, "Yes."

Still arguing with her husband, his mom smiles widely at Alix kissing both his cheeks and patting his face lovingly. "My handsome baby. I've missed seeing your face."

I smirk at the display of affection, noticing his father turning towards me, "Hello, I'm Cairo. My wife, Alexia." He says.

"Very nice to meet you." I reply, smiling. I notice Alexia turn and wave but continues to lavish attention on Alix about how proud she is of him and how much she wishes he'd come back home for a few days.

I shoulder bump Braxton. "I guess we know who the favorite is." I whisper, teasingly.

He nods. "Always." He replies, trying to sound bitter.

"I do not have favorites." She argues, turning to glare at us but her smirk ruins the affect.

"Okay, enough. I want to see the plans." Cairo states, rubbing his hands together excitedly.

The men walk to the desk and I turn to the women, "Can I get you anything to drink?"

They both decline and I lead them to the seating area. "So, when is the wedding?" I ask, recalling that Alix told me Charlie and Braxton are engaged.

"Next month." She answers, smiling happily.

"That's exciting. Congratulations. Marrying a, Greco. You are very brave." I reply, jokingly.

Alexia leans forward, "Braxton and Alix are very different. Braxton is better suited for marriage than Alix. She'll do fine with him. He's ready to settle down and make babies." Alexia replies, smiling at a blushing Charlie.

I nod in agreement. "I don't see Alix stopping to have a life outside of work. Looking over to the three men and narrowing my eyes, I add. "If they didn't look so much alike I would demand a blood test."

Alexia giggles. "My Alix has always been a hard worker. He doesn't know how to put anything else first. Not like Braxton, Braxton knows what is important in life." She states, somehow sounding proud of both her sons.

    When the boys are done going over the expansion ideas for G.S.I Savannah Port we leave to go to dinner. We take a separate car from his family and I wonder, why? Does he internationally distance himself from them? It looks that way, but it's none of my business.

Halfway to the restaurant I turn to him. "You're right, they're lovely people. Why don't you spend more time with them?" I ask, simply because I cannot help myself. My business or not, I'm curious!

"I work." He states, simply.

I nod, knowing that's not the reason. "Why didn't you ride with them?"

"I like my space." He replies. Alix is a loner, I might not understand it but I respect that about him.

Which bring up another question. "How much longer do you think we'll be sleeping together?" I ask, thinking about his lack of space with me around all the time. Its not that it'll matter, but I'd like to be prepared.

"Bored already?" He asks, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

I look up at him in surprise. "No, just curious."

"A while. Do you need something?" He questions, simply.

My eyes narrow, "Need something? Are you asking if I need money?" I question, appalled. He brought money up so casually. I realize, he's been waiting for me to ask him.

It's his turn to hear the annoyance in my voice. He looks down at me, trying to read me, which is easy, because I am absolutely livid. "Cat got your tongue?" He doesn't say anything, Alix knows when he's buried. He's smart and very calculating. He is searching for something to say to ease the tension. "Never mind. I just answered my own question." I state, looking out the window as we pull up to a nice restaurant, its a little more lively than the others, but it has great food. I know that Alix suggested it.

"Explain." He demands.

    I ignore him and pick up the presents I got for him and his brother and open the car door. He stops me just as I get one leg out. "I'm done." I look over my shoulder at him, he's a block of stone, completely unreadable. I yank my arm out of his hand and get out of the vehicle. I put a smile on my face as we meet up with his family in the parking lot and walk to the entrance.

    We're seated at a table for 6, with three chairs on each side. I sit next to Charlie at the end with her next to Braxton. Alix sits across me me next to his mother, leaving his father at the end across from Braxton. I look up into Alix's cold eyes and decide to think about this in a calm and rational manner. Which is hard to do, but not impossible.

    Perhaps I should've told him that I didn't sleep with him because he saved the house. That I did it because it was single handily the sweetest thing that anyone has done for my family. I would've never thought he'd think that I was only sleeping with him for money. For him to say that to me, is beyond the pale and completely false.

Clearly, we don't know each other as well as I thought we did. Since, I refuse to quit working for him, we can go back to the way things were before, but I am not trading sex for anything, ever again.

    Refusing to speak to him until later, I join in conversation with the rest of the table. Smiling and laughing at his parents as they dote on each other, then turn around and start arguing again. I look at Charlie who is just as amused as I am.

"You still have time. A Greco, forever? I'll keep my car running outside the church." I tease. "Just incase."

Braxton's large arm goes around the back of her chair. "Don't give her any ideas. I can't live without her." He states, smiling down at Charlie.

I smile back at them. "Awe, you two are perfect together." I gush. Very sweet and clearly head over heels in love.

    We order appetizers and drinks as the band starts to play soothing music. There's a little dance floor for happy couples to sway to the music together. I watch as Braxton leads Charlie to it and Cairo kisses Alexia's hand and does the same. I have a view of them, so its easy to pretend that Alix isn't staring holes into my head.

"We're not done." I hear him say and I look at him bored.

"Its not up to you." I reply, sweetly.

"It is."

I shake my head at his audacity, not that I find it surprising. "No, its not. The shop is closed. Find someone else."

"No."

"Well, lets hope you got chocolate from your mom. You're going to need it." I state, going back to watching the dance floor.

"Samantha." He warns.

I look back at him, he's looking as immovable as ever. "I didn't do it for the money. I did it because it was nice of you and no one has even done something like that for me and my family. The fact that you think I did and will only continue to do so if you pay me is disgusting." He doesn't respond, but I know he's listening. "I will work for you, outside of the bedroom only." I emphasize.

The waitress brings out the appetizers and drinks. Placing them on the table, his parents, Braxton and Charlie make their way back to us. "Are you two is some type of disagreement?" Cario asks, sitting down.

I shake my head no and Alix says, "Yes."

I roll my eyes. "Its only about work. We've cleared it up." I reply, simply.

Cairo nods and we start serving ourselves.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 132K 70
#Book 1 #3 in humor on 13.5.18 #33 in romance on 03.04.17 Started on : 5th december 2015 Ended on: 14th february 2017 Teresa Scarlet is witty, pretty...
210K 13.1K 38
"So, let me get this straight. You stomped all over his paperwork?" She started. "Not intentionally, but yes," I confirmed it. "Threw a drink in hi...
12.1M 405K 39
#1 in romance genre (1stJan - 8th Jan.) ( Again placed #1 in romance in Feb) Aaron got up from his seat and walked round the table towards her while...
1.6M 83.9K 65
[Completed] #1 in Romance (05-Jan-21) #1 in India (25-Apr-22) #5 in Humor (25-Mar-21) ❝For the world, it was a love marriage. But for them it was ne...