Slayers and Guardians Book Tw...

By heartofice97

Zoey Francis learned last book that she and her mother Layla come from a long line of gypsies, as Jenny Calen... More

characters
chapter 1 - When They Were Bad
chapter 2 - Some Assembly Required
chapter 4 - Inca Mummy Girl
chapter 5 - Reptile Boy
chapter 6 - Halloween
chapter 7 - Lie to Me
chapter 8 - The Dark Age
chapter 9 - What's My Line, Part 1
chapter 10 - What's My Line, Part 2
chapter 11 - Ted
chapter 12 - Bad Eggs
chapter 13 - Surprise
chapter 14 - Innocence
chapter 15 - Phases
chapter 16 - Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered
chapter 17 - Passion
chapter 18 - Killed By Death
chapter 19 - I Only Have Eyes For You
chapter 20 - Go Fish
chapter 21 - Becoming, Part 1
chapter 22 - Becoming, Part 2

chapter 3 - School Hard

291 18 18
By heartofice97

Into every generation, there are Chosen Ones. A Slayer will stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness. With each Slayer comes a Guardian. They are protectors of the innocent.

Day One

Morning - Sunnydale High School - Snyder's Office

Snyder was lecturing Buffy, Brooke, Brady and a student named Sheila. "I say, 'think of me as your judge, jury and executioner'. Tell me, who do you think is the most troublesome student in this school? Well, it is quite a match between the four of you. On the one hand, Buffy, Brooke and Brady haven't stabbed a horticulture teacher with a trowel."

"I didn't stab anyone with a trowel," Sheila replied. "They were pruning shears."

"On the other hand, Sheila has never burned down a school building," Snyder told them.

"Well, that was never proven," Brooke told him. "The fire Marshall said it could've been mice."

"Mice?" Snyder repeated skeptically.

Buffy stammered nervously. "Mice that were smoking?"

"The four of you seem to be tied in the class cutting and fight starting events," Snyder told them. "You really are neck and neck here. It's quite exciting."

"What does the winner get?" Brady asked.

"Expelled," Snyder answered. They looked at him in shock. "Thursday is parent-teacher night. Your parents, assuming you have any, will meet your teachers, assuming you have any left. I've decided to put the four of you in charge of this event. You have three days to prepare the habitable place for adults. This will incur my good will. And may affected what I tell your parents when I meet them. Are we clear?"

"We're clear," Brady answered.

Buffy looked at Sheila. "Don't you feel clear?"

Sheila just looked at them.

Brooke looked at Snyder, nodding. "We're very clear."

"Good," Snyder told them. "Because you mess this time, and your parents will be coming to clean out your lockers."

Outside

The bell rang, releasing school. Buffy, Brady, Brooke and Sheila walked outside.

"Well, it shouldn't be that hard," Buffy told them. "We can work on the banners at lunch tomorrow and figure out refreshments then?"

"Yeah, sure," Brady answered. "Whatever."

Sheila walked away. "Hey, meatpie."

The rest of the Scoobies met up with the Summers siblings.

"Snyder's got you guys making party favors, huh?" Xander asked.

"His four worst students," Brooke told them. "That's what Mom sees when she looks at us. Sheilas."

Sheila kissed an older boy with long, blonde hair.

"Well, Sheila's definitely intense," Zoey told her. "That guy with her? That's the guy she can bring home to mother. She was already smoking in fifth grade. Once I was lookout for her."

Eric looked at Zoey. "You're bad to the bone."

"Oh, yeah, I'm a rebel," Zoey told them sarcastically.

"Compared to me?" Willow asked. "You actually are, Zoey."

Zoey smiled.

"It's not exactly fair," Alice told them. "Buffy's the Slayer. Brooke is a Guardian like me. Brady's a hunter. That requires a certain amount of cutting and fighting. What's Sheila's excuse?"

"Homework," Carmen answered. "She won't do it. And most teachers respect that now. Oh, you might wanna keep away any sharp implements when you're working with her."

"Do you think any other Slayers or Guardians ever had to go to high school?" Eric asked. "Or witches? Gypsies? Hunters?"

"It's no biggie," Xander told them. "You'll have a nice soire'e. The parents will love it. As long as nothing really bad happens between now and then, you'll be fine."

"Are you crazy?" Buffy asked. "What did you say that for? Now something bad is gonna happen."

"What do you mean?" Xander asked. "Nothing's gonna happen."

"Yeah," Willow told him. "Not until some dummy says, 'as long as nothing bad happens'."

"It's the ultimate jinx," Carmen told him. "Shame on you."

"What were you thinking?" Willow asked. "Or were you even thinking at all?"

The girls each gave Xander looks of exasperation, walking away.

Eric looked at Xander in amusement. "You should feel so ashamed."

"Well, you guys don't know," Brady told them. "Maybe this time it'll be different."

Night - Park

A classic 1958 Dodge Desoto FireFlite crashed through the "Welcome to Sunnydale" sign, screeching to a halt.

The famous vampire named Spike got out, strolling over to the curb, taking a deep breath, lighting a cigarette. "Guess what, Wyatt? Home, sweet home."

∞ Slayers and Guardians ∞

Warehouse

Collin was talking to a group of vampires.

"The Master is dead," Vampire 1 told them. "Someone has to take his place."

"As long as the Slayer and Guardians are alive and having witches and gypsies and hunters helping them, whoever takes his place will be sharing his grave," Vampire 2 replied.

"Then let the soul who kills them wear his mantle," Vampire 1 suggested.

"Can you do it?" Collin asked.

Vampire 1 nodded. "Yes. This weekend, the night of St. Vigeous, our power shall be at its peak. When I kill them, it'll be the greatest even since the crucifixion. And I should know. I was there."

Spike walked in from behind them. "You were there?" He chuckled. "Oh, please! If every vampire who said he was at the crucifixion was actually there, it would have been like Woodstock."

"I oughta rip your throat out," Vampire 1 hissed.

Spike turned his back to him, strolling away. "I was actually at Woodstock. That was a weird gig. I fed off a flowerperson, and I spent the next six hours watching my hand move." Vampire 1 rushed him from behind. Spike swung his fist up without even looking, hitting him in the face, knocking him down and out. "So. Who do you kill for fun around here?"

Collin looked at him curiously. "Who are you?"

"Spike," Spike answered. "You're that Anointed guy. I read about you." He growled at Vampire 2. "You've got witches, gypsy, hunter, Slayer and Guardians problems. That's a bad piece of luck. Do you know what I find works real good with those types of problems? Killing them."

"Can you?" Collin asked.

Spike smirked. "A lot faster than Nancy boy there. Yeah, I did a couple Slayers in my time. Never was able to kill a Guardian, though. I once even broke down Wyatt Pratt, the immortal witch that has been giving you a lot of trouble lately by killing the girl he loved, nearly turned him evil. I don't like to brag." He couldn't keep a straight face. "Who am I kidding? I love to brag. There was this one Slayer during the Boxer Rebellion, and..." He sensed someone behind him, turning his head to look as he morphed into his human guise. "Drusilla." He walked toward her. "You shouldn't be walking around. You're weak."

"Look at all the people," Drusilla told him. "Are these nice people?"

Spike chuckled. "We're getting along."

Drusilla looked at Collin. "This one has power. I could feel it from the outside."

"Yeah, he's the big noise in these parts," Spike told her. "Anointed and all that."

"Do you like daisies, hmm?" Drusilla asked. "I plant them, but they always die. Everything I put in the ground withers and dies." She looked up, off into space. "Spike, I'm cold."

Spike put his jacket around her. "I've got you."

Drusilla smiled. "I'm a princess."

