High School Dxd: Dawn of the...

By SwitchBlad

It only took a second, for images of her to fill my mind. The most beautiful thing I've ever seen. The thing... More

Prologue | Beginning of a Fantastic Tale!
Kuoh Valley! First Day at Kuoh Academy!
A Half-Angel Attack?! Distortion in Kuoh Valley!
Vestiges of The Supernatural!, The Asterisk Contact!
Arc 1: Burning Soul! Fount of the Flaming Pheonix!
A Black Silhouette! The Unchained Devil!
Deals With the Dark!, Exploring Akihabara!

The Young But Broken Aristocrat! Visions of a Fallen Mind!

8.7K 116 132
By SwitchBlad

???

What, wh-where am I?

I looked around and saw nothing but black, I started to grow anxious, I wasn't ready to be blind.

I tried to pinch myself, but to no avail, I still saw black.

All of a sudden the black around me begins to crack, and through the spaces between, a kaleidoscope of lavender, pink and purple began to surround me.

It looked like a purple space, it honestly allured me.

"Am I in some sort of dream?" I asked, still looking around the new landscape.

"Wake up." A new voice sounded though the empty space.

I looked around more quickly, frantically trying to find the voice.

"Wake up..."

There it was again, this time, louder.

The sweetness that rang in my ears signalled that it was a woman, and one who can probably sing very well.

"Who are you!?" I asked, my voice echoing across the landscape.

She giggled, ever so faintly. It wasn't the sound of a kids giggle, more like a young woman.

I felt as though I unintentionally fell, now I was dropping towards the dark abyss, as the beautiful colours started to leave my vision.

I continued staring upward, or downward...really couldn't tell if everything was dark again.

I blinked only for a second, but that's all it took for a epically beautiful woman to fill my vision.

I couldn't really scan her 'features' she was wearing a robe that made her look like a classic mage, but not so classical that it didn't reveal a little of her fair alabaster skin.

She chuckled sexily, and gave a slight charming smirk.

"Darling..."

I didn't know at that time, why those words made my heart race.

I halted my breath as my heart beat continued to soar.

Without thinking, I managed to utter out.

"Those eyes...who's are they?" I asked, breathless.

She placed her smooth hands on both my cheeks, and started calling out my name.

"Abslon."

"Abslon."

The Moonshade Manor

"Abslon!!"

I rise abruptly from my bed, panting as I felt my heart beat normally.

After recollecting the scenes that occurred in the dream, I stared at my sweaty hand.

"Wake up! You're gonna be late for school!!" My mother shouted.

"Damn it, wrong time again."

She always does it at the wrong time though. And that...gets me annoyed.

Like every other teenager in the world.

I sank back inside the comfort of my warm bed and covered my head with the cream coloured blanket.

I was on my way back to a blissful sleep.

Only for my mother to come to my room and pour a bucket of ice cold water on my blankets and me.

I quickly shot up from my bed in sheer cold and grabbed both my shoulders, shivering as I gave a cold stare to the woman in front of me.

Figured that's how you'd wake up an orphan. Especially in a house where mattresses and satin blankets are a daily commodity.

"The hell was that for!?" I asked, rather harshly.

The woman folded her arms, bucket still in hand.

"You gotta wake up, you have a busy day today." She replied, rather calm to the situation.

Almost giddy.

"Last time I checked, school doesn't start till tomorrow. And you home-school me." I said, dropping facts at her.

She pouted. "Until now."

This woman right here is my surrogate mother. That's right, 'surrogate'.

Which means she isn't my real mother, I wasn't born into this rich family, so I don't treat their money as though it were my own.

She was one of the most famous and beautiful women in the world.

Seriously, people have a tough time deciding between her and Beyonce. And that's saying something.

As much as she was beautiful, she was also ultimately annoying.

She is a massive perfectionist, and loves to own things that she doesn't have.

In other words, a massive, greedy control freak, and a pain for my father's bottomless wallet.

And she may look like a concerned mother, but she hates my guts. To her absolute core. It's like I'm a stain on her otherwise fabulous life.

Not gonna lie, she's not the first person to hate me as much as she did.

But my body was undergoing a short temperature drop so I was going to save that for later.

"What do you mean, 'Until now?'" I asked abruptly while air-quoting the last two words.

"You're moving out, but relax. It's not like I'm going to leave you in the street." My surrogate mother explains, looking way from my eyes.

You were tempted, but you weren't about to throw your fame into the wind like that.

