The Lies We Tell ✓ (Complete)

Per alyssarivera_write

"You should care, Dylan. You would still be living in the back of a car, stealing from Seven Eleven! Is that... Més

Introduction
Chapter 1: The 4 Musketeers
Chapter 2: Schools out
Chapter 3: Same old thing
Chapter 4: The 1st & 3rd Musketeer

Chapter 5: The Talk

30 3 1
Per alyssarivera_write

Dylan's POV

I'm just finishing touching up my makeup when there's a knock on the door.

"Come in." I call.

Vince comes into my bathroom and shuts the door. "Thanks again for helping get all the blood off of me."

I chuckle, putting the cap back on my mascara. I turn around and face Vince. I pull him into my arms. "Your sure it doesn't hurt?"

I feel Vince's stomach shake with laughter. "Yes, I'm sure. Besides I've had busted knuckles before." I smile placing a quick kiss on his cheek.

"Let's go then."

When we arrive at the party the music is blaring at full blast. Vince and I meet up with Dana while Garret has his tongue down some girls throat. I point it out to Vince and he laughs, wrapping his hands around my waist.

"Well, we've been here for about fifteen minutes, so that's a new record. It normally takes about a half hour him to get in the zone." Dana smirks taking a shot.

I smile at how confident Garrett is with girls. He knows how to work the charm. Most guys have to be drunk off their ass to have the balls to go talk to a girl.

I do a couple of shots with Vince, while Dana goes play beer pong. "These are really good." Vince says taking another shot. I nod agreeing. I believe there called "Tropical thunder." I only have about three. It's too early to be totally trashed.

Lucky for me, I'm one of those very few people who don't really get sick. I might get a small headache but I've never thrown up. Also, my hangovers are not nearly as bad as most people. I grab a beer from the cooler and make my way out to the living room.

Garrett is sitting on the couch with a huge smile on his face. Chole has her top of and she's straddling Garrett. I laugh, sitting down next to Vince on the other couch. I chat with my friend Megan for awhile why Vince talks with a couple of friends on the basketball game. Everybody is just chilling and having a good time when Sara walks into the room.

"Look who it is." Sara sneers at Vince.

"What's up, bitch?" Vince fires back.

"I can't believe you would attack my boyfriend like that! The nerve of you, dick!" Sara makes a huge fuss, eyes blazing with hate.

"Well, maybe Cody should have kept his mouth shut." Vince scoffs. "He knew who he was messing with. Not my fault he opened his mouth." Vince rolls his eyes and everyone turns to stare at Sara.

Sara looks livid. Her bitchy friends stand behind her looking uncomfortable. Literally everyone is looking at her. "That doesn't give you a right to beat him up. He's seriously hurt!" Sara says her voice cracking.

I notice a couple of tears threaten to spill but she blinks them back. Again Vince rolls his eyes.

"It's not my problem you boyfriend has zero fighting skills. I mean if your going to trash talk my girlfriend," Vince pulls me closer to him, "you should at least have some sort of fighting skill."

Everyone starts laughing.

Yeah, you shouldn't mess with street fighters.

"Why? Dylan really is a bitch." Sara snickers at me. I feel Vince's shoulders tense preparing for a fight. He grips his beer bottle tightly.

I've got this.

I scoff. "Sure go ahead a call me whatever you want, Sara. But we would have one less bitch in this world if your dad would have just pulled out seventeen years ago."

Everybody starts laughing, hooting and hollering. "Take that, Sara!" People scream. Sara's face reddens and Vince burys his face in my hair trying to control his laughter. Even Sara's friends chuckle.

"FUCK YOU ALL!" Sara screams at the top of her lungs. "At least I'm not a fucking drug addict!"

"At least I'm not some fucking whore!" I yell back. Vince is on his feet, face like thunder, eyes holding a dangerous warning.

"Say that again and I will be right back on your boyfriend the next time I see him. And this time I won't stop until he's lying unconscious covered in his own blood." Vince threatens, no one dares to say anything. Sara gulps her face full of panic.

"Fine." She manages to choke out before walking away, looking pale. Nobody moves for about a minute.

