Slayers and Guardians Book Tw...

By heartofice97

Zoey Francis learned last book that she and her mother Layla come from a long line of gypsies, as Jenny Calen... More

characters
chapter 1 - When They Were Bad
chapter 2 - Some Assembly Required
chapter 3 - School Hard
chapter 4 - Inca Mummy Girl
chapter 5 - Reptile Boy
chapter 6 - Halloween
chapter 8 - The Dark Age
chapter 9 - What's My Line, Part 1
chapter 10 - What's My Line, Part 2
chapter 11 - Ted
chapter 12 - Bad Eggs
chapter 13 - Surprise
chapter 14 - Innocence
chapter 15 - Phases
chapter 16 - Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered
chapter 17 - Passion
chapter 18 - Killed By Death
chapter 19 - I Only Have Eyes For You
chapter 20 - Go Fish
chapter 21 - Becoming, Part 1
chapter 22 - Becoming, Part 2

chapter 7 - Lie to Me

248 17 13
By heartofice97

Into every generation, there are Chosen Ones. A Slayer will stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness. With each Slayer comes a Guardian. They are protectors of the innocent.

Day One

Night - Playground

The playground was deserted as the carousel slowly turned. The swings moved in the light evening breeze.

The only person there was a boy sitting on the jungle gym, waiting for his ride. His name was James. "Come on, Mom. She's always late."

The camera panned around him until Drusilla could be seen slowly walking toward him from behind.

"Are you lost?" Drusilla asked.

James looked back at her. "No. My mom's just supposed to pick me up is all."

James climbed out of the gym.

"Do you want me to walk you home?" Drusilla asked.

"No, thank you," James answered.

Drusilla touched the gym. "My mummy used to sing me to sleep at night." She slowly walked around the gym, singing. "Run and catch / The lamb is caught in the blackberry patch." She spoke. "She had the sweetest voice. What will your mummy sing when they find your body?"

James looked at her nervously. "I'm not supposed to talk to people."

"Oh, well, I'm not a person, see?" Drusilla asked. "So that's just--"

Wyatt suddenly stepped between Drusilla and James, facing James. "Run home."

James only hesitated for a moment before running off. Drusilla watched him run away in dismay. Wyatt took a deep breath, turning to face her.

Drusilla smiled. "At long last. Wyatt."

Wyatt rolled his eyes. "Drusilla."

Drusilla slowly approached. "Patrolling for your new living, are you? Do you remember the song mummy used to sing me pretty?"

"I remember," Wyatt answered.

Drusilla sensed he did. "Yes, you do."

Wyatt was not in the mood for games, but not being completely bland either. "Drusilla, leave here. I'm offering you that chance. Take Spike and get out."

"Or you'll kill us?" Drusilla asked, knowing. "No. No, you can't. You can't kill your brother, though you most certainly have the power to. Spike can't kill you either, as it were."

"No, he just wants to torment me," Wyatt replied. "If you don't leave, it'll go badly. For all of us."

Drusilla looked at him curiously. "You don't want to hurt Spike, but you will if you have to. You don't want to hurt me either, unless it's forced upon you. It's noble. Surprising, considering that you don't want to take away your brother's lover like he did to you, like he's trying to do again. You were so close to becoming something like us when your brother killed your first love. Poor dear. But you prevailed, shockingly. No girl would ever be able to survive being your love. No even her."

Brooke was on a building across the street from the park, patrolling.

Wyatt sat down on a bench. "Who?"

"Your girl," Drusilla answered. "The Guardian."

"Leave Brooke out of this," Wyatt told her.

Brooke sensed something, heading for the edge of the roof.

Drusilla laughed in amusement, tauntingly. "So protective of her. Your heart stinks of her." She put her hand on Wyatt's chest. "Poor little thing. She has no idea what's in store."

Brooke looked over the edge, seeing them in the park.

Wyatt pulled Dru's hand off his chest in annoyance, using magic to spark against her wrist to make her back off. "This can't go on, Drusilla. It's gotta end."

Drusilla tilted her head, reaching up for a kiss. "Oh, no, my pet. This is just the beginning."

Wyatt backed away before she could kiss him. Drusilla smiled evilly in amusement, keeping her head turned to Wyatt as she slowly walked away. Brooke was still watching from the rooftop, stepping away from the edge of the roof, using her red Guardian energy to fly away.

 Slayers and Guardians ∞

Day Two

Morning - Sunnydale High School - Library

Giles and Layla were walking in.

Layla smiled. "It's a secret."

"What kind of a secret?" Giles asked.

"Uh, the kind that's secret," Layla answered with honest sarcasm. "You know, where I don't actually tell you what it is."

Giles was amused. "I think it's customary that when two people are going out on an evening that they--they both have an idea of where they're going."

"Oh, come on," Layla told him. "Where is your sense of adventure?"

"Well, I--I, uh, how will I know what to wear?" Giles asked.

Layla looked at his tweed suit. "Do you own anything else?"

"Uh, well, not as such, no," Giles answered.

Layla laughed. "Rupert, you're gonna have to trust me."

"All right, all right, I put myself in your hands," Giles told her.

Layla smiled. "That sounds like fun. Okay, tomorrow night, 7:30, right?"

"Yes," Giles answered.

Buffy, Brooke, Zoey, Alice, Carmen, Brady and Wyatt walked in. "Hey."

"Hello," Giles told them. "Um, did we hunt last night?"

"We did a couple quick sweeps downtown," Buffy answered.

"Any encounters?" Layla asked.

Wyatt turned to put his jacket on the table, tossing it aside, walking along. "I did."

Brooke looked a him curiously.

"And the rest of you?" Giles asked.

"Nothing vampirey," Brooke told them.

"What about Spike?" Zoey asked. "You think he's just here to wreck havoc on Wyatt and Brooke's love life? Or is he here for an actual reason besides that?"

"Spike never does anything without a reason," Wyatt told them. "I just don't know what his reason is this time."

"We'll figure it out," Alice told him. "Wyatt, if you can't kill Spike... And we would never ask you to kill your brother..."

"But if you can't..." Carmen trailed off. "Then if he puts us in a place where we have to... Then we'll have to."

Wyatt nodded in understanding, sighing.

"You all right?" Brooke asked. "You seem a little glum."

"I'm fine," Wyatt told her.

"Why don't all of you take the night off?" Layla asked.

"Okay," Brady told them. "That'd be nice."

"Yeah, Carmen could spend some time with Angel," Buffy told them. "I could spend some time with Eric. Brooke and Wyatt could spend time together."

"Alice and I could talk," Brady added.

Alice and Brady looked at each other, smiling slightly at the memory of their kiss on Halloween, both as Alice/Mad Hatter and themselves, leaving the library. The others watched them go, confused about what that was about, since they didn't know that they had kissed.

Classroom

The girls were sitting together, passing notes back and forth, talking about how Brooke had seen Wyatt with Drusilla.

Zoey wrote: Do you know who she was?

Eric answered a question for the teacher. "Well, it seems like Louis XVI was just sort of a weak king."

"That's fair enough," the teacher told him. "Uh, any other impressions?"

Xander looked over at Cordelia with his head propped up on his fist.

"I just don't see why everyone's always picking on Marie Antoinette," Cordelia told them. "I can so relate to her. She worked really hard to look that good, and people just don't appreciate that kind of effort."

