teen idle • avengers x reader

By multivxrse

[COMPLETED; BOOK 2 OUT] "You stole my tech." "Technically we took it back." "Technically we took it first so... More

playlist;
epigraph;
cast;
one; perfect
two; family
three; mission
four; mistakes
five; anger
six; past
seven; storytime
nine; fight
ten; hydra
eleven; training
twelve; fool proof
thirteen; phase one
fourteen; confrontation
fifteen; missing
sixteen; end
seventeen; answers
eighteen; dread
nineteen; rescue
twenty; final
twenty one; ross
twenty two; accords
twenty three; strange
twenty four; civil war
twenty five; learning
teen idle 0.5
bruises • teen idle sequel

eight; plan

22.9K 881 698
By multivxrse

A week later the Avengers had finally figured out a full proof plan. They would send out a distress call to a place near Queens where they would be hidden. Once they arrived Natasha would slip a tracker onto one of their suits with a little help from Clint by using a small arrow and aiming it at them from above, and hopefully they would escape without a fight after realizing the call was fake. But the backup would be nearby in case.

Right now Tony was talking to his prodigy- Peter Parker- who would be there for extra help in the apartment building next to the distress call.

"Really, Mr Stark, I'd love to help but aren't these guys a little... powerful for a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man?" The teenager asked, crossing his arms with his mask in hand.

"You've got to do it at some point, it might as well be with the Avengers right next to you." Tony patted his shoulder in a fatherly way before looking at the group. Behind him Peter grinned to himself and swung up onto the fire escape with his webs.

"Okay. Barnes, did you send the distress call?" Tony asked him, looking over at the metal armed man. After the 'Civil War', as they had called it, they had solved their differences and Bucky had been given the help he needed by Wakandan scientists. Tony considered them to be acquaintances, still not quite over what happened.

The super soldier nodded, holding up the cell phone before throwing it onto the concrete roof and stomping on it as they had discussed. "Great, that means they'll be here in approximately ten minutes."

"Barton, Romanoff, do you have the arrow ready?" Steve jumped in, looking over at the two spies. Clint gave him a thumbs up and held up a tiny arrow. Natasha grabbed it and pressed a button on the side that made it invisible to the naked eye, but since Clint was wearing special glasses he could see where he was shooting at.

"Good. Try to get the one that isn't paying attention and avoid attracting the others. We don't know the full extent of their powers yet." Steve nodded at the team. "Get in position."

~•~•~

The team was sitting in the living room when they would usually be training, but since they were on probation they were confined to their living area. They were simply doing their own thing on their phones when the alarm went off in the building.

They jumped to their feet with surprised looks as Ricky ran in. "I know I put you guys on probation, but a distress call just came in from downtown New York. I think it's best only a few of you go just in case.

"y/n, Andrew, and Katherine will go." Instantly Natalie and Thomas started to argue but were shut down by Ricky. "You're back up in case something happens. Now suit up." Ricky shoved a bag into each of their hands.

They looked at him in shock but quickly ran to their rooms and changed.

y/n slipped off her clothes and then slipped on the items in the bag with an awed look. It fit like a glove. The suit consisted of black shorts that went down to mid thigh, and tie up boots reached her knee. A holster on each leg holding a gun each. Her shirt was black and went off her shoulders. Fingerless gloves that held the same symbol that was on her belt; a small hourglass that was half empty, the other half a (f/c) color.

When she looked in the mirror she realized that her face wasn't covered so she double checked the bag into to see a note with a choker under it. On the simple black choker was that same hourglass symbol.

Press the symbol for a surprise

-R

She quickly put on the choker that tied in the back and pressed the symbol. A black mask then covered the bottom half of her face and ears. An armor of sorts then started to form over her tight fitting shirt.

"Oh my god this is so cool." She whispered, pressing the symbol on her gloves and freaking out slightly when the same tight armor went over her arms and connected to the one on her torso.

"I think I'm gonna pass out." Katherine said loudly as she barged into her room. Her suit was more fitting of her powers and consisted of what looked like a red dress which had a belt wrapped around her middle with a weird number six. She also had boots on except hers were higher up and more fancy. Two swords were attached to her boots, and a red mask covered her eyes.

"These are so cool." y/n replied, getting rid of the armor and deciding to test that out later in training.

"Why is yours so much easier to move in?" She whined, looking at the skirt and heeled boots in distaste.