"That's what you are," Spike told her. Drusilla pricked Spike on the cheek with her fingernail, allowing a bead of blood to flow out, reaching up to lick it off. They moved close to kiss, but didn't, instead turning their heads to look at Collin. "Me and Dru, we're moving in." They separated. "Now, any of you want to test who's got the biggest wrinklies around here, step on up. I'll do your problems for you. But you keep your flunkies from trying anything behind my back. Deal?"

Collin nodded.

Drusilla bowed her head down, putting her hands to her temples. "I can't see them. The Slayer and Guardians. I can't see." She looked up. "It's dark where they are. Kill them. Kill them, Spike. Kill them for me?"

Spike smiled. "It's done, baby."

"Kill them for princess?" Drusilla asked.

"I'll chop them into messes," Spike told her.

"You are my sweet, my little Spike," Drusilla told him.

"How will you kill them?" Collin asked. "They have a lot of help."

"Well, that Wyatt Pratt has taught them most of what they know, hasn't he?" Spike asked, laughing in amusement. "Wyatt Pratt, immortal witch hero. He's arguably the strongest fighter they've got, magic wise. More capable, as he's had centuries to learn and grow stronger, but he holds back most of the time because he's worried about going dark side. You want to know how I'll make him go completely dark? By killing the girl he loves again, but this time it's ironically a Guardian he's in love with, I hear the rumor. So I'll just have to kill Brooke Summers first."

"How do you know so much about Wyatt Pratt?" Collin asked.

Drusilla and Spike smirked in amusement, chuckling.

Summers House - Living Room

Brooke and Brady were sitting on the couch. Joyce walked in.

Buffy was pacing through the living room, in pajamas, brushing her hair. "Ow."

"What's wrong?" Brooke asked.

"I spent a good part of my allowance on this new cream rinse, and it's neither creamy nor rinsey," Buffy answered.

Joyce chuckled. "Life is hard, dear."

"Don't we know it," Brady told her.

"I got the mail," Joyce told them.

"Good," Brady told her.

"Which included a reminder notice about parent teacher night Thursday," Joyce went on.

Brooke nodded, nervous. "That's good."

"Which you were planning on telling me about?" Joyce asked.

Brooke looked up, pretending to think about it. "Oh, for the last two weeks."

Joyce gave them an amused look. "Uh-huh. So, what do you think your teachers are gonna tell me about?"

"Well, I think they'll all agree that we always bring a pen to class, ready to absorb the knowledge," Buffy told her.

"And, uh, this absorption rate?" Joyce asked. "How is it reflected in your homework and test scores?"

Brady shrugged. "What can you really tell about a person from a test score?"

"Whether or not they're ever going out with their friends again," Joyce answered.

Brooke nodded awkwardly. "Oh, that."

"Well, I look forward to meeting your principal," Joyce told them.

"Won't that be something?" Brady asked sarcastically.

Joyce walked closer, sitting next to them. "Look, sweethearts, life is more than grades and homework and not getting kicked out of school."

"We know," Buffy told her.

"But we moved once because of you getting in trouble, and I had to start a new business, not to mention a new life in a whole new town," Joyce told them.

"And you don't wanna do it again," Brady told her.

"What I don't want is to be disappointed in you again," Joyce answered.

"Mom, that's the last thing that we want, too," Brooke told her.

Brady sighed. "We're trying, we really are."

"We just have a lot of pressure on us right now," Brooke told her.

Joyce smiled a little. "Wait till you get a job. Sleep tight."

Joyce stood, leaving the room.

Buffy looked at Brooke and Brady, sighing. "We have a job."

Day Two

Morning - Sunnydale High School - Student Lounge

Buffy, Brooke, Zoey, Alice, Carmen and Willow were working on a banner for the conferences.

"Sheila's a no-show?" Willow asked. "She goes to this really rank bar. The Fish Tank? Sometimes they have raids and other stuff that can make you tardy."

"Do you think you can help us cram some French tonight?" Zoey asked. "I don't want Mr. DeJean telling my mother I'm an imbecile."

Alice looked at Carmen. "I thought we were going to the Bronze tonight. 'Cause of how you thought Angel might show?"

Xander, Eric and Brady walked up to them.

"If he does, he'll meet some other nice girl," Xander told them mockingly. "Studying comes first."

"We're going to the Bronze," Eric told them. "We can study and party. And do parent/teacher night. Make our parents proud as long as we don't have to..."

Giles, Layla and Wyatt walked in.

"Brooke," Wyatt told her. "Buffy. Zoey. Alice. Carmen. Brady. Giles, Layla and I'd like to have a word."

"...fight vampires," Eric finished.

Giles looked at Layla. "There is nothing in the chronicles about an extraneous lunar cycle."

"The Order never accurately calculated the Mesopotamian Calendar," Layla told him. "Rupert, you have got to read something that was published after 1066."

"Very funny," Giles told her.

Layla smiled.

"Mom, you wouldn't completely kill me if my grades are not up to all As being that you know our secret, right?" Zoey asked. "And you won't kill me if I missed one too many classes?"

"We'll see," Layla told her.

"See, you have a good mother in Layla, Zoey," Alice told her. "Just like I have a good father in my dad for not killing me because he knows my responsibilities as a Guardian comes first."

"Thank you, Alice," Layla told her.

"What's up, guys?" Carmen asked.

"Um, Layla, Wyatt and I have been researching, and, well, according to our calculations, this Saturday is the night of St. Vigeous," Giles explained.

"Let me guess," Carmen told them. "He didn't make balloon animals."

"No," Wyatt answered. "He led a crusade of vampires. They swept through Edessa, Harran, and points east."

"And they didn't leave much behind," Layla told them.

"Well, if we survive parent/teacher night tomorrow, we'll see what we can do about Saturday," Carmen told them.

"You're being a tad flip, don't you think?" Giles asked. "This is serious."

"And Buffy, Brooke and Brady getting kicked out of school is laughs aplenty?" Eric asked.

"You know what happens when you let your life interfere with your slaying," Giles told them.

"Okay, well, if their slaying doesn't get them expelled, then we promise our banner making won't get them killed, okay?" Zoey asked. "Just please let us get through this week."

"This Saturday's going to need a great deal of preparation," Giles told them.

"Well, we'll help," Eric told them.

"Yeah, I'll whittle stakes," Xander agreed.

"And I can research stuff," Willow added.

"And while I'm whittling, I plan to whistle a jaunty tune," Xander added.

"Yes, your help will be greatly appreciated, but when it comes to battle, Buffy, Brooke, Alice, Carmen, Zoey, Brady and Wyatt would most likely take the danger all onto themselves," Layla told them. "I mean, after all, Wyatt and Carmen are witches. Zoey and I are gypsies. But Zoey doesn't want me to get involved too much because she wants to protect me." Zoey flashed a grin. "Same reason why Alice, Brooke and Buffy are always hesitant to let Brady help. Even though Brady has training as a hunter." Brady smirked, winking. "Alice and Brooke are the Guardians. And Buffy is the Slay..."

Snyder walked in from behind the Scoobies, so the only ones who saw him walk in were Giles, Layla and Wyatt.

"Slay-ve," Wyatt covered. "Slaves. You. You're all slaves. To the, uh, TV."

"Yes," Layla agreed.

"Young people nowadays," Giles told them. He looked at Layla. "Shall we go?"

"Mm, let's," Layla agreed.

They walked away, leaving. The others gave Wyatt a confused look. Wyatt nodded behind them. They turned to see Snyder.

Snyder walked closer. "You wouldn't be helping Buffy, Brooke and Brady in Sheila's place, would you?"

Carmen laughed nervously. "No."

"We're hindering," Alice told him.

"She ditched," Snyder told them. He took a deep breath. "Mm. I feel an expulsion coming on."

"No," Alice told him. "No, actually, Sheila's been helping us for hours."

"Um, she just went to get some more paint," Carmen told him.

Sheila came in the door behind them, taking off her glasses.

Buffy noticed Snyder looking behind her, turning around and seeing her. "Oh, is there no more teal in the art room?"

