Battle Royale Survival - FF (...

By ForeverMusic66

Life is a game, that’s what they tell us. The adult’s that is. They blame us for their mistakes, and teach us... More

Chapter 1 - Introductions
Chapter 2 - Arrival
Chapter 3 - Rules
Chapter 4 - Roll Call
Chapter 5 - Let's Begin
Chapter 6 - Nothing but Black
Chapter 7 - The House
Chapter 8 - Accidental
Chapter 9 - Why
Chapter 10 - Murderer
Chapter 11 - Help
Chapter 12 - Truth
Chapter 13 - Hope
Chapter 15 - The lighthouse
Chapter 16 - Questions
Chapter 17 - Saving you
Chapter 18 - Kiriyama
Chapter 19 - Trust

Chapter 14 - The middle

393 8 1
By ForeverMusic66

(Rin’s pov)

After I had left Hayashi I went to find cover, somewhere that I could sleep and recuperate from the fight which had been raging on. I walked around the outskirts of the island thinking that everyone should be trying to get rest now somewhere further inland.

My feet were starting to feel like lead and my eyelids were heavy as well. The land started to become steep and I steadily tried to make my way down without rolling.

I was able to make it and I collapsed in relief and exhaustion at the bottom.

My eyes started to close even though I knew that sleeping out in the open wasn’t the best idea.

I woke to the sounds of muffled voices. It was still dark and I still felt like hell so I knew that I hadn’t been sleeping for too long.

A quiet yawn escaped my lips unwillingly only filling me with more sleep. The voices started to get louder causing my fuzzy mind to clear.

I jumped up forgetting about how tired I was and I ran behind a cluster of large rocks.

The voices came closer and as they did I looked round the rocks to see who was there. Two girls came into my view who I soon recognised to be Mizuho and Kaori.

In school then they had both talked to me. I didn’t know them enough to call them friends but I wouldn’t think of them as able of killing.

Mizuho was a girl who seemed to live in a fantasy. To me she didn’t really seem right in the head but still she was best friends with Kaori. Kaori was the more normal of the two even though she did get regularly picked on.

I wasn’t sure what to do, whether I should stay hidden and wait or go see how they were doing.

As they got closer I noticed the tears running down both of their faces.

“I’m scared; I don’t want to do this.” Kaori said looking towards Mizuho.

I wondered what they were on about, any normal person would think that it was about the game but the way she had said it made it sound like something else.

“Come on. You can do it.” Mizuho said trying to sound confidant despite the tears which were streaming down her face.

They walked past me as I held my breath. They passed without noticing my presence which I was grateful for.

They walked on and I followed behind them. I couldn’t hear their voices over the sound of the crashing waves beside us which I was annoyed about but all I really wanted to know was what they were planning.

Both of them walked behind some rocks and I decided to wait for them to realise that it was a dead end and to walk out again. I remembered passing it before.

I sat and waited, and waited some more. I thought about something which I hadn’t done before. I wondered what I would do if I happened to survive the messed up twisted game.

I was jolted from my thoughts as I heard the sound of bullets and screaming.

Quickly I jumped up from where I was sitting and I went to go see what had happened to Mizuho and Kaori.

They both lay there with guns in their hands and bullet wounds in their chests. Had that been their plan; to kill each other off so that they wouldn’t have to put up with the sickness of the game which they had been forced to play.

I wondered how many others had done the same. How many had killed themselves so that they wouldn’t have to put up with it.

There were three types of people who played the game. The strong people like Mizuho and Kaori who wouldn’t let themselves become captive. The ones who got subdued into the game like Kiriyama.

Then there’s the middle where you don’t kill yourself or anyone else, the people like me. I wonder what that type of person would be classed as.

Girl 1 Mizuho, Girl 21 Kaori Dead

20 To Go

…………….

It had been harder getting to sleep than I had first thought. After seeing all the death I wondered if I would ever be able to sleep properly again.

