Adversaries | P. JM

By marveljeons

Park Jimin has always been at the top of your list when it comes to people you despise. You and him could nev... More

Adversaries
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Q&A Answers
Part 24
goodbye jeonbird
Part 25
Part 26- Final

Part 20

8.6K 438 269
By marveljeons

"How cool would it be if Tom Holland walked through the door right now?" You ponder on the thought with vacant eyes as you spoon ice cream into your mouth.

"The guy who plays Spider-man?" There's a questioning tone and a slight hint of confusion in Jackson's voice when he asks the question. "Isn't he like, twelve?"

"Twenty-two years of age, you uneducated peanut!" Your lips twitch into a small smile, ruining your fake angry expression as he laughs when you flick a tiny flake of chocolate at him from your ice cream. "And yes, he plays the current Spider-man. But we don't talk about that character right now- unless of course you want to deal with my crying self."

"I'm okay, thanks," he sheepishly runs his hand through his hair and fluffs it, reminding you of a certain person that you push in your thoughts, further down than the pits of Tartarus which is probably where he came from.

"Back to Tom Holland," you avert your thoughts, "isn't he the cutest?"

"Not as cute as you."

Your spoon misses your mouth.

Weirdly enough, as sincere as Jackson is, the lighthearted comment feels more like a joke that someone like Chaeyoung would make. Even weirder- you don't mind.

"Stop being so cheesy," you snort when you see him jokingly resting his face on his hands looking up at you with a love-struck expression.

"I speak the truth and nothing but the truth, Y/n," Jackson's serious expression just sends you into another fit of laughter and quickly compose yourself before you inhale the ice cream through your nose.

That would be embarrassing, you think, as though you don't already humiliate yourself in public enough.

***
"Pfft. Who says procrastinating can't get you good grades?" Chaeyoung says flippantly- a contrast to her stressed out state a matter of 20 minutes ago when her grades were being emailed to her. "Spending all that time binge watching movies and I still passed."

"Yeah, you procrastinated," you start off rolling your eyes, "but don't forget the all nighters you pulled with me to complete all those assignments," you refer to the nights spent fuelled on caffeine and junk food which resulted in the both of you getting the grades you were hoping for and you give her a pointed look.

"Well, unlike me, Yoongi actually got sleep so who else was I meant to do them with? You were my last reso-" Her sentence is cut off with a blow to her head from the fluffy pencil case sitting on the desk besides you.

"Since I feel bad for you about next week, I'll let your act of shameless violence go," she rubs her head on the spot you assaulted with the slightly hefty pencil case.

"Don't remind me," you groan into your hands, retreating into a foetal position in the large chair you're currently sat on.

"It's not going to be that awkward is it? Can't you just, you know, ignore him?" Chaeyoung meekly offers, referring to the internship that you'll be starting next week.

Along with Jimin

"Yeah," you huff, "the only thing getting me through this is the fact there'll be other people. If only Jackson had applied. It would have been much funnier with him."

"Speaking of him, how are things going?" She adopts a false uninterested tone, but you know that she's itching to know.

"They're going... good," you finish lamely, wincing at the lack of excitement in your own voice, not even convincing yourself.

"Wait, I thought you were happy and all "typical teen couple" ish," the frantic notes in Chaeyoung's voice make you sigh and shake your head.

"Well, we are," you're not sure how to explain, "but if I'm being honest it feels more like I'm with a friend rather than a boyfriend.." you trail off.

"Oh," Chaeyoung frowns and suddenly exclaims, "you need to tell Jackson as soon as possible! Otherwise you'll be in too deep."

"I've never broken up with anyone before," your eyebrows furrow in worry.

"He's a nice guy, he'll understand," Chaeyoung tries to be supportive, but it does little to lighten your heavy heart.

"I'll call him now," you reach to get your phone, but your actions are halted by Chaeyoung's splutters, startling you.

"You can't do this over the phone. That's heartless!" Chaeyoung's eyes are wide as saucers.

"No," you chuckle at her over dramatic behaviour in spite of your anxious mood, "I'm just going to ask him if he can meet up with me. I'll do it in person."

"Oh, okay. Go on then," her voice descends into a hushed whisper as you've already dialled his number.

Your foot taps impatiently on the floor as you wait for Jackson to pick up and when he finally does you almost drop your phone in the rush of putting it on speaker.

"Hey! Jackson! Can we meet up tomorrow?" You ask, not meaning to sound so fake and excited, not giving him room to speak as you cringe at your words and tone of voice.

"Sure, Y/n," his own voice sounds slightly hesitant- you think you probably weirded him out- and he continues with his own confession, "there's something I actually wanted to talk to you about," your eyes snap up to meet Chaeyoung's, who is probably mirroring your expression of surprise.

"Uh- okay," you stutter out, wanting to end the call as soon as possible, "bye, see you tomorrow!" You press down on the end call button as fast as lightning.

"Well," Chaeyoung blows out a puff of air, "that wasn't awkward at all," she raises her eyebrows.

"At least I got it out of the way," you shrug, feeling slightly guilty about your rushed phone call.