Brooke walked over to Sheila. "I know you wanted everything to be perfect, but let's just go with what we have."

"Just make sure everything is perfect on Thursday," Snyder told them, turning around, walking away.

"Thanks for covering," Sheila told them. "Guy's a serious rodent."

"No problem," Brady told her.

"Did you really burn down a school building one time?" Sheila asked.

"Well, not actually one time," Willow told her.

Sheila nodded. "Cool."

Night - The Bronze

(Song:) 1000 Nights - Nickel

Xander was dancing lamely by himself. Eric and Brady were getting drinks. The girls were sitting at a table, studying.

Zoey was trying to get her French down. "La vache... doit me... touche... de la... jeudi. Was it wrong? Should I use the plural?"

"No," Alice answered. "But you said, 'The cow should touch me from Thursday.'"

"Maybe that's what she was feeling," Carmen told them teasingly.

"And she said it wrong," Willow told them.

"Oh, je stink," Buffy told them.

"We're just not focused," Willow told them.

"I'm having some Angel missage," Carmen admitted. "He didn't say fore sure. It was a 'maybe see ya there' kinda deal."

The boys walked up to them.

"Guys, we're all alone out there," Xander told them. "Somebody has to dance with us."

"Well, we are studying," Willow told them.

"Come on," Brady told them. "One dance. You've been studying nearly 12 minutes."

"No wonder my brain's fried," Zoey told them, standing.

Buffy, Brooke and Carmen smiled, standing.

Alice and Willow started to protest. "But--"

Zoey, Buffy, Brooke and Carmen took Alice and Willow by their arms, pulling them with them and the boys onto the dance floor.

"Come on," Buffy told them.

Spike walked along, watching them.

(Song Ends)

(Song:) Stupid Thing - Nickel

Spike walked along the edge of the dance floor, studying the Scoobies intently, looking over all of them, studying each one. "So these are Wyatt's friends." Brady/Alice and Buffy/Eric were dancing together, smiling happily. Brooke, Carmen and Zoey were dancing lively, smiling, having a good time. Xander watched them in appreciation. Willow didn't move much, but she smiled widely, enjoying herself. Spike went over to Vampire 1 at the bar. "Go get something to eat." Vampire 1 left to do as told. Spike walked over to some people near where the Scoobies were dancing, speaking loudly to make sure they would hear. "Where's the phone? I need to call the police. There's some big guy out there trying to bite somebody."

Buffy, Brooke and Alice ran from the dance floor. Brady, Zoey and Carmen were close behind. Spike watched them go.

(Song Ends)

Alley

Vampire 1 was feeding on a woman. Alice and Brooke ran outside, pulling Vampire 1 off of the woman, throwing him against the wall, making him fall.

Vampire 1 somersaulted, rolling up to his feet, seeing Buffy, Brady, Zoey and Carmen run outside behind Alice and Brooke. "You."

"Slayee," Brooke replied.

Buffy did a roundhouse kick to Vampire 1's face. Vampire 1 swung at her, but she sidestepped the blow, swinging back. Vampire 1 grabbed her arm, swinging her around, throwing her toward the others. Alice and Brooke caught Buffy in the air in front of them so that she didn't get hurt. Zoey pulled off her necklace, which glowed with purple power, as well as her hands as she threw the power into Vampire 1, sending him flying back, making him fall. Vampire 1 was very burned and weakened by the gypsy power. Carmen levitated up to kick Vampire 1 in the face, using her telekinesis power to throw him into a metal roll up door, making him hit it hard and high and fall to the ground, landing on her feet. Alice and Brooke lowered Buffy to the ground. Vampire 1 jumped up to try to hit Brady. Brady ducked, making his fist hit the metal door behind him, blocking another punch, punching him in the face repeatedly. Xander, Willow and Eric ran outside.

"Get her out of here!" Brooke told them.

Willow grabbed the woman, pulling her away out of danger.

Vampire 1 knew that Spike was watching them. "Spike! Gimme a hand!"

They looked over at Spike, who was watching from the shadows. Brooke used her red Guardian energy power to grab Vampire 1, levitating him in the air, pulling her hands away from each other forcefully to rip the vampire apart with a thought, making him fall into ashes. Spike walked out of the shadows, slowly clapping his hands. They looked at him in confusion.

"Nice work, guys," Spike told them.

"Who are you?" Brooke asked.

"Ask your boyfriend Wyatt," Spike told her. "Tell him I'll see him on Saturday."

"What happens on Saturday?" Eric asked.

"I kill Brooke here in front of my brother," Spike told them.

Everyone was shocked by the fact that Spike was Wyatt's brother that he had enough time to leave before they could try to fight him.

∞∞

In the alley outside the Bronze, Sheila walked out with two guys as they walked along the alley. "All right, which one's Dwayne and which one's Dell? Don't tell me. Dell's the one with the tattoos. You guys weren't lying about having a Cadillac, were you? 'Cause I'm crazy about a Cad. Just the feel of the leather makes me wanna..." She had gotten a bit ahead of them, stopping to look back, but they were gone. "Where'd you go? What's going on?" She started to walk slowly, looking around. "Where are you guys? Not funny." She turned around, startled to see Spike. "Who are you?"

"Who do you want me to be?" Spike replied.

"Did you see..." Sheila trailed off.

"Those two losers who thought they were good enough for you?" Spike finished.

"What happened to them?" Sheila asked.

Spike smirked. "They got sleepy. And you got something a whole lot better."

Spike slowly walked past her, knowing that she would follow.

Sheila followed. "Hey, wait up. What's your name?"

The camera panned down to Dwayne and Dell, dead in a pile of trash.

Day Three

Morning - Sunnydale High School - Library

The entire team was gathered. Jenny was here too.

Wyatt had been told about the night before, processing. "Spike. That's what the other vampire called him?"

"And he said that he would 'kill Brooke in front of my brother' on Saturday," Xander answered. "He was talking about you when he said that."

"Spike?" Giles asked. "That's a little unorthodox, isn't it?"

"The name of a guy that killed Wyatt's first love to try to turn him evil," Eric told them.

"Wishful thinking, but maybe Spike's reformed?" Zoey asked.

Wyatt sighed, sitting down, reeling. "Spike's real name's William. He hasn't gone by that since he was human, before I turned immortal."

"Bad memories tied with the name?" Buffy asked.

"We'll need all the help we can get come this Saturday," Layla told them.

"So, this night of St. Vigeous deal," Xander told them. "If they're gonna attack in force, aren't we thinking vacation?"

"We can't run," Brooke told them. "That would be wrong."

"Could we hide?" Willow asked. "I mean, if that Spike guy is leading the attack..."

"Wyatt, you said that you wanted to stay away from Spike all this time after what he did to you," Alice told him. "But he's a single vampire. You could have killed him with ease if you had even tried to."

"You said you tried to kill him," Buffy told him. "But you never could. Could you?"

"No," Wyatt answered. "I never knew why I couldn't bring myself to kill him."

"I know why," Eric told him. "Because even after everything, he was still your brother. No matter what he did. You couldn't kill him. Because he was still blood."

"He can't be any worse than any other creature we've faced," Giles told them.

Angel suddenly appeared. "He's worse." They looked at him. "Once he starts something, he doesn't stop until everything in his path is dead. He nearly got Wyatt to lose his mind after killing his girlfriend all those years ago. He won't stop until he does it for real."

Brady nodded sarcastically, nervous about what this meant for his sister. "Hmm. So, he's thorough. Goal-oriented."

Carmen looked at Angel. "We were at the Bronze before. Thought you said you might show."

"You said you weren't sure if you were going," Angel told her.

"I was being cool," Carmen told him. "Come on, you've been dating for, what, like, two hundred years? You don't know what a girl means when she says maybe she'll show?"