Brooke wrote another note: No. Dark hair. Old dress. Pretty.

"And I know the peasants were all depressed..." Cordelia trailed off.

"I think you mean 'oppressed'," Xander told her.

"Whatever," Cordelia told him. "They were cranky. So they're, like, 'Let's lose some heads'. Uh! That's fair. And, and Marie Antoinette cared about them. She was gonna let them have cake."

Willow wrote another note: Vampire?

"Yes, well, that's a very interesting perspective," the teacher told them. "Um, would anyone else like to comment?"

Brooke opened the note. The bell rang.

Hallway

The Scoobies walked out of class.

"I don't know," Brooke told them.. "I don't think so. They seemed pretty friendly up until Wyatt pulled her hand off his chest."

"Who's friendly?" Xander asked.

"No one," Buffy told them.

"Wyatt," Willow answered. "And a girl."

Alice gave her a look. "Willow, do we have o be in total share mode?"

"Hey, it's us," Eric told them. "If Wyatt's doing something wrong, we wanna know. 'Cause Wyatt never does anything wrong."

"Yeah," Xander agreed. "So if the badass smartass warlock hero Wyatt is doing something wrong, it's interesting."

Student Lounge

The Scoobies walked in.

"Mm, I'm glad someone finds it as interesting as I do," Carmen told them.

"Aw, we just need cheering up," Zoey told them. "And I know just the thing." She pretended to dance. "Crazed dance party at the Bronze."

"I don't know," Alice told her, sitting down, crossing her arms.

"Very calm dance party at the Bronze?" Willow asked. "Moping at the Bronze?"

The girls sat down. Xander, Eric and Brady remained standing. Two people walked up to them, named Billy and Bianca Fordham.

"I'd suggest a box of Oreos dunked in apple juice, but maybe Brady's over that phase," Bianca told them.

They turned to look at them.

Brady was in shock. "Bianca? Ford?"

"Hey, Summers," Bianca told them, wrapping her arms around Brady, smiling. "How you been?"

Buffy and Brooke stood in surprise.

"Oh, my God," Buffy told them. "How you been?"

Bianca and Brady pulled away from the hug, but Bianca held his hands.

"Uh, matriculating," Ford told them.

"Huh?" Brooke asked.

"We're finishing out the school year at Sunnydale High," Ford told them. "Our dad got transferred."

"This is a shock," Brady told them.

"Yeah, it sure is," Ford told them.

"So," Xander said to get their attention. "You guys know each other."

"Oh," Buffy said apologetically, turning to them. "I'm sorry. Um, this if Bianca and Billy Fordham. Uh, Bianca, Ford, this is Zoey, Alice, Carmen, Willow, Eric and Xander."

"Hi," Eric told them.

"Hey," Ford told them.

"Nice to meet you," Willow told them.

"Uh, Bianca and Ford went to Hemery with us in LA," Brooke explained. "Bianca is Brady's ex-girlfriend." Alice nodded once. Brady was a little awkward. "And now they're here. For real?"

"Dad got the transfer, and boom, he just dragged us out of Hemery and put us down here," Ford told them.

"This is great," Bianca told them. "Well, I mean, it's hard, sudden move, all our friends, delicate time, very emotional, but let's talk about you guys." She put her hand on Brady's knee. "This is great."

Alice raised an eyebrow slightly. Brady moved his knee so Bianca's hand was no longer on it.

"So you two were sweeties?" Willow asked.

"In fifth grade, Brady wouldn't give me the time of day," Bianca told them.

"Well, I was a manly sixth grader," Brady told them sarcastically. "I couldn't bother with someone that young."

"It was terrible," Bianca told him. "I moped over you for months. Sitting in my room listening to that Divinyls song 'I Touch Myself'." Zoey had been about to plop a chip into her mouth, looking up. The boys raised their eyebrows. Buffy, Brooke, Alice, Carmen and Willow frowned. Bianca had obviously said it to get a reaction like that, pretending that she didn't realize it. "Of course, I had no idea what it was about. But, uh, high school came along and we finally got the time that we deserved and needed. It was a very long, very well deserved wait."

Brady nervously scratched his temple. Xander just smiled and nodded.

"Hey, are you busy tonight?" Carmen asked. "We're going to the Bronze. It's the local club. You have to come."

"Yeah," Eric agreed. "It'd be cool to get to know some of Buffy, Brooke and Brady's old friends."

"I'd love to," Ford told them. "I know Bianca would. But if you guys already had plans... Would we be imposing?"

"No, only in the literal sense," Xander told them.

"Okay, then," Ford told them. "Bianca and I gotta find the admissions office." Ford and Bianca stood. "Uh, get our papers in order."

"Well, you know what?" Bianca asked. "Brady, could you take us there?" Brady hesitated, sighing, nodding, standing. "Thank you."

Brady looked at the others. "See you guys in French."

Bianca took Brady's arm.

"It was good to meet you," Ford told them.

Brady, Bianca and Ford walked away. Willow had a thoughtful look on her face.

"This is Ford and Bianca, our bestest friends of all our friends," Xander told them sarcastically. "Jeez, do you Summers siblings know any fat guys or girls?"

Buffy and Brooke gave Xander a look, tilting their heads.

Willow realized. "Oh, that's what that song is about?"

Zoey and Carmen both did a face palm.

Night - The Bronze

(Song:) Lois on the Brink - Willoughby

The Scoobies, Ford and Bianca were playing pool.

"Ford," Willow told him. "Bianca. You made it."

"Wasn't hard to find," Ford told them.

"Buffy," Eric told her. "Ford and Bianca were just telling us about your ninth grade beauty contest. And the, uh, swimsuit competition."

"Oh, my God, Bianca, Ford, stop that," Buffy told them. "The more people you tell, the more people I have to kill."

"You three Summers can't touch us," Bianca told them. "We know all your darkest secrets."

"Care to make a small wager on that?" Alice asked.

Bianca looked at Alice, amused by the fact that she was bringing out her competitive side, smirking smugly. Alice was annoyed. Brady was nervous, sighing.

"I'm gonna go get a drink," Carmen told them. "Ford, Bianca, don't spill any Summers family secrets until I get back." She walked for the bar, finding Angel there. "Hi."

"Hey," Angel told her. "I was hoping you'd show."

Carmen saw he had a drink. "You drink. I mean, drinks. Non-blood things."

"There's a lot about me you don't know," Angel told her.

"I believe that," Carmen told him.

The others were racking up the pool balls, seeing that Carmen and Angel were talking.

"That's Angel," Alice told them.

"He's Carmen's beau," Zoey told them teasingly. "Her special friend."

"He's not in school, right?" Ford asked. "He looks older than her."

"You're not wrong," Xander told him.

Carmen looked at Angel. "So, what'd you do last night?"

"Nothing," Angel answered. "Nothing at all." Carmen looked at him in amusement. "Don't look at me like that. It's not like I ceased to exit. I mean, I stayed in. Read. Who are your new friends over there?"

"Buffy, Brooke and Brady's friends from LA, Bianca and Billy Fordham," Carmen answered. "You can come with if you want."

They walked over to the others.

"Hey, Angel," Alice told him.

"Hi," Brady told him.

