Crimson Murders

By Melancholic_Lotus13

Being able to see things no one has ever, is not great. Izuku-a boy who just wants to live a normal life and... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Epilogue
Sequel is out + Pictures

Chapter Seven

5.8K 301 192
By Melancholic_Lotus13

So! Seventh chapter! I've written out the USJ chapter already, and y'all I fell in love. Just a thing, I have a tumblr account that I'm using to post my original art for this story. I have his hero suit drawn, but it will change a little. Um, yeah. Follow it and add or ask something. The username is izuku-championofdeath . So yeah. Shameless promotion. 

"So you can see when someone is going to die, you can see these things called Ghouls, and you can see the Grim Reaper?" The disbelief in his voice tells him enough. Izuku shakes his head, wringing his hands. He really doesn't like this. Not at all. The look he earns it's telling him that he made a mistake. He shouldn't have said anything. He should've kept his mouth closed and never have told Recovery Girl. Trusting teachers never got him anywhere, so why did he think this would be any different?

  "You don't believe me," he mutters. He pushes his curls away from his face and puts on his glasses. "I knew you wouldn't." He moved to get up but a glare keeps him from standing. He takes a breath and waits for his teacher to say what he needs to say.

  Aizawa stares at the boy—problem child. He isn't sure how to take this at all. Izuku has been seeing these creatures since he can remember, how can one even know how to respond to such a revelation? No wonder the kid hasn't said anything, he knows that no one would ever believe him. "It's not that I don't believe you, but it's difficult to wrap my mind around it." The words aren't what he expected. He didn't expect him to say that. "Your eyes, they've been cursed by the Grim Reaper, why?"

"As I said, I'm not sure. I have a feeling that Death thought it was doing a good thing. They always tell me to accept the gift they gave me and that gift is my eyes." He sighs and looks at Shota, unsure of what to say. He sighs and glances to the corner of the room, staring at Beetle, glaring at him when he grins at him. His face, in general, annoys him along with his personality. It reminds him of his class all put into one body—he can handle them individually but put together it's fucking annoying. "It's not a bad thing, I get to try and help people before something bad happens, but even I can't stop death. Sometimes I change the way the person dies, but other times I can help keep them from dying. I guess, in its own way, it's a gift. Just, difficult."

  They follow his glare and see nothing. "What's wrong?"

  "Some annoying bug won't leave me alone." Izuku sighs and lays on the bed, staring up at the ceiling. The silence is deafening. No one says anything and Midoriya is running through everything he had said. He doesn't remember saying something crucial. Something that he believes may be important to his teacher. He sighs again, covering his eyes. "Did I tell you that my eyes can never get hurt? No matter what happens, they heal on their own. If they're attacked, a purple mist comes from them and shows the attacker horrifying images that can drive them insane. It's a good thing that I blacked out when Bakugou hurt me, it means that the mist didn't get out and harm his mental stability." He turns to look at Aizawa with those big, round, green eyes. "What's your opinion on the whole matter? How much of that do you believe?

He says nothing, worrying the boy. He can see that it isn't impossible for something like this to be, after all with all the quirks that have been around, something like this doesn't seem to be impossible. It's difficult to wrap his mind around everything, it's difficult to know what to say. He needs time to think about it. He knows that Izuku has trouble trusting people with this, the hesitation and concern that was on his face told him how reluctant he was in wanting to tell him. He was also angry so that tells a lot. He either had been told never to tell anyone or he had been constantly criticized because of it. "You psycho!" That's what Bakugou called Midoriya during the test. Does that mean he has tried telling someone else other than us? Did rumors sprout because of that? "You should get to class. I'll let you know at the end of the day." It hurts to see the crestfallen expression that he desperately tries to hide behind a facade. He thanks them and leaves.

"What do you think? Midoriya seems to be quite interesting."

"That's not all. You've noticed it too, yes?"

"The entire way he acts around people, especially with adults and his peers?"

"Yes. It's concerning." He pushes away his black hair from his face to look at her. "Let's wait and see it out. If it doesn't get any better than I'll step in and try speaking with him. I don't believe that All Might even knows what's going on. That fool is more naive than anyone I've ever met." The underground hero rubs his temple and thanks Recovery Girl for having brought it to his attention, now he can help the teen. He needs to jot things down, make a plan, and keep an eye on Midoriya. He needs to ask around in two weeks see what they've noticed about him.

* * *

The teenager arrives home and the first thing he notices is the folded paper on his kitchen table. Frowning at the sight, he moves forward. The first thing he notices is the blood stains. Warning bells go off in his head. He quickly makes his way over to where his mom keeps latex gloves for when she gets a small cut on her hand and puts them on. He unfolds the paper and reads the message. Magazine clippings.