"Wow," Willow told them. "Two centuries of dating. If you only had two a year, that's still, like, 400..." Carmen gave her a look. "Dates with four hundred different..."

"Hey, Willow," Zoey told her. "Foot meets mouth. Subject change. Why do they call it a mace?"

"Uh, we do have slightly more urgent matters to discuss," Giles agreed.

"Yeah, like keeping our mom away from Principal Snyder tomorrow night?" Brooke asked.

"And not dying Saturday," Jenny told her.

"Angel?" Layla asked. "Wyatt? What else can you tell us about Spike?"

Wyatt sighed. They all looked toward where Angel had been, but he had disappeared. The library doors finished shutting.

"Okay, that's it," Xander told them. "I'm putting a collar with a little bell on that guy."

Wyatt was angry at his brother, overwhelmed.

Brooke looked at him in concern. "Wyatt? You okay?"

Wyatt stood. "More worried about you than I am about myself, Brooke."

Wyatt walked away. Everyone looked at each other worriedly.

"Wyatt was never able to bring himself to kill his brother," Buffy told them.

"We can't blame him for that," Brady told them.

Alice sighed. "So if it comes to it, then I'll kill him."

Xander nodded sarcastically. "This should be fun."

Night - Drusilla's Room

There was chanting going on elsewhere. The camera panned from the bed past the TV and lamp over to her collection of porcelain dolls.

Drusilla picked up a doll, turning it to face away. "Miss Edith speaks out of turn. She's a bad example, and will have no cakes today. Shh."

Spike walked up behind her. "Darling, are you going to eat something?"

Drusilla shook her head, pouting. "I'm not hungry. I miss Prague."

Spike scoffed. "You nearly died in Prague. Idiot mob. This is the place for us." He led her to the bed. "The Hellmouth will restore you, put color in your cheeks, metaphorically speaking, and in a few week's time..."

Drusilla laid back on the bed. "The stars will align, and smile down on us."

Spike leaned over her. "And then, God, this town will burn."

Drusilla giggled. "A pretty fire." Spike rolled over her, laying down next to her. Drusilla heard the chanting. "They're preparing."

Spike nodded. "St. Vigeous is coming up. Should be a party."

Sheila was tied up and gagged with her hands hanging from a hook above her.

Drusilla looked at Spike. "You should go up with them and cleanse."

"Dru..." Spike trailed off.

"The boy doesn't trust you," Drusilla pointed out. "They follow him." She sat up. "I think sometimes that all my hair will fall out and I'll be bald."

Spike sat up. "Never happen. All right." He stood. "I'll go up and get chanty with the fellas, but you go to do me one favor." He walked toward Sheila, taking her off the hook. "Eat something."

Spike handed Sheila to Drusilla, leaving.

Drusilla turned Sheila to the dolls. "You see, Miss Edith?" She shifted to her vampire visage. "If you'd been good, you could watch with the rest."

Sheila looked at Drusilla, unable to scream because of the gag. Drusilla roared, moving in for a quick, violent bite.

Day Four

Morning - Sunnydale High School - Library

The entire team was getting ready for a fight they would think would be on Saturday.

Brady checked the crossbow, holding it up without an arrow, pulling the trigger to make sure it didn't jam.

Jenny and Layla walked behind Brady with extra pieces of wood to make stakes, setting them on the table between Willow, Eric, Cordelia and Xander, who were whittling away.

Brooke, Alice, Zoey, Layla, Wyatt and Carmen were practicing with their powers.

Buffy held up a large sharp machete, then started chopping cucumber, preparing a vegetable tray.

Willow was researching.

"For three nights the unholy ones scourge themselves into a fury, um, culminating in a savage attack on the night of St. Vigeous," Giles told them.

"Does anybody remember when Saturday night meant date night?" Zoey asked.

"You sure don't," Cordelia told her.

Zoey gave her a sarcastic look.

"Ooh, parents start arriving in an hour," Eric told them. "Okay, so, um, banners are in place."

"The lounge is comfy," Brooke told them. "What are we forgetting?"

"Punch?" Alice suggested.

"Punch," Brady repeated. "We need punch."

"My fingers are cramping," Cordelia told them. "How long have I been doing this?"

"Three minutes," Carmen answered.

"So, can I go now?" Cordelia asked. "They don't need this many stakes. I mean, if this guy Spike is as mean as you all said, it should be over pretty quickly." Brooke looked up at her. "We're still all rooting for you on Saturday. I'd be there for you myself if I didn't have a leg wax."

"You guys hold down the fort," Buffy told them. "We're punch bound."

Buffy, Brooke and Brady left the library. Once they were gone, Xander and Cordelia both reached over and grabbed something off of the vegetable tray.

Alice gave them a look. "No."

They both put them back.

Night - Sunnydale High School - Student Lounge

Buffy and Brooke were doling out the punch into cups. The other girls walked up to her.

"What kinda punch did you make?" Willow asked.

"Uh, lemonade," Buffy answered, handing Zoey a cup. "We made it fresh and everything."

Brooke handed out more cups.

"How much sugar did you use?" Carmen asked.

Zoey sighed, taking a sip.

"Sugar?" Brooke repeated.

Zoey grimaced at the incredibly sour taste, putting the cup down. "It's very good."

The girls couldn't drink it.

"Okay, now all we have to do is keep our mother and Snyder from crossing paths for the rest of the night," Brooke told them.

Brady walked toward them.

Alice saw Joyce. "Hi, Mrs. Summers."

"Hi, Alice," Joyce told her. "Zoey, Carmen, Willow." They smiled. Joyce looked at her kids. "Hi, sweeties. Did you, uh, do all this?"

"Yeah," Brady answered, picking up a cup. "Um, here, have some lemonade." He saw Snyder behind them. "Right after Zoey, Alice, Carmen and Willow show you the library."

"Buffy, Brooke and Brady have to stay here and host," Willow told her. "It's fine."

"Great," Carmen told them. "The library."

Alice remembered the others were creating the arsenal, shaking her head. "Uh, um, ooh, no. Everyone is..."

"Locked in there studying," Zoey told them. "Right."

"French class it is," Willow told them.

Zoey, Alice, Carmen and Willow led Joyce away.

Snyder walked up to Buffy, Brady and Brooke. "Was that your mother?"

Buffy grabbed a cup and a ladle full of lemonade and turned toward him. "Here." She faked a spill all over his clothes. "Oh, sorry!"

"Um, yeah," Brooke answered. "Yeah, we were gonna introduce you, but, um..."

"She wouldn't have said much," Brady told him. "You know, she doesn't speak a word of English."

Snyder didn't believe a word of it, and made tracks to follow the others.

Brady, Brooke and Buffy let out a worried moan and looked up at the clock. 6:15.

Later

Cordelia, Xander and Eric walked toward Buffy, Brady and Brooke.

"Giles, Layla and Jenny have us locked up in that library working on your weapons," Xander told them. "Even slaves get minimum wage."

Cordelia stared at Buffy's face.

"What?" Buffy asked.

"You're starting to look a little slagged," Cordelia told her. "What, are you just skipping foundation entirely now?"

"Cordelia, we have at least three lives to content with," Eric told her. "None of which really mesh. It's kind of like oil and water and... a third unmeshable thing."

"Yeah, and I can see the oil in your girlfriend's face, Eric," Cordelia told him.

Buffy and Eric rolled their eyes, to the other's amusement. They all saw Zoey, Alice, Carmen, Willow and Joyce returning to the hallway.

"Oh, hey," Xander told them. "There's your mom. Didn't know she was with Zoey, Alice, Carmen and Willow."

Cordelia smirked. "Now that is a woman that knows how to moisturize. Did it, like, skip a generation?"

Joyce chuckled. "Well, I believe that I have seen every classroom on campus, and just as I get there all your teachers miraculously have stepped out."