"This is Billy and Bianca Fordham," Zoey told him. "Billy goes by Ford. They went to school with Buffy, Brooke and Brady in LA. Bianca is Brady's ex-girlfriend, actually."

Angel nodded, suddenly understanding why it was so awkward over here, shaking Ford and Bianca's hands. "Bianca. Ford. Nice to meet you."

"You too, Angel," Bianca told him.

"Whoa," Ford told him. "Cold hands."

"You're not wrong," Xander told him.

They gave Xander a look.

Angel looked at Ford and Bianca. "So, you're here visiting Buffy, Brooke and Brady?"

"So, we're actually here to stay," Ford told him. "Just moved down."

"Hey, Angel, do you wanna play?" Eric asked.

"You know, it's getting really crowded in here," Bianca told them. "Um, I'm a little hot." She looked at Brady. "You wanna take a walk? I'll see you guys tomorrow."

Bianca led them out past Angel.

"Good night," Angel told them.

"Take care," Ford told them.

"Okay, once more with tension," Zoey told them sarcastically.

"They just moved here?" Angel asked.

"Yeah," Brooke answered. "And, boy, does Bianca move fast."

"Well, Angel, we could still play," Willow told him.

Willow moved the rack into position, and when she looked back up Angel was gone.

Carmen looked at Brooke. "See, you made him do that thing where he's gone."

Brooke smiled apologetically, getting ready to break.

(Song Ends)

Alley

Bianca and Brady were walking.

"So, what's up with you?" Bianca asked. "You're being so quiet. And you're acting really off."

"It's been a long while since we were together, Bianca," Brady told her, taking his arm from her, turning away.

Bianca stopped walking. "There's another girl, isn't there? Is it that quiet shy, smart one?"

"Her name's Alice," Brady told her. "Could we lay off the tough questions for a while?"

Bianca made a mocking hand gesture, tilting her head. "Sorry. So, what else do you do for fun around here?"

They heard noises coming from around the corner.

Brady knew it was a vampire, looking at Bianca. "Could you go get Buffy, Brooke, Zoey, Alice and Carmen for me?"

"Uh, okay," Bianca told him, running inside.

Once Bianca was inside, Brady ran around the corner to fight the vampire that was attacking a woman. Once Bianca had gone inside and got the girls, they ran outside to help Brady with the vampire. Ford and Bianca walked outside, following the sounds of fighting, peeking around the corner, seeing a vampire get up and take a swing at Buffy. Buffy ducked, kicking the vampire in the face, grabbing his fist, holding on while she punched him in the face. Bianca and Ford watched as Zoey and Carmen used their power combined to throw the vampire into the wall, and Alice and Brooke used their red Guardian energy to tear the vampire apart into ashes within a second.

"What's going on?" Ford asked.

They were surprised, spinning around to face them.

"Um..." Alice trailed off. "Uh, here was a--a cat. A cat here, and, um, then there was another cat, and they fought."

Zoey nodded. "The cats. And then they left."

"Oh, we thought you were just slaying a vampire," Ford told them.

They looked at him in shock.

"What?" Buffy asked. "Whating a what?"

"We know, guys," Ford told them. "You don't have to lie. We--we've been trying to figure out the right time to tell you. Bianca and I know that Buffy's the Slayer. That Brooke's a Guardian. And since we just saw Alice have similar powers to Brooke, that means Alice is a Guardian too."

"Brady, you turned into a good hunter," Bianca told him. "Buffy, Alice and Brooke are badass Slayer and Guardians. But what are Carmen and Zoey?"

Francis House - Living Room

The Scoobies were sitting down together, talking about Ford and Bianca.

"Just like they told you?" Willow asked.

"Just like that?" Eric asked. "Said they found out about Buffy and Brooke right before you two and Brady got booted from Hemery?"

They nodded.

"Wow," Xander told them. "It's neat. Is it neat?"

"Yeah, I guess," Brooke told them. "We don't have to constantly worry that they're gonna find out our dark secret. It just makes everything easier."

Alley

Bianca and Ford walked down the alley toward Sunset Club, knocking on the heavy metal door. The viewport opened, closed, and the door opened to let them in.

Sunset Club

(Song:) Never Land - The Sisters of Mercy

A welder was cutting the knob off of the inside door. Bianca and Ford walked downstairs to the main area. Everyone was dressed in black and pale makeup.

A man named Marvin/Diego walked toward the Fordham siblings. "Bianca? Hi, Ford."

"Hey," Ford told him.

"Well, how'd it go?" Diego asked.

"It went good," Ford answered.

"Good?" Diego repeated. "That's--that's it? That's all we know? Well, when are we--"

"Soon," Ford answered.

Diego nodded. "Oh, soon, okay. You know, you could give me a little more information here. I'm trusting both of you. I'm out on a limb here. Not to mention the lease is almost up on this place. Who's gonna cover that."

"Marvin..." Ford trailed off.

"Diego," Diego corrected. "Come on, man, it's Diego now."

Bianca rolled her eyes, taking out a pill. "Diego. Ritalin. Everything's gonna be fine."

Bianca popped the pill. Chantarelle walked over, handing them drinks.

"Just make sure you're ready when we say," Ford told them. "True believers only."

Chantarelle smiled. "I can't wait."

"Right, whatever, I still think I should be in on the plan," Diego told them.

"Diego, you gotta trust us," Bianca told him. Ford saw a scene from a Jack Palance vampire movie playing on the TV. "A couple more days and we'll get to do the two things every American teen should have the chance to do. Die young and stay pretty."

Ford spaced out on the movie, quoting it word for word. "So... you play your wits against mine. Me? Who commanded armies hundreds of years before you were born. Fools!"

(Song Ends)

∞∞

Rosenberg House - Willow's Room

The room was neat and clean. Everything was in place just so, except for some clothes on the bed. Willow was in her night shirt, brushing her hair.

Zoey was here, in her pajamas. "Thanks for letting me stay the night. Mom's working at the hospital until morning. And then she has a date with Giles tomorrow."

They smiled. There was a knocking on the balcony door, which caught them off guard, causing Willow to release a small scream as she dropped her brush on the bed. Zoey pulled her necklace off in case she had to use her powers,hands glowing purple, walking toward the balcony, opening the door, pushing the blinds apart to see who it was.

Eric had heard Willow from the other room, walking in. "Will? Zo? What was that?"

"Oh, it's just Alice," Willow answered. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to talk to you guys," Alice answered.

"Oh, well..." Willow trailed off, letting Alice in.

Alice walked in. "If this is a bad time, I..."

"No, it's fine," Eric told her. "Our parents are out."

"I guess I need help," Alice told them.

"Help?" Willow repeated. "You mean like homework? No, 'cause you're smarter than me so you already know all that stuff."

Alice nodded to the laptop. "I want you to track people down on the 'Net."

"Oh, great," Zoey told her. "Willow's so the 'Net girl."

Willow went to sit at the desk.

"I just wanna find everything I can," Alice admitted. "Records, affiliates, I'm not even sure what I'm looking for yet."

Willow started to type. "Good. What's the names?"

Alice hesitated, sighing. "Billy and Bianca Fordham."

Willow, Eric and Zoey looked at Alice. Alice looked away awkwardly, sheepishly.

"Uh, Alice?" Eric asked. "If I say something you really don't wanna hear, do you promise not to use your Guardian power to rip me to pieces?"