The thing was though is that I didn’t feel the way I thought I would when I saw the body’s falling. Yes there was the shock and maybe a little sickness at some of the murders which I had observed.

But there wasn’t that one thing which everyone would first think that they would feel. I know it’s hard to explain but how would you feel if you saw somebody die right before your eyes, whether it be someone you knew or just a complete stranger.

I had heard that when you first see a murder then you are scared for life and never feel the same way again but there didn’t seem to be anything like that with me even though the dead body’s repulsed me.

I decided that I was just over thinking it.

I woke to cold stale air. Maybe it was all the death making the air so rotten.

My eyes were blurry and I quickly rubbed at them to get rid of the blur. I had decided to sleep in the trees again because it seemed like a reasonably safe place unless someone knew you were hiding up there.

Once again the classical music played and the names were called out. There were only three names on the report. All the deaths which I had whispered, maybe I’m just bad luck.

I laughed at that before collecting my bags and jumping down from the tree’s branches. My back was stiff and my stomach grumbled because I hadn’t eaten in what seemed like forever even if it had only been a couple of hours.

Bread and rice really isn’t the most filling meal in small portions. Even though I knew that it wasn’t going to keep my stomach quiet for long I took out some bread and water then sat down to eat and drink them.

After I had had my fill I stood up and started to walk away but that was when I heard a snap coming from somewhere nearby.

I wanted to hide but that was hard when I had no idea where the sound was exactly coming from. Instead I decided to do the dumbest thing possible.

“Who’s out there?” I shouted grabbing my nunchucks.

The rustling in the trees seemed to stop for a second before becoming louder and quicker. I ran.

I ran until I came out to a clearing and there was no where left to hide. My heart was beating at a rapid rate as I turned around to face whoever it was who had been following me.

I took up a defensive stance trying to remember everything that I had been taught.

Suddenly two figures came out of the trees. One was holding a small hand gun whilst the other was holding what seemed to be a machete.

I wondered how I was going to get out of the mess which I had put myself in. I still stood there taking up what I hoped to seem like a professional and deadly pose.

The looks on their faces were shocked whether it was from how scary I looked or how stupid I looked I wasn’t sure.

“What do you want?” I shouted hoping to sound at least a little bit threatening.

“Do you really think that you will be able to beat us with that?” The guy with the machete said with a laugh causing the guy next to him to laugh as well.

“Do you want me to come over there and Kill you both?” I said taking a couple of steps closer. Their faces came more into view and I recognised the guy with the gun to be Takiguchi and the guy with the machete to be Hatagami.

I would have never thought of them as killers before.

Takiguchi had always seemed so nice and Hatigami had never seemed like a bad guy either.

Even though I had once thought that they were nice; the game could change anyone and what they were saying was only making me madder.

I hated disrespect and insults so the two guys weren’t in the best position at that moment.

“You wouldn’t dare kill us, not like you could anyway.” Takiguchi said only fuelling the anger which was boiling up inside of me.

They both started to walk forward so I started to walk back.

“Let’s end this quick.” Hatigami said raising up his machete whilst Takiguchi raised his gun. Takiguchi started to run at me and he started to shoot random bullets. I dodged most of them whilst others I was able to luckily deflect with the nunchuks.

I tried to run backwards which was a bad idea because I fell flat on my back. Takiguchi brought his gun to my face as he set off a bullet the look in his eyes were of slight fear and I could tell he didn’t want to do it, I rolled knocking his feet out from under him.

Our positions switched and now I was the one standing whilst he was lying on the floor his eyes going wide. I started to walk back again. I didn’t want to be a murderer.

At first he was shocked and now his eyes held the words thankyou.

“What do you think you’re doing? Kill her.” Hatigami shouted sounding impatient.

I turned and went to walk away. After two steps I felt an intense pain in my arm. Takiguchi had shot at me.

I turned around quickly and everything else seemed to go into a blur.