Zoey, Alice, Carmen and Willow smirked, proud of themselves.

Willow noticed Snyder coming back into the room. "Oh! Um, but you haven't seen the boiler room yet."

Xander nodded. "And, you know, that's really interesting. What with the boiler being in the room and all."

"Right," Alice told them.

"Exactly," Carmen told them.

Snyder walked up to them.

Joyce offered her hand to him. "Hi. I'm Joyce Summers. I'm Brooke, Brady and Buffy's mother."

Snyder ignored her hand. "Principal Snyder. I'm afraid we need to talk. My office is down here."

Joyce followed Snyder to his office. Cordelia watched them go with a huge smile on her face.

"He didn't look very happy," Brooke told them.

"But you did such a good job," Eric told them.

"When they're done talking..." Alice trailed off.

"What?" Carmen asked.

"My guess?" Cordelia asked. "Tenth high school reunion, they'll still be grounded."

"Cordelia?" Zoey asked. "Have some lemonade."

Cordelia walked over to the punch table. The others gave Zoey an amused look.

Library

Wyatt, Giles, Layla and Jenny were still in the library. Wyatt was gazing off.

"Wyatt?" Layla asked. "You wanna talk about it?"

"About my brother Spike?" Wyatt asked sarcastically. "Also known as William the Bloody. Earned his nickname by torturing his victims with railroad spikes."

"Very pleasant," Giles told him sarcastically.

"Two centuries ago, we were both human and innocent," Wyatt told them.

"And then?" Layla asked. "What happened?"

"He was turned into a monster," Wyatt answered. "He's fought two Slayers in the last century and he's killed both."

Giles was unsettled, worried. "Oh. He's killed someone you love to try to turn you insane before. He intends to do the same to Brooke. Hoping this time it will work."

Layla frowned. "He's killed two Slayers and now he's trying for a Guardian."

Giles sighed worriedly. "Maybe Xander's suggestion of running away this Saturday might have been a good one."

Student Lounge

The others were gathered. Snyder came back with Joyce.

Joyce walked toward the group, looking at Buffy, Brooke and Brady angrily. "In the car, now."

The friends exchanged a concerned look. Buffy, Brooke and Brady started to follow Joyce out, turning their heads to look at Snyder, who was going around turning off the lights. Two vampires suddenly shattered through the window, causing everyone to stop. Several more vampires followed, and they stormed into the room. The people panicked and began to run around. The vampires had lined themselves up. Carmen, Zoey, Buffy, Brooke, Brady and Alice walked ahead of everyone, standing in front of them protectively.

Spike was leading the vampires, smirking. "What can I say? I couldn't wait. Now. Where is Wyatt? This reunion has been a long time waiting."

∞∞

Spike ran forward. Brady grabbed a chair, throwing it at Spike to trip him up. Zoey took off her necklace, using her purple power to send Spike flying back into the vampires, making them all fall. Alice, Zoey and Carmen used their powers to throw all of the vampires out of the windows again, trying to keep them from getting in. Brooke used her red energy to control things around them by creating a barricade in front of the windows and doors nearly impenetrable.

"That won't keep them out for long," Brady told them.

"Let's go," Willow told them.

Alice, Eric, Buffy, Brooke and Brady ran out of the room to get to Joyce. Carmen ran to make sure that Willow and Cordelia got to safety. Zoey and Xander ran off to the library.

Outside

Spike was angrily to be locked out for now. "Get to work on breaking this barrier. Nobody gets out. Especially Wyatt and his girl."

Inside - Hallway

Alice was trying to help everyone to safety. "Everybody, this way!"

"Come on!" Eric told them.

"Come on," Buffy told them.

"Let's go!" Brooke told them.

Willow and Cordelia ran down the hallway, heading to their right, but a vampire broke in and grabbed Cordelia, who screamed.

Carmen used her power to throw the vampire off of her sister. "Hey!"

Carmen helped Willow and Cordelia into hiding into a closet, using her power to cast a protection spell on the door so they would be safe.

Library

Zoey and Xander ran into the library, joining Wyatt, Giles, Layla and Jenny.

"What the hell?" Layla asked.

"Spike and an army," Xander answered.

Wyatt was angry, exasperated. "Where's Brooke?"

"She's safe," Zoey answered.

"I'm not sure about everyone else," Giles told them worriedly.

The power went out.

Classroom

Buffy, Brooke, Alice, Carmen, Eric and Brady led a group of people including Joyce and Snyder into safety, barricading the doors, but Brooke, Alice and Carmen didn't use their powers in front of them so they didn't out their secrets.

"In here, now," Buffy told them.

The power went out.

Student Lounge

The vampires were breaking into the school through the barricades. Spike was holding a man captive.

"We cut the power," Vampire 2 from earlier told him. "Nobody got out."

"Wyatt and Brooke?" Spike asked.

Vampire 2 pointed in one direction. "Brooke is that way." He pointed in the other. "Wyatt is somewhere that way. I saw others."

"You don't know where exactly?" Spike asked, angry and exasperated, letting go of the man. "I'm a veal kind of guy. You're too old to eat." He grabbed his head, snapping his neck. "But not to kill." He looked at Vampire 2. "I feel better."

Library

Giles tried to use the phone. "They've cut the phones."

"We need Angel," Layla told them.

"None of us can leave," Xander told them.

"No, but we can astral project," Layla replied. "Gypsy power."

Zoey nodded, sitting down, holding her necklace in her hands. "I can do it."

Zoey closed her eyes to meditate and use her power to astral project out of her body and the building so she could get Angel's help.

Classroom

The others were still trapped with the group.

"Who are those people, and what do they want?" a man asked.

"I didn't get much of a look, but is there something wrong with their faces?" Joyce asked.

"Yes," Snyder answered. "PCP. It's a gang on PCP. We've gotta get out of here."

Snyder grabbed a desk, setting it in front of a window, starting to climb.

"You can't go outside," Brooke told him.

"They'll kill you," Alice told him.

"You don't tell me," Snyder told them. "I tell you."

Brady pulled him down. "They will kill everybody in this room."

"Nobody goes out, nobody comes in until we say so," Carmen told them.

"Do you understand?" Buffy asked.

"Who do you think you are?" Snyder asked.

"We're the ones that know how to stop them," Brooke answered, looking up, walking across the room, trying to find a way into the ceiling.

Joyce grabbed her by the shoulders. "Brooke, are you crazy? Look, I know you, Buffy and Brady have been accused of fighting and other things, but these guys are serious. You can't go out there."

"We know," Eric told them. "That's why we're going up there."

Eric grabbed a stool, setting it on a lab table so they could climb up into the ceiling.

"Eric..." Joyce trailed off.

"Don't worry, Mom," Brady told her.

"We'll all be okay," Alice told them.

Carmen sighed worriedly. "Hopefully."

Hallway

Spike was looking for his brother in a singsong voice. "Wy-att. Here, brother, brother. I find one of your friends first, especially your little girlfriend Brooke, I'm gonna suck them dry. Are you getting a word picture here?"

Library

Wyatt was about to leave the library to go after his brother.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey," Jenny told him. "What are you doing?"

"Wyatt," Giles told him. "Stop. There are at least three vampires in that hall. God only knows how many others in the building."

"I have to go out there," Wyatt told them.

Zoey, still here in present form, and Layla, put out a barrier of purple power to stop Wyatt from leaving. "No."

Wyatt gave them a look. "Zoey. Layla. Seriously?"

"You're safer here," Giles told him. "With help. If you go out there, who knows what he'll do to you."

"If I don't go out there, what do you think happens to everyone else?" Wyatt replied.

"At least wait until Zoey's astral form gets Angel here," Layla told him. "Just wait. Please."

"Please, Wyatt," Zoey told him.

"Whatever the hell's going on, we're not losing you to your psycho brother," Xander told him.

"Just wait," Layla told him.