"Are you gonna tell me that I'm jealous?" Alice asked.

"Well, it did seem that way," Zoey answered. "When Bianca was getting all touchy and feely with Brady."

Alice sighed, sitting on the bed. "Brady and I kissed." They looked at her in surprise. "On Halloween, both when we were as the other Alice and Mad Hatter, and then as ourselves."

"And Wyatt and Carmen can see soulmates, and they said that you and Brady are," Willow told her.

"So it's okay to admit that you're jealous," Zoey told her. "That you like Brady more than just as a friend."

"But I know people," Alice told them. "And my intuition tells me that Bianca and Ford knowing the truth about us and everything else is wrong."

Willow nodded, turning to the laptop. "Okay, but if there isn't anything weird... Hey, that's weird."

"What?" Alice asked.

Eric looked at the computer. "Will just checked the school records, and they're not in them." Alice stood, walking closer. "I mean, usually they transfer your grades and stuff, but they're not even registered."

"Let me just see if I can..." Willow trailed off.

They heard Mr. and Mrs. Rosenberg return home. "Eric? Willow? Are you still up? Is Zoey still staying the night?"

Eric stood, turning to Alice. "Go." He called out. "We're going to bed now."

Alice walked toward the balcony.

"We can ask the others for help after sunset tomorrow," Zoey told them.

"I'll keep looking," Willow told them.

"Do you tell Brady what we're doing?" Eric asked.

"Not until we know what's what," Alice answered. "I don't want Brady to worry or be put in a weird position."

"Okay," Zoey told them. "It's probably nothing."

Day Three

Morning - Sunnydale High School - Hallway

Buffy, Brooke, Ford, Bianca and Brady were walking together, walking toward where Zoey, Alice, Willow, Eric, Xander and Carmen were talking.

"Hey, guys," Xander told them. "What's up?"

"Nothing," Buffy answered. "Do you wanna hang? We're cafeteria bound."

"Uh, we're gonna do work in the computer lab on school work that we have," Xander told them. "So we can't hand just now. Hi, Ford. Bianca."

"Morning," Bianca told them.

Wyatt was walking down the hall.

"Oh, hey, Wyatt," Brooke told him. Wyatt heard them, walking over. "Billy and Bianca Fordham, meet Wyatt Pratt."

"Hi," Wyatt told them. "Nice to meet you."

"Likewise," Bianca told him. "You're Brooke's boyfriend?"

"That I am," Wyatt answered. "Who're your friends?"

"Friends from LA that went to school with us," Brooke answered.

"Bianca is Brady's ex-girlfriend," Buffy explained.

Wyatt looked from Brady and Alice to Bianca, exchanging a knowing look with Carmen, both awkward because they could see the soulmate connection between Brady and Alice. "That's interesting."

"Awkward more like it," Carmen told them.

"You seem like a nice guy, Wyatt Pratt," Bianca told him.

"Oh, don't be fooled," Brady told them. "Wyatt's a complete badass."

"You definitely seem to have an old soul, Wyatt," Ford told him.

"You're not wrong," Xander told him.

Wyatt gave him a look. "Xander. Do I have to gag you?"

Xander smirked. The others smiled in amusement. Giles and Layla walked toward them.

"There you all are," Layla told them. "Zoey." Zoey turned to face her mother. "Rupert and I are going somewhere tonight." Layla handed a piece of paper to Zoey. "This is the number to my pager. In case you need us for, um..." She looked at Ford and Bianca. "Study help, uh, suddenly."

"Wyatt, Layla, Giles, they know," Brooke told them.

"What?" Wyatt asked.

"Ford and Bianca know our secrets," Buffy answered.

"Yeah, we know," Ford agreed.

Giles gave them a look. "Oh, uh, very good, yes. You are not, by any chance, betraying your secret identities just to impress, um, cute boys or girls, are you?"

Buffy smiled. "We didn't tell them. They knew."

"Oh, uh, right then," Giles told them. "Well, uh, just remember, if you..."

"Go," Brooke told them. "Experience this thing called fun."

"We'll try not to have a crisis," Carmen told them.

Giles and Layla accepted this, starting to walk away. The others watched them go, amused.

Night - Sunnydale High School - Outside

Buffy, Brooke, Brady, Bianca and Ford were walking along.

"And on your right, once again, the beautiful campus," Buffy told them sarcastically. "I think you've now seen everything there is to see in Sunnydale."

"Well, it's really..." Bianca trailed off.

"Feel free to say dull," Buffy told them.

"Okay, dull's good," Ford told them. They saw a group of vampires running. "Or maybe not so dull. Is that more vampires?"

"Must be the weather," Brooke told them.

Buffy and Brady pulled out stakes at the same time. Brooke flexed her hands, waving them around to create red Guardian energy in front of her. They ran up the steps the vampires had just ran up, cautiously looking around. Ford and Bianca were close behind. They looked around a corner, seeing nothing.

"Maybe they were just passing through," Bianca told them.

"I don't think so," Buffy told them.

A blonde female vampire grabbed Brooke from behind, trying to bite her. Brooke did a high kick to her face, grabbing her by the arm, flipping her over onto her back. A male vampire rushed at Buffy, grabbing her, pulling her over a railing with him as they fell. Buffy landed in a crouch on the grass below, getting up while the male vampire rolled to his face. Buffy kicked him in the jaw, making him fall back. Brady punched another vampire repeatedly, ducking a hit, spinning to kick him over the railing, sliding down the railing toward him to kick him to the ground. Ford and Bianca watched the fight, grabbing another vampire.

"You've got one chance to live," Bianca told her. "Tell us what we wanna know, and we'll let you go."

Below, Buffy, Brooke and Brady continued to fight with their vampires. Buffy knocked her vampire out with a punch to the face, staking him. Brady kicked his vampire down, sliding over the grass toward him to stake him in the heart. Brooke waved her arms and the red energy in front of her enlarged as she threw it into her vampire, disintegrating her vampire with the energy. They ran back up the stairs to Ford and Bianca, who were crouched where they had talked to the other vampire.

"Where's the other one?" Brooke asked.

Ford and Bianca fake coughed.

"We killed her," Ford told them. "We killed her and she just turned to dust. It was amazing."

Buffy, Brooke and Brady raised their eyebrows in surprise.

Sunset Club - Outside

Angel, Carmen, Zoey, Willow, Eric, Xander, Wyatt and Alice walked down the alley toward the club.

"The only thing I could track down was this address," Willow told them. "The Sunset Club. Still didn't find anything incriminating."

"They leave no paper trail," Angel told them. "No records. That's incriminating enough."

"Yeah, I'm gonna have to go with Dead Boy on this one," Xander told them.

"Could you not call me that?" Angel asked.

Zoey knocked on the door. The viewport opened and the doorman looked out.

"We're friends of Bianca and Ford's," Carmen told him.

The doorman nodded, letting them inside.

Inside

(Song:) Reptile - Creaming Jesus

The group walked in, looking around at the gloomy and extreme atmosphere. Willow was wearing a colorfully striped shirt.

Xander pointed at Willow's shirt. "Boy. We blend right in."

"In no way do we stick out like sore thumbs," Eric told them sarcastically.

"Let's look around," Wyatt told them. "You guys check out downstairs."

"Sure thing," Carmen told them.

