[1] YOU FOUND ME ( gilbert bl...

By sameezyy

โAS LONG AS YOU'RE WITH ME NOBODY CAN HURT YOUโž in which a young girl with a unspeaka... More

ACT ONE โ–น
01 | AVONLEA
02 | MEETING ANNE
03 | NEW SCHOOL
04 | DUMB BLONDE
05 | NEARLY KILLED
06 | THE SPELLING BEE
07 | FORBIDDEN
08 | DON'T GET TOO CLOSE
09 | STANDING UP
10 | DRUNK PROBLEMS
11 | BACK TO YOU
12 | HORRIBLE MEMORIES
13 | WAKING UP
14 | BROKEN HEARTS
15 | YOU FOUND ME
16 | BYE, BYE, BILLY
17 | ANOTHER FAMILY
18 | GOODBYE, AVONLEA
ACT TWO โ–น
19 | TAKING RISKS
20 | THE PARTY
21 | YOU'RE MY FAMILY
22 | DON'T LEAVE ME
23 | I HAVE A BAD IDEA
24 | THE BRITISH BOY
25 | ONE WAY TICKET TO HOME
26 | BACK TO YOU
27 | PROMISE
28 | AN INVITATION
29 | RETURN TO THE MANOR
AN | 100k!!
30 | THE ROYAL BALL: PART ONE
SEQUEL!

31 | THE ROYAL BALL: PART TWO

13.4K 439 325
By sameezyy

31 | THE ROYAL BALL: PART TWO

MY EYES NEVER LEFT THOMAS' gaze until Gilbert came back with two champaigne glasses in his hands. Looking between the two of us, Gilbert brows furrowed. As I shifted my gaze from one boy to the other, I pursed my lips and sighed, "Gilbert, this is Thomas. Thomas, Gilbert."

"I've heard a lot about you," said Gilbert, a smile tugging at his lips.

"As have I," replied Thomas.

I immediately snatched the glass from Gilbert and swallowed it whole. There was a slight bit of alcohol, because it was a royal ball—the prince only serving the most valuable beverages to his guests. My throat burned, but I opened my eyes and smiled, "Thomas, are you with anyone?"

"Actually, yes," Thomas informed, looking away from me and over to a maiden dressed in a light blue gown. "I accompanied Lady Adeline Densmore to the ball this evening."

"She looks...lovely," I complimented, glancing over to the girl. "May I ask, where are Charlie and Andrew?"

"Right this way, darling," said Thomas, picking his feet up and shifting his position. "Follow me."

As Gilbert and I followed Thomas, two boys resting by the buffet came into view. Beaming, I broke away from the group and ran as fast as I could in heels over to the two boys.

"Charlie! Andrew!" I called, causing the two to shift their gaze to me. Engulfing them into a hug, I beamed. "You have no idea how much I've missed you."

"Samantha!" shouted Charlie, breaking away from the hug and gawking at me. "We've missed you so much. It hasn't been the same since you left."

"What have you been up to?" I questioned, looking between the two boys.

"We've just been around," said Andrew, stuffing his face with whatever mystery food lay next to him. "Mostly partying."

"Oh, is that so," I said, giggling and crossing my arms. "It seems like you two have had all the fun. What about this piece of work."

Nudging Thomas who stood beside me, he chuckled, "I've been traveling. You know, sight seeing. There's so much of the world that I want to see."

"You remind me a little of myself," said Gilbert, smiling at Thomas. "Traveling is one of the most breathtaking journeys."

"It is indeed," breathed Thomas.

A smile tugged at Thomas' lips, and it made my heart happy to see the two boys get along so well. The moment was pure, and I never wanted it to go away. I had hope that these two boys would become good friends.

Everything seemed fall into place, up until a voice spoke, "Tommy, can we please go? I don't feel very well."

Thomas turned around to Lady Adeline Densmore, who pouted dramatically. I couldn't believe that Thomas ended up with someone like her—from what I could see, she was a snobby women who Thomas had only met this evening at the ball.

Just glancing at her for one minute, I could tell that she wasn't someone that Thomas shared a connection with. But, yet again, what do I know about who he shares a connection with?

"If you'll excuse me," spoke Thomas, his eyes never once leaving mine. "I have to go. It was nice meeting you, Gilbert."

Thomas then stood in front of me, so close yet so far away. Gazing into my eyes, I could tell he was hurting, but there was also some relief showing as well. Though, he then sighed, whispering, "Goodbye, Samantha."

"Thomas, wait," I spoke, placing my hand on his upper arm, guilt flashing through my eyes.

"It's okay, Samantha," said Thomas, a soft smile on his lips. "It's okay."

Watching the two shift away, I felt a tinge of pain in my chest. Even though I was with Gilbert—and I loved him with all of my heart—I recognized that none of this seemed fair to Thomas. He said it himself, I showed him what love felt like. I gave him the love he deserved. But, what did I do after we kissed? I left him.

I took a deep breath and looked down at the floor beneath me. I couldn't help but think about what had happened the last time Thomas and I were in a ballroom together. The last time we were happy.

"Y-You look good," Thomas stuttered, causing me to laugh. Thomas never stuttered, and the fact that he just did was very amusing.

