Starstruck | C.H

De valentineashton

Hi Guys! This story has been nominated in the watty awards! I would really appreciate your support on this! "... Mais

Prologue
1. Welcome back to LA
3. What are best friends for?
4. Rudely interrupted
5. Sorry about him
6. Buddy scheme
7. Time to tell the folks
8. The official meeting
9. Was that a drug exchange?
10. First time in the studio
11. No way, this is a celeb's party?
12. He's guilty, I'm innocent
13. Did we just record a single?
14. The truth always comes out
15. This is...tense
16. Is that a hickey?
17. Unexpected kiss
18. The actual truth
19. Time to talk business
20. Always check the bedroom
21. Life update
22. The fourth of July bash
23. Rejected in front of the press
24. Who is this and what did he do with Calum?
25. Let's film a music video
26. From one gal to another
27. Finally
28. How old are we again?
29. Eighteen
30. What did I do?
31. F*** You
32. Is this it then?
33. Don't leave
34. Fresh start
35. All good things must come to an end
Sequel
New Story - Photograph

2. No bad press

5.8K 88 33
De valentineashton

2. No bad press

Calum

"Man!" Ashton shouted at random, making us all jump slightly. "I cannot wait for this record to drop." 

We were currently lounging around our house, waiting for our management team to come over for an important meeting regarding our new album. This was a moment we were all waiting for.

These past two years had been difficult for me ever since the incident. I've poured my heart and soul into this album with the boys. 

Ever since the incident I felt like I've changed and not necessarily in a good way. The boys have said it themselves. They always say stuff like "you're not the Calum we used to know," or "I really wish you wouldn't be such a dick." I don't know I guess just ever since it's happened I've stopped letting everyone in and put up walls around myself, even for the boys.

I feel like I can't trust anyone anymore and for that I couldn't help but become bitter and cold and I hated myself for it but I couldn't turn back now otherwise I'd let all the feelings and bad memories back in. The only time I feel myself again is when I'm writing, playing and listening to music. Which is why at this moment in time I was able to be myself.

We all looked up from our phones and shared sheepish smiles with each other. "Which do you think will be most popular?" Michael asked.

"Obviously it will be Youngblood," Luke smirked. He always was the charmer of the band with his incredible vocals and looks that teenaged girls drooled about. He also chose that song as it was currently number one and it had only been out a week. It was already doing better than Want You Back. Luke kept bragging saying it was only because he was singing, he was joking of course but sometimes I think he isn't.

"I personally think it will be Valentine, my guitar on that is epic," Michael said playing the chords on his guitar that he had on his lap.

"Nah, I bet it will be if walls could talk." Ashton folded his arms looking smug.

Michael nodded, "Oh good point, because that's the only one you sing on and you know what the fam are like whenever you sing." Michael said in amusement.

He was correct, Ashton had an incredible voice which was hardly ever used. I sometimes thought he was better than Luke with a more vast vocal range and able to hold high notes but with him being the drummer of the band if he sang lots he wouldn't be able to perform live due to having to play the drums. 

"What about you Calum?" Michael asked. I was caught off guard by his question purely due to the fact that I was in my own world.

All the boys looked at me anticipating by reaction but I simply shrugged and left it at that. They sighed, I don't know what they were expecting from me. 

"I wish you would go back to the way you used to be," Luke scoffed. He had the audacity to fucking scoff and roll his eyes at me.

"Luke..." Ashton said, warning him not to say anymore. He would be wise to keep his mouth shut right now, he was treading in dangerous territory. 

Luke rolled his head back in annoyance, "What! We're all thinking it! Truth is Calum, you're making the vibe in this band awkward. Things just aren't the same anymore. We feel like we can't have a conversation with you anymore!" He stood up and started to pace, "Your whole vibe you've got going on isn't just impacting us, it's starting to impact the fans and the press!" He stopped and put his hands on his hips in front of me. "You seriously need to start getting your act together because you're putting this band at jeopardy. Every week theres a bad article about you in the media!" Luke snapped and I was just about ready to argue back when our manager Chris strolled into the room.

The tension in the room thickened as we all slumped back into our seats, intimidated by the look Chris was giving us all.

"Boys this has got to stop. You're just a few weeks away from dropping your record and you still can't get along." He shook his head and sat down on the couch.

"In all fairness Chris, Michael, Ashton and I get on perfectly well, like always. It's Calum that's the problem." 

I seriously wanted to knock that boy out, he was really getting on my nerves at the moment. Fame was really getting to his head.

I remained silent and chose to ignore his remark, what was the point anyway.

"This is one of the main reasons as to why I'm here. regarding the press. Calum, what Luke said as I walked in, I hate to admit but he's right. You've been getting ridiculous amounts of bad press which is really impacting on this band. And if it carries on then I'm afraid my team want to drop you from the band."

That was it, "What the fuck, this band wouldn't exist if it weren't for me, you need a bassist and you need my lyrics!" I snapped.

"You are absolutely right Calum and I couldn't agree more, but my bosses don't. You need to sort yourself out otherwise it's the end of the road for you pal, everyone's replaceable." He said with a softer tone. 

I took in a deep breath. As much as I hated this situation deep down, I still loved my band mates and they were my best friends, even if at times I didn't show it and I wanted to be a part of this band and play music. I couldn't let them down. "What do I have to do?" I said through gritted teeth, not happy about this.

"It's easy, no bad press." That couldn't be too hard. Right?

"Yeah Cal, get the band some good press for once." Ashton chuckled and I rolled my eyes at his remark. 

"He's right, good press or no press at all. Anything bad and you're at risk of being dropped."

I nodded slowly taking in his words. This was going to be difficult, I couldn't help the way I've become that's just who I am now, I don't like doing good things because it really reminds me of how I used to be, and there's too many bad memories attached to my old self that I really, really didn't want to let in. 

AN: I'm sorry but can we all appreciate how adorable calum is in the gif. So i've just finished reading Afraid on here and honestly I've read it so many times and it has to be one of my faves and it's why I chose calum as my star in this story. What a cutie.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Question of the chapter: What do you do as a hobby? 

I'm a dancer, I do ballet, modern-jazz, lyrical, cheerleading, musical theatre - basically a bit of everything and I've done it ever since I can walk!

- Liv xx

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

1.1M 49.7K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1.1M 46.4K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
257K 5.9K 48
"He always calls me around 2am." "Do you pick up?" "Yes." "Do you know him?" "No." Where a girl gets called by an unknown number around 2am almost ev...
129K 3K 83
━━━ ( 𝗦 𝗘 𝗖 𝗥 𝗘 𝗧 𝗦 ) ❝𝗗𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗠𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗲... 𝗗𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘂𝘀.❞ ❝𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙤𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙗𝙚𝙩! ❞ // what happens when chia and f...