I removed the wet blankets away from the bed and placed them on the floor, before moving to sit on the edge of my mattress.

"Was the cold water really necessary though?" I asked, stupidly thinking I can reason with the control freaks logic.

She pointed out the window into the 5-o-Clock sky, to see the full moon was still shining rather brightly.

"Last night was a full moon, I don't know if you've gotten too immersed in Twilight or something like that, but you tend to oversleep every time that's in the sky." My surrogate mother explains in a rather cold voice.

"Is that so?" I asked, while I pondered in my mind.

Shaking my head and getting off the bed and moving to my wardrobe, I took out a change of clothes, consisting of a plain blue t-shirt and pants.

Looking away for a brief moment, she was tapping calmly on the phone she was carrying.

Fastening a belt on to my waist, I looked back at her. "Okay, you said I'm moving out. Where to?" I asked, turning my full body towards her.

"Kuoh Valley in Japan." She started, making a final swipe on her phone and placing it in my hands. Showing a picture of the city on Google Earth.

"From there you'll attend Kuoh Academy and continue with your studies. I've purchased a Manor there to ensure your lodging."

"There is about 24 bedrooms equivalent to the bathrooms, a massive garden, an Olympic sized swimming pool, a massive modern kitchen, 34 guest bedrooms, an indoor swimming pool, a basement level, and a underground parking lot that houses all of your cars." She said, swiping along the phone.

"I've already enrolled you in Kuoh Academy and you start the next day. Your uniform and every thing else you need is over there." She explained, clearly not noticing the shock on my face.

She stared at me, her own reaction, impassive.

After a few minutes, she began to walk through the door, suddenly stopping and holding the door on it's hinges, she turned towards me.

"By the way, you have a flight scheduled for the next hour and a half. So you'd best get ready." She said, walking through the door.

Leaving me staring at the door in pregnant silence.

New York International Airport.

In time, I eventually packed all my stuff, we reached the airport where the private plane had been prepared.

As I stood before the plane with a black suitcase in hand. Looking at my parents for one last time before I leave.

Even as I stood before them, I had no idea of what to say to them. Our relationship has been nothing but an enigma ever since I came from the church.

At times they would feel like my birth parents, when I really enjoy their company.

But at times, I could help but feel the heat of their astringent gaze upon me.

Almost like I was a monster.

The hoarse voice of the plane pilot broke me from my mental debate.

"Mr Moonshade. The plane is filled and ready for takeoff." The pilot said, simultaneously taking my bags towards the plane.

I looked back at my parents, that gave me the same happy smile they always give.

I always hated that smile.

It tended to remind me how I wasn't theirs, but rather their replacement for their late daughter.

My surrogate father awkwardly placed his hand on the back of his neck.

"Well kiddo. This is it."

My mother walked closer and took my hand in hers.

"The start of your new life. Far away from the past." Mother added, tilting her head and giving a warm smile.

"Far away from you, that's what you meant." I couldn't help but think.

"Are you sure that you guys will be okay? Cause I know you need me for a lot of things. If you guys need me, you have me on speed dial." I said, showing her my phone and acting as though I care.

My surrogate mother gave me a tender hug, simultaneously giving my back light strokes.

"Well it's nice of you to worry about us even in departure. But try to focus on your studies." Mother said, her voice ringing inside my ear.

I started walking towards the inside of the jet, my hand grabbing the door frame.

Before I entered the private jet, I awkwardly waved back at them.

"Good bye!" I shouted out before I stepped in.

"Good by--" The plane door closed before they could finish.

I immediately took my seat next to the window and opened up a book. Notice, by K.Webster.

Before I could turn to the first page the pilot called out to me.

"Mr Moonshade." The pilot said abruptly turning to meet me. "Just Abslon is fine." I replied genuinely to the pilot.

"Where would you like to go?" He asked, professionally.

"For now you can fly to Japan International Airport, someone will come and take me to Kuoh by car." I answered the pilot.

"Alright, as you've stated. I have the co-ordinates of Japan International Airport." The pilot stated as he started typing on the planes HUD.

"We should be there in about four hours. Is that okay, Abslon?" The pilot asked, abruptly.

I nodded, not really minding the time we'll spend in the air.

"That's fine, thanks for always doing such a good job."

The pilot held his cap and slightly nodded. "Much appreciated, Abslon."

I smiled at the gentleness of this pilot. "My pleasure." I stated.

Four hours later, it was late in the night when I reached the Airport. And as expected, one of her Butlers came to take me to my new home.