They split up to look around. Angel and Carmen were together; Zoey and Willow; Wyatt, Eric and Xander.

Willow looked at Zoey. "Okay, but do they really stick out?"

"What?" Zoey asked.

"Sore thumbs," Willow told her. "Do they stick out? I mean, have you ever seen a thumb and gone, 'Wow! That baby is sore.'"

"You have too many thoughts," Zoey told her.

They met up back up with the others, walking by a man standing in a coffin dressed as a movie vampire.

The man waved. "Hi."

Alice waved back sarcastically, looking around. "Are you probably noticing a theme here?"

Carmen looked around. "As in 'Vampires. Yay!'?"

"That's the one," Xander answered.

Chantarelle walked toward them from behind. "You guys are newbies. I can tell."

"Oh, no," Eric told her. "We come here all the time."

"Don't be ashamed," Chantarelle told them. "It's cool that you're open to it. We welcome anyone who's interested in the Lonely Ones."

"The Lonely Ones?" Carmen repeated.

"Vampires," Angel explained.

"Oh," Xander said. "We usually call them the nasty, pointy, bitey ones."

"So many people have that misconception," Chantarelle told them. "But they who walk with the night are not interested in harming anyone. They are creatures above us. Exalted."

"You're a fool," Angel told her.

Xander gave him a look.

"You don't have to be so confrontational about it," Chantarelle told him. "Other viewpoints than yours may be valid, you know."

Chantarelle started to walk away.

"Nice meeting you," Carmen told her.

They turned to Angel.

"You really are a people person," Xander told him sarcastically.

"Now nobody's gonna talk to us," Carmen told him.

"I've seen enough," Angel told them. "I've seen this type before. I mean, they're children making up bedtime stories of friendly vampires to comfort themselves in the dark."

"Is that so bad?" Xander asked. "I mean, the dark can get pretty dark. Sometimes you need a story."

"These people don't know anything about vampires," Angel told them. "What they are, how they live, how they dress..."

A young man dressed exactly like Angel walked down the stairs behind him and looked him up and down before continuing on. Angel cleared his throat. They started up the stairs to get out of the club.

"You know, I love a good diatribe," Zoey told them.

"But I'm still curious why Ford and Bianca, Bianca being the ex-girlfriend of a vampire hunter, is hanging with a bunch of vampire wannabes," Eric told them.

Alice nodded. "Something's up with them. I was right about that."

Diego overhead them, watching them leave.

A girl was talking to him, confused about his reaction. "Are you okay?"

(Song Ends)

Sunnydale High School - Library

Buffy, Brooke, Brady, Layla and Giles were talking.

"Sorry to beep you guys in the middle of stuff," Brady told them. "But it seemed really weird."

"No, you did the right thing," Giles told them. "Absolutely."

Layla was amused by his reaction. "You hated it that much?"

Giles looked sheepish and apologetic. "No, but, uh, vampires on campus could have complications. Very, very grave."

"You could've just said something," Layla told him.

"Layla, honestly, I've always been interested in, uh, monster trucks," Giles told her.

"You took him to monster trucks?" Brady asked in amusement.

Layla shrugged innocently. "I thought it would be a change."

"It was a change," Giles agreed.

"We could've just left," Layla told him.

"What, and miss the nitro-burning funny cars?" Giles asked. "No, couldn't have that."

Layla smiled.

"Okay, can we get back on the vampire tip here?" Buffy asked. "These guys were here with a purpose."

"Yes, yes, and, uh, we must, uh, ascertain what that purpose is," Giles agreed.

"Where're Bianca and Ford?" Layla asked. "You said they were with you."

"We sent them home," Brooke answered.

Giles sat at the table. "Oh, uh, good. Yes, the less they're involved in all this, the safer they'll be."

"They did bag a vamp their first time out," Brooke told them. Giles took an open book from on top of another and exposed an old picture of Drusilla. "Gotta give them credit for that."

Brooke saw the picture of Dru.

"Something wrong?" Layla asked.

Brooke picked up the picture. "Who's this?"

"Um, she's called Drusilla, a sometime paramour of Spike's," Giles answered. "She was killed by an angry mob in Prague."

"Well, they don't make angry mobs like they used to, 'cause this girl's alive," Brooke told them. "I saw her with Wyatt."

Layla was taken aback. "With Wyatt? But he's a good guy. Why would Spike's girlfriend be talking to Wyatt?"

"I'll ask Wyatt when I have the chance," Brooke told them.

"I think maybe we need to read up on this nice lady," Layla told them.

Giles stood, heading for his office. "Well, some of my new volumes may be more helpful. Uh, my own research is..."

The blonde vampire that they had fought earlier, the one that Bianca and Ford had let go, ran into Giles as she ran from the office. Everyone was surprised. Layla ran to Giles' aid, but was knocked to the floor underneath him when the vampire gave him a hard shove. The vampire jumped up onto the table, leaping over the mezzanine railing, making her escape through the stakes before Buffy, Brooke and Brady could go after her. Buffy, Brooke and Brady ran to help Giles and Layla up.

"Are you guys okay?" Buffy asked.

"A book," Giles told them. "It took one of my books."

"Well, at least someone in this school is reading," Layla told them.

Buffy was overwhelmed with confusion. "They said they killed it. That's the vampire Ford and Bianca said they killed."

Brady was confused and suspicious.

Spike's Warehouse

Drusilla was talking to her bird as the camera panned around the cage. "You sing the sweetest little song. Won't you sing for me, hmm? Don't you love me anymore?"

The bird was lying dead at the bottom of the cage.

Spike walked in behind Dru. "Darling, I heard a funny thing just now. Lucius tells me that you went out on a hunt the other night."

Drusilla nodded. "My tummy was growly. And you were out." She looked at the dead bird, whistling. "Come on. I'll pout if you don't sing."

Spike put his arms around Dru. "You, um, meet anyone? Anyone interesting? Like Wyatt?"

"Wyatt," Drusilla answered.

Spike nodded. "Yeah." He kissed her forehead. "So, what might have you guys have talked about, then? Old times? Childhood pranks? It's a little off, you two so friendly, Wyatt thinking us the enemies and all that."

"He wasn't friendly," Drusilla told him.

"Did he hurt you?" Spike asked.

"Not as much as you've hurt him," Drusilla answered. "I tried to get under his skin and he shocked me with magics to make me stop." Spike was not surprised, sighing. Drusilla looked at the dead bird. "I'll give you a seed if you sing."

"The bird's dead, Dru," Spike told her. "You left it in a cage, and you didn't feed it, and now it's all dead, just like the last one." Drusilla cowered, whining. "Oh, I'm sorry, baby. I'm a bad, rude man. I just don't like you going out, that's all. You are weak. You're lucky that Wyatt has morals and didn't actually hurt you the way I've hurt the girls he's loved." Spike took her hand. "Would you like a new bird? One that's not dead?"

Spike sucked on her finger.

Ford and Bianca walked in, looking around.

"This is so cool," Ford told them. "I would totally live here."

Spike called out. "Do I have anyone on watch here? It's called security, people. Are you all asleep?" He walked toward Bianca and Ford. "Or did we finally find a restaurant that delivers?"

"We know who you are," Bianca told him.

"Yeah, I know who I am, too," Spike told them. "So what?"