"Hmm," Chaeyoung agrees, eyes glued to her phone."

"Who are you texting?" You nudge her leg with your foot.

"Yoongi," she mumbles.

"Are you asking him about his final grade?" You enquire, boredly playing with the hem of your shirt.

"Y-yeah," she stumbles over her words, "the grades," she isn't blushing so you assume she's not talking to Yoongi about anything she wouldn't want her mother to see. This only piques your interest, but you decide to leave it, too busy thinking about tomorrow.

***

"Hey!" You try not to visibly sound annoyed at your overly enthusiastic voice.

"Hi," Jackson looks uncomfortable, putting his hands in his pockets as you shift your weight every ten seconds, the two of you standing outside of the diner you work in since you agreed to meet before your shift.

After avoiding eye contact for what seems like a whole minute, you both suddenly turn to each other.

"Let's break up," you blurt at the same time as he says the exact same thing.

"Oh, God. I'm sorry that was so blunt, I-" a wash of realisation suddenly hits you and you register his words which coincidentally were the same as yours.

"Oh, thank God," Jackson visibly relaxes and then realises he sounds a bit too glad. "Wait, no I mean-"

"Jackson," you laugh, "it's fine I understand. We've only been dating for a little while and we're much better as friends, I completely agree."

"I'm glad," he breathes out, "you're my main source of memes. My meme dealer you could say. Can't stop talking to you now can I?" He teases and you shove his shoulder.

Laughing, he leans forward to hug you and you welcome the warmth of his arms, just glad that he didn't make anything awkward.

"I've got to get to work, I'll see you later," you smile at him and he winks at you and says his goodbye.

***
Going into the diner, you're not surprised to see a familiar group of six at their table. Everyone except Jimin. At this point you're not surprised. Not even angry. You expect his childish behaviour.

"Hey, guys," you greet them as you still have about ten minutes before you're needed in the back.

"What's up, Y/n?" Taehyung is the first to address you, "was that Jackson out there?" You assume he saw from the window which gave a clear view of where you were stood

"Yeah," you drag out the word, scrunching up your nose; the whole situation is still a little bit odd to say.

"What?" Seokjin questions, "Why did he look so terrified when he walked up to you?" He laughs when you give him a withering look, but doesn't sound too clueless. You notice a strange, hopeful glint in his eyes as he mindlessly plays with his boyfriends sleeve, Namjoon not minding as he's too busy reading.

"Erm, we kind of," you hesitate, not sure how to word it, "mutually... broke .. up?"

"Oh, do you actually did it then? Didn't think you'd have the guts," Yoongi snorts and your suspicions about the boys already knowing are confirmed.

"I- what? D-did.. " You sigh, "of course, Chaeyoung told you. So you were who she was texting yesterday," you honestly can't say you're shocked.

"So, how'd he take it?" Taehyung asks impatiently, his hand fiddling with his phone- the home screen turned on, but no apps opened up. Almost as if he's waiting for something.

"I'll tell you guys once my shift is over," you brush him off, walking away, "I'll come and waitress your table and fill you in later," you call out behind you as you make your way to the back.

Wondering why Taehyung seemed impatient, you facepalm.

He probably just wanted to text Ji-Eun, you think, why else?

You're about to hit your palm against your forehead in realisation, but like a lot of things you do, it wouldn't be the most socially normal thing.

****

{A/n}
I GOT SOME QUESTIONS

How many have y'all got twitter, I want some mutuals :)

How many of you guys have read the mortal instruments and are also NCT stans, asking for a friend no special reason at all.. 👀👀

Do you guys read fics on tumblr??? If you don't i am prepared to make a whole ass book on tumblr fics you should read starting with the whole of vankoya 's masterlist hhh her works are some of the best i have read and theyre on her wattpad check them out!!

I especially recommend her Jeongguk fic "Do you feel it, sugar?" also on her wattpad. It's quite mature (18+) so don't read it if you're not comfortable with some explicit content!!

Should I start my Yoongi fic now or once Elysian is finished?

Chapters WILL be better than this from now on, i just had a migraine from doing 20 exams so it's not the best

If you didn't read the last update which i deleted, my name is Kira hhhh bye i'm gonna binge read harry potter for the fiftieth time love u guys 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248K 5.9K 109
ᴀ sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ ᴛᴡᴏ ʙᴏʏs ᴡʜᴏ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ sɪɴᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴋɪᴅs ᴀɴ ᴜɴɴᴇᴄᴇssᴀʀʏ sᴇǫᴜᴇʟ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ғɪʀsᴛ ɪɴsᴛᴀɢʀᴀᴍ ʙᴏᴏᴋ :)
2.2K 116 12
You're a young girl, who's a little bit introverted and afraid to be under everybody's eyes. You only have your best friend, but it's ok for you. You...
169K 12.1K 41
Everyone hates him in school. Still, that only makes me fall in love with him more!
5.9K 308 36
•If it's not you it's not anyone• He has waited for you since so long and now after he has the chance to be with you, he will make sure that he gets...