I sat in the black limousine engulfed in utter silence, exciting thoughts about the new house surrounding my brain.

New country, new home, new experiences. Perhaps, things will be different this time.

Before things could escalate, my creative thoughts were quickly shot down by cold, hard logic.

Doesn't matter, a ruined church is still a ruined church. Regardless of surrogate parents or old devilish nuns.

Still, I could not help but wonder how did the manor look like.

Abslon's Manor

I arrived at Kuoh Valley in the early evening, more like six-o-clockish. When the full moon was barely in high tide.

As I continued to look up at the colossal manor that stretched towards the clouds I could not unease the surprise in my heart.

Looks like the Moonshade Manor, the hell was I saying...

"Holy shit." I said quietly.

I honestly thought that mother was joking when she said all that stuff about the place I'll be staying.

It was even bigger than the Moonshade Manor.

I honestly felt overwhelmed at the amount of money my mother displayed.

I continued to stare at the ever-massive Manor in front of me, as I could hear the limo making way to one of the garages.

"She really needs to stop spending more money on a child that's not even their's."

"It isn't making me feel special."

I walked into the manor and the first thing I was greeted by was the sight of over fifty maids bowing simultaneously.

"Good evening, Master!" They all chanted with glee.

I awkwardly waved my hand at mass while I sweatdropped. I wasn't used to this kind of treatment.

I walked upstairs towards my new bedroom, probably on the forth floor.

As I entered my bedroom, it was extravagant. Almost like I was a prince of some kind of Empire.

It honestly made me broody, it wasn't my style. As I looked at the birch wood table nearby, I saw a envelope on the new laptop she bought for me.

I opened it and read the contents within, it was short and brief.

But goddamn did it annoy me.

"Dear Abslon.

I assume you've made it to Kuoh by now, this is just a letter that I wrote to tell you the things I didn't get a chance to in the Moonshade Manor.

You need to be at the Kuoh Academy gate by 08:00. Obviously wearing the uniform attached to the letter.

Always strive for academic excellence, as much as I love you, you're part of the Moonshade family. We're not just known for our great singing.

I have no qualms about you finding love, or banging a woman. Just don't fall for the bad ones and the ones with low stature.

I know you have not been a very social person over these past 11 years, but at least try to join a club and do something in the afternoon rather than sit in your bed playing videogames.

P.S. Whenever you get the chance try to chat with us from time to time okay.

With Love
Mother"

There were many things wrong with that letter, and many reasons why I wanted to burn it.

Even overseas, she wants me to represent her 'noble' family.

Friggin bullshit.

"Firstly. As much as I love you too, I love being away from you more."

"Secondly, even if I fall for a prostitute, would you even know? You're on the other side of the world right now."

"And I sure won't tell you, hell. You wouldn't even care."

"And finally, I'm a sixteen year old teen on the other side of the globe, with maids, cars and a crap ton of cash."

"What else would you want me to do?!" I thought ferociously, gripping the letter tightly.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts, I had a long day tomorrow, and I had no time to argue mentally with a foolish lady overseas.

I needed to sleep, stat.