"We came looking for you, Spike," Bianca answered. "You are Spike, right? William the Bloody? Wyatt Pratt's vampire brother."

"You've got a real death wish," Spike told them. "It's almost impressive." The blonde vampire walked in, up to Spike, handing him the book she stole. Spike began to leaf through it. "Oh, this is great. This'll be very useful." He looked at Bianca and Ford. "So, how did you find me?"

"That doesn't matter," Ford told him. "We've got something to offer you. I'm pretty sure this is the part where you take out a watch and say we've got thirty seconds to convince you not to kill us?" He smiled. "It's traditional."

Spike slammed the book closed, walking toward them. "Well, I don't go much for tradition."

Spike grabbed Bianca by the hair, pulling her hair back to expose her neck, but she wasn't the least bit scared, which impressed the vampires.

"Wait, love," Drusilla told him, placing a hand on Spike's shoulder.

Spike let Bianca go. "Well?"

"Oh, come on," Ford told him. "Say it. It's no fun if you don't say it."

"Ford, shut up before you get us killed before we get what we came for," Bianca told him.

"Yes, please listen to the girl," Spike told him. "I've known you for two minutes and I can't stand you." He looked at Bianca. "But I'm impressed by you. What do you want?"

"My brother and I wanna be like you," Bianca answered. "Vampires."

"If you prove yourself useful, maybe," Spike told her. "But your brother right here? I don't really feature him living forever. Can I eat him now?"

Drusilla shook her head.

"Well, feature this," Bianca told them. "Offering you a trade." Spike turned to them. "You make us vampires, and we give you the brother of the Slayer and one of the Guardians. Brady Summers. We hear that you have a fixation on his sister Brooke because she's the girlfriend of your brother, Wyatt. I'm guessing you'll get to Brooke a lot easier if you get to Brady first. Turn him into a vampire and you might get what you want."

Bianca had the undivided attention of every vampire in the room.

Spike smiled, impressed. "You're insane and genius. I like you."

∞∞

Summers House - Kitchen

Brooke was sitting at the counter, having a cup of coffee.

Wyatt slowly pushed the door open. "Brooke. May I come in?"

Brooke looked up. "Sure."

Wyatt walked in, closing the door. "We need to talk."

"Do we?" Brooke asked.

"It's about your friends Bianca and Ford," Wyatt told her. "They're not what they seem."

"Who is these days?" Brooke asked.

"Willow ran them down on the computer," Wyatt explained.

"Willow?" Brooke repeated.

"We found this address, we checked it out with Angel, Zoey, Alice, Carmen, Eric and Xander," Wyatt went on.

Brooke raised her eyebrows in surprise. "Willow. And Angel, Zoey, Alice, Carmen, Eric and Xander? Wow, everybody's in. It's like a great big exciting conspiracy."

"What are you talking about?" Wyatt asked.

"I'm talking about people I trust," Brooke answered. "Who's Drusilla?"

Wyatt was surprised, sighing, walking closer. "Drusilla is Spike's lover." Brooke nodded. "She was turned by Angel but he made her insane first. He killed everybody she loved, visited every mental torture on her he could devise. She eventually fled to a convent, and on the day she took her holy orders, Angel turned her into a demon."

"And since she's Spike's girlfriend, she knows what he's trying to do to both of us, and that's why she was with you that night, isn't she?" Brooke asked.

"Yeah, they both liked to torment me," Wyatt answered. "She's a main part of the reason why I almost went mad after Spike killed my first love, because Drusilla played the same mind games on me that Angel played on her. Bianca and Ford are part of some society that reveres vampires. Practically worships them. I don't know what they want from you or Buffy or Brady, but you can't trust them."

"Then I gotta tell Brady about Bianca and Ford," Brooke told him. "But he's not home. I don't know where he is. Thank you for being honest with me, Wyatt."

"I'm not going to lie to you, Brooke," Wyatt told her. "This is too important."

Wyatt and Brooke looked at each other worriedly.

Day Four

Morning - Sunnydale High School - Outside

Brady was walking alone.

Bianca walked up to him. "Brady."

"Bianca," Brady replied.

"I had a great time last night," Bianca told him. "Well, an interesting time."

Brady nodded, looking around. "I'm glad."

"Do you wanna go out again tonight?" Bianca asked. "If you're worried about my feelings or Alice's feelings, it doesn't have to be anything other than two friends going out."

Brady considered, sighing. "Not busy."

"I sort of had an idea," Bianca told him. "It's a--it's a secret. Kinda wanna surprise you. I remember how much you like surprises. Can you meet me here?"

"Sure," Brady answered.

Bianca smiled. "It's gonna be fun."

Bianca walked off. Brady just stood there for a moment, before walking along.

Inside - Hallway

The other Scoobies were talking.

"Buffy?" Eric asked. "Brooke. Did, uh, Wyatt..."

"Wyatt told Brooke everything," Buffy answered. "So, yes, Eric, we know about Bianca and Ford."

"We didn't wanna keep anything from you," Carmen told them. "But you were busy with Brady, Bianca and Ford."

"It's okay," Buffy told them.

"I was just really concerned for Brady," Alice admitted. "And we didn't wanna say anything to Brady in case we were wrong about Bianca and Ford."

"Did you find out what Bianca and Ford are up to?" Xander asked. "Where's Brady?"

"We haven't been able to talk to Brady ever since last night," Buffy told them. "But we'll figure out what Bianca and Ford are up to."

"We should look for Brady," Zoey told them. "Tell him everything."

"Yeah," Carmen agreed. "Zoey's right. Let's find Brady. Before someone gets seriously hurt. Him, Bianca or Ford."

Sunset Club

Chantarelle was sitting and drumming her fingers. Diego was pacing nervously. The camera panned up to Ford walking down the stairs.

Ford ignored Diego. "Chantarelle. Is everything ready?"

"Of course it's ready," Diego answered. "Hi, I took care of it. I always take care of it."

"Is it time?" Chantarelle asked. "Tonight?"

"Bianca's bringing Brady here as we speak," Ford answered. "You nervous?"

Ford poured goblets of wine.

"Yes," Chantarelle answered. "No. I'm ready for the change. Do you really think they'll bless us?"

Ford took a goblet, handing her the other. "I know they will." They smiled. "Everything's falling into place."

"What about your friends?" Diego asked. "Are they coming?"

"What are you talking about?" Ford asked.

"Your friends," Diego answered. "They came last night. Four girls and four guys."

"One was mean," Chantarelle told him.

Ford gave them both a look. "Oh, Christ. Why didn't you tell me or Bianca about this?"

"I have to do everything around here," Diego replied. "Sorry, Mr. Flawless Plan Guy, it slipped my mind."

"It's gonna be all right, isn't it?" Chantarelle asked. Ford winced in pain, putting his fingertips to his forehead. "They're not gonna let us down?"

Ford calmed down when his pain passed. "It's gonna be fine. Bianca's taking care of it."

"I need them to bless me," Chantarelle told him.

"It's gonna be fine!" Ford repeated in annoyance. "Bianca's taking care of it."

Bianca led Brady inside, closing the door behind them, leaning against the door, looking at her brother. "I already did. I'm sorry, Billy. I just couldn't wait until tonight. Brady's friends and family were getting too close to the truth. They were gonna tell him the truth if they found Brady before I brought him here."

