My boyfriend is Lee Min-ho

By JossieLeia

Would you believe if I tell you that my boyfriend is Hallyu actor Lee Min-ho? I guess not. But that's how my... More

My boyfriend is Lee Min-ho
Prologue
Part i - Days in Korea
Chapter One - Welcome to Konkuk University
Chapter Two - Perhaps this is a mistake ??
Chapter Three - My first taste of Hallyu
Chapter Four - Are you kidding me?
Commercial Break -1-
Chapter Five - Getting the basics right
Chapter Six - Cameras rolling ... Action!
Chapter Seven - Can I give you a lift?
Chapter Eight - Midnight memories
Chapter Nine - Camping?
Commercial break -2-
Chapter Ten - I'm sick!
Chapter Eleven - Episode Sixteen
Chapter Twelve - I think I like you
Chapter Thirteen - Confessions
Chapter Fourteen - First date!
Commercial break - 3 -
Chapter Fifteen - Packing up is a big business
Chapter Sixteen - We are on vacation
Chapter Seventeen - Introducing YongPyong Resort
Chapter Eighteen - Skiing for the first time and ...
Chapter Nineteen - Merry Christmas!
Chapter Twenty - I don't want to go home!
Part ii - Days out of Korea
Chapter Twenty One - I hate long distance relationships
Chapter Twenty two - First sign of trouble
Chapter Twenty three - Saying goodbye
Commercial break - 4 -
Chapter Twenty four - Last vacation of my life?
Chapter Twenty five - London, here I come
Chapter Twenty Six - Acting for a living
Chapter Twenty seven - Back in Korea
Chapter Twenty eight - We meet again
Commercial break - 5 -
Chapter Twenty nine - Eyes on me
Chapter Thirty - Why doesn't London seem appealing anymore...?
Chapter Thirty One - An unexpected kiss
Chapter Thirty Two - An unexpected news
Commercial break - 6 -
Chapter Thirty Three - I'm your little tour guide
Chapter Thirty four - Time for the heart to settle down
Chapter Thirty five - Another unexpected visitor
Chapter Thirty six - My final decision
Part iii - Returning to Korea
Chapter Thirty seven - Packing and unpacking
Chapter Thirty eight - Welcome to Hallyu inside-out
Chapter Thirty nine - The actual work begins!
Chapter Forty - Min-ho, I miss you
Commercial break - 7 -
Chapter Forty two - I never believe this actually happens
Chapter Forty three - Did I just got married off?
Chapter Forty four - A sweet distraction
Chapter Forty five - I have to go home with my husband?
Commercial break - 8 -
Chapter Forty six - A sad break up
Chapter Forty seven - Fate really likes to play people
Chapter Forty eight - Lee Min-ho is a babo!
Chapter Forty nine - My boyfriend is Lee Min-ho
Chapter Fifty - Going home again
Commercial break - 9 -
Chapter Fifty one - One night in Tokyo
Chapter Fifty two - Traditions sux
Chapter Fifty three - SM concert! Go crazy for once!
Chapter Fifty four - The best couple of course goes to...
Chapter Fifty five - Ring for life
Epilogue

Chapter Forty one - Life just gets tougher

3.4K 95 26
By JossieLeia

I received my second mission at my own dorm.

Young-Pil came over one week later to hand me my mission. Over the last few weeks, Young-Pil and I had grown an affinity. I always teased him that he looked like Lee Seung-gi, one of the top male actors in the industry. He had a boyish smile and when he smiled, he had a deep dimple on his left cheek. Only on his left cheek. He told me that he tried to make one on his right, but it failed. He was a very humorous lad. I also found out that he was actually only a year older than me. So that made him Young-Pil Oppa. In fact, I soon realised that being twenty-four, was a 'golden' age. I was just the 'right' age, not too old nor too young. Younger stars were cast as child celebrities while older stars were basically the seniors, like Min-ho. Twenty four seemed to be the transition period.

