Nefarious Bliss

By harshali1612

Dear prince charming , Don't you know she bled ? All the 'i love you's' between your cigarette breaths were t... More

1.I do
2. Trial of the century
3. Courting Criminals
4.Bad news
5. Diamond cuffs
6 . Ice? Ice
7. The Bigger Fish
8. Super-heroes
9. Bruised knees and egos
10. Berlin's Irish Charm
11. The holy grail of crime
12. The therapy
13. The therapist
14 . How to hide a dead body 101
15. Five Minutes
16. Body Bag & Broken Hearts
17. Criminal of the eclipse
18. Fallen Empire
19.Conquering the dead ends
20.Masked by night
21 . Confessions
22. Deceiving the deceiver
24. Power Moves
25. Behind closed eyes
26. The world won't burn itself
27. Darling
The Sequel (its been posted)

23. Mine to Kill

315 19 0
By harshali1612

Screams bounced off of  the lonely walls of the headquarters of China , the bellows were getting louder and Victoria's eyes widened in fear. Her throat plead her captors , but their lips were shut tight.

 Her good day at home with a cup of tea and a book , had been ruined by six people barging into her house unannounced and abducting her. Her irritation was visible from the folds on her forehead , all she wanted to do now was to kill each and every one of them as she hadn't gotten the chance to hurt them back in London. 

She did not resist them because she was outnumbered that too by highly skilled soldiers . Her boots scraped against the rough ground as she was practically being dragged - the hollers for help were the only thing she heard for miles . Soon enough the dimly corridor came to an end and her heart heaved . She was thrown in a concrete room made for interrogations . There was a small table and two chairs then it hit her , It was an interrogation room .

The door of the room slammed open and there stood a Asian man in suit ,  It took time to dawn that she was in the China's headquarters . He pulled the chair opposite to her and motioned her to sit .

She recalled how Lucas dealt with situations like this , he might be a psychopath  but taught her one thing that smiling in the face of fear or opposition alarmed them. Her eyes studied him properly and then she pulled the chair out and flipped her raven black hair back sitting down .

She smiled and spoke further , "Quiet the welcome , this is Mr....?"

The man rolled his eyes and leaned forewords "Miss. Smith I am Adam , we wish to interrogate with you , tell me is this yours" He pulled out a plastic zip bag and took out the laptop that on which she had hacked their military database .

 "Oh , yes it is actually you can search it if you want but you are not going to find anything on it . "

He glared at her mocking tone while nodding to himself "the hard way then "

She smirked and leaned back "I have never been to one to settle "

~*~

"Ready to talk , Ms. Smith?"

Another splash of water hit Victoria's half naked body  , she opened her eyes and spit the water out and waited for the electricity to pass through her "No" she murmured , her eyes barely supported her vison as her wet hair was sprawled all over her face , a growl of irritation escaped Adams throat and he  motioning his team  to start again. 

She felt electricity in her veins again as she her lips failed to remain shut , yet her bellow were not for help. Electrocution , that what they did first they drenched her in water and passed electricity through her . It stopped after a while me and he asked again " Where is it ?"

She shook her head as her eyes failed to stay open , her wrist were bound to the chair-the only think keeping her upright  . She felt herself slipping into the most awaiting slumber . A sigh escaped the interrogators mouth and she was dragged into her cell , the corridors passed in a blur and she only came to full awareness when she was thrown into it . Her eyes gave out and she passed out on the floor itself .

Next morning she heard loud banging on the metal door , "Prisoner 8890 wake up !" yelled the harsh voice as her eyes opened in instant shock ,her body was sore and she found the task of moving her fingers very hard .

The day went by and she was given some cloths to wear after a shower , her cell is something what you'd describe as spacious and dark , the only source of light was a single bulb hanging from the celling . She sat on the metal bed by the wall and thought in solitary . Curiosity got her and she was afraid again- this was not the time to cry but to think that she couldn't escape them and succumb to her demise made her eyes brim with silent tears.