Wyatt sighed in frustration and worry, testing his hand against the purple gypsy power in front of him that prevented him from leaving the library, getting shocked by it, making him pull his hand back slightly.

Hallway

Spike could hear them in the library from here, smirking. "I see your friends are trying to protect Wyatt, but they can't hold you back for long, little brother." He heard activity in the ceiling, as the others were crawling through the ceiling space. "People are in the ceiling."

Closet

In the closet spelled for protection, Cordelia and Willow were in hiding.

Cordelia was holding a broom for defense. "Oh, God, oh, God."

Willow clasped her hand over Cordelia's mouth to keep her quiet, whispering. "It's okay. Carmen spelled the room for protection."

Library

Buffy, Brooke, Alice, Carmen, Brady and Eric arrived to the library via crawling through the ceiling. Carmen levitated herself down. Buffy jumped down. Brooke and Alice used red energy to levitate themselves, Brady and Eric down. Zoey, still astral projecting but here in physical form, Xander, Wyatt, Giles, Layla and Jenny looked at them in relief.

"Hey," Xander told them. "You're all right."

"How are the others?" Layla asked.

"Principal Snyder, Joyce and four others are locked in the science room across the hall," Alice answered. "Carmen spelled Willow and Cordelia into a hallway closet for protection."

"So they're safe," Brady told them, noticing that Zoey was meditating. "What's Zoey doing?"

"She's using astral projection to get Angel," Giles answered. "We won't allow Wyatt out there until he has help."

Wyatt rolled his eyes.

Brooke gave him a look. "Good. We're not letting you get hurt."

"Okay, we're gonna take the vamps out in the hall," Carmen told them. "After that, we get Joyce and the others out of here."

"Let us help you," Eric told them.

"Eric, our mother's in that room," Buffy told him. "If we don't make it out of here, I know you'll make sure she does."

"Damn right I will," Eric answered.

Buffy smiled slightly in appreciation and relief. Eric nodded understandingly. They shared a slow, sweet kiss because of the danger around.

"Fair enough," Layla told them. "What's your plan?"

"Well, they split up to hold us here," Alice told them. "So we're gonna take them one on one."

Brady nodded in agreement. "Set them up. Knock them down."

"I am not staying in here," Wyatt told them.

"Fine," Brooke told him. "You can help us take out the vamps."

"Come on," Buffy told them. "Let's just get this over with."

"Yeah," Carmen agreed. "After you."

They made move to leave.

"Hey," Eric told them. "Watch your backs."

"Be careful," Xander told them. "Don't get hurt."

Science Classroom

Snyder was pacing.

"Why don't you sit down?" Joyce asked.

Snyder shook his head angrily. "This is my school. What I say goes, and I say this is not happening."

"Well, then I guess the danger's over," Joyce told him sarcastically.

"I'm not waiting for them to open the doors," the man told them. "I'm getting out."

"Don't be an idiot," Joyce told him.

"I'm beginning to see a certain mother-child resemblance," Snyder told her.

The man climbed up to the window, lifting the sash.

Joyce tried to stop him. "No! Look, you heard what Buffy, Brooke, Alice, Carmen, Brady and Eric said."

"They're students," Snyder replied. "What do they know?"

Snyder took off his jacket, going to help the man. The two of them began bending back the metal slats blocking the window.

Hallway

A vampire threw himself against the door, but it didn't budge, seeing Spike looking at him. "Yeah, door's solid."

Spike rolled his eyes. "Use your head." He grabbed the vampire by the shoulder, shoving his head into a fire emergency case containing an ax, pulling the ax out, thrusting it into the vampire's hands, continuing down the hall, passing two others pounding on another door. "You, come with me."

One of the vampires followed him.

Science Classroom

The vampire began swinging the ax at the door. Joyce casted a worried look at Snyder and the man. They got two slats bent aside.

Snyder laughed. "I did it!"

The man started to pull himself through the opening. Snyder helped, but let go when the man began to kick and scream while struggling with a vampire outside. Snyder watched the man as he was pulled through the window, stepping down. Joyce quickly climbed up, bending the slats back, closing the sash.

Hallway

Spike was listening for activity anywhere in the building.

Other Hallways

Silently and stealthily, Buffy, Brooke, Alice, Carmen, Brady and Wyatt were taking out vampires one by one, making sure they couldn't make sounds. Buffy and Brady were staking them dead by surprise. Brooke and Alice used their power to tear them apart with red Guardian energy. Carmen used her telekinesis and levitation to take vampires by surprise and stake them so they couldn't make a sound. Without looking, Wyatt flicked a finger toward a vampire, using his power to make him fall unconscious, creating a magical fire that killed the vampire, turning his head to look at the dead vampire.

Outside

Zoey's astral projection form led Angel to the school, seeing the dead man lying on the ground.

"This astral projection form?" Angel asked. "You can't hit anyone while like this? No one can touch you?"

"No," Zoey answered. "So I gotta get inside, back to my real body, and then meet you and let you in, so we can do what we have to do. But gotta say, this plan that you've got? I really hate it."

"So do I," Angel told her.

They walked inside.

Inside - Closet

Cordelia and Willow were still in the closet.

"I think he's gone," Cordelia told her, reaching for the door.

Willow stopped her. "No. Hey. He could come back."

Cordelia looked at her. "What are we gonna do?"

Willow shrugged desperately. "Pray."

Hallway

The vampire had almost chopped through the door to the science classroom. He stepped around the corner to warn the other vampire. "Hey, guard the door. I'm almost finished."

The vampire went back to chopping. Buffy and Brady came up from either side of him. Buffy restrained him with her Slayer strength, clamping a hand over his mouth so he couldn't move or make a sound when Brady staked him in the heart, killing him. They looked through the hole. Brooke ran up to them.

Joyce looked at them in relief. "Buffy. Brady. Brooke. Are you okay?"

"We're fine, Mom," Buffy answered.

"It's okay," Brooke told her.

"Look, uh, get out of here, okay?" Joyce asked. "We'll be all right."

Buffy shook her head. "Look, just hang on for one more minute."

"Just until we tell you to open the door," Brooke told her.

"We'll be okay," Brady told her. "Promise."

They made their way along.

Elsewhere

Alice and Carmen were making their way along, peeking around the corner to see another vampire standing there with his back to them, using their power to kill him. They heard a noise behind them, turning to see Sheila behind them.

"Sheila?" Alice asked. "Where have you been?"

"Sorry I'm late," Sheila told them. "There's some really weird guys outside."

Carmen shushed her. "Yeah, we know. They're trying to kill us."

Sheila picked up the ax, smiling. "This should be fun."

They slowly headed to another hall.

Another Hall

Spike was walking through the hall. "Come on, guys, let Wyatt out to play."

Angel stepped out from behind a wall, pretending to be holding Zoey (physical form) captive, his vampire visage on. "After all these years, you're still trying to get under Wyatt's skin. Turn him dark like you. Like me. Hey, Spike."

Spike smirked. "Angelus. I'll be damned."

Spike and Angel greeted each other with a hug and laugh.

"I taught you to always guard your perimeter," Angel told him. "Tsk, tsk, tsk. You should have someone out there."

"I did," Spike told him. "I'm surrounded by idiots. What's new with you?"

"Everything," Angel answered.

"Yeah," Spike agreed. "Come up against Wyatt and the gypsy girl here yet? The Slayer and Guardians? The other witch?"

"They're strong," Angel told him. "Girls are cute. Not too bright, though. Gave the puppy dog 'I'm all tortured' act. Kept them off my back when I feed."

Angel laughed

Spike laughed. "People still fall for that Anne Rice routine. What a world!" He looked at Zoey, placing a hand on her cheek. "Gypsy girl here helped kill one of my boys last night. Not just a normal girl."

