Self-Titled [Completed]

By x_medicine_x

"You told me it was you and me for as long as I liked. I'd like forever, if you'd let me." A ten-part story i... More

Meet Me In The Hallway
Sign Of The Times
Carolina
Sweet Creature
Only Angel
Kiwi
Ever Since New York
Woman
From The Dining Table

Two Ghosts

40 0 0
By x_medicine_x

As they continued to travel, her mind continued to race. As much as her worries faded, they proceeded to plague her thoughts. She was quiet most of the time, only making conversation when Harry prompted her. He was worried about her but understood the difficulty of her transition. He wanted to talk to her about it but needed to find the right time. 

They stopped at motel after motel, state to state, living off of a credit card Louis gave them. It had been a few weeks since they left his home and they both missed him dearly. They agreed to wait a little longer before calling him to check in. 

By now, night had fallen and they were settling into yet another motel for the night. Harry was stood at the foot of the bed in a clean pair of boxers, fishing out a new shirt. He had just taken a shower, his hair still wet and strung together, free-flowing at its finest. He settled on the same white shirt he kept from the hospital. He kept constantly gazing at her huddled form at the top of the bed, opposite Harry. She sat against the headboard, her knees pulled into her chest and her eyes remained in one place. Harry crawled onto the bed, now sitting in front of her unmoving figure. He placed his hand on her knee, drawing her attention to him.

"Love," he said with a sigh, "I'm worried about you."

"I'm fine," she countered. 

"Baby, you barely talk to me. I know all this is a mess, I do. I just want to help but I can't if you don't talk to me." 

She sighed, now realizing how much she's isolated herself. She unwrapped her arms from her knees, crawling over to lay in Harry's lap. He held her tightly and kissed the top of her head a few times. 

"What's going on, love?" he prompted. 

"I'm just scared, I guess," she said. "The whole idea that no one knows where we are...it's weird, Harry. It's a lot to take in. And...and I just get scared that what we have is just 'cause of that place. We're out now. It's...it's like we're just two ghosts."

Harry was a bit taken back by her words. He presumed her fears of the situation, but her fear of their relationship was one that he never considered. 

"Love, I would have left you back there if what we have was just 'cause of that place," he reassured her. "And maybe we are two ghosts. That doesn't mean we have to look at it like it's a bad thing. You and I both know that place was brutal and killed all personalities that stepped foot in there. So, maybe this is just us trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat." She nodded against his chest. "I'm never leaving you, baby. Not back in the hospital. Not on the road. Not in the future. I told you, it's you and me for as long as you like."

"We're not who we used to be," she muttered, playing with the neckline of his shirt. A shirt she remembered all too well.

"And we don't see what we used to see," Harry added. "We're just two ghosts standing in the place of you and me. Now we get to reshape our lives. Live how we want. We'll make it through, love." Again, she nodded in agreement. Harry smiled down at the small girl in his lap he admired so much. "Come on," he muttered to her, "we should sleep." She was quick to comply.

Harry laid on his back with her cuddled into his chest. He held her close, as he always did, and gently brushed her hair out of her face. He could stare at her all night, if time allowed. He loved the way the moon danced over her good side. Who was he kidding? Every side was her good side. He always felt tongue-tied around her. Though, in her eyes, he always knew what to say.

He wished these moments of peace could last forever for her. The serenity of her living in her dream worlds was all he could hope to give her for eternity. He'd never met someone like her before. Someone who held so much mystery about them that he felt it was his rightful duty to figure them out. Never had he wanted to care for someone so diligently for the rest of his life. Never had he had the desire to have and hold and kiss someone as long and as many times as he possibly, humanly could.

He often wondered if she was the one. His one. He sincerely hoped she was. Ever since he spoke to her, he never wanted her out of his life. He wanted to come clean and say he loved her although he wasn't entirely sure. Did he mean it or was it impulsive? Either way, right now wasn't the best time for those three words. He let his thoughts of her and that phrase lull him to sleep.

He awoke the next morning slowly gaining conscious to the feeling of her warm, soft lips trailing his chest. Harry took in a deep breath, barely peeking through his lashes as the morning light nearly blinded him. A small smile graced his lips as he covered his eyes with his forearm, soaking in the sensation of her being so close to his body. 