The door slammed open again and Adam stepped in again . He and a few companions with him who again dragged her o the torture room again , this time it was different , there was a metal bed and a machine beside it .

She was forcefully trapped to it , her hands and legs were bound to the metal and she was compelled to eat some sort of medicine swallowing  it dry , She decided indulge the Asian man "So what is it today ? "

Adam smiled , but it was not sweet rather sarcastic " it's a surprise. I'm sure you'll love it"

That's when a pair of headphones were pushed down her ears . She saw him backing away and a whine like voice rang in her ears it was so loud that she instantly became unaware of her surroundings . 

Her body shook with the frequency they played the sound with , she started straining at the binds but to no avail. Her scream resonated in the torture room , and so it went . This time they triggered her brain , they used a high frequency noise to make her tell them the conclusion to their theory. She knew they couldn't kill her because she had something that could cause havoc around the world the information she had acquired , so even when she was strapped to the metal bed-half naked as the high frequency sounds were passes through her ears-she was top priority.

When it stopped , she was sweating and gasping for oxygen , "Now , now Miss Smith , where is the memory stick?" asked the voice thickening with Chinese accent .

They tried out a different method that day was because they couldn't find any data on which they could spark off her weakness . Nothing . absolutely nothing . Its like she had no Achilles heel , no weak spot that's what made her fatally dangerous .

Probably because she didn't have one , or she didn't show one . 

The sound came again and she was prepared this time at least mentally. 

When she passed out , she faintly heard something being thrown away and an angry growl like shout . Again she was dragged through the same corridors and to the same room and thrown to the ground . She couldn't hear anything getting up-she silently she walked back to the metal bed and fell into a deep slumber , her exhaustion had reached its peak after two hours of mental agony . She never wanted this , any of this , alone and cold in the cell that was practically designed to depress you .

In the middle of the night she was awoken by some shouting , and dull thuds against doors , her ears weren't exactly in the condition to comply. Sitting up from the mental bed she looked around , her ears were not working due to the afflict they had performed on her like a lab rat .

Her ears could only hear distant noises made , her body shivered against the cold wall of the cell.

The light bulb hanging on the wall busted and there was clamors of shooting soon followed by uproars of help . Her hands covered her ears in a desperate attempt of blocking the commotions of the activities going behind the metal door .

Soon the door was threw open and her hope was lost , she couldn't hear anything silence ,that was the only thing she was capable of making out .She could only catch figures of camouflage it was all blur . Momentarily her eyes gave out and the only thing she could see was the outline of the someone walking towards her

They walked bending down at her level and widened their eyes at the sight , she could now see someone's face with light subtle beard and a Bluetooth hanging from his left ear . The face was vaguely familiar .She couldn't hear anything but was good at lip reading , she noticed his lips moving and her brain captured the sentences quickly .

'Oh dear '

She whispered the only words she could gather , "Who are you ?"

An undertone replied after a chuckle "your knight in shining armor" , there was something about the accent-

Irish

Her vision is a labyrinth of   blurriness due to the noises outside , she manages to whisper out "David?"

"Yes!" 

As an instinct she shushes him and points to her ears , the man whispers a tiny  sorry and slips on something on her head and the cushioning on her ears phone is the most comfort she had felt in days. 

That's when she fell back feeling something prick into the side of her neck she tried getting up but before falling on the ground she felt someone's hands wrap around her waist to keep her steady. 

~*~

"Hello , Victoria" exclaimed a smooth voice , her eyes snapped open and she sat it straight immediately regretting the decision as waves of stinging pain washed over her body-the soreness didn't help either. "Ah...ah darling , slowly there" uttered the same voice .

She woke up with the realization that she was not sleeping on a metal bed but rather on the softest cloud she could imagine. Throwing away the velvety  persuasive duvet she hurled her legs in the opposite direction .

"Lucas?" a throaty voice escaped her lips. Surprising her

"Yes , darling?"

Her eyes adjust to the brightness of the room , to her luck-it is lit with comfort ocher lighting. Lucas hands her a glass of water and she eagerly takes it , gulping the contents down immediately. Feeling the cold liquid hydrate her throat she almost cries out of content. 