Zoey turned her head away forcefully so he was no longer touching her. "'Gypsy girl' is named Zoey, jackass."

Spike laughed in amusement. "She's a fighter!"

Angel pulled Zoey further up, showing Spike the necklace around her neck. "But virtually helpless while wearing a necklace that blocks her power. Keeps trying to take it off but I can stop her. Wanna bite before we kill her?"

"Or is this one worthy of turning?" Spike asked.

"You choose," Angel told him.

Zoey really hated this plan, sighing.

∞∞

Another Hallway

Alice and Carmen rounded a corner with Sheila.

"Stay behind us," Alice told her.

They went into another hall, quietly making their way to another vampire, ready to use their power. Behind them, Sheila vamped out, raising the ax.

Eric saw them from the library. "Alice! Carmen! Look out!"

Alice and Carmen turned to see, ducking just as Sheila slashed toward them. Alice used her Guardian energy to rip the vampire down the hallway and Sheila into pieces with a thought, making them fall to dust.

Other Hallway

Wyatt, Eric, Xander, Buffy, Brooke and Brady were getting others to safety. Alice and Carmen ran closer to help them.

"Let's go, people," Xander told them. "Let's go. Come on."

"Guys," Buffy told them. "Come on. Now."

"Okay, come on," Brady told them. "Come on. Let's go."

"Come on," Eric told them. "Hurry."

"Let's keep moving," Xander told them. "Let's get going."

"Get them out," Wyatt told them. "I have to deal with Spike."

Wyatt walked past them.

Brooke turned after him, grabbing his arm. "Not alone."

"Brooke--" Wyatt started.

"Wyatt," Brooke replied. "For once, let me save you, too."

Wyatt gave her a look, sighing, looking at the others for help.

"Brooke, he's not trying to kill Wyatt," Carmen told her. "Spike's trying to kill you. Wyatt's gonna be fine. Okay?"

"Spike's killed two Slayers, Brooke," Alice told him. "Two. And he's killed Wyatt's girlfriend before to try to make him lose his mind."

"What do you think Spike's gonna try to do to you to get to Wyatt?" Buffy asked.

"Come on," Eric told her.

"Let's just get you out of here, Brooke," Brady told her. "Spike isn't gonna hurt Wyatt. Let's just get you out."

Xander nodded. "Get everyone out."

Other Hall

Angel still had hold of Zoey.

Spike looked at Angel. "I haven't seen you in the killing fields for an age."

"I'm not much for company," Angel told him.

"No, you never were," Spike told him. "So, why're you so scared of these people?"

"Scared?" Angel repeated.

"Yeah," Spike answered. "Time was you would've taken them out in a heartbeat. Now look at you. I bet this, uh, tortured thing is an act, right? You're not... housebroken?"

"I saw them kill the Master," Angel told him. "Hey, you think you can take them alone? Be my guest. I'll just feed and run."

Angel growled, leaning closer to "bite Zoey's neck".

Spike held up his hand. "Don't be silly. We're all friends. We'll do it together. Let's drink to it." They both slowly leaned in to Zoey's neck. At the last moment, Spike punched Angel in the face, making him stagger back and let Zoey go. "You think you can fool me? You were my sire, man! You were my... Yoda!"

"Did you seriously just say, 'Yoda'?" Zoey asked.

Spike stepped toward Zoey.

Angel stepped between them. "Things change."

"Not us!" Spike told him. "Not demons! Man, I can't believe this. You Uncle Tom!" He grabbed a pole from the floor. "Come on, people! This isn't a spectator sport!" The vampires growled, running toward Zoey and Angel. Zoey pulled of her necklace to use her power to kill the four vampires running toward them with purple power, but more vampires were running closer. Zoey and Angel knew they were outnumbered, running out, knowing that the vampires would be following, leading them out of the school to give the others a chance to get out. Spike was about to follow, but sensed someone behind him, looking up. "Fe, fi, fo, fum. Here the giant comes. I smell the blood of a nice ripe..." He turned to face Wyatt. "Immortal witch hero. Big man on campus. You taught the other witch, the Guardians, the Slayer and the gypsies most of what they know, held them together for this long. What happens if they lose you? Hopefully they fall apart so it's easier to take them down one by one. Well, there you are, Wyatt. Prison guards finally let loose their best weapon, did they?"

"I'm not playing this game with you again, Spike," Wyatt told him. "After two centuries, can't you give it a rest?"

Spike smirked, shaking his head. "Nah, I'm having too much fun with this."

"Do we really need weapons for this?" Wyatt asked.

"I just like them," Spike answered. "They make me feel all manly." He tossed the pole aside, stepping toward Wyatt. "I don't have a weapon. You don't get to use your parlor tricks."

"You shouldn't have come here," Wyatt told him.

Spike smirked. "No. I've messed up your doilies and stuff. But I just got so bored." He laughed. "I'll tell you what. As a personal favor to you and your girl, I'll make it quick for Brooke. It won't hurt a bit."

"No, Spike, it's gonna hurt a lot for you," Wyatt told him.

Spike smirked. Wyatt used his power to throw Spike into the wall, making him fall. Spike jumped up instantly, trying to punch him. Wyatt pivoted back to make him miss, punching Spike in the face.

Outside

While the others were getting people outside, they were fighting vampires, with Angel and Zoey's help.

Buffy, Brady and Angel were fighting hand to hand, punching, kicking, blocking hits, staking vampires. Eric and Xander managed to stake some vampires as well.

Alice, Carmen, Zoey and Brooke were using their powers to kill more vampires.

Brooke looked toward the school worriedly, where she knew Wyatt would be fighting with Spike.

Hallway

Wyatt and Spike were fighting. Spike tried to punch Wyatt. Wyatt ducked, trying to kick him. Spike jumped up, trying to trip him. Wyatt levitated up to make him miss, kicking him in the face, flipping backward to land on his feet. Spike punched him in the face when he did. Wyatt punched him in the stomach, backhand punching him in the face, shooting a burst of his power into Spike, throwing him into the wall, making him fall.

Library

Giles was helping more people get out and to safety. "Come on, everyone. Let's go. Let's go."

Layla was helping him. "This way." When the last one left, Layla found a vampire trying to follow them, using her power to kill him with a shower of purple sparking ashes. "Nope. Don't think so." She turned to see Giles looked at her in surprise and awe. "What? Don't tell me you haven't seen anything like that before."

"I have," Giles answered. "It's just surprising to see it in such a different way. Gypsy magic is much different from witch magic. Or Guardian power. I'm impressed."

Layla smiled. "Thank you. Let's go."

Outside

Angel threw a vampire to the ground. Buffy broke off a flag pole from above her into two pieces, throwing one piece to Brady. Buffy and Brady spun the pieces in their hands, staking two vampires in front of them to kill them.

A vampire tried to punch Zoey. Zoey avoided it, ducking, spinning around him, kicking him in the back, punching him in the face, using her purple power to kill him with an explosion of ashes.

Carmen used her levitation power to levitate up and kick two vampires down, floating down to grab them, spinning around and using telekinesis to throw them into tree branches that impaled them in the hearts from behind, killing them.

Xander and Eric were able to punch and kick and avoid getting hit. Brady and Buffy made sure they were okay as they each staked a vampire dead.

Alice started to glow with red energy as she let it flow out of her, releasing the power to kill all of the vampires surrounding them with a burst of pure red light, making them explode into ashes.

Everyone looked at each other in surprise and relief.

Inside - Hallway

Spike stood, trying to kick Wyatt. Wyatt ducked, avoiding another hit, backhand punching Spike in the face, kicking him in the chest, punching him three more times. Spike pushed Wyatt into the wall, trying to punch him. Wyatt ducked, making his fist break through the wall, now standing behind Spike, punching him hard in the neck, temporarily stopping the fight.