"Thank you," I said, feeling the reddening in my cheeks grow.

"Shall we?" He asked, smiling and lifting his arm.

"We shall," I giggled, liking our arms together. "So, what exactly are we supposed to do?"

"Honestly," Thomas said, looking around at all the adults standing in groups as the waiters walked around with trays of alcohol. "I have no idea."

I giggled again and turned to face Thomas, "Well, all I know is that we have to look mature and presentable."

"Can you do that?" Thomas asked, chuckling. "Because I don't know if I can."

"I'll sure as hell try, Tommy." I said, causing the two of us to laugh together.

"Would you like to dance?" Thomas asked, holding out his hand. "All those classes must have been worth something."

"Of course I would," I said, taking his hand as we walked into the center of the ballroom.

I felt Thomas's hand wrap around my waist as mine went over his shoulders. We were closer than usual, but neither of us seemed to care in this moment.

"Look how cute those two are," I heard multiple adults say around the room.

As the songs slowed, I noticed that the two of us were only about a few inches apart. We were close enough that if I only shifted my head a little, our lips would touch. I was to frightened to move, because if I did, it would snap me back into reality. And, on this night, I seemed to get away from that reality.

I felt like a princess, and in this moment, Thomas was my prince. The feelings seemed to soar as the two of us moved together in sync. But, even though I began to feel something with Thomas, the feeling of guilt seemed to diminish the feeling away.

But, I had found a way to eliminate the feeling of guilt. I cleared my mind. Every memory of my past seemed to whirl into nothing as my mind lost its control. Not thinking what I was doing, I began to lean in, drawing the two of us together. And, just like that, our lips connected.

Shaking the though away, I sighed. Being with Thomas made me feel special, but being with Gilbert made me feel like home. In a thousand different universes, I would still choose Gilbert Blythe.

Two shouting girls snapped me out of my thoughts, causing me to shift my position to face them. Beaming, Anne and Diana glided towards us, their faces flushed. By my guess, they had just met the prince.

"Samantha, you will not believe who we just met," spoke Diana, her eyes dreamy.

"Let me guess, His Highness?"

"Yes! It was truly amazing."

Noticing the two boys, Anne and Diana stopped squealing and glanced at them. Stepping up to Charlie and Andrew, I smiled, "Girls, this is Charlie and Andrew. They are old friends of mine from when I lived in the manor."

"Pleased to meet you," spoke Charlie, his eyes locking with Diana's. "What are your names?"

"Diana Barry," said Diana, curtsying before him.

"Anne Shirley-Cuthbert, what a pleasure it is to make your acquaintance," Anne spoke.

"The pleasure is all ours," said Andrew, gawking at Anne. Stepping up before her, Andrew bowed, reaching his arm to her, "Would you like to dance?"

Anne glanced from Andrew to me, and I nodded my head frantically, giving her a thumbs up. Smiling, Anne took Andrews hand, following him to the dance floor. Diana sighed, jealous, but happy that her friend was able to be with a boy that made her happy.

Not even a moment later, Charlie walked up to Diana, his face beaming with happiness, "May I have this dance?"

Smiling brightly, "yes, of course," said Diana, her cheeks flushing and she took Charlie's hand in hers.

As the two couples left to the dance floor, Gilbert and I looked at each other and laughed. Smiling stupidly, Gilbert commented, "That was awfully quick."

"Wasn't it?," I answered, gazing over at Anne and Diana who were having the time of their lives with their new acquaintances. "Who knows, maybe we will have two new boys moving to Avonlea within the next couple months."

"As long as they don't steal my lovely lady, they can do as they please," said Gilbert, taking my hand and pulling me close.

I giggled, "You know, this is a fantastic happily ever after for the end of our journey."

"Who said anything about an end?" questioned Gilbert, his eyes flashing wonder and curiosity. "This is only just the beginning."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 3.4K 22
{COMPLETED - UPDATED COVER MAY 2021} Following season 2, this story surrounds the relationship of Anne and Gilbert. Including cozy chapters breaking...
52.8K 596 17
"๐‘ณ๐’†๐’•๐’” ๐’ˆ๐’†๐’• ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’“๐’“๐’Š๐’†๐’… ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’," ๐‘ฏ๐’† ๐’”๐’‚๐’Š๐’… ๐’˜๐’Š๐’•๐’‰ ๐’‚ ๐’ƒ๐’Š๐’ˆ ๐’”๐’Ž๐’Š๐’๐’† "๐‘ฎ๐’Š๐’๐’ƒ๐’†๐’“๐’• ๐’š๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’„๐’“๐’‚๐’›๐’š" ๐’”๐’‚๐’Š๐’… ๐‘จ๐’–๏ฟฝ...
39.6K 658 29
โ˜พ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘ข๐‘›๐‘ โ„Ž๐‘–๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘“๐‘–๐‘›๐‘‘๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘–๐‘ก'๐‘  ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘ฆ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘”โ„Ž โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘‘๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘˜๐‘›๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘  โ˜ฝ
409K 12K 56
โDo you love her Gil?โž โžThat's the thing, I don't love ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ. I'm not sure the girl I do love loves me back.โž [Anne with an E- Season 1-3] {Gilbert...