Young-Pil was nice enough to 'pre-warn' me about his coming. Actually, he was supposed to just turn up on Monday morning and film me as whichever state I was in. But that would be totally devastating for my image. Imagine messy hair, pale face with no make-up, bunny PJs, Jeez, that would totally ruin me. Over the last month, Bae had successfully built me an image which was all over in google search. I was the 'sweet, cute, quiet' Shin-Ee. I was amazed that I appeared on Wikipedia as well! That just showed how powerful the Internet was!

So, when the bell rang on Monday, I was ready. But I couldn't be too obvious about it. So, I had on a simple PJ (which I consulted Bae and he gave his consent). I had my hair brushed but let down; at least it wasn't all over the place. I managed to sneak some powder onto my face too. Thanks to Bae's miraculously products, my skin did better. It was more radiant and less porous. These korean facial products really were impressive. But of course, you had to be hardworking about it. I had to spend at least an hour before bed tending to my skin.

I opened the door with a small gap, pretending to be surprised. I was becoming a better actress day by day. A gap wide enough to film part of me. He slipped in the mission card. I read it out loud, as I usually did.

"Today, you will begin your second mission. Hope you enjoyed working in the hospital. Your next mission will take you through the era of time back into the past. You are to report to Director Shin Yong-hwi at XXX location. Filming will start at one today."

I pretended to rub my eyes, still sleepy. I almost yawned but thought better of it.

"I better get ready..." I mumbled and shut the door on Young-Pil. The second time I opened the door to him, he had stopped filming and capped up the lens.

"Good job as usual," he grinned.

"Thanks..." I said. "You want to come in?"

"Are you ready to go or you need more time?"

"Why?"

"XXX location is about three hours from here."

"You are not serious?"

Thankfully I had already showered. I put on the set of clothes which Bae had set aside for me. Today, he got me a long dress which made me look like I was going to the beach. Yes, he planned my daily wardrobe. I rarely had the occasion to dress myself. Even bed time. I put on the flower headband.

"I'm done!"

********************************************

We arrived ten minutes short of one. From the set-up of the props and stage, and from what the cast were wearing, I found out that this was to be a historical film. I rarely watched historical korean dramas except for perhaps, Goong. The props were much more elaborated and costumes much more colorful.

Immediately, I headed in search for Director Shin. He was however, nowhere to be found. Instead, I found his co-director, Director Kim Jong-hak. He set me to work by asking me to help out with the lights. As a director, it was also important to know where to position your equipment and props so as to get the maximum effect you wished to achieve. Since I had no idea what this drama was about, I simply helped out instead of advising.

"Hey!" He shouted one minute later. "Put that away! You are going to spoil the scene!" He was referring to one of the lightings which I was helping set up. The crewman and I hastily packed it away. He seemed not to be a guy to be trifled with.

"This is the script," he handed to me later when I joined him at the director's chair. "You'll film it today."

"What...? Me...?" I was taken aback. Despite having worked with the last director on site for continuously three weeks or so, never once was I offered his chair. But today, I was told to be in-charge. "Eh..."

"Go on," he said. "You have to try it else how would you learn..."

Young-Pil must had a great satisfactory time filming my shocked facial expression. I couldn't hide it. I was truly shocked. In front of everybody? With a professional crew and cast who was paid by the minute? Was I really up to this challenge? I was turning white literally.

"I... eh... need to read the script first..."

"You don't have to read the entire script," Director Kim said. "This is the beginning scene. Today is our first shoot."

"Oh..." And to add to my nervous horror, I soon found out that the lead actress was none other than one of the senior actress - Kim Hee-sun. I loved her in her movie with Jackie Chan. I must had watched it zillion of times. She was so pretty. Today looking at her, I was stunned. She seemed to have put on much weight. I hadn't realised that she was old.

I read through the first scene hastily since everyone was basically waiting for me. My nervous level was almost at its brim. Finally, I took the seat on the director's chair. There was nothing comfortable about it except it was the director's chair. That was all. No cushion, nothing special. But everybody knew he called the shots. His words were the command.

"Eh... let's roll..." I stammered. Everybody looked at me, confused.

"You need to speak louder," Director Kim's voice boomed. "They cannot hear you."

