Homonculous |Marauders Era

By kmbell92

Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs certainly feel quite accomplished after completing what they dub... More

Homonculous
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One

Chapter Fifty-Six

22.9K 1.7K 679
By kmbell92

[Chapter Fifty-Six]

Every time Elspeth heard that someone was looking for her, especially by name, she would begin to try and recount every possible scenario she had been involved in that would result in her getting into trouble. However, as she remained hidden in the shadows, she really couldn't come up with a recent manner that would have her believe she deserved to be scolded, especially by the Fates. What the hell had she done to warrant them seeking her out? And she had to believe it wasn't for anything good if Hades was attempting to hide her from them at the current time.

"Hades, you know the importance of why we need to speak with her," one of the Fates spoke, leaving Elspeth to peer out at them, " it is an urgent matter."

"Elspeth does not need to be involved in the matter, there are other ways-"

"No, there is not!"

The area fell silent and Hades was no longer putting up an argument, leaving Elspeth panicked as he turned finally and looked in her direction. He released a heavy sigh before lifting up his arm and motioning her to come over.

"Elspeth, if you will," he said, " the Moirai wish to speak with you."

Well sure, they wished to speak with her, but did Elspeth want to speak with them? She felt as though she didn't have a choice, especially with Hades revealing her location as he motioned her forward. She stood up on her feet, feeling slightly shaky in her legs as she approached the white-robed three. However, she remained close to Hades, hoping that he would protect her if something was to go down. 

They were elderly in appearance, showing up as three old women with wrinkles and aged expressions to match, but Elspeth knew better to not underestimate them. She was standing in front of three of the most powerful beings when it came to life and death. One of them approached her right away, getting up close and personal as she only stood a few centimetres from Elspeth's face, eyeing her with only one eye opened.

"She smells like soap," the woman finally grinned at Elspeth, leaving Hades to make a face, while Elspeth remained silent and confused. However, in hopes that she wasn't going to be facing a lot of trouble, she offered an uneasy grin.

"Lakhesis!" another called to her. "We are not here to inform her that she smells like soap! Get back here and let us get through this before any more time is wasted. It is bad enough that we have wasted enough time as it is as she and Hades suffered through this spat!"

The one who spoke, Hades whispered to be "Klotho" appeared rather impatient as she moved Lakhesis aside and made her way to stand before Elspeth.

"Elspeth Hayes, " she began, her lips smacking together heavily as she spoke, " you have caused a great disturbance within your world, are you aware of that?"

The words "how" and "why" were the first to come to mind as Elspeth remained put after such a strong question and not to mention, strong blame was suddenly placed on her. How had she caused a great disturbance? Were people that pissed off that she wore bellbottoms or something along those lines? Obviously, that wasn't the case, but she didn't see how she had done anything to warrant such an accusation.

"I'm afraid I don't understand," Elspeth said, " I didn't do anything."

"You did plenty," the third spoke, Atropos as she was respectfully named. " It is due to your actions that have caused a rift of what is to be in the future."

"Rather than blaming her for something she was hardly aware of, why not inform her of what you speak of," Hades said, growing annoyed with how they were speaking to her, " Elspeth does not understand what she was done."

"Very well," Klotho began, taking a step back, " due to your interference with Lily Evans and James Potter, you have put your world at risk, Elspeth Hayes."

"My interference?" Elspeth questioned. "I don't know what you're talking about! I've only been their friend and that's all. I haven't done really anything to interfere-"

"Your blissful night of lust in the girl's dorm, says otherwise," Klotho countered swiftly, " it is due to your actions that have allowed Lily to pursue other options outside of James Potter. You have encouraged her to date Tucker Gooding, giving her the confidence to pursue him in a romantic manner."

"So?"

"So!" Klotho was in her face again, a fiery look in her eye. "You have pushed Lily Evans towards her soulmate and away from James Potter."

Confusion was beginning to become an understatement as Elspeth didn't understand how that was a bad thing. The idea of a soulmate seemed beautiful, the idea of Lily Evans finding hers in Tucker and wanting to pursue him didn't sound terrible either. What the hell were they getting on about? Were they part of a James Potter fan club that she simply wasn't aware of at the time?

"I don't understand how this is a bad thing. I mean, soulmate? Is a soulmate actually a thing and not something in my father's romance novels? Well, isn't that a good thing that she finds her soulmate and actually ends up with him?"

Having enough of the Fates going after Elspeth and only causing a mass swirl of confusion, Hades took the girl aside to explain the matters and what was going to be expected of her.

"Elspeth," he began in a softer tone, " finding a soulmate is a wonderful thing, however, in this case, it is the fate of your world that depends on Lily Evans and James Potter coming together. It is not an instant matter, but further, down the line, it will all make sense. You were the one that was supposed to bring them together, just as you did with Alice and Frank."