At first all I could see was him standing directly behind me, his gun raised.

Then I remember trying to restrain him. I had the metal of my nunchuks around his neck in a hope that it would stop him shooting. He was on his knees and I was standing slumped behind him with the metal tight around his neck.

“Stop.” Hatigami shouted starting to run over to us but it was too late.

“Sorry.” Takiguchi whispered raising his gun to the side of my head. My eyes went wide and I quickly ducked and rolled to try and get out of the firing range.

I had forgotten about the metal around Takiguchi’s neck and at I fell to the ground I heard a sickening crack but it was not from the gun.

I had snapped Takiguchi’s neck and now it was lying at an odd angle. He wasn’t breathing and his eyes were lifeless.

I was a murderer.

Boy 13 Takiguchi Dead

19 To Go

“No!” Hatigami shouted shock in his voice.

I stood up after letting the metal slip from around Takiguchi’s neck so I was still holding onto one part of the nunchuks.

Hatigami looked at me with a scared expression on his face.

“Please… please don’t…” He stuttered before running far off into the trees. I didn’t follow him because I wasn’t mad anymore. To be honest I don’t think that I had any emotions at all at that point.

Was that how Kiriyama had to feel every day? What a horrible feeling.

I walked over to Takiguchi who was still lying lifeless. Well what else did I expect?

I bent down and picked up the gun which came easily from his grasp. It was a nice weight, light.

I opened it up and saw why it was so light. There were no more bullets left.

A small tear fell down my cheek. I still had my emotions. I was feeling sad but in a way I knew I was being stupid. It was only a matter of time until I gave in to the game. I guess that I’m no longer in the middle.

I put the gun into my bag and walked the opposite way to which Hatimagi had run.

(no one’s pov)

Hatigami ran far into the trees. He didn’t believe that that girl could or even would kill either of them.

He didn’t feel safe anymore. At first he and Takiguchi thought that it was all just one massive joke and everyone was in on it. In their time on the island neither of them had witnessed a murder; until then.

Hatigami stopped and took some deep breaths. He didn’t think that the girl was following him anymore; even if she was then his time on the baseball team gave him enough speed to outrun her.

There were no tears in his eyes. He didn’t want to cry over the loss of his best friend no matter how much it hurt.

Instead he was angry; angry with everyone and everything. Maybe that’s just a way to disguise the upset which was really welling up inside him.

“You look sad.” Hatigami heard a voice say from behind him.

He turned around quickly and saw that Mitsuko was standing in front of him. He had always had a crush on Mitsuko even though he never let it show because Takiguchi had liked her as well.

“I… I just saw Takiguchi getting killed. I… couldn’t…” Finally he lost the anger and sadness consumed him causing sobs to rack his body.

“Shh. It’s ok, I can help get rid of your pain.” Mitsuko said walking closer to him.

“How?!” He shouted looking down to the ground so that Mitsuko wouldn’t see his tears even if it was easy to tell that he was crying.

“Like this.”

The last thing Hatigami heard was those words and a bang which ended his life as a bullet went straight through his head.

Boy 18 Hatigami Dead

18 To Go

VOTE (Because you can't wait for the next chapter :D)

COMMENT (What do you think to rin now?)

PLEASE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 418 21
𝐒𝐄𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐀𝐅𝐈𝐀'𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐘𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃 . . . . . 𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐮 𝐊𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐢𝐫𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐞𝐦𝐢 𝐄𝐢𝐭𝐚 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫�...
12.3K 260 21
You're the everyday average girl who has the specific skill set to become someone else. When your mom is murdered by an assassin you are forced to mo...
4.5K 80 19
[TW// gore, swearing, and graphic imagery.] "A one-week trip to a school? I'll give it a try." -a danganronpa inspired story- 16 students with extrao...
4.5K 110 22
"So...let me get this straight. You want US to kill each other, so we can escape?" I asked as the bear nodded and laughed. "Yep! The last person stan...