"Don't worry, I won't kill anyone." Vince reassures everyone and the music is turned back on. In a matter of seconds everyone is laughing again.

"Can we talk?" Vince asks me. I nod and let him lead me outside. People outside are smoking and getting sick.

Such a lovely sound.

We walk by a couple of people smoking weed and I can barley see with all the smoke that's being blown.

Vince stops walking when were a safe distance from the house and pulls me into his arms.

"Be honest with me, Dylan. Are you ok?" I see the worry in his eyes.

"I'm fine, Vince. I know she was just saying that to get me to react."

Vince takes in a deep breath. "So it doesn't bother you at all?"

"No, it really doesn't. I have no control over it."

Vince nods and rest his forehead against mine. I lift my head up to kiss his nose, earning a gorgeous smile from him. "Tell me if it ever bothers you, ok?" Vince tells me.

What Vince is talking about is me doing drugs. One day when I was telling the story to Dana, someone over heard me and thought I was a drug addict. For about a week people teased me and asked if I was high. I wasn't hurt because the person who started the rumor had all the facts wrong. Besides I don't let shit like that bother me.

Vince being Vince threaten to kill anyone who called me a drug addict. The truth is I've never been a drug addict. My biological mom was. I was actually born with drugs in my body. I had crack and heroin in my body when I was a baby. I had them taken out of my body thankfully.

Those were my mom's favorite drugs . Vince was shocked when I told him this. He didn't find it funny when people were acting like I was the one doing the drugs. He nearly was suspended for fighting a group of guys. He ended fighting them at some park and they didn't have chance even though there was three of them.

"I promise you, I'm ok. Sara can say whatever kind of shit she wants but I'm not going to let that bother me."

"Damn, babycakes. It's so hot when your all strong, not giving a shit about what people say."

I chuckle as Vince seals his lips over mind. I tease him not letting enough access for him to slip is tongue inside my mouth. He moans as he fights his way in and I surrender letting him in. Vince tangles his hands in my hair cupping my face. He tugs deeper, controlling the kiss. I press my body against his and he let's out a low growl. He's turned on and I can feel his cock straining against his jeans.

"Fuck, Dylan." Vince moans. I kiss him one last time before breaking the kiss. I smirk at Vince as he adjust himself in his jeans. "Thank God we stopped. I was about to come in my jeans. It's very hard to hide a boner in public." Vince grins and I tuck my head under his chin.

"To be continued." Vince says and we walk back inside. We go back inside and grab another beer. Vince sits back on the couch with me on his lap. He keeps whispering dirty things into my ear, kissing my neck every now and then.

I try talking to Megan, Amber and Melissa but Vince keeps distracting me.

"Your going to have to wait till later." I say as Vince lightly kisses my neck. "Hmm I could just take you right now, baby. In front of everyone."

"So what, your gonna dry fuck me against the wall?" I ask and Vince's eyes widen.

"Well, I was just gonna bend you over the table but I'm open to suggestions." Vince runs his hands down my legs and I really want him to be inside me. I'm so tempted to let him take me upstairs now, but it's still early. "Later, babe." I say and kiss him hard to hold him over.

Dana's POV

The next day I wake up from the stupid sun shining through my window. I groan getting out of bed and go get ready for the day.

When I'm doing my hair I relize it could use some touching up. I have dark hair like Dylan, but my hair is about one shade lighter. At the ends of my hair I have  dark emerald green tips. I thought about getting the highlights but just decided on getting the tips.

My phone buzzes and it's a text from my friend Megan. Megan and Dylan want to meet up at the mall. I text her back and say I'll be there in about 45 minutes. I finish my makeup and head to the kitchen.

There's not much to eat in the cupboard so I settle on eating a apple. That's a boring ass breakfast. I hear footsteps behind me and turn to see my mom.

Ugh, I thought I wouldn't have to see her this morning.

"Morning, dear."

I make a face. I hate when she calls me those names.

Gag.

"Hey." I mumble.

"I'm sorry about not having much to eat for breakfast. I'll go shopping today. But at least your keeping the doctor away." My mom tries to joke and I force a smile.

"A apple a day will keep anyone away, if you throw it hard enough" is the motto I like to follow.

"I'm going to the mall." I inform my mom as I get my keys.