"O-O-Okay...," I cleared my throat. "Camera roll!" I tried to act confident.

"Scene one, Take one. Action!" the cue man shouted.

The first scene began with a procession where the supposed King and his newly married bride were heading back to the Palace. Then they were suddenly attacked out of nowhere. It got so hectic on the screen that I had to stop it.

"Cut!" I shouted, above the midst of fighting sounds. I made the attempt to explain to them and the camera crew how to better capture the scene. During this while, Director Kim just stood behind me not saying a word.

"Take two!"

Standing behind the director, behind the camera, was totally different from sitting on the chair itself. I had to watch the cast as well as the crew and to manage the direction of the cameras plus the lightings. It was like trying to juggle on a wheel. My brain was practically spread into mini brains, trying to work every piece together.

"Cut!" There was an angle to be corrected once again.

"Take three!"

And in this midst of chaos and nervousness, I was totally thrown aback when the King's bodyguard appeared. I almost fainted, if I would say. I had never expected to see him. I wasn't even expecting him.

Min-ho.

I never found out which drama he was going to cast. All I knew was he had a new drama. It was like I had suddenly been rained upon. I shuddered and paused in a moment of stunness.

"You need to turn the angle now," Director Kim's voice awoke me from my dazzle. I was then reminded that we were filming and everybody was waiting for my cue - particularly the crew.

We took a total of eighteen takes, thanks to me and my lack of directorship. But Director Kim seemed impressed. He provided valuable feedback and opinions. It was the first time, I really felt that I was a director-in-training. Over the last three weeks, I was just like a celebrity on a variety show with Young-Pil at my heels. All I had to do was to dress pretty, act pretty and talk like a celeb. And for once, today, I felt that I was actually learning something. I actually got so engrossed that I forgot about Young-Pil. And even Min-ho. Only when the scene was done and Min-ho came over to check the screen shot as he always did, did I remember his presence.

He merely smiled at me. I wanted to wave and say a big hello but his lack of enthusism kept me back. I was silently reminded that I was no longer Ashlyn but Shin-Ee. We had our distance to keep. So I politely smiled in return before we went over the shots. Everything was very professional.

For the next few days, even when Director Shin came back, I was still on the director's chair. Even though I was 'in-charge', the two directors would not stop to comment my performance and offer guidance. I was so stressed up trying to cope, that I had no time for Min-ho. Neither did he make any attempt to approach me except to discuss on the shoot.

It was really sad. I had a good time learning but I couldn't socialize with the cast. Not with Min-ho. I had to pretend that we were just friends on shoot because Young-Pil was forever filming. I couldn't even text him. And even when we were done filming for the day, Min-ho was either rushing off or I had to go off. There was no time to talk. But we did text when I got home.

Minho: You did well today! I think you're becoming more and more like a pro-director.

Me: Stop teasing me!

Minho: I am not.

Me: I'm so tired.

Minho: You'll get used to it.

Me: You hair sux in this shoot."

Minho: I think so too. I wish they can do something about it.

Me: I just think you are not cut out for historical dramas.

Minho: I think so too. The terms and names are terrible. They are too strenous for my brain!

Me: Ha! You are getting old!

Minho: Yes, unfortunately.

Me: Jeez... if this is only the second mission, I wonder what's next?

Minho: Oh... I'm going to appear on these episodes?

Me: Ha... Yes. Free publicity for you. You might get interviewed too.

Minho: Seriously?

Me: This mission is really tough... It's so difficult to pretend not to know you well...

Minho: Let's go for our favourite hotpot once it's over!

Me: Are you serious??

Minho: It's a date!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.5K 512 56
Hong Du Sik and Yoon Hye Jin are happily engaged, life is rosy and beautiful. There's so much to do: Planning the wedding, having the actual wedding...
15.4K 391 31
drop you're time here,it will never be a waste <3 [re-editing]
320K 20.4K 84
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
9.4K 503 26
"I just wanted to be loved by atleast one person who could have shown me the brighter side of this big wide realm but i guess destiny's sure cruel to...