"It's fine, Bianca," Ford told her. "I knew they were getting too close to the truth. You made the right move bringing him here before they found him and told him."

"I"m a little fuzzy about what you guys are up to," Brady admitted. "I think it has to do with you two being lying scumbags."

"Everybody lies," Bianca replied.

Brady glared at her. "What do you want, Bianca? What's this all about?"

"I really don't think you'd understand," Ford told him.

"I don't need to understand," Brady told them. "I just need to know."

"We're gonna turn," Ford answered.

Brady looked at them incredulously. "You wanna be vampires?"

"We're going to be," Bianca answered.

"You know, vampires are a little picky about who they change," Brady told them, realizing. "You were gonna offer them a trade."

"I don't think we're gonna talk anymore," Ford told him.

Brady grabbed Ford by the throat, shoving him against a pillar. "Yeah, well, I still feel awfully chatty. You were gonna give them me tonight."

"Yes," Bianca answered.

"You had to know we'd figure it out," Brady told them.

Bianca smiled. "Actually, we were counting on it."

Brady let go of Ford, backing away. "What's supposed to happen tonight?"

"This is so cool," Ford told him. "It's just like it played in our heads. You know that part where you ask us what's supposed to happen?" He snickered. "It's already happening."

Diego swung the inner door shut with a loud clang. Brady ran up the stairs, pounding on the door.

"Rigged up special," Bianca told him. "Once it's closed, it can only be opened from the outside. As soon as the sun sets, they'll be coming."

"Bianca, if these people are still around when they get here..." Brady trailed off.

"We'll be changed," Diego told him. "All of us."

"We're going to ascend to a new level of consciousness," Chantarelle told him. "Become like them. Like the Lonely Ones."

"This is the end, Brady," Bianca told him. "No one gets out of here alive."

∞∞

Brady hurried down the stairs. "There's gotta be another way out of here."

"This is a bomb shelter, Brady," Ford told him. "We knew we weren't gonna be able to overpower you or your friends. But this is three feet of solid concrete. Trust me when I saw we're in for the long haul."

Brady turned to face them angrily. "At least the other people go."

"Why are you fighting this?" Chantarelle asked. "It's what we want."

"It's our chance for immortality," Diego told him.

"This is a beautiful day," Chantarelle told him. "Can't you see that?"

"What I see is that right after the sun goes down, Spike and all of his friends are going to be pigging out at the all you can eat moron bar," Brady told them.

"Okay, that's it," Diego told them. "I think we should gag him."

"I think you should try," Brady replied.

"He's an unbeliever," Diego told them. "He taints us."

"I am trying to save you!" Brady told them angrily. "You are playing in some serious traffic here. Do you understand that? You're going to die. And the only hope you have of surviving this is to get out of this pit right now."

"Don't worry, Brady," Bianca told him. "You won't be killed. You'll be turned like us. I made that deal special for you. So once you turn, you can help Spike get to your sisters and your little soulmate as it appears. You'll get to help kill Buffy and Alice, and help Spike kill Brooke to make Wyatt lose his mind. And then you and I can be together forever."

Brady shook his head in disgust and horror. "When the hell did you turn into a psychotic bitch?"

Bianca faked being hurt, pouting like a child, amused, smiling a little. "Billy, Brady's being mean to me."

Ford pushed Brady against the wall in defense for his sister. Brady twisted Ford's arm off of him, breaking it, pushing Ford to the floor.

Ford held his arm in pain, noticing the time on his watch, looking up, smirking. "6:27. Sunset. Time for me and Bianca to get what we need."

Brady looked around for what to do next.

Spike's Warehouse

Spike came marching out with his vampires. "When we get there, everybody spread out. Two men on the door to make sure the Slayer, Guardians, witches and gypsies don't make an appearance to save Brady Summers, who is first priority. Everything else is fair game, and let's remember to share, people." He met up with Drusilla. "Are you sure you're up for this?"

Drusilla nodded. "I want a treat. I need a treat."

"And a special one you'll have," Spike told her. "Brother to a Slayer and Guardian. You can play your little mind games on him to make him behave." Drusilla smiled excitedly, clapping her hands. "Lucius!" Spike held up his keys. "Bring the car around."

Night - Sunset Club

Brady ran up the stairs to the door.

Bianca followed him. "Brady, you never give up, do you?"

"No, I don't," Brady answered.

Bianca smiled. "That's a good quality in a person. Too many people, they just lay back and take it, but us..."

Brady turned to face her incredulously. "Us? There is no more us, Bianca. We have nothing in common now."

"Yes, we do," Bianca told him. "More than you think."

"Yeah, well, let me explain something to you," Brady told her. "You're what we call the bad guy."

Bianca giggled, twirling a piece of her hair, tilting her head. "I guess I am."

Brady looked around the people in realization. "These people aren't gonna get changed, are they? The rest of them, they're just fodder."

"Technically, yes," Bianca answered. "But me and Billy, we're in. We will become immortal. Isn't that right, Billy?"

"Well, I've got a news flash for you, Bianca," Brady told her. "That's not how it works. You die, and a demon sets up shop in your old house, and it walks and it talks, and it remembers your life, but it's not you."

"It's better than nothing," Bianca told him.

"And your lives are nothing?" Brady asked. Bianca giggled hysterically. "Bianca, these people don't deserve to die!"

"Well, neither do I!" Bianca replied. "Or Billy. But apparently no one took that into consideration, 'cause we're still dying." Brady looked at her in shock, realizing why they were doing this now. "The same form of dementia that killed our mother, it is eating away at our brains, slowly killing us. On top of that, I got the cancer from our father. So as my brain dissolves, it is filled with tumors and you can see why it led me to this."

"Which explains why you're both acting psychotic when you didn't use to be," Brady told her.

"Cute," Bianca told him sarcastically, getting angry, raising her voice. "But I look good for a dying girl, don't I? Let me tell you something. We've got maybe six months left, and by then what they bury won't even look like us. We'll be bald and shriveled and it'll smell bad. No, I'm not going out that way, and neither is Billy." Brady turned away. Bianca went back to being calm like she hadn't just been angry, wrapping her arms around him from behind, leaning her head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry, Brady. Did I screw up your righteous anger riff? Does the nest of tumors liquefying and eating away at our brains kinda spoil the fun?"

Brady shrugged Bianca off of him, turning to face her. "I'm sorry. I had no idea. But what you're doing is still very wrong."

"Okay, well, you try vomiting 24 hours straight because the pain in your head is so intense, and then we'll discuss the concept of right and wrong," Bianca replied. She pointed below. "These people are sheep. They wanna be vampires 'cause they're lonely, miserable or bored. Billy and I don't have a choice."

"You have a choice," Brady replied. "You don't have a good choice, but you have a choice! You're opting for mass murder here, and nothing you say is gonna make that okay."

"You think we need to justify ourselves to you?" Bianca asked.

"I think this is all part of your little fantasy drama," Brady answered. "Isn't this exactly how you imagined it? You tell me how you've suffered and I feel sorry for you. Well, I do feel sorry for you, and if those vampires come in here and start feeding, I'll kill you and Ford myself."

Bianca could only smile and laugh, stepping closer to Brady, trailing her hand along his chest and chin, pulling him closer, speaking against his lips. "You know what, Brady? I really did miss you. And I do love you. I've always loved you. And that is why I bargained to have you turn instead of you being killed with the rest."