"That's fine but I want you back by 5:00."

I roll my eyes. I'm eighteen for fucks sake. Do I really need to be told when to come home? "Why? I'm eighteen. I think I should be able to come home later?"

"For one thing, you still live in my house so you live under my rules."

"Oh please, mother. The only reason I'm a year behind is because you couldn't get your ass up to take me to school." My mom frowns knowing I'm right.

"Dana, I'm sorry but life was complicated back then." I shake my head rolling my eyes. And guess who's fucking fault that was? My parents. You shouldn't have kids if you can't handle it.

"Whatever. Why do you need me to come home early?" I tap my foot impatiently.

"Your dad wants to have his employees over. He has a couple of new people in his field so he thought he would have them over for dinner."

I freeze.

Oh shit I'm definitely not coming home. Fuck, how am I going to get out of this? My dad is a mechanical engineer and he's the boss of this one section. He likes to have them over to discuss stuff .

"Yeah, ok, whatever." I snap at my mom rushing out of the door. I get into my car and practically speed towards the mall. It's easy to spot Dylan and Megan in the parking lot.

Megan is a bit of a girly girl so she wears cheerful colors. Dylan like me is wearing dark colors. We're not necessarily goth, but are wardrobe consist of black, purple and blue. All dark colors.

We don't have the midnight black hair or dark makeup however. I walk quickly over to them.

"We have a problem!" I say panic on my face.

"What's wrong?" Megan ask me with wide eyes. I take a deep breath forcing myself to calm down.

"My dad is having his employees come over to dinner."

"You mean?" Dylan ask knowing where this is heading.

"Yes! I can't. . . I can't, you know." Dylan pulls me into my arms. Remember how I said I cut my leg open one night? Let's just say someone who works for my dad had something to do with that.

I've always had issues in relationships but what I went through a year ago just tore me apart. "It will be ok, Dana. Dylan and I will keep you busy so you don't have to go home." Megan reassures me and we head into the mall.

"I love you, bitches." I say giving them both a hug.

"We love you too, Dana." They both laugh.

Inside I'm fucking scared. There's no way in hell I'm going home. Why do I get myself in this shit? I'm so stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I take a deep breath and relax. I'm shopping with two of my main bitches, so let's enjoy it.

"Look at this!" Megan squeals, holding up some lacy underwear.

"Those are sexy, slut." I tease Megan.

Megan flicks me off and smirks."Bitch, fight me. What do you think? Should I buy them?"

I glance over at Dylan. Dylan shrugs. "They would look good on you. And I'm sure Steve wouldn't mind them." Dylan winks and Megan giggles.

Steve is Megan's crush and she really wants more than a friendship again. They dated for six months when they sixteen but then broke up. It's clear they still like each other but their both being a dumb for acting like there over each other.

Steve actually popped Megan's cherry. I remember how scared Megan was but Dylan told her if she really is comfortable with Steve then she would be fine. It was Steve's second time so it wasn't like he was very experienced.

"Buy them. And then find excuse to strip off in front of Steve."

Megan gives me a naughty smile and puts them in her shopping tote. I walk over to Dylan who's looking at bras.

"Getting anything?" I ask as Dylan holds up a bra.

"Not sure. I might get something."

I smirk. "Vince would sure like that bra."

Dylan raises a eyebrow. "You think?"

"Of course he would, bitch. Didn't he door fuck you once because you were walking around in a sexy bra?"

Dylan laughs and her cheeks turn red. "Maybe."

I remember her telling me and I almost died laughing. Vince thinks Dylan looks sexy in anything and will take her practically anywhere. There's been plenty of times I caught him eye-fucking her at parties.

We end up checking out and head to the food court. "The boys are heading over here." Dylan says as we sit down.

"Aren't they out on their motorcycle?" Megan ask sipping her Coke.

"Yeah, but their around here, so they're coming to meet us."

I nod not caring. As long as I don't have to go home. We finish lunch and head outside where the boys are. They look like models waiting on there bikes. Vince immediately opens his arms when he sees Dylan.

Garebear pecks me on the cheek before giving me a bear hug. "Hey, Megan." Vince says placing Dylan on his lap. "Hey, guys." Megan smiles.

We chat for bit and I inform the boys on why I don't want to go home and tell them if they have anything they want to do, speak now.

"I have to go place the cake order for my brother if you want to come." Vince offers. I nod and hug the others goodbye. I follow Vince to the bakery and we place the cake order.

I have to stay out for a while longer. This is dumb. I should just go home and face the music but I can't. I'm not ready and I'm not sure if I ever will be.

Dylan's POV

I walk inside my house and head to the kitchen. I grab a bottle of water and sit at a bar stool. I'm scrolling through my Instagram feed when my dad walks in.

"Dylan, I was hoping to talk to you."

I sigh not really wanting to talk but I put my phone down and turn to him.

"What's up?" I ask.

"I know you and your mother have been arguing lately, and I just want to say I'm on your side."

I raise a eyebrow and stare at my dad. "I'm confused. You also got mad when I went to go see my other family."

My dad sighs and rubs his temples. "I was mad, Dylan. I'm going to be honest, that offended us. I was shocked that you would do something so dangerous behind our back."

"I'm sorry but I just really wanted to know if she was alive. She could have been dead or in jail. I just thought if I saw her, I could move on." I explain.

Something happened during my childhood that no one knows. I've tried to forget about it but it keeps coming back to haunt me. I have some weird fears and many people want to know why I have them. Of course I make up a lie because I'm scared to say the truth. My whole life is made up of lies that I have to tell people.

"That's just it, Dylan, you didn't see her." My dad stares at me.

I nod, even though that's not the truth. I did see her, but Vince and I agreed to keep that a secret.

"So what I want to talk to you about is maybe moving out. I -"
"Wait! Are you kicking me out?" I cut my dad off.

"No, Dylan. That's not it at all. I was saying maybe you and I should move out."

I stare at my dad wondering if he's drunk or something. My dad rarely drinks, but he might me stressed or something.

"Can you repeat that?" I'm still wondering if I heard him right.

"Would you want to move out? I know you and your mom aren't getting along and I don't think it's healthy for Milly to be objected to this."

I take a second to process what's happening. I could move out with my dad? That's something I never thought I hear.

"Would we actually move out or is this a joke?"

"We would actually move out. I just don't think living in a atmosphere like this is healthy."

I nod agreeing. I've never gotten along with my parents but most of my anger is taken out on my mom. I'm pretty sure it's because I remember my real mom.

Like I said before, I don't know who my dad is. Neither does Milly but we know we don't share the same dad.

My biological mother had me at sixteen. She had Milly at twenty four. The possibility of us sharing the same dad is very small. When my biological mom had Milly she was immediately taken away. Just like me Milly was born with drugs in her body.

Once she was clean of drugs she was adopted by our parents. I was excited to have a younger sister. Apparently, my biological mom had a couple of abortions before Milly. But I'm not sure if that's 100% true.

Dana was so mad when she became the only musketeer to have no sibling. It's not like Milly and Aaron aren't like her younger siblings though. We all grew up so close, it's hard to remember we're just friends.

Anyway I don't know my dad and probably never will. I'm fine with that but am still a little curious.

"Have you discussed this with mom?" I ask. I'm pretty sure he has.

"Nope. Not yet."

My mouth drops open. I'm shocked. What is his plan? Does he thinks we are just going to get up and leave? "Um . . . don't you think you should."

My dad just shrugs.

"What the hell? How could you not know, dad?" I'm so confused right now.

"I'm not sure what I'm going to do, Dylan. I'm pretty sure you can tell our relationship has been kind of rocky lately. I'm not sure what's going to happen." My dad stands up and thinks for a moment.

I sit here confused. My parents relationship has been rough lately but I can't just see my dad not leaving without telling my mom. So what will happen? Divorce? My dad's side of the family doesn't believe in divorce. There's no way he could tell his siblings he's filing for divorce.

I shake my head trying to figure out what I should say. The only thing my parents really fight about is . . . well me. They never agree on how to parent me. My mom thinks house arrest is the answer, while my dad just takes away my phone. I like my dad's punishment because I also have another phone.

"Think about what I said, Dylan." My dad tells me interrupting my thoughts.
"When do I have to get back to you?" "Just tell me when your ready." My dad goes up stairs leaving me with my thoughts.

I call Vince and tell him I'm coming over. When I arrive to his house his little brother opens the door. "Hi, Dylan." Aaron greets me. "Hey, buddy." I bend down to hug him and he informs me Vince and Garrett are upstairs.

I walk in the room to fine Garret pinning Vince to the ground, with his full body weight.

"Umm. . ." I laugh giving them a "what the fuck" look.
"Hey, Dyl." They both say.

I raise my eyebrows, smiling.

"Vince says he gets to pick the next game on the Xbox, so I'm wrestling him so I can pick." Garebear smirks.

"Yeah, and this dick is actually good at wrestling." Vince laughs pushing Garrett off of him.

I laugh because this was a very weird thing to walk in on. "Yup, you may be a good street fighter but terrible at wrestling. You sure ain't no Mayweather ." Garrett grins.

He's a boxer but close enough.

Vince stares at his best friend thinking of a comeback. Finally he opens his mouth. "You know I would tell you to 'go fuck yourself' but I'm pretty sure you would just be disappointed after."

My mouth drops open. Oh, shit.

Garrett narrows his eyes at Vince and punches him in the arm. "Hey, I'm a killer in bed." Garrett boast.

"Oh really?" I say raising a eyebrow. Garrett laughs. "Yeah, just ask Venessa."

"Or the rest of the girls in our school." Vince finishes, smirking. Garrett laughs not offended.

There is definitely no hiding he's a man whore. I shake my head laughing and sit on Vince's bed. "Ok, so can I talk to you guys about something?"

"Sure." The boys both say before sitting down beside me. "What's up, babygirl?" Garrett ask. I take a deep breath. "Well my dad asked me if I want to move out with him?"

Vince stares at me shocked. "Wait, Stacy and Ben are actually getting a divorce?"

"No. Wait, yes. No. I don't know." I mumble into my hands.

"Explain, babygirl." Garrett says. I take another deep breath. "Ok. So my dad just asked me if I want to move out with him because it's pretty clear my mom and I aren't getting along. He never really answered on the divorce part. My parents relationship has been rough lately, so I won't be surprised if they do get a divorce. I'm so confused." I look over at Vince and Garrett and there staring at me, mouth wide open.

"Babygirl, that's some complicated stuff." Garrett shakes his head. I nod. I have no idea what I'm suppose to do.

"What do you think I should do?" I ask. Vince takes my hand and sighs. "Dyl, do what will be best for you. If moving out with your dad will help, then go ahead and move out. I'm supporting you no matter what."

Garrett nods. "Yeah, babygirl, I'm with you on this as well." I lean over and kiss them on the cheek. This is why I love them. They are supportive no matter what.

"So where would you moving to?" They both ask me. "No idea. I guess the condo that he rents."

My parents rent out a condo that's actually really nice. It's only two miles away from where I live now.

"Oh, so where you live won't make much of a difference." Vince says. "Yup."

We talk a bit more about what I discussed with my dad, and then Vince and Garrett get back to there game.

"Prepare to lose in front of your girlfriend, buddy." Garrett declares.
" Cocky much?" Vince laughs.

I laugh along with my two idiot best friends, praying I'll make the right decision.

A/N  Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed.

If you haven't noticed iv changed the title from "Loved or Not" to "The Lies We Tell." I just thought it would suit the book allot better. It should make more sense later on in the book.

Sorry if there is any grammar mistakes

Don't forget to vote, comment and share :)

Thanks again!
xoxo
- Alyssa

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

7.7K 660 113
"𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘵" - @_𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨_𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭_ Book 1. Can be read as a stand-alone! [𝐁𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐥�...
551 10 37
C~She has pulled all of us from the darkness that was consuming us. She took us all away from the pain and horrors we had. And now, she is all alone...
20.5M 346K 42
#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult | #1 Romance "We all need someone to drive us mad." - The Wombats. He stared arrogantly down at me, a smirk plaste...
50K 895 34
(NOT FULLY EDITED) Madison has dealt with abuse and heart ache her whole life thinking that it was what she deserved. First her parents then her boyf...