Spike smirked, impressed. "Now, that hurt. You're cheating slightly with the magic, but what do I expect from a warlock, pretty much a human against a vampire? Even without magic, though, you still have a lot of fight in you, Wyatt."

"I have a lot of tricks besides magic, Spike," Wyatt replied.

Spike pulled his arm out of the wall, ripping a stud out with it, swinging it into Wyatt's face, making him fall to the floor, stunned. "But you're still only human with a very long life."

Brooke walked in, using her red energy to throw Spike into the wall, making him fall, using the energy to weaken him. "Get the hell away from him."

Spike held the stud above himself in an attempt to protect himself from magical blows. Wyatt stood, standing next to Brooke, ready to use magic if he had to.

Spike was annoyed. "Where the hell are my men so I can take care of both of you?"

"They're either gone or dead, and now you're here all alone," Brooke answered.

"So which one are you gonna be, Spike?" Wyatt asked. "Gone? Or dead?"

Spike stood. "You know this isn't over, Wyatt."

"Wouldn't expect anything less," Wyatt replied.

Brooke used her red Guardian energy to throw Spike through the broken window, making it shatter more and him fall to the ground outside. Spike stood, leaving in a hurry.

Brooke turned to Wyatt. "I get that you were trying to protect me, but no one's gonna fight for you harder than me."

Wyatt chuckled slightly, nodding in appreciation and relief, managing a small smile. Brooke smiled slightly in relief. They embraced, looking out the window.

Outside

The police were everywhere.

The police chief was talking to an officer. "Take care of this."

The officer nodded, leaving. The chief walked over to his car.

Snyder walked closer. "Hello, Rob."

"It's over," Rob told him. "They all got away. I got a body inside, and I got another one on the south lawn. And it looks like he was pulled right through the window."

Snyder sighed, shaking his head. "I told him not to go through that window."

"I need to say something to the media people," Rob told him.

"So?" Snyder asked.

"So, you want the usual story?" Rob asked. "Gang related. PCP?"

"What'd you have in mind, the truth?" Snyder replied.

Rob considered this. "Right. Gang related. PCP."

Elsewhere, Giles and Layla were walking together.

"Well, another wonderful fun-filled evening," Layla told him sarcastically. "Right?"

Giles chuckled. "Uh, yes. You know, um, I will understand if you decide to start avoiding me."

Layla took Giles' arm in response. They both smiled, walking off together.

Elsewhere, Zoey looked at Angel. "So, when you gave Spike my neck to chew on, why didn't you clock him before he had a chance to clock you?"

"I told you," Angel told her. "I couldn't make the first move. I had to see if he was buying it or not."

"And if he bit me?" Zoey asked. "What then?"

"We would've known he bought it," Angel answered, continuing on.

Zoey stopped walking. "Hey, what's the deal with you being Spike's sire? What's a sire?"

Elsewhere, Buffy, Brooke and Brady were walking with Joyce.

"So, what did you and Principal Snyder talk about anyway?" Buffy asked.

"Principal Snyder said you were a troublemaker," Joyce answered. "And I could care less. I have three kids who can take care of themselves. Who're brave and resourceful and thinks of others in a crisis. No matter who you hang out with or what dumb teenage stuff you think you need to do, I'm gonna sleep better knowing all that."

They smiled.

"About how long till this wears off and you start ragging on us again?" Brady asked.

"Oh, at least a week and a half," Joyce answered.

Buffy and Brady smiled. "Very cool."

Buffy went to embrace Eric, while Brady and Alice embraced.

Brooke smiled, walking along, finding Wyatt in the crowd, taking his hand. "You gonna be okay?"

Wyatt sighed, nodding. "I have you to make sure I am."

They smiled slightly.

Alice and Zoey were walking together, looking around.

"My dad and Layla are..." Alice trailed off, finding them in the crowd. "There."

"Mom," Zoey told her. "Giles. Hey."

Layla smiled. "Zoey."

"Alice," Giles told her.

Giles and Layla, relieved to see their daughters, immediately embraced Alice and Zoey, who smiled and returned the embrace.

Inside - Closet

Willow and Cordelia were still in the closet.

Cordelia was kneeling in prayer as Willow looked at her in disbelief. "And if you get me out of this, I swear I'll never be mean to anyone ever again. Unless they really deserve it. Or if it's that time of the month, in which case I don't think you or anyone else can hold me responsible."

Willow rolled her eyes. "Ask for some aspirin."

Cordelia nodded. "And can you please send some asp..." She realized what Willow meant. "Hey!"

Carmen used her power to despell the protection spell on the closet, opening the door. "Hey, guys."

"Oh, Carmen," Willow told her in relief. "You did not forget about me. Or decide to leave me in here alone. With your rambling sister."

Carmen smiled. "No, I was just having difficulty with the despelling on the door."

"Uh-huh," Willow told her skeptically. "Or you just wanted to hear Cordelia ramble on praying."

Carmen smirked. "Don't know what you're talking about. Come on. Everything's fine now."

"They're all gone?" Cordelia asked. "We're safe?"

Carmen nodded, taking Willow and Cordelia by the hands to help them up. They embraced in relief, leaving the closet together.

Day Five

Morning - Warehouse

The sun came up over the warehouse complex where the vampires were gathered. The camera panned over to the warehouse they were in. Sunlight was streaming through a window. Spike was standing by a cage.

Drusilla walked around the cage toward him. "Spike, did they hurt you? Brooke and Wyatt?"

"It was close, baby, but..." Spike trailed off.

"Oh, come here," Drusilla told him, pulling his head down onto her shoulder, stroking his cheek and neck.

Spike sighed. "Wyatt's friends sure wanted to protect him, took all night to finally confront him, but I got it."

"You'll break Wyatt by killing Brooke and they'll all crumble without their teacher," Drusilla told him. "And then we'll have a nice celebration."

Spike chuckled. "Yeah, a party."

Drusilla smiled. "Yeah, with streams and songs."

Spike lifted his head from her shoulder. "How's the annoying one?"

"He doesn't wanna play," Drusilla answered.

Spike scoffed. "Figures. Well, suppose I better go make nice."

Spike walked over to Collin, kneeling before him.

Collin glared. "You failed."

"I, uh, I offer penance," Spike told him.

"Penance?" Vampire 2 repeated incredulously. "You should lay down your life. Our numbers are depleted, the feast of St. Vigeous has been ruined by your impatience."

Spike nodded. "I was rash, and if I had to do it all over again..." He broke out into laughter. "Who am I kidding?" He stood. "I would do it exactly the same, only I'd do this first."

Spike grabbed Collin.

Collin struggled, furious. "No!"

Spike carried Collin over to the cage. Vampire 2 tried to stop him, but Spike kicked back to knock him down, sticking Collin in the cage, closing and locking the door. Drusilla watched in pleasure as Spike started pulling a chain to lift the cage up from the floor.

"From now on, we're gonna have a little less ritual and a little more fun around here," Spike told them, giving the chain a final strong pull. The cage was lifted into the sunlight. Collin screamed. Drusilla smiled at Spike, who smiled back. They stepped closer together, holding hands. "Let's see what's on TV."

As they walked away, the camera panned up to the cage. The last residue of Collin burning to death in the sunlight was still steaming. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 251 13
*note, due to many requests, this book is created* The town of Sunnydale resides on the Hellmouth underneath the school, and though most people are...
1.7K 289 34
« WAM book two » [ 16+ ] Ada was tired of running. Yes, she was the one with the lockpicks who helped Sam the winter prior with her little key issue...
387K 5K 7
READ BOOK ONE : "MY MATE.....IS A NERD?" FIRST Book 3 in "My Mate...." series Princeton SaintClair, eldest son of Lucas and Caleb SaintClair is your...
42.6K 1.1K 22
What if Zoey Francis, the other Slayer in Sunnydale, was never an only child? What if she had Dawn as a sister instead of Buffy? That she and her mot...