  Midoriya quickly puts the paper down and grabs his phone. When they pick up, he licks his lips as he stares at the letter. "Yes, I think you should come and see this."

  When Tsukauchi arrives, he sees the paper on the table. The first thing he notices is the red stains on it. He pulls on gloves and reads the message.

  I know who you are. I know what you value the most. I will come back one day. Until then, we'll see each other someday before that day comes. ~Crimson Artist

  They personally targeted Midoriya. Why? Why him? What would they get out of that? "This is the second letter that we've received. So after you two meet, they'll start the murders." Dark eyes close and he leans back with a sigh. "I can't think of anything. This is getting out of hand. Ten months have gone by! Ten months of blood and tears! How sick can someone be?"

"Human nature." That's all Midoriya gets. He sighs and places his head on the table. "Whose blood is that? One of the last victims or maybe a new one. Who knows until a test is run. All you can do is use this as a piece of evidence. This isn't a show, you won't find them in less than two days."

"You're right."

"Detective, they might be a police officer or someone who knows how to get into the station and no one will bat an eyelash." Midoriya drums his fingers on the table. "No one knows I'm helping with this case other than the police and my mom."

That makes sense. The help of this teenager is kept under wraps so no one can target the boy, now that he is a target it means someone is working against them. "And I can't get away with interviewing them. It'll scare them off. Yet, what if we're dealing with a team?"

"So someone who can access records. It's not hard to hack into them, you can always find a hacker online." A pointed look is given. "Sorry. I'm just not sure what one can do. This whole case is frustrating. No evidence. No witnesses. It must be a team. The kidnapper must be a police officer since no one thinks anything bad will happen if they trust them. A friendly face, maybe someone who has helped the victims before."

Tsukauchi nods. "Let's just hope they don't try anything soon."

"Let's hope. I'll see you sometime again. I'll call if anything happens, okay?"

  "Yes, of course. Have a good night, Midoriya."

  "You too. Have a safe trip home, Detective."

  Once the man leaves, Midoriya sighs and stares at the table. How did they get in my house? Do they have a quirk that allows them to do that? Or what? He shakes his head, yawning. It's late, I can find out later. Arriving in his room, he feels a soft breeze hit his face. The window is open. Izuku deeply frowns, grabbing a knife from one of his drawers, he looks through the room. Nothing. The front door slamming brings him out and finds the small chain swinging. He rushes out and finds no one. "Dammit!" They were inside the entire time, the detective and I spoke! How did we not notice?

  He quickly grabs his phone texts Tsukauchi. Someone was here. They listened to our conversation. Be really careful, they know what we know. Act normally at the station, please.

  It isn't a few minutes later that he gets an answer. Are you alright? Did you get a visual?

  No. He pauses for a second. But I believe that the security cameras got at least something. A clue maybe. Tomorrow you can come and check.

  I doubt that they were dumb enough to forget something like that, but it'll be better safe than sorry. Be safe.

* * *

Ever since the letter, he has gotten no contact from Tsukauchi and Midoriya has a feeling that it has to do with the letter. It's probably best to keep him from the investigation. After that message, Tsukauchi made the right choice in keeping him from doing any more. It's boring, but he has to deal with it.

  That morning many students are stopped by the paparazzi—screw them, they're annoying, thinks a few students. Midoriya gets that it's their job and all, but they are annoying as Death itself. They don't get how much damage they can do, but hey, as long as it pays, they'll do anything for a story. He learns this the second when his glasses fall when he bumps into one of them which puts him in a bad mood having to see the constant stream of Corpse Ghouls and Human Ghouls. (A way to tell the difference between humans and Ghouls, the Ghouls have black or purple spider web cracking on their neck or one side of their face. It's helpful.)

  "Hey kid!" one of them yells, trying to get his attention and swiping his glasses. "I'll give them back once you answer a question for us!"

  "Give—get them back for an—an answer?" Midoriya looks up, his eyes wide as he stares at them. He makes himself seem small, innocent and hurt. "Why—why are you so cruel? My eyes are extre-extremely sensitive to light. Thank you, sir, I'm going to have a migraine because of you. And—and I don't even have my medication on me!"

  One reporter punches the guy in the ribs. "Jeez. Do you know how painful migraines can be? Give those back. We're here for answers, not to hurt the kids or lose our jobs, idiot."

  "I—I didn't know!"

  "Well, next time think before you act!"