As I jumped towards the bed, I dozed off as soon as my head hit the pillow.

~~~

The light of your heart always surges around you.

Powerful emotions light up your path.

But you seek the fire of darkness.

And like others, it will eventually consume you.

I opened my eyes, the same less-radiant rays of twilight shone upon my skin, the gravel that sat on my face.

The tightness of my skin, I fell down, again to the caretakers mercy.

He looked over me, giving me that astringent stare. Spitting on me as though I were a useless corpse.

I started to cry, physical and emotional pain overwhelming me.

He hits me again.

"Don't cry as though we give a damn, vermin." The Caretaker scowled, harshly.

He walked away, not before chaining me to the grey wall of the dirty basement. My wounds from the constant beatings he gave me have become seriously infected.

I feared that it might be septicemia and at the same time, I didn't care.

I thought I would've died three days ago, I was glad I didn't two days ago.

But now, ever since yesterday I've been wishing for death.

One would know when you've reached your breaking point, that you begin to believe that staying alive in this world is, in a nutshell, punishment itself.

It didn't help that the Moonshade family adopted me, I've just been transferred to a bigger, better, more laid-back kind of orphanage.

This one had everything, cars, planes, boats, bikes. Even bonafide-maids and butlers. You name it.

I'll be honest, it sounded like a nice place at first.

However, that was before I noticed that it became my beautiful prison of solitude.

Kuoh Valley Fountain (Night)

I found myself waking up outside of my house gate.

Surprisingly I was still on my feet, and it seemed as though I was walking towards the desolate town.

I sighed, it'd be a problem if someone saw me like this.

"Damn, really need to get this sleepwalking under control." I said, running a hand through my silver hair in frustration.

My palm lightly grazed my eyes, I noticed something cold dripped onto them, it was wet, and I was sure that the sprinklers weren't on yet.

Worthless cur!!

No, stop...

I wish you can die!!

Don't cry like you're actually
Human!

Please...

Demon!!

Purge him!!

I'm begging you... I'm not...

Go back where you belong
You vile DEMON!!

PLEASE, DON'T DO IT!!!

Destroy him! Feed him
to the dogs!!

NO! STOP!!!

YEEAH!!

AAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!

I felt myself being Shaked violently as the visions flashed through my head.

"Young Master!!" A hoarse voice called to me.

I opened my eyes, my heart continuously racing, as I looked behind to see my head Butler's hand on my shoulder, my heart gradually calmed down.

"Wilfred." I called out my Butler's name, panting.

Wilfred looked at me in concern. "Young Master, are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded ever so slightly, "Yes I am, thanks for the concern, Wilfred." I lied.

Wilfred, one of the only people in this world who truly cared for my well-being, was a old man in which I always respected.

May death eventually be kind to his extinguished soul, I always pray.

"But, I don't think God can make any promises. That's for damn sure."

I looked at Wilfred, the man I always trusted. And told him straight.

"I'm going for a walk, just to cool my brain. I've been through a lot." I said timidly as I opened my Gate.

Wilfred just nodded as he closed it politely for me. "Be safe, Young Master." He said, ever so politely.

I could only give him a reassuring nod. As I disappeared into the night.

Kuoh Valley Fountain (Night)

My manor resided at the apex of the valley, my surrogate mother of course wanted me to live like an aristocrat, even in another country.

It took me quite a while to walk to a fountain, heck, I couldn't even pay attention.

The painful visions of that hellish orphanage still flashed through my mind.

I couldn't believe someone would treat a normal human being like that. Much less myself.

I sat at the stony rim of the fountain, letting my head drop and my fingers go limp. I couldn't tell, but the sound of the flowing water brought about a peace in which I could never discover behind closed doors.

I looked down at my hands, and just then an image flashed in my mind.

... Smoke in the air, debris scattered across the fields.

Dry blood amongst the now red Spider Lillie's...

And my hands, etched in the same stain of crimson which dirtied the vibrant snow.

...I-I didn't mean to do it...

"You Inhuman Bastard!"

I...I'm so...Sor--

"JUST GO! GET AWAY FROM ME
YOU FREAK!!!"

Please...Emi--

"IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN YOU!
YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN KILLED
YOU MONSTER!!!"

Why...why would you
Say that...?

You are a mistake.

N-No, I'm...

You, demon spawn!!

...

Why?

Why is it only me, who gets hurt?

I only wanted a place to go...

A place where I can belong...

A place where I can be human, not a monster...

I did not ask for it...

I did not ask for this power.

But because of it...

I, alone. Stand at the brunt of the world's hatred.

My mind quickly snapped out of that broody thought, and averted my eyes to my west side.

Small quiet footsteps were approaching...

I wondered who else would walk around like this at night.

Because unlike others, I actually have a death wish.

The footsteps grew ever louder, I was internally deciding whether to head on home or to stay and see who it was.

In the end, I decided to stay.

The footsteps stopped short of my vision, but only for a moment. As if the intruder was alarmed or surprised.

Regardless, whoever it was, decided to come closer.

Me, still foolishly staring at the floor decided to size up whoever was beside me.