"Well, good morning, sweetheart," he mumbled. "What might you be doing?"

"Was thinking about last night," she said, trailing her slow kisses up his neck. " 'M sorry for shutting you out. Wanna show you how much I appreciate you." Her plump lips languidly migrated to his cheek before taking his. Harry moved his arm from his face, bringing his large hands to spread across the small of her back. She was in a tank top and panties, her top having rid up her waist a bit. Her skin was warm under his gentle touch.

"Mm, you don't have to, love. I know you do," he countered.

"But I want to. And by the feel of things," she gently rocked her hips back and forth across Harry's, gaining a small grunt from him, "you want me to, too." 

Harry chuckled to himself before saying, "You said 'to, too'." She rolled her eyes with a small laugh, continuing her agonizingly slow movements. 

"You're a child, you know that?"

"Then make me a man, baby." That was all the consent she needed before inching herself down the length of his body.

They continued on their travels for another few weeks. Her fears had finally subsided as she focused on her journey with Harry. They've both developed their new personalities, leaving behind the two ghosts of the people who met in the hospital. They strive for greatness together and for each other. Each day brings new laughs and propels them deeper into their enamored-dug holes. 

Eventually, they both agreed to finally settle down for a little bit and stay in a hotel. They've been "missing" for nearly two months and figured the state, at this point, would just call off the investigation. After settling into their room, they agreed to finally call Louis.

"Hello?" Louis answered after the phone rang. 

"Hey, Tommo," Harry said with a smile.

"Harry, you tetra-titted tosser! It's about bloody time!"

"Yeah, sorry we--" She took the phone out of Harry's hand.

"Hey, Louis," she greeted.

"Hey there, love. You keeping him in line?" She giggled lightly.

"Trying to. You know how he is."

"Oh, believe me, I know. But how are you holding up? You doing okay?" Her heart swelled at his concern. She couldn't remember the last time she had a friend that cared for her like this.

"I'm good. It's liberating, y'know. I feel free." 

"I am very happy to hear that," Louis said with a smile in his voice. "If you don't mind, love, could I talk to Harry? I don't mean to cut our conversation short."

"Of course. Talk to you soon, Lou." She looked up at Harry who stood right by her. He was already gazing down at her with that loving sparkle he always held in his eye. She smiled up at him, handing him the phone and muttering, "It's for you." He took it with a grin and watched her walk to explore their room.

"Hey, Lou," Harry said once again.

"Seriously, you two are sickening." Harry laughed as he leaned against the wall watching his girl gaze around the room with astonishment.

"Yeah," he mumbled. 

"You love her, don't you," Louis asked. Harry couldn't help but smile and watch as she stepped out onto the balcony and gazed up at the night sky. Watching the amazement zip around her irises brought a warmth to Harry's chest that overwhelmed him but he loved it all the same.

"I do, Lou. I really, really do."

"Have you told her?"

"No. Don't know when the right time would be. But I want to."

"When it's the right time, it's the right time, Haz," Louis advised.

"Yeah," Harry mumbled.

"How are you holding up?" Louis asked his mate.

"Good," he replied. "Really good."

"Why's that?" Harry took a breath to answer before Louis interrupted with, "And I swear, Harold, if you tell me about your sex life--"

"I wasn't going to," Harry laughed. "But we've left behind two ghosts and, like she said, it's liberating." He paused for a minute. "But, mate, she gives the best head."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.3K 1K 8
[COMPLETED] *STORY CONTAINS MATURE AND EXPLICIT CONTENT* Harry is clueless when it comes to stuff relating to the bedroom. His nervousness on the to...
34.7K 1.8K 37
Harry Styles AU Riley Smith was the epitome of self preservation. She had mastered the art of building a fortress around herself, so thick and impen...
701K 13.9K 66
'The arena was huge. I mean, I knew this girl was famous, but this is as big as the stadiums I would play in during my One Direction days, and those...
8.6K 136 57
Vada Carter. 18 years old. Not famous, just a stupid girl. Harry Styles. 19 years old. Very famous, but he's just a stupid boy. "You can't say stuff...