"Thank you.."

"Has your time in imprisonment in China made you grateful ? Because the Victoria I knew , would be at my throat for not rescuing her earlier"

This elicits a genuine chuckle from her , "I meant for the water..."

Lucas observes her with lively eyes , if she'd squint-his lips almost turned up with realistic gentleness . He nods to her , "Well...as soon as you are fighting fit , we can spar in hand to hand combat and you can make me suffer as much as you please"

Victoria is surprised by the tenderness of his towards her , but she choose to enjoy it while it lasted because it felt like a dream too real to come true -so she nods and utters "i will take you up on that offer , how long was I out?"

"For about forty hours"

Lucas walks over to her and sits opposite to her , there is a lavish chair overlooking directly on the bed-giving her the impression that he was keeping an eye on her while she rested. He leans forwards and holds her face in his hands and pushes off her  hair out of her forehead , Victoria is too weak to not melt at his warm touch. He firmly grips her head and turns it slightly , as to inspect for wounds. 

"Concussions?" 

Victoria feels the room sway a little and closes her eyes, "Yes" She whispers. 

He nods and removes his hands from her face , Victoria wholly blames the effect of the medicines , the concussion and the sedatives for what happens next. Her hands are pulling on his suit and her lips are on his , it startles her and him alike but he is quick to recover from her sudden actions. 

His index finger curves around the jut of her jaw and her hold on him tightens. Goosebumps arise at the back of neck when another of his hand curves around the back of her head. He deepens the kiss and she lets him. 

Softly , he pulls away as his head tilts meeting her eyes , he tugs the strand of her hair behind her ear and gives her a smile. Victoria does not appreciate the lack of his touch but knows better than to get involved with him emotionally. 

Her subconscious however  disagrees and she leans in again but Lucas backs away , she immediately feels her stomach drop , a lump of regret chokes her throat in a hold of insult.

His thumb caresses her cheeks "You need to rest , Darling. Yes?"

"Why..?" Her voice cracks , he waits patiently as she clears her throat "Why did you save me?"

His voice is gentle as he speaks "Because i meant it when is said you were mine to kill...No one touches your soul , until I corrupts you" 

"Wha -"

He cuts her off by placing a kiss on her forehead  "Well get cleaned up , there is the bathroom and downstairs you can find the maid . For your entertainment there is a personal shooting range i selected extra noise cancelling ear covers for you , maybe i can join you  after I am back" He swiftly gets up and walks out of the room , leaving her speechless.

Only thinking about bathing gave her nightmares , her fear of electrocution came back . She could still feel the electricity pass through her veins .

Striding towards the table he was on she picked out the paper and saw what her was reading ever so interestingly .On the first very page there was picture of a gigantic mansion which looked a little like governmental headquarters . It was covered in burning inferno . There was fire igniting in the huge HQ of china and the photo seemed to be taken from a strange height a helicopter , probably .

Below it read :Chinese Head Quarters burned down to scarps by a nonentity and nearly three hundred people killed in the bombing .The source of this mysterious Cataclysm is still unknown .

Victoria's eyes widened and the paper fell on the ground with a light thud . He was right when he said it she was his to kill and who ever messed with his things was definitely  looking for a catastrophe .

Little did the people who tortured her know that their destiny was being engraved by Lucas Marcelo Zavier himself

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 88 10
I stepped into the doorway, turning back to look at him as he tucked his hands into his navy blue jean's pockets. Despite my obvious insecurity, I le...
54.8K 2.1K 35
The exact words he threw at my face still haunts my dreams every single night and I think I'm starting to believe him. "Wish I've never met you I...
437K 9.3K 98
{18+ Matured Content, It involves heavy sex, bondage, violence, rape, BDSM, age gap, enslavement, and crime} ••• "Look at me, Balia," I commanded. S...
7.2M 283K 24
(Bfflad- Best friends for life and death) Dear Reader, Let's start at the beginning shall we? I died. Oh no, not one of these stories again where som...