To my surprise it was a girl, a surprisingly beautiful one if I so admit.

However, many of her features seemed alarming to me.

Like how her hair reminded me of blood or how her strangely serene blue eyes seemed demonic.

"Like those caretakers...

Stare...

We were like that for a while, and I just couldn't take it any more.

"So? Are you going to introduce yourself or not?" I asked abruptly, breaking the ice between us.

I mean, my mind may be fucked up, but that doesn't mean that I do well with being stared at.

The girl looked taken aback by my sudden but brazen dialogue.

I sighed.

Way to make a first impression, me!

"I'm sorry, I get a little on edge when I'm being stared at." I abruptly apologize.

She looked taken aback by that too. "No need to apologize, I also realised how rude is it to stare." She replied, offering a short smile.

...she talks like her...like 'mother' dearest.

Yeah, so I was a bit skeptical and a bit taken aback by her siren like voice.

Does she sing? I bet that she does...

I mentally slap myself.

Damn it Abslon, focus on first introduction!!

She just states at me, eyes full of hidden interest. "You are Abslon Moonshade, right?" She asked, curiously.

I looked up at her in surprise.

"How do you know?" I asked, equally as curious, my eyes rapidly scanning for any devious motives.

"Your mother enrolled you to Kuoh Academy, my father is the founder." The Crimson Hair replied, abruptly.

I narrowed my eyes.

I never pegged her for an aristocrat, but she seemed like a important figure.

Did those two know her from somewhere?

While in thought, she walked a little bit closer and sat beside me in on the rim of the Fountain.

She tilted her head only a little bit so she can get a better glimpse of my face.

"I'm Rias Gremory, sorry for the late introduction." The girl, Rias, greeted abruptly.

I sighed, my breathing getting a bit tence.

Rias looked at me, and furrowed her eyebrows. "Why are you out here in the middle of the night?" She asked curiously.

'I should ask you the same question.'

"Just admiring the the stars." I lied almost abruptly.

Rias instantly knew and tried to catch me out on my lie.

"Admiring the stars while looking at the floor? Cute lie, but it won't work." Rias teased while keeping a friendly tone.

I remained silent, realising I was caught.

She giggled.

"So, are you going to tell me what's on your mind or not?" Rias asked, almost teasingly.

I sighed.

I'm in for a real treat if she's in my class tomorrow.

"I'll tell you one day, when we're closer." I said, obviously trying my hardest to end the convo.

"That implying that we're going to meet again?" Rias asked, her voice sounding shocked.

I looked up at her, and stared into those blue orbs of hers.

"I mean, we are going to the same school together, with you being the founder's daughter. And I'm going to try to make this night walking a regular thing." I explained jokingly to Rias.

I could almost feel Rias smile ear to ear, then hold out her hand towards me.

"Borrow me your phone for a second." Rias asked, amusingly.

I sighed as I dug in my pocket and took out my phone, placing it on her soft hand.

"There's no porn there, if that's what you're looking for." I warned her, almost abruptly.

Her expression told me that she was surprised, but not disgusted.

"I never thought you had any in the first place." Rias said, while freely tapping away on my phone.

Almost five minutes later she gave me back my phone.

"Call me in the morning so I may show you to the school, okay?" Rias asked while tiling her head and walking away.

"Sure." I said, scrolling through my contact list.

When I reached the newest contact, I was honestly surprised by what I saw.

"Wait, Rias." I said, stopping her at her tracks.

I stood up from the fountain's rim and faced her.

She turned her head towards me, and shook my heart with her sinister gaze.

"That's the first time you called me by name, Abslon. What's wrong?" Rias asked, slightly smiling.

I my heart continuously beat against my chest. It was honestly a terrifying feeling.

I even found it hard to form basic words.

My suspicions of Rias were flareing, something about her, to me...

...didn't feel human.

"Tell me one thing." I said, a drop of sweat running down my anxious face.

"Uh-huh." Rias hummed, giving me the green light to ask the question.

"Why'd you put your name as Little Devil?" I asked, my chest tightening at every turn.

She turned her whole body to face me, and put her phone up to her mouth, covering it as she smirked.

"Well..."

The wind suddenly gusted against me, my clothes and hers flailing in the vicious wind.

Behind Rias, I saw something that made my heart stop.

Hey...is the moon supposed to be red?

That's what I saw, a blood red moon as red as Rias hair.

My eyes continue to widen, there was something going on in this town.

Something I shouldn't the involve myself in, but just did.

She giggled at the precise time I finished my thought.

"...I'll tell you one day, when we are closer." Rias said, as she disappeared into the night.

Leaving me to tend to the anxiety of having to face something that terrified me.

It was a long time since I've ever seen scared like that, she terrified me but intrigued me.

I wondered if this was God's way of testing me, if she was my salvation.

...or my next punishment.

Regardless, I chose to keep on getting to know Rias.

Cause at the end of the day, what could go wrong?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 1K 33
This is a mix of different animes that have smut in them
53.2K 2.5K 17
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !
234K 7.5K 167
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...
108K 2.8K 36
wander ; verb to move about without a fixed course , aim or goal . " im just living.." - r'monei