"Because you're beauty and grace, and I punch people in the face." Y/n winked jokingly, the mask still covering her face. She laughed mockingly,

"Come on, we better go." Andrew walked in with a full body suit on that seemed tight but was really very comfortable. What looked like a chain link was printed on his arms and down to his fists. y/n assumed that his would do something along the lines that hers did when she saw that on the back of his hand it looked like the chain link had formed a circle around his fist. His mask was a grey color and covered his entire head, two black marks showing where his eyes were.

The two girls nodded after studying his suit for a moment and followed him back into the living room where Ricky was waiting. His eyes shined as he saw them with the suits on and the other two turned towards them while holding their own suits in their hands.

Natalie's had a similar color scheme as Andrews; considering their powers and genes. The top part of her body suit was grey and led into grey shards around her thighs with black legs and boots that simply reached her ankle and didn't cover up her design- the mask covered her face only and left her hair exposed unless she put her hood up.

Thomas' was blue and looked like a pair of what looked like combat pants, black boots, and a long sleeved navy shirt. There were gloves sitting next to him on the couch and what looked like a tool belt that held many weapons on the ground.

"Are you guys ready? The suits feel good?" Ricky asked them, snapping y/n out of her daze.

"It feels great, thank you Ricky. Now, Where's the distress call!" Katherine talked as she walked towards the door, her skirt moving along with the movement.

Andrew rushed back over from where he had hugged Natalie and kissed her head as they did before every solo mission the other went on.

"We were told it was by a sandwich shop in queens; Delmars." Ricky spoke as they walked through the halls and into the garage.

"Oh, I've been there. It's kind of near the school midtown. For the geniuses." Y/n spoke, walking behind Ricky towards their usual car that they used.

"Yes, that's one reason I chose you. Now if anything goes wrong, I want you to press the button on your communicators and you will be in instant contact with me. While they know you're on a mission, they don't know about your powers and they never will. The suits are a secret, you can only wear them outside of the home and keep them hidden in your rooms."

The three nodded nervously and Ricky shot them a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, you'll do great."

~•~•~

"It's been almost a half an hour, what's taking so long. If this was a real distress call the person in distress would be pretty dead right about now." Tony snapped from his place on the roof, an annoyed look on his face.

"They'll show. Something probably came up, but they'll show up." Steve tried to assure everyone. Right as the words left his mouth there was a sound from the entrance of the alley.

"Why would a distress call lead us to an alley? We've been looking around the building for twenty minutes and nothing." A female voice spoke and Tony deadpanned, glaring at Steve who was smirking slightly.

"Who knows. Maybe they already left." A male voice then spoke and Tony looked down only to see three teenagers, but they were all wearing suits that looked actually professional.

Tony looked across the alley to where the others were and furrowed his eyebrows as he made eye contact with Natasha who had a similar look.

They were definitely sure of their powers and working for someone now. How else would they have gotten suits that well made?

Clint was aiming his bow at the three, squinting his eyes behind the screen of his glasses. Clint was about to let go of the arrow when Tony saw the blonde move her head and then look up at the roof.

"Clint wai-" but it was to late. Clint had released the arrow and the rest of the team had looked up at the sky, not being able to see but the blonde could obviously tell something was wrong.

Her hand shot into the air and she caught something between her fingers only a few inches in front of the other girls shoulder. The boys mask squinted and the arrow was suddenly visible in her fingers.

"We were set up. This wasn't a distress call. This was a meeting." The girl dressed for combat spoke, her voice muffled behind the mask.

The team took this as a sign to come out and they all landed at the same time, Tony in the front.

"You stole my tech." He accused, recognizing the girl with h/c hair and pointing an accusing finger at her. Her eyes rolled and she grabbed her guns.

"Technically we took it back." She took the safety off of her guns and the other two backed her up, the girl taking her two swords and holding them in front of her defensively.

"Technically we took it first so it's ours." Sam Wilson spoke up, his wings expanding as he hovered above the others in the group.

"Technically I could easily shove my foot up your a-" the girl started but got cut off by Steve.

"Language!" Steve shouted, throwing his shield down the alley and straight towards the group.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 5.8K 42
She's all grown up now, probably for the better. The teen the Avengers adopted at age 14 deals with life after betrayal. Not in the usual way, manly...
10K 369 21
Tension between the Avengers arises when one group supports the government's decision to implement laws which would control their powers while the ot...
23.8K 863 19
Continuation of Valen After the events of the battle with Laufey (in book 1), Valen is presumed dead to her team. Only a couple know she has taken re...
15.7K 721 22
COMPLETED: Book Two is now out! Only If You Stay // Peter Parker DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS. I ONLY OWN MILEY (FLUX) HER PAREN...