Bianca tried to kiss him.

Brady pushed Bianca off, holding out an arm to keep her away from him. "You bargained for me to turn so you could have me for the rest of eternity, but you said it yourself. They want to turn me so that I'll kill Buffy, Brooke, Alice, all the rest of my friends, turn Wyatt mad just like you."

"I'm trying to save my life and my brother's life," Bianca told him. "I figured you of all people would understand."

"At the expense of making me kill my family and friends," Brady replied. "I'll pass, thanks." They heard cars coming to a screeching halt from outside. "Bianca, help me stop this. Please!" Bianca just looked at Brady, smiling slightly, tilting her head. Brady pushed past her to run down the stairs. "People, listen to me!" Bianca followed him quickly. Ford walked toward them. "This is not the mothership, people! This is ugly death come to play!"

When Ford tried to punch Brady, Brady ducked, backhand punching Ford in the face, making him tumble to the bottom of the steps in front of Bianca, punching Ford in the back to keep him down. They heard the outside door open, looking up. Chantarelle started up the stairs to meet them, reaching the top of the steps as the inner door opened.

Spike walked in, transformed, smiling, roaring, tearing the choker off of Chantarelle's neck as she started to cry in fear. "Take them all. Save Brady for me."

When Brady tried to stop them, Bianca and Ford held him back with a crowbar to his neck. The vampires ran in, jumping down the stairs to the people below, beginning to feed. Spike grabbed Chantarelle by the neck, biting her violently.

Brady grabbed the crowbar at his throat to flip Bianca off of him into Ford, making them both fall, knocking them both unconscious, looking at the mayhem going on around him, spotting Drusilla standing by herself on the balcony, running upstairs, grabbing Drusilla from behind, holding a stake to her chest. "Spike!"

Spike stopped feeding on Chantarelle, looking over to see this. "Everybody stop!"

They all stopped feeding.

"Good idea," Brady told him. "Now you let everyone out or your girlfriend fits in an ashtray."

"Spike?" Drusilla asked.

"It's gonna be all right, baby," Spike told her. "Let them go."

The vampires released their victims. The people hurried up the stairs and out the club.

Brady glared at Spike. "Down the stairs."

Spike slowly backed down the stairs. Brady forced Drusilla ahead of him, still holding the stake ready, reaching the top of the stairs, shoving Dru down the stairs at Spike. Spike caught Drusilla, steadying her. Brady turned, running out of the door, slamming the door closed behind him, because he knew that he couldn't take on all those vampires at once.

Spike ran upstairs, slamming against the closed door, looking for the way to open it. "Uh, where's the doorknob?"

Alley

Brady ran out of the club, seeing the people help and support each other.

Buffy, Brooke, Zoey, Alice, Carmen, Willow, Eric, Xander and Wyatt ran toward him. "Brady!"

Brady looked at them in relief, sighing. "You guys are just in time."

"Are there vampires?" Zoey asked.

Brady nodded. "They're contained. They'll get out eventually, though. We should probably go."

"You got out of there okay," Alice told him. "How many are in there?"

"A lot?" Carmen asked. Brady nodded. "Did you kill any?"

Brady shook his head. "No, there were too many for me to take them on alone. We can come back when they're gone."

"Come back for what?" Eric asked.

Brady looked back at the entrance. "For the bodies."

Inside

The vampires were banging on the doors. Ford and Bianca woke up, holding their heads in pain. Spike was comforting Drusilla.

"What happened?" Ford asked.

"We're stuck in a basement," Spike answered.

"Brady?" Bianca asked.

Spike walked downstairs toward them. "He's not stuck in the basement."

"Hey, well, Bianca and I delivered," Ford told him. "Bianca handed him to you."

"Yes, I suppose you did," Spike agreed.

"So?" Ford asked. "What about our reward?"

They just stared at each other.

Day Five

Morning - Sunset Club

The Scoobies walked in, finding the door broken and twisted, looking down below, seeing Bianca and Ford lying there, walking downstairs. Brady knelt next to their dead bodies, overwhelmed. The others looked at him in silent sympathy.

Night - Cemetery

Buffy, Brooke, Brady, Alice, Zoey, Carmen, Wyatt and Giles were walking through the cemetery to find Ford and Bianca's graves.

"I don't know what we're supposed to say," Buffy admitted.

"You needn't say anything," Giles answered.

"It'd be simpler if we could just hate them," Zoey told them. "I think they wanted us to. I think it made it easier for them to be the villains of the piece. Really they were just scared."

"Yes, I suppose they were," Giles agreed.

"Nothing's ever simple anymore," Alice told them. "We're trying to work it out. Who to love or hate. Who to trust. It's just, the more we know, the more confused we become."

"I believe that's called growing up," Wyatt told them.

"I'd like to stop then," Carmen told them. "Okay?"

"I know the feeling," Buffy told them.

"Does it ever get easy?" Brooke asked.

They found Ford's grave. Ford rose from his grave, a vampire just like he wanted, attacking them. Brady plunged a stake into his heart with no more effort than swatting a fly. Ford stepped back, looking at the stake protruding from his chest. He looked back up, bursting into ashes.

"You mean life?" Giles asked.

"Yeah," Brooke answered.

"Does it get easy?" Buffy asked.

"What do you want me to say?" Giles asked.

"Lie to me," Carmen told him.

Giles considered a moment. "Yes, it's terribly simple." They walked through the cemetery, looking for Bianca's grave. "The good guys are always stalwart and true. The bad guys are easily distinguished by their pointy horns or black hats. And, uh, we always defeat them and save the day. No one ever dies, and everybody lives happily ever after."

Buffy, Zoey and Carmen smirked. "Liar. Liar."

"Brady, when we come across Bianca's grave, and if you can't kill her, we'll understand," Alice told him. "One of us can do it for you."

"No, that's okay, Alice," Brady told her. "It should be me."

They came upon the place for Bianca's grave, pausing when they saw that the dirt was dug up.

"Except Bianca's already risen," Wyatt told them. "She would be long gone by now. Probably with Spike, Drusilla and their vampires already."

"Which means that we're gonna have to deal with a formerly sick and probably still crazy ex of Brady's, only this time, she's a vampire," Zoey told them. "I mean, Bianca's brain was already eaten away at by the dementia and tumors."

"She wouldn't have healed from that when she turned vampire, would she?" Carmen asked.

"No," Wyatt answered. "Bianca would be able to keep on living. But the damage on her mind would have remained the same."

"Don't worry, Brady," Brooke told him. "We'll find Bianca and deal with her. And we won't let her do anything to you."

Brady didn't know what to say, just looking at the grave, turning around, walking away. The others watched him go, looking at each other in concern and worry, following Brady away, leaving the cemetery, knowing that the story of Bianca was not yet over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

671K 11.9K 31
{This Book is discontinued, but on my page is a new version of this book I'm writing you should check out if you want to. Thank you!} Madison Deane S...
2.4K 39 7
Original Titles - The Mystique Of A Feeble & The Mystique Series: Feeble BOOK ONE: Inspired by JOAN OF ARC and BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER comes with...
42.6K 1.1K 22
What if Zoey Francis, the other Slayer in Sunnydale, was never an only child? What if she had Dawn as a sister instead of Buffy? That she and her mot...