Her breath caught in her throat, nearly bringing her to choke, at the mention of Alice and Frank, questioning how they were playing a role and what she had to do with it all?

"Alice and Frank? I didn't help them get together, that was all on them." She had been there, she had seen how they came together on their own through innocent flirting and an obvious attraction to each other from the beginning.

"You played a role," Lakhesis stated, " it was their share of caring for you that allowed them to see what they wanted in each other and come together. We suspected that you would remain on the path to do the same for Lily and James. However, that doesn't seem to be the case as of right now and that is leading to even darker times within your realm. You need to get things back on track."

"Why me?" Elspeth questioned. "You're all these godly beings, why can't you all interfere if you need them to be together for what this plays out to be down the line? I'm just their friend and if you all haven't noticed, Lily and James do not mesh well together. They're like piss and strawberries, they don't go well together and it doesn't make sense."

"The gods cannot interfere with this matter," Hades answered, " unfortunately, this is a matter that you all must handle yourselves. However, we can manipulate somethings, such as offering you the guidance to get Lily and James down the same path they were supposed to embark on. And while they don't mesh well together as you put it, they share you in common as being a sense of guidance, just like Alice and Frank. It is crucial for these pairings to be together, Elspeth."

"Do you mean to tell me that you want me to steer Lily away from her soulmate and towards James because the fate of the wizarding world depends on them getting together? You're all joking, right? This is ridiculous, what does them getting together have to do with the fate of the world? This is like novella type level drama that I don't get at all and it's not even in another language!"

"You do not understand now," Klotho said, " but you will in due time. However, if they fail to come together, the result will not be a good one for you or others."

Elspeth didn't know what to say or even what to do at that moment after the news of what was expected of her, had yet to fully register in her head. She felt that it was a shitty thing to do, stopping Lily from pursuing Tucker if that was what the girl wanted and especially if that was her soulmate. So far, Lily detested most things that involved James, to the point where she didn't speak with him or even want to look in his direction. Yet, they were supposed to get together under the ruling of the Fates and the Gods, along with Frank and Alice?

She wished she knew the reasoning behind it all, but it seemed she wasn't going to get the direct answer that she was looking for.  Even looking at Hades, he didn't bring himself to look at her, an obvious sign that he knew something that she didn't, but he wasn't allowed to disclose it with her, even if he wanted to.

"This isn't right," Elspeth told them, " it's practically forcing them to be together-"

"It will not be a matter of force, Elspeth," Lakhesis replied, " if you go about it the right way. You see, whether you choose to believe it or not, those two have placed all their trust in your word. They look to you for guidance because you carry a voice of reason. Lily and James may not be cohesive as of now, however, it does not mean they cannot grow to be. Lily will not live a life of unhappiness simply due to the fact that she does not end up with her soulmate. There are plenty who live happy lives without their soulmate ever crossing paths with them."

"Elspeth," Hades said placing his hand on her shoulder, " why don't you return back to your realm and rest? Think this over and we will discuss it tomorrow."

The look she gave him made his heart heavy as he didn't want their reunion to be ruined by such matters. It was the reason as to why he was trying to get her out of the Underworld as soon as he felt the presence of the Fates approaching. But it was too late and Elspeth now how to deal with the news that there was a lot of pressure resting on her shoulders as the fate of the wizarding world was resting on her playing matchmaker with her friends.

"Fine," she grumbled at him before shooting a look in the direction of the Fates. She didn't even say goodbye or wish him a good night as she left, leaving Hades alone with the three.

"Why are you so set on shielding her from the reality she will face, Hades?" Klotho questioned him. "The longer you keep the full truth from her, the greater the pain she will face when the time comes, which every direction it takes...whether it is Frank and Alice or Lily and James-"

"You realise the amount of stress you place on that girl's shoulders is damaging enough?" Hades growled in their direction. "She is strong, but she also has her limits. I will not fill her head with the thoughts that those she care about will end up dead no matter what. We should attempt to come up with other options-"

"You know there are other options, Hades," Atropos siad to him. " But either one of the couples are sacrificed or the path leads down the dark path where Elspeth and the wizarding world will be lost to darkness and we will have no other options but to destroy all."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 41 26
BOOK 2 OF THE HP SERIES "Let's tell each other our secrets. I'm gonna go first. I hate you." The one where Sirius Black falls for his best friends s...
6.5K 139 27
Lucie has lived in the Forbiden forest. Sealed off from people not like her and those alike. Lucie knew the result of knowing no one, then the only p...
3.2K 124 17
THE STORIES A Guide on How to have a Good Time at Hogwarts - or, in the words of Professor McGonagall: A List of Things that the Marauders are No Lon...
213K 7K 30
In which James Potter communicates with a girl by engraving their conversations into a table in the library. 'When can we meet in person?' 'But that...