  Midoriya thanks the woman and takes his glasses back, bidding them a farewell. He meets up with his friends who stare at him. "Keep walking and don't ask, please. Yes, my eyes are sensitive but not to the point I'd get migraines from it."

  "It's fine, Deku. It was rude of that guy to have even done that." Uraraka smiles at him, causing him to think, Why is she so innocent and trusting? I don't deserve her as a friend.

  Upon arriving to class, Izuku remembers something. Is been a week since Aizawa-sensei found out and he hasn't tried speaking to him and he doesn't blame him. Something had come up and he couldn't learn what the teacher thought on the matter. It's nerve-racking not knowing what your own teacher thinks about something you kept a secret for a long time. Now, the teacher comes in and with his monotone voice, he announces, "Today, you will choose class representatives."

  This brings a huge freakout for most of the class, whom all yell, "That's so normal!" It's followed by people who want to be a representative, which leads to an inappropriate comment by the grape behind Midoriya.

  Izuku is stuck in his own thoughts when his phone dings with a text. He looks around and makes sure no one is looking. It's from Tsukauchi but he doesn't open it. He puts it on silent and hides it away. What poor, unfortunate will get that position?

  "We will vote for the representative. That is much easier. Whoever gets the most votes will be suitable to lead." Ah, thank you, Iida. I have a feeling no one will vote for me.

After everyone put their votes in, they look at the results. They turn to the shriek from the representative. "I'm that poor, unfortunate soul?" I knew it. I shouldn't trust my intuition 'cause it sucks.

  "Why would anyone want to fucking vote for shitty Deku?"

  "Gouge out my eyes, please," he mutters, letting his forehead slam against the surface of the desk. Mineta pokes the teenager earning a groan of misery in response from him. "If you want to keep fifty percent of the strength in that hand, I suggest you stop poking me."

  The two representatives stand in front of the class. Vice representative is Yaoyorozu Momo who stares unamused at the greenie who is glaring at the ground, shaking in his shoes. She can't see the emotion in his eyes, which makes it somewhat hard to know what exactly he is feeling. "You all are dead to me." Ah, so he hates this position.

  "How vexing," she murmurs staring at the teen who seems to be so done with the world. Just who would vote for him? He doesn't seem to be a leader type. Maybe in heat of battle, but not like this. He seems to despise being up here.

  Midoriya sighs, pushing his hair back. "I really don't think I'm cut out for this, but whatever, I guess." He shrugs and giving them an unimpressed look while dying on the inside. "We'll do our best in representing this class."

  With that, they head back to their desks.

  Lunch is not something people can just sit through and goof—who is he kidding, he sits with his friends and the three of them are basically goofing off and having fun. They learn more about each other and everything is all well until the alarm sounds. People freak out and start heading out of the cafeteria in panic. Midoriya is having a difficult time trying to get people to calm down. He looks at Iida and then at Uraraka. "Uraraka use your quirk on Iida and Iida! Get to the front and calm them down!"

Iida looks towards Uraraka who is reaching out to the male. Their fingers touch and he floats up—using his quirk to get before them. "Attention! Everything is fine! There is no villain attack. Some paparazzi must've crossed the line and activated the alarm by accident!"

Slowly people stop shoving them around and the two on the ground sigh softly. Midoriya smiles. I can get out of this now! Yes! I have the perfect plan now!

During class, he says, "I have decided to resign from representative and have Iida Tenya take my place. He could do what I could not, and that was to calm everyone down during the panic. Yaoyorozu, are you okay with this?"

"Yes, I'm fine with the decision."

"Good, good," he breathes with a relieved smile. "Iida?"

"I'll gladly accept. Thank you, Midoriya."

"I still want to know who voted for me because they're dead to me."

"Heh, I was one of them."

"You're my friend, Iida, but you're dead to me." They share a smile and Iida chuckles softly. The day is good. Yet, he knows not everything will remain as peaceful as this.

I don't know where I was going with the last part of the story. It happened and I don't know. Yeah! :)  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.9K 891 17
"... Ka.. cchan..?" "Yes.. That's right, De- Izuku.." It was unfamiliar to him. Or was it? He does not recall such name. But he can say it in such e...
83.4K 3.1K 14
A villain must not always be a villain. In this case however, the death of countless people are haunting Izuku Midoriya the number 3 villain in Japan...
22.1K 808 12
"Do you think.... That I could be a hero too? Even... without a quirk?" "Without a quirk? Not happening, kid." All his life Izuku Midoriya...
95.6K 3.4K 33
Izuku Midoriya was bullied and looked upon as a waste of space for the majority of his life. It only got worse when everyone found out that he was qu...