Curious and Infatuated // Con...

Od rhythmicalsins

{ infatuated: to inspire or posses with a foolish or unreasoning passion, as of love } Detective Anna Jane ge... Více

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30 - FINAL CHAPTER!

10

1.5K 34 0
Od rhythmicalsins

"Lieutenant Jane, glad you're back we found some new leads," An officer says to me.

"Okay hit me with it," I say smiling.

"Okay so the AX350 is still in this apartment somewhere, the victim was shot, the letter was the last thing he wrote, his name is Jason Richards, he had a daughter Adriana, who we would like to find and interview," The officer says.

At the last sentence Hank and I look at each other.

"Uh I know Adriana," Hank says softly.

"You do? Great! Can you contact her?" The officer says.

"I'm Adriana actually," I says quickly, arms crossing in front of my chest as I stare at the ground.

"Oh, ma'am, I'm so sorry," The officer says.

"No it's fine," I say.

"If you say so, but do you wish to continue?" The officer asks.

"Yes I do, I would most definitely like to continue, if you need any information on my father I can give you as much as I know," I say.

The officer smiles and continues to inform me about the case.

After I get informed I walk to Connor.

"Any leads?" I ask.

"Yeah this Adriana, she seemed to be close to The Victim," Connor says looking at the mess of a kitchen.

"Yeah she did, I think she was his daughter," I say giving my input.

Connor is leaning down over a pile of blood, one knee on the ground, the other he is leaning on with one arm as he looks up at me over his shoulder.

"Did you read the letter?" Connor asks me.

"Yes I did, it's heartbreaking, that's why I left actually," I say softly.

Connor stands up and turns to face me, he slowly approaches me.

"Are you okay?" Connor asks me. "My sensors read that you are nervous and really sad."

"Nah, I'm fine, it's just a lot to take in, that's all, especially after being off work for two weeks," I say.

BANG!

Connor and I look at each other, our eyes widening.

"DEVIANT!" We both yell.

Connor runs in the direction of the noise as I try to run to follow him. Considering I can't really run I'm doing my best to get the hang of it.

I reach Connor and see him confused.

"Where'd it go?" I ask.

"I... don't.. know?" Connor says looking around and spotting an open window.

I walk over to the open window and see the Deviant Android running down the street.

"Alexandra..." I whisper.

Connor is now right behind me looking down at the running deviant as well.

"Alexandra?" Connor asks me.

"Yeah that's what Jason called it, he said it in the letter," I say quietly as I turn to Connor.

Connor is staring into my eyes, analysing the heartbreak that lurks within them.

"Anna? Is there something you aren't telling me?" Connor asks me, he softly places a hand on my forearm.

I look back out the window, avoiding the Android's gaze.

"Anna..."

Connor is still staring at me while I remain silent.

"I'll ask Hank..."

I breathe in harshly and turn to face Connor, tears pricking my eyes.

"I just feel sad for Adriana, she doesn't know she's lost her father, that hurts," I say as I walk away to Hank who is watching officers carry Jason's body away.

I stand next to Hank as I watch my father get carried to the morgue.

"You doing alright?" Hank asks me quietly, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Not really, Connor asked me what was wrong, I couldn't bring myself to tell him," I reply in a whisper knowing very well Connor is in the room.

"You need to tell him..."

"I know."

I walk away from Hank and to the car where I sit on the bonnet, waiting for the boys to return.

•••••••••

It's been several days since our newest case, we've been back and forth between the crime scene and the precinct trying to put pieces together as to why the murder happened.

I'm laughing and smiling again, Alexander is on his last day of care duty, I've perfected the ability to run at full speed again and no one knows about my father yet.

I had to tell Alexander immediately and he didn't take it well, he cried for hours but so did I. I told him that I will get to the bottom of what happened and I will get revenge, at least to the extent that I will be able to.

"Anna, you ready to go back again?" Hank asks me.

I sigh softly.

"Guess so, what more is there to analyse there?" I snap.

I'm sleep deprived and I'm done with everything.

"One more thing, we are so close, there's one more piece of evidence, please Anna," Hank pleads.

"Hank, I can't anymore, it's taking a toll on me," I say.

"It's taking a toll on all of us," Hank says calmly.

"I know but- you know how it is, you know what happened Hank," I reply quietly cautiously looking at Connor who is listening in.

"I do know what happened."

I glare at Hank.

"You know how hard this case is for me then," I say.

"Look it's not always about you Anna! Other people are struggling and are having their own problems so either you deal with it and come with me for one more piece of evidence OR you give in the case!" Hank shouts.

I flinch, leaning back in my chair, trying to make myself as little as possible.

"Hank, look, I'm not giving in this case, I know everyone else is struggling but I haven't slept in four days, neither have you! You know this!" I retaliate.

"I don't fucking care ADRIANA!" Hank shouts slamming his hand on the desk.

Connor's eyes dart straight to me and I make eye contact before looking away quickly.

"Anna..." Connor says in shock.

"Oh so she's the slut who's daddy died," Clarity says.

"CLARITY SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ILL PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE!" I snap.

Clarity backs away to her brother and silently sits back down.

"Anna, come with me now!" Hank says looking around the office to see everyone staring at us.

"No! I'm going home to get some fucking sleep! Take Connor with you if you must!" I shout, grabbing my jacket and heading for the door with Alexander following me shortly.

Hank grabs my arm.

"You need to be interviewed Anna..." Hank says softly.

"I. Don't. Care."

I rip my arm from Hank's grip and storm off.

Alexander follows and I hear Connor chasing after us.

"Anna, Xander, please wait!" Connor begs.

"Why should I Connor?! My life has been ruined!" I shout turning around to face the Android.

"I'll come with you, without Hank if you want," Connor says.

"To the crime scene?"

Connor nods slowly.

"Connor I'd take that offer up in an instant, you know this, but I need sleep," I say touching Connor's arm softly.

"It doesn't have to be long, we can go and get out as fast as possible, it will be done in under 3 hours, just please, we need to wrap this case up," Connor says softly.

"Fine, get in and let's go before Hank gets even more annoyed," I say motioning to the car.

Alexander drives us to the city apartment and stays in the car while he waits for us.

Connor and I enter the apartment, it's getting cleaner by the day which is good.

"Lieutenant Jane, glad you came, we have a final clue to the deviancy of the AX350," an officer greets

I nod and follow the officer as they take me my fathers old room and I see something I wish I didn't need to see.

"What. The. Fuck," I whisper.

I feel a hand on my shoulder as I stare at the objects in the room before me and want everything of my father's to be burned.

~~~~~~~~
A/N

Chose your worst nightmare as what is in that room.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

255K 8.8K 23
*Follows the storyline of Detroit: Become Human* You've been working at Detroit City Police Department for a few years, being in the police force had...
3K 42 33
(A Detroit: Become Human Fanfic) Living within an era filled with advanced technology, Julie Smith continues to live the day with a smile on her face...
43 6 6
Connor (Detroit: Become Human) x Original Female Character At long last, the android revolution has succeeded, setting thousands of deviants free, an...
81.7K 1.8K 11
A new young cop joins Detroit's best police department. He is assigned a partner, but unfortunately he is given an android as his partner. (Y/N) does...