The Four Kingdoms {BTS X Read...

By TaeTae_lyfe

There's a fire in her. If loved correctly, she will warm your entire home. If abused, she will burn it to ash... More

Chapter 1: Lost
Chapter 2: Wisdom
Chapter 3: Magic
Chapter 4: Change
Chapter 5: Travel
Chapter 6: History
Chapter 7: Wander
Chapter 8: Adventure
Chapter 9: Monsters
Chapter 10: Stars
Chapter 11: Paths
Chapter 12: Anger
Chapter 13: Pride
Chapter 14: Hope
Chapter 15: Jealousy
Chapter 17: Nights
Chapter 18: Doubt
Chapter 19: Betrayal
Chapter 20: Heartbreak
Chapter 21: Fathers
Chapter 22: Escape
Chapter 23: Tunnels
Chapter 24: Loss
Chapter 25: Death
Chapter 26: Tears
Chapter 27: Cold
Chapter 28: Life
Chapter 29: Ghosts
Chapter 30: Walls
Chapter 31: Locks
Chapter 32: Riders
Q&A
Chapter 33: Deserve
Chapter 34: Love
Chapter 35: Dragons
Chapter 36: Dragons II
Chapter 37: Brothers
Chapter 38: Rings
Chapter 39: Proposals
Chapter 40: Kings
Chapter 41: Potions
Chapter 42: Potions II
Chapter 43: Caves
Chapter 44: Endings
Chapter 45: Beginnings
Pyramids
Conclusion
Character Q&A

Chapter 16: Choice

32.7K 2.2K 1.3K
By TaeTae_lyfe

"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become."
                         -Anonymous

Your cheeks were red as your blue eyes met Namjoon's golden gaze from over the fire, a small, dimpled smile gracing his features.

You quickly moved your eyes away from the sorcerer, your heart beating loudly in your ears.

Your mind suddenly flashed back to the kiss.

His warm lips that danced softly across your own, his tight embrace that held you so close to his body. The way your heart beat in your chest when he kissed your palm and called you beautiful.

Did you have feelings for Namjoon?

"Lady y/n?"

The soft voice pulled you out of your daze. You blinked your blue eyes as a hand waved infront of your face.

"Oh. What?" You asked as you came back to reality. "What were you saying?"

Taehyung eyed you curiously, his lavender gaze trailing over your face, watching as your blue eyes drifted over to Namjoon's form once again.

You'd been staring at him all night.

Taehyung clenched his fist and sighed at your question.

"We were discussing our timespan of travel." He stated.

You nodded glancing around to all of the men that were congregated by the fire. The sky was beginning to grow dark, deep shades of purples and pinks were swirled together with orange, and a few stars had come out to decorate the sky.

Fireflies were beginning to glow, lighting up the shaded campsite.

"Okay. Carry on." You said, resting your chin in your hand in boredom.

Taehyung rolled his eyes at your childish behavior, clearing his throat before looking at the rest of the men.

"As I was saying; If we were to head out by first light tomorrow, we could reach Pamelia by early evening." He said.

Yoongi scoffed from his resting place against the tree.

"Why does every adventure have to start so early in the morning? Can't we just wait until everyone is awoken?" He asked.

Yoongi was panicking.

He had been so focused on his injuries and protecting you that he had forgotten about the letter sent to his father.

Surely by now the Dragon Kingdom's army has taken over the small trading town, and Yoongi's father was there waiting for him to arrive with you.

So he could kill you.

Yoongi's heart began to beat harshly against his rib cage.

At the beginning of this journey you were nothing more to him than a pawn in his game, a loose end that needed tying up.

But now,

Yoongi swallowed harshly as his tangerine gaze trailed over to your sitting form. Your face lit up by the fire's light.

You were no longer expendable.

Jimin sent a glare to the raven haired prince.

"Have you forgotten that the Great Barrier is down? If we wait in the same spot too long then we risk the chance of those monsters finding y/n." Jimin said dryly. "Besides, we wouldn't have to wake so early had you not been shot. Your injury will slow us down substantially. If we are to make it to Pamelia before night fall tomorrow we must wake at day light." The silver haired prince scolded.

Yoongi frowned and mumbled something under his breath that no one could quite understand.

"Cut him a break Jimin," You started from where you sat, suddenly feeling defensive of the prince. "If he didn't take the arrow, I probably would've been killed, so don't be so harsh."

Jimin's eyes widened at your words.

You were defending Yoongi.

No matter how nonchalant your words sounded you were, in fact, taking the side of the raven haired prince. This made Jimin feel a large amount of discomfort and unease.

Jimin only nodded at your words, still in shock.

"How far away is the Dark Forest from Pamelia?" You asked, turning to face Taehyung.

The elvish king blinked in awe.

Why were you suddenly defending Yoongi?

"About two days ride." Nathaniel suddenly spoke up. "If all goes well, you will be home within three days time."

Oh.

That's right.

You had forgotten.

You still needed to get home.

Silence fell on everyone.

The only sounding being the roaring of the fire.

Everyone's mind was focused on one thing.

You were leaving.

Everyone's spirit seemed to dampen.

Including yours.

You didn't understand it.

This is what you wanted. You should've been jumping with joy and oozing with happiness, but you weren't.

In fact you felt terrible.

You had never once stopped to consider the fact that you would have to leave all of these men behind. That you couldn't take them with you.

That you would never see them again.

The image of your mothers sickly body flashed across your mind.

You suddenly felt sick, your stomach sloshing uncomfortably in your body. You felt like throwing up.

You didn't want to leave.

But you needed to.

"Jungkook." You called, catching the prince's attention. "Walk with me."

Jungkook only nodded, standing to his feet and following you away from the others and into the tree line.

His heart was aching.

You were his friend. You were his only friend. You were the only one that didn't look at him and see a prince, you just saw Jungkook.

How was he supposed to be happy if you were going to leave?

He didn't want you to leave.

He wanted you to stay here.

With him.

Jungkook was so wrapped in his thoughts that he didn't notice you stop and he walked into you, his chest lightly bumping your back.

The contact pulled Jungkook from his hazy mind and he watched as you turned to face him, a sad smile playing on your lips.

Jungkook immediately missed the warmth that your body projected, his figure now being attacked by the cold evening air.

You were silent for a while.

"Sorry, I dragged you away from the warm fire." You started quietly. "I just needed some space and well my small knife won't protect me if any monsters were to come for me." You chuckled out.

Jungkook noticed the sadness in your voice.
It was obvious that you were avoiding the subject you so desperately needed to speak about.

He knew what you really wanted to say.

Because he really wanted to say it to.

"You don't have to leave."

Your eyes snapped wide open at Jungkooks soft, breathy voice, unexpected tears forming in your eyes.

You moved your gaze to look at the ground, nodding your head.

"I do." You sniffed.

Jungkook frowned at your response his body moving closer to yours.

"Why?" He asked. "Why do you have to leave us? Why do you have to leave me?"

His words were making you shake.

Ever since the first night You and Jungkook had become the closest among the group. You both talked for hours that night, laughing, sharing stories of adventure, sadness and hopes. Jungkook confided in you about his insecurities. How he was always treated as second best to Jin and Jimin. How his father never paid him any mind, or treated him with the respect and love he has towards his older sons.

And you told Jungkook about your mother. You told him why you wanted to go home and tell her you love her one last time, before she-

Before she dies.

More tears sprang to your eyes. Jungkook was your best friend.

And you didn't want to leave him.

"You know why Jungkook." You stated softly. "I have to see her."

Tears threatened to fall from the prince's eyes as he watched your shoulders shake from silent sobs. You words piercing his chest.

He knew about your mother.

He knew about her illness.

And maybe it was selfish of him, but even after knowing all those things, Jungkook still didn't want you to leave.

He wanted you to stay.

He needed you to stay.

"Y/n," He breathed, stepping closer to you.

Your blue eyes moved up to meet his tears golden ones.

"I want you to stay."

You smiled sadly at him, moving your arms to wrap around his waist, bringing your body into full contact with his.

Jungkook wasn't shocked by your actions.

If he were in your position he would need a hug too.

Jungkook relaxed into your grip, petting your soft (h/c) hair with his right hand while the other moved to return your embrace.

Tears streamed down the prince's cheeks because he knew,

He knew what this embrace meant.

He knew that this was your decision.

"I need to see her." You choked out, moving your face away from his chest to look at him in the eyes. "I need to see her one more time."

Jungkook bit his lip in frustration, his heart wrenching at the sight of your tear stained cheeks.

"Please don't leave." He begged silently. "I need you."

You placed your hand on his cheek and wiped a few stray tears away, planting a sweet peck onto the soft skin.

Jungkook closed his eyes at the feeling of your soft lips on his flushed skin. He would have been jumping for joy if the circumstances were different.

But they weren't.

You pulled away, too quickly for Jungkook's liking. He wanted to scream and throw a fit. He wanted to fall into his knees and beg you to stay until you agreed. He wanted to reach out and pull you back into his arms and never let you go until you agreed to stay.

But Jungkook remained still, his eyes still closed as hot tears began to stream from his cheeks. His fist clenching into balls as he felt your warmth leave from him.

"I'm sorry."

Jungkook could only nod at your words, the heavy feeling of pain, weighing down on his chest so hard that he couldn't speak.

He wished he could hate you, but he understood you.

If he had the chance to see his mother one last time-

Jungkook's golden eyes fluttered open in time to watch you turn and walk back towards the fire pit, a sad smile on your features.

Jungkook bit back his sobs. His chest tightening as he watched you move away from him.

It wasn't fair.

All his life, he was treated like he meant nothing, like he didn't matter. Jimin and Jin were the prodigal sons.

Jin the eldest

Jimin the heir.

Jungkook.

Just Jungkook.

Jungkook clenched his fist tighter, fighting the urge to run and embrace you.

Jimin and Jin always had whatever they wanted.

Happiness was always at the end of their fingertips.

Jungkook was never given anything on a silver platter. He had to prove himself for it. He had to work like a dog just to gain any sort of recognition from his cold father.

He never thought he mattered.

Until he met you.

You were the only source of happiness Jungkook had.

And now he was going to loose you too.

"Brother."

Jungkook's head shot up, his red rimmed eyes moving to find the source of his elder brothers soft voice.

Jimin stood infront of him, worry evident on his features as he took in the younger's crying state. Jimin's hand reached out to wipe away the bitter tears that were streaming down Jungkook's face.

Jungkook swatted his brothers hand away, earning a confused look from Jimin.

"What-"

"I've never had one thing." Jungkook stayed angrily. "Not one thing that made me happy."

Jimin's golden eyes were wide as he watched his brother begin to fume.

"I was always treated as your inferior," Jungkook began again. "Like I didn't matter as much as you did." Jungkook's eyes met Jimin's. "But I do."

The silver haired prince was at a loss for words at Jungkook's aggressive behavior. Tears were freely streaming down Jungkook's cheeks.

"When we were younger, you always wanted to play with my toys. Even though you had your own, even though you knew those were the only ones father would give me, you still wanted them and when I denied you father would always come to your aid and scold me, telling me I was selfish. In the end, you would always get my toys and I would always have nothing." Jungkook sniffled. "But I didn't mind, I never did, because you and Jin were my brothers and I felt like you were the only ones I had."

"I've watched my whole life as you and Jin received things that were rightfully mine. As you both took away things that made me happy, I've always watched happily." Jungkook's eyes darkened.

"But not anymore." He growled.

"I won't allow either of you to have her. I don't care if I have to renounce my title. I don't care if I am placed in prison or even killed. I will not ever allow you to take the only of happiness I have."

Jimin's golden eyes were wide as he listened to his brothers harsh words.

"I won't allow it."

A/N,
I cried while writing this and IDK why I know that the reader still has three days,  but come on!😭😭 oh and I strongly suggest you listen to the music while reading this chapter. It makes it even better.

Which chapter is your favorite so far?
Comment/Message me the title and reason that it's your favorite!❤️

-Max.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.5K 2.1K 21
•|MYG×Reader|• [COMPLETED] "Don't fear the flames, become the fire" - R.Solo Published: 06/02/21 Chapter count: 18 Word count: 50,000+
5.2K 447 36
|| Don't cry when the clouds crying because of me. Thank you for always being by my side and be a good pal of mine. I wish you were you mine, but I c...
1M 65.8K 64
"You're naked." He nods. "And you came from the sky." He nods. BTS Jimin x Reader He fell from the sky. Now he's your responsibility. Completed. 201...
60K 3.4K 15
Your husband of two years doesn't treat you right anymore, leaving the chance for Jin to fix you. Embrace yourself series : Book 1 - plump || j-hope...