Stormchild: Emeline and the F...

By JoyCronje

A Grimdark Fantasy Novel of Epic proportions. In the North Mountains an ancient danger lurks, a powerful bein... More

0 Stormchild
1 Girl Child
2 Myths and Legends
3 First Dream
4 Prophecy
5 Blackblood Cleaver
6 Wölvi and Kat
7 Warrior's Dream
8 Red Field
9 Ysberg
10 Ysbrug
11 Enter the Mage
12 Bleeding Town
13 Mountain
14 Betrayal
15 Battle
16 Daughter of the Desert
17 Father of Time
18 Ocean of Sand
19 Aftermath
20 Dry
21 Chase
22 Apprentice
23 Search
24 End
25 Rescue I
PART III: THE IMMORTALS
26 The First Dream
27 Mistress of Tales
28 Gathering
29 Burden of His Task
30 Vargin the Immortal
31 Path
32 Dark Woman
33 Rishtai
34 Sand Spirit
Limited Character Profiles
PART IV: FINALE
35 Rescue II
36 Traitor
37 Vow
38 Fire
39 Dreamer
40 The Book
41 Kleintjie's Inn
42 Journey to the Book
43 Guiselia's Cave
44 The Golden Pages I
45 The Golden Pages II
46 Rebirth
47. Selah
48. Awakening
49. Apart (I)
Rise of the Last Apprentice: Scum
Rise of the Last Apprentice: Fiends
Rise of the Last Apprentice: Masters
Rise of the Last Apprentice: Sacrifice
49. Apart (II)
VARGIN RISING (30y ago)
what was and is and is to come

Introduction to Emeline's Reality

2.2K 82 42
By JoyCronje

ERDIL

The Skävain name for Earth is Erdil (meaning "earthen land"). Erdil has three continents, the largest of which is Öldeim.

Öldeim is separated into four recognised countries, split by two of the three major rivers.

North Öldeim is separated from the other three countries by the Grùwoud (meaning "great woods"), a forest spanning the width of the continent. North Öldeim is also called the "Realm of Skävian Rule". The Lord of its capital city Skävia is king in all but name.

Sheia Desert is south east of the Grùwoud, beyond the Vanger River, and its borders mark the Sheia Kingdom. The Sheians worship the desert as a deity and live under the rule of one king.

The other two countries and other continent are not relevant in book one.

TRӒUMENIL

Träumenil (meaning "dream land") is the second plane of existence, above Erdil and below the Immortals' Götteril. Träumenil is not like the other planes of existence in that it does not have specific inhabitants and the reality itself is fluid, adapting to those who enter it in dreams and to the will of those who have the power to influence it. Things that happen in this dream world affect Erdil in varying degrees. For example, if you die in Träumenil, chances are you will die on Erdil too.

Upon entering Träumenil, Erdilers always see the same thing at first—a dust road leading off into the distance. Many mortals enter this dream world rarely, if at all, though it is more common for northerners to visit this plane.

GÖTTERIL

Götteril (meaning "gods' land") is the third plane of existence, the land of the Immortals. It is above Erdil and Träumenil. There is a spiritual lustre to everything in it, and all manner of oddity, much of which would be impossible in Erdil.

The Immortals in this plane of existence exert a certain measure of power over Erdil and Träumenil, limited by the will and command of the Fathers. 

THE HEAVENS

The Heavens is the uppermost (fourth) plane of existence, where the omnipotent, triune Fathers rule over all creation and every other plane of existence. It is ethereal and dynamic in the highest sense, and any created being from any other plane of existence cannot see the Heavens just as they are and live.

PS

I present for your ease of reference, a naughty no-no for real books—an explanation of what's going on haha. I'm planning to mix this info in on draft two, but draft two is years away. Does this help you make sense of the different planes of existence? Or is it just confusing? Also, just in case you didn't pick up my hint, this is a first draft from a discovery writer, which means some chapters will be truly rough territory for you to tread. Feel free to leave lengthy commentary on what you think should be changed or improved for inclusion in the (eventual) draft two.

© Joy Cronjé 2015

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 745 10
Warning: 18+ ABO worldကို အခြေခံရေးသားထားပါသည်။စိတ်ကူးယဉ် ficလေးမို့ အပြင်လောကနှင့် များစွာ ကွာခြားနိုင်ပါသည်။
798K 28.2K 101
When Grace returns home from college, it doesn't go like she thought it would. With her past still haunting her everyday choices, she discovers a sid...
14.1K 529 28
johnson Kim, Real name; Kim Lee A 20 years old expressionless guy and a music artist reincarnated into a fantasy game-like world after dying fr...
1.1M 78.3K 22
#Book-2 in Lost Royalty series (But can be read standalone ) Ekaksh Singh Ranawat The callous heartless , sole heir of